Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I Just Can't Let Go of my Past

Papa_smu

Banned
Reaction score
Grades/graduating and learning Game is fine. That's all I'm really worried about this year lol.
:up:
Is that like the Positivity Exercise? I've heard good things about that.
It's like what the other poster sound. You're just policing your thoughts and knowing which ones to listen too. That's about as straightforward as it gets.

One thing that helps me when I'm stuck in my head is finding a charity or volunteer event to participate in. It's hard to focus on yourself when your taking energy to help others physically. It's also a great way to meet women too. Apparently hot chicks like volunteering.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:up:

It's like what the other poster sound. You're just policing your thoughts and knowing which ones to listen too. That's about as straightforward as it gets.

One thing that helps me when I'm stuck in my head is finding a charity or volunteer event to participate in. It's hard to focus on yourself when your taking energy to help others physically. It's also a great way to meet women too. Apparently hot chicks like volunteering.
Awesome. I'm sure it's one of those easy in theory harder in implementation things though haha.

I definitely know I can succeed at both of those goals, I'd just like to police these insidious thoughts that I catch running through my head sometimes. It'll make me more productive, give me more bandwidth to go all in on school and approaches.

That'd be dope. You do CS volunteering right? We have a few of those events at my school.

Papa_smu

Banned
Reaction score
It's not easy and it does require a lot effort. Even so much you feel like a try-hard. But again, it doesn't require you to learn from a guru. It's like cleaning your kitchen. You just have to do it.

I do run a volunteer group in my city to help anybody break into web development.

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Start meditating right away! You will feel much better! The key is to learn how to disassociate yourself from your emotions and negative thought patterns. This is the no1 practical step to implement the teachings discussed in the "Power of Now" that I have also read (it's a "must" in the self-help world).

If you want to get deeper, you can try to look into various types of meditation (mindfulness, releasing emotions etc).

Don't be discouraged by the "woo-woo" vibe of some of these practices. Meditation has been scientifically proven to be beneficial. I first started during a very stressful period of my life and benefited greatly.

Of course follow this practice alongside all the other tips and suggested actions people pointed out in this thread.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not easy and it does require a lot effort. Even so much you feel like a try-hard.
It can be brutally hard at first. But once it becomes a habit, it becomes easier.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not easy and it does require a lot effort. Even so much you feel like a try-hard. But again, it doesn't require you to learn from a guru. It's like cleaning your kitchen. You just have to do it.

I do run a volunteer group in my city to help anybody break into web development.
That's awesome. I'm in a Web interface design class right now. Very different, but very cool.

Reaction score
This is like an inner game issue I've been having. I want to get rid of it, wanted some opinions.

I've finally gotten rid of my victim mentality. Everything that happens to me is my own fault and it's my responsibility to fix it. I'm taking the steps to make my life right: getting grades, building a nice body, learning Game, chasing my dreams, lots of stuff. I'm seeing some results.

But I still have this nasty voice in my head: "God, you're so stupid. You should've known about this sh*t ages ago. Had you been on SoSuave since your freshman year of college, you would've had all this handled. You could've put all this stuff into 4 years instead of cramming it into 1, and success would've been easier."

I know it's my own fault for not taking action in the past. But how can I rid myself of these thoughts?

I know that my time is better spent fixing my life RIGHT NOW instead of whining about the past.

How do I fix that?
You can't change the past

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST

NO SERIOUSLY, YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST.

do you ****ing get it!? YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST!

You get 86400 seconds a day. stop wasting time.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn’t even get fun till after college because hopefully after college you have real money and can do fun things. You can travel go to Mardi Gras, fantasy fest, Vegas and places like that where you can actually pull off the same night lays..

So no worries, you found it just in time.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what happens when you learn game.
So true. Do you want to know why older men do better with younger women? In a word, it's experience and practice. If you learn 'game' and understand female nature, it's like understanding the rules of basketball and learning plays that gives you the best chance to score. But unless you actually get out and practice you will never master the sport.

When I was your age according to your profile, at 23, I was going through one of the worst times of my life when it comes to women. All through high school and college I was doing great with girls, never had any trouble at all, in my world at the time I was on top of the heap... and I was raking it in. Then I was in the Army, stationed at a remote base where the ratio of available women to men was something like 20:1. And I was at the bottom of the rung, as a 2LT. The women that were available were horrible, pig faced fatties that if they had been anywhere else but in the middle of nowhere with an Infantry division, no one would give them the time of day... but there... Jesus... they were queens. It made me sick to my soul.

What I did, was just tried to forget the past, and focus on my career. I was just going to be a Templar Knight and just focus on being a soldier and forget about women. There was no way I was going to settle for Miss Piggy, like my roommate did. For three years I lived like this, I just saved money, volunteered for any TDY assignment or training I could. I pulled additional duty, busted my butt, and ended up being the highest rated junior officer in the Brigade and promoted ahead of peers to CPT... while my contemporaries were either chasing "Quasimotette" or dealing with b!tchy wives, I was building a foundation.

After being promoted I was stationed in Germany, had a great time there, and I was back on track. I think the early 20s is a tough time for most men. Use that time to build your foundation.... pick a career or start a business... what ever you want to do, it is a time in your life where you should just do nothing but put yourself first... then everything will fall into place.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't change the past

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST

NO SERIOUSLY, YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST.

do you ****ing get it!? YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST!

