Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep the list. Laminate the paper and keep it ready in your pocket for other 'weak' moments.
To be fair I'm kinda beyond the point of where I would break NC.. That is very very unlikely to happen.

I do get the odd day where I feel sorry for her & her broken life, her broken upbringing & her issues, including depression.

However trying to fix a broken/damaged girl never ends well for us men.

This is why a written reminder or a list of why I had to cut her loose, helps in those low moments.

What makes things hardest is, she was a sexy little attractive thing. Damn!!

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What makes things hardest is, she was a sexy little attractive thing. Damn!!
What makes things hardest is when you are unable to go No Contact because you co-parent children with your ex...

vato

Don Juan
Reaction score
Had a moment of weakness today at work.

Had some memories of her come flooding back, of some of the few good times we had.

I immediately grabbed a pen and paper & made a list of all the negative qualities about her, all the bad behaviours she displayed & some of the areas where my values do not align with hers.

Pretty much immediately I felt ok again lol
Keep that list in your notes app in your phone. I created a long list and it has helped me.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep that list in your notes app in your phone. I created a long list and it has helped me.
Yeh I have done that. I look at it from time to time.

By the way I'm not one of these guys, that looks for red flags or reasons to justify the breakup.

There are literally some serious red flags and issues with my ex.. pretty certain she is BPD/NPD, or some other crazy shyte.

She was on/off anti depressants when I met her & I could clearly tell she had issues with her moods and had anger issues.

And I'm not the type who jumps to the BPD conclusion lightly.

Foe

Don Juan
Reaction score
pretty certain she is BPD/NPD, or some other crazy shyte.

She was on/off anti depressants when I met her & I could clearly tell she had issues with her moods and had anger issues.

And I'm not the type who jumps to the BPD conclusion lightly.
Nah doubt on the BPD, having some hands on experience with this you will know, there is no ifs or buts about it. The worst part of the BPD is they are actually the worst effected, you can see the torment in there actions and how ashamed and guilt ridden they are. Doesn't stop them from doing the same thing over and over and projecting it all on you but man you will know if you get into it with a BPD..

They give you the purest highs as well which is something Im still trying to get over. I think you just bagged a hottie and lets face it these things are not equipped to compromise, understand or settle. They are princesses, be proud you can hit this calibre of chick, most guys can only dream.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah doubt on the BPD, having some hands on experience with this you will know, there is no ifs or buts about it. The worst part of the BPD is they are actually the worst effected, you can see the torment in there actions and how ashamed and guilt ridden they are. Doesn't stop them from doing the same thing over and over and projecting it all on you but man you will know if you get into it with a BPD..

They give you the purest highs as well which is something Im still trying to get over. I think you just bagged a hottie and lets face it these things are not equipped to compromise, understand or settle. They are princesses, be proud you can hit this calibre of chick, most guys can only dream.
01. Anti depressants
02. Sexual abuse in her childhood
03. String of toxic relationships
04. Severe mood swings
05. Raised without a father only dates much older men (daddy issues)
06. Paranoid about cheating, goes through your phone etc, scared of abandonment if you don't text back or call.
07. Doesn't get along with colleagues or family
08. Addicted to attention/social media
09. Lots of male friends
10. Drinks alcohol to get drunk
11. Several large tattoos
12. High body count

This is more than just princess bro.. this is someone pretty much damaged.. Might not be straight up BPD, and I hinted at that.. Possibly Daddy Issue's as, most broken girls including BPD have Daddy Issue's

johnrambo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is more than just princess bro.. this is someone pretty much damaged.. Might not be straight up BPD, and I hinted at that.. Possibly Daddy Issue's as, most broken girls including BPD have Daddy Issue's
Most of us guys (e.g., me) who are into younger ladies will no doubt encounter ladies with daddy issues. Not having grown up in a normal and happy family will lead to all the points you mentioned in 01-12! The alternative is ladies who are in their 40s and 50s who are divorced and have kids.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of us guys (e.g., me) who are into younger ladies will no doubt encounter ladies with daddy issues. Not having grown up in a normal and happy family will lead to all the points you mentioned in 01-12! The alternative is ladies who are in their 40s and 50s who are divorced and have kids.
I don't like older girls.. So intend to continue smashing younger chicks, but keep the ones with daddy issues at an arms length lol

Lotus Effect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When it comes to sex, the damaged chicks, Daddy issues girls are the damn best.. they love that domination and kinky sex!!
As the quote go, there’s no better pvssy than crazy pvssy!

Lotus Effect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Need a reality check guys.

got two friends of mine, guy and girl

to visit me after my surgery (13 days now)

we took some pics, and the chick posted on instagram stories

and now I’m in that position of reposting or not, only to show the girl im here for that I’m living my life.

basically, weak afc behavior.

not going to do it, because the reason is not genuine or anything like, the reason is petty and it just shows im still seeking validation from someone who clearly does not give a single flying fvck

there’s also another two chicks, that id like to see the stories as well, but again, same reason, reposting to validate or to showcase something to others.

not doing it, but it was good writing about it!

cheers mates!

jamesfromhouston

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello my dudes!

I told myself that I would come back here with more insights over a recent break up and no contact journey, here I am after almost 70 days of no contact.

My Story:
(Short version: I dated a famous fitness influencer. She snooped into my unlocked phone when I was showering and found out that on a drunken night out months ago, I hooked up with a girl in early in our relationship. She dumped me immediately.)

I hope to share my experience and some lessons learnt so far.
(Funny thing is I actually did a detailed 360 Days NC Challenge on this thread in 2021 - 2022 because of another girl and painful breakup. I thought I had learnt a lot from that break up and was prepared for any more future break ups and NC. But here I am back again with a new NC challenge. Realizing that I made some of the same mistakes again and now learning new lessons. I thought I would have conquered heartbreak by now but maybe we never do.)

70 Days NC Lessons So Far

They Are Gone

The first few weeks were definitely the toughest. From the moment I was dumped, I couldn't really accept that she was gone. She was not mine anymore. Your mind gets so used to somebody that when they are no longer in your life it just feels unbelievable. There was also a lot of anxiety from my part because at the same time I didn't want it to be the reality. You just can't accept it. You think you want to fight for it because if you don't, you think you're giving up. You think if you don't fight, she will end up hooking up with some other dude. In fact I realize that your mind will make 100 reasons for you to justify you fighting against the break up. So in the beginning I did try to contact her and work things out with her. I did plead with her. I fought for her. In retrospect, I wish I would have spared myself the trouble. If they have dumped you. Nothing you say or do will change that. The trying just leads to more pain and delays healing. This is something I have learnt the 2nd time now with 2 painful breakups & NC journeys from 2021 to now. I also think fighting just made me look weak and it really changed nothing. If I could go back in time, and for those fresh off their breakups, I would advise myself (and others), don't fight it. Accept it. Show maturity but indifference. You save your own humiliation and increase the chances of her having second thoughts (although in most instances she won't at this stage) but you just have to accept that you lost this round.

Wake Up Call To Unhappiness Of Your Life
I have been thinking about this a lot. When the break up first happened. I felt so devastated. I felt so low. I felt the happiness and excitement from my life have gone. And it was exactly that. The girl became my source of happiness at some point. When she was gone. I was faced with the reality of my life which had revolved around her to a very large degree. I had been stagnating, cutting down my social life and basically stopped on many aspects of my life because I got comfortable with this girl. When you are constantly getting *****, attention and love from a hot girl; if those are the main things that motivate you in life (and they shouldn't be), you stagnate. My fitness was down. My career and hobbies were neglected. My friends were ignored. It was just me and her. But it was just really me living in a bubble. So when I was dumped it was a wake up call to face the real state of my life. I was no longer blinded by the relationship and *****. And that is the problem, when you let someone else become the main source of your happiness then you're playing a dangerous game because you can't control the other person. They can choose to leave or make it hell for you at any moment. You have given away your happiness, you just don't know it. So the break up really made me look at my life and realize there was so much more work to be done.

Self-Improvement Happiness
So immediately after the break up and start of NC, I shifted my focus to self-improvement. This is something I learnt from my first NC journey years ago. I know that self-improvement is where it all starts. During this period, I started exercising everyday at the gym, working on my career and generally looking at making my life much more abundant in every way. It's only been few months so far, so I can't claim that the journey is over but already I made good gains. I became much much more fit than I ever was. Started feeling much better health wise and looking better. I became much more confident as a result. Also getting compliments and attention from new girls. I would even get approached by girls a few times. My career work has also led to some professional growth and things are nicely progressing towards my objective. And I developed new social circles that I have been spending some time with, leading to some new experiences in my life. My self-improvement and time spent with myself actually has brought me a lot of fulfilment that feels much more long lasting than other activities such as plating and just trying to sleep with chicks. It is still a journey that I am on now but I think there is so much credence to the concept of chasing abundance and excellence.

Plating & New Chicks
Immediately after the break up, I started plating a lot and meeting new chicks. The logic was simple: I lost a girl therefore I must find her replacement immediately. It has been more than 2 months so far of me plating. At the beginning I plated aggressively and it really sucked. I tried dating every night back to back. But everywhere I went and everyone I met. I saw my ex's ghost everywhere. Feels like I was haunted. I'd have flashbacks of memories over familiar places. I'd compare the plates I met to my ex (which honestly isn't realistic). I had some bad and boring dates but I'd also have some really really good dates. In 2 months, I ended up making out, fooling around and even ****ing some chicks. One thing I have come to realize is that plates and chicks, won't necessarily bring sustainable happiness. Even the good dates and the good sex, once it is over, you go back to square 1 again. You chase that high again but go through all the mud to try again. It's almost like playing a video game where the level resets. There is really nothing longer lasting that comes from it. Sure, when you find a good long term plate or **** buddy, you might consistently have fun but the truth is after sex is done, you go back to square 1 again. You may feel empty until the next hit. And even you want to be truly deep about it, the same can be said about LTRs including my ex. For example, my ex no doubt brought me much happiness but how sustainable was that? My relationships with my ex along with all my other exes eventually ended and caused more pain than they did happiness. Also things go stale with time. This is helping me come to the realisation that although chicks can bring some value to a man's life, they cannot be the primary source of a man's happiness. On the other hand, self-improvement and slowly becoming your best self and building your best life seems to be the best bet to truly becoming happy.

Thinking About Them
The idea that I had in the beginning is that the more I continue with NC eventually I will reach a point where I don't think about my ex anymore. Almost like NC can erase them from your memory. After 70 days, I can say, it has not happened yet. I still think about my ex. In fact even with another ex from 2021, I still think about her quite regularly. (And actually with other exes too). I don't think you can easily forget people especially if they had a special place in your life and meant something to you. However what happened to me (and should happen to all of us) is that over time, the sharp pain and torment associated with your ex starts to go away. In the beginning weeks, I experienced so much pain that at first I couldn't sleep properly or wake up properly without feeling like I had an open wound. Every time I thought about them which is almost every moment, my body had some sort of physiological reaction. Now I just don't feel the pain anymore. I don't really feel sadness anymore. I don't feel the anxiety and disbelief of losing her. I have accepted it. At times, I do miss her but I realise I miss the good times rather than the person who came to break up with me. Based on my past experience, I think the thoughts of her will always be a part of me but I can live with it.

Breadcrumbs
I don't think my ex ever breadcrumbed me. I do have some big suspicions that she is actually stalking me through her friends and some other methods. However, after 70 days. She has never reached out after dumping me. I think that says a lot about how she sees me and the value of our relationship which contributes to my acceptance of how things are.

-

Its only been 70 days! But I hope all my other bros out there who are on this journey can find value in some of the lessons here. I may drop in again as more thoughts develop. Stay strong bros.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Need a reality check guys.

got two friends of mine, guy and girl

to visit me after my surgery (13 days now)

we took some pics, and the chick posted on instagram stories

and now I’m in that position of reposting or not, only to show the girl im here for that I’m living my life.

basically, weak afc behavior.

not going to do it, because the reason is not genuine or anything like, the reason is petty and it just shows im still seeking validation from someone who clearly does not give a single flying fvck

there’s also another two chicks, that id like to see the stories as well, but again, same reason, reposting to validate or to showcase something to others.

not doing it, but it was good writing about it!

cheers mates!
I wouldn't do it bro.. it's upto you really.

But my personal way of doing things is falling off the face of the earth completely.

If I need to post pics, then it will be with real girls I am dating and banging. No point faking it.

That being said, it depends what your end goal is. Do you want her back?

Or are you trying to leave her in the rear view mirror.

Lotus Effect

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it bro.. it's upto you really.

But my personal way of doing things is falling off the face of the earth completely.

If I need to post pics, then it will be with real girls I am dating and banging. No point faking it.

That being said, it depends what your end goal is. Do you want her back?

Or are you trying to leave her in the rear view mirror.
It’s been months now. 3 months since we’ve last been together for real.

2 months since I’ve cut contact.

as I told you, is a little b!tch move.
havent done. Specially because the reason of me doing would have come from such weak azz frame.

just needed to vent! Tks m8

Baibars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I regretted all of my mistakes in the relationship and still do but the feeling got weaker.
tried to make things work over the last 3 months with periods of no contact in between.
I sent her flowers, we had talks, I sent her a fcking letter but nothing helped. Yeah i know it was weak but I fcked things up in the relationship and wanted to fix them. went through hell until I finally understood.
now i regret my behavior and the 3 months I wasted on her.

vato

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 6:

I had some friends and relatives over at my place since we broke up. They came the day after she broke up with me. I didn't mention anything to them about the breakup, so I was busy and occupied and didn't have to think about it. They left on Saturday, and I kept myself busy on Sunday. However, when I got home, it was the first time I could actually sit down and let the breakup sink in. I was feeling low and wanted to send her a text, breaking no contact. I wrote a very long text, for closure, about everything I appreciate about her, I will miss her, and that I won't contact her again., in my notes app. I re-read it a couple of times and decided not to send it because I don't want to break NC and heal faster. If she doesn't reply to the message, it would make me feel even worse. So, I never sent her that text but it felt good writing that stuff down.

Last edited: