Help me schedule my training

Edusm17

Reaction score
Hi , I´ve decided to take my gym training serious but I have no idea of what kind of workouts/excercises I should do , I´m going to the gym 5 days a week , so do u guys have any sugestions on what splits and sets should I try?.
Let my know what you would recommend.
Thanks in advance.

Amante Silvestre

Reaction score
I´m going to the gym 5 days a week , so do u guys have any sugestions on what splits and sets should I try?
Lots of new guys like to run split routines because they dream about big arms, they see a program that has 1,000 barbell curls in it, snub the full body programs because, where's the sweet bicep work brah? And as a result, they screw themselves out of a lot of potential gains.

Don't be that guy. Find yourself a proven, full-body workout program, such as the ones EyeBRollin suggested.

What a lot of people don't realize is that split routines aren't really about which muscles you're working out compared to a full body program. It is all about managing rest and recovery periods (for individual muscles, not from days hitting the gym). Splits are purposely designed to provide longer rest periods for each of the muscles you're targeting, which is why they incorporate so many isolation type exorcises. As a result, many of these programs (especially beginner routines) often only hit each muscle once a week, but you also have to hit the gym 5 or 6 days a week to go through all of the muscles in your body before you can start over again. There are split routines that hit muscles 2 times a week, sometimes more, but they are better suited for intermediate and advanced guys who know what they're doing.

On a full body routine, you're hitting all muscles with each workout, and you're doing it 2 or 3 times a week instead of once. So even though you may only be hitting the gym 3 days a week, you're also working out all of your muscles 3 days a week. That's going to bring you closer to the maximum potential muscle gains possible within a set time period, while also building up a solid core.

As a new guy, you're going to build muscle and grow no matter what you do. It's inevitable (so long as your diet and rest is also on point). So you're going to get bigger biceps, stronger abs, work those calves, etc. on a full body program even if it doesn't have 1,000 reps of barbell curls or a thousand sit ups in it. Core strength that comes from doing these compound exorcises is the most important factor to focus on in the beginning, because your progression is going to come on very quickly and you're going to need all of those muscles in your body to handle those heavier weights when they come.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fullbody 3 days a week for 1 hour for beginner. You can add in a 4th day of cardio and ab work if you want.

How This "Nice Guy" Steals Women from Jerks

Did you know a woman can be totally UN-ATTRACTED to you...

And she'll still sleep with you?

If you've ever seen a girl go home with some asshole she didn't even LIKE, you know this is true.

But how is this possible?

Because deep inside her brain, sexual desire has nothing to do with what you LOOK like...

And everything to do with how you make her FEEL.

Matt Cook knows this all too well.

Matt is a nice guy... but he steals women from JERKS all the time.

In this free video training below, he'll show you how he does it:

How to Control Her Emotions and Make Her Chase You

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're still going 5 days a week? Consistently?

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can weight train twice a week and use the 3rd and fourth day for polymetrics l kettlebell etc. Weight training will get you stiff if not supplemented correctly

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do full body 3 times a week. And on the other 4 days I work on my core strength with pushups and sit ups

On the days I lift I do 12 sets flat bench press. 6 sets with 180 pounds till failure. Then 6 sets with lighter weight, like 130, focusing on negatives. Then I do 4 sets of incline bench with light weight. Then I do bent over barbell rows, bicep curls, leg extensions, and reverse leg curls.

I do squats if I'm at the gym, but usually I'm at home

I only do a lot of sets with my chest. Every other muscle I only do 6 sets

I always stretch each muscle before and after every workout. I think a lot of people overlook this, but it helps a lot

Just throwing out there what I do, not saying this is for everyone

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My work schedule is messing up my workouts. Thinking of switching to splits

Espi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My work schedule is messing up my workouts.
Refuse to believe that.

NOTHING gets in the way of my workouts. I walk into the gym ready to do battle, and nothing stops me from getting it done, M-F ,45 minutes full body WO. No to minimal rest in between sets. No warmup either.

Very simple: WHATEVER you end up doing, do it consistently, with all-out 100% effort. Should be sweaty torterous and uncomfortable. It feels good only before and after.