You get 86400 seconds a day. stop wasting time.
Yeah. I'm done crying and complaining man. I've been doing more approaches lately... I'll do literally whatever it takes to get my life the way I want it this year.

I'll focus on the here and now, which is what I can change.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn’t even get fun till after college because hopefully after college you have real money and can do fun things. You can travel go to Mardi Gras, fantasy fest, Vegas and places like that where you can actually pull off the same night lays..

So no worries, you found it just in time.
Yeah man. That's where that STEM Degree comes into play. I'm so glad I found this site though. If I didn't, I'd be 100% lost.

My job in college is now to fix every mistake that I made and create the life that I wanted, even in these suboptimal conditions. That way I know I had the "college experience" and I don't leave with a bitter taste in my mouth.

That's all I'm focused on. I may have to approach decently hard in college cause I'm not always in the super popular social circle. I'll do literally whatever it takes.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks like u r still focused on women.

They r still the Prize in ur subconscious.

This will be ur undoing young man.

At least some of the matured ones here have spoken as much to you.
Spaz, but I'm in college. If I just focus on myself only and don't put in some work with women, I'm gonna hate how I didn't get my "college experience" y'know? I just feel like I have to fight to make things right. The way they should've been all along.

I am definitely working on myself in tandem. Self Improvement is super important. I still don't see why you can't do both lol. By studying for my classes and doing well in them, moving towards my degree, that's automatically working on myself technically. Along with my dream of being a great musician and having a really nice body.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The guys who get women have never chased. You are trying to achieve something with a made up method created by marketing people.

SMV is the only thing that matters. The rest is cope.
Yeah SMV is very important. I agree. That's why I'm raising mine as high as I can get(in combination with playing the numbers) this year. You can't pass her looks test, your Game means nothing.

I agree with a lot of what you write, but I agree more with @fastlife on this. My experience mirrors his more.

You still need game imo though. Otherwise you'll screw it up. Maybe you don't, but I do haha. Before I got into this stuff I would have chicks with really high interest in me. Then I'd screw it up cause of my lack of game. I didn't do it right, then I got ghosted.

I'd argue a huge part of game is increasing your SMV as high as it will go lol. We were talking about Roosh earlier? He says the same thing. You need SMV. And without passing her looks test, your game is worthless.

So what would you suggest though? I wanna hear your alternative

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you pass her looks test, game still doesn't mean anything. You think a good looking guy needs to put on a mask?

You don't need game. You need confidence. You can't screw up with women unless you have them on a pedestal.

If you make them qualify themselves to you, only they can screw up.

What you lack is frame. Not game. Your frame is backwards where you think you have to calibrate to women.

Your confidence is not high enough to have women calibrate themselves to you.
But why does it have to be a mask? Game is just a strategy when you think about it.

Yeah. Agree. Confidence is absolutely Paramount.

Ok I did want to hear what you think about this situation though. I'd be interested to hear what you think of this.

So a while back, I had a girl who was at like 90% interest. She was already talking about fvcking me over the phone. I was able to invite her straight over.

I had her in my bed. But then I was being a ch0de and was like "Man I like this chick. I want a relationship. I'm not even gonna fvck her. I'll just kiss her. Let's take it slow and steady."

I never heard from her again.

Maybe you see it a different way? But I see that as a lack of game. I was like "what the hell happened?" She liked me then she disappeared? My strategy was flawed imo. I had the confidence to talk to her, sext her, invite her over, all that.

I read some AMS after that. I made two mistakes.
1.) Getting attached to these hoez. Never do that.
2.) AMS said that if you don't sleep with a girl when you have the chance, there's a 90% chance you'll never see her again.

So then I adjusted my strategy/game and I saw different results.

Maybe you have a different idea? But at the end of the day we're both taking different roads to the same destination imo.

I'd be interested to see what you think though.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That was lack of frame.

Listen man, you always do this. Some guru from the “game” points out to reality.

And then you associate what the guru points out as “game.”

Just because you heard it from someone in the game, doesn’t mean it’s “game”.

It’s reality that’s been around forever. Just like the idea of demographics.

Game is a series of techniques to achieve a result. Nowhere did AMS talked about game.

He talked about frame. He tried to give you the right frame of a guy who is unattached and indifferent to the outcome. That’s been around for millions of years. Got nothing to do with PUA sh1t.

Every woman wants to be taken and ravished in bed. The opposite is cherished and neediness. These are universal attraction principles that cannot be violated whether you are some wannabe PUA or some random Indian guy who’s never heard of the game.

The blue pill will tell you its all about connection.

But the red pill would tell you that women want physical chemistry. Finding a guy who can d1ck you down good on the daily is a great convenience. After awhile you don’t have to use condoms.

Women want this guy because they are sick of using their dildos and vibrators.

And because women want this guy, 95% of chicks are already getting fvcked, in the process of juggling multiple fvck buddies, or looking to upgrade.

They are juggling d1cks on a daily basis, trying to find the perfect d1ck to pvssy chemistry and then you show up trying to “connect”. LOL.
So we agree lol. The Blue Pill is complete horse sh*t. You'll never get laid that way lol.
The Red Pill and PUA are spot on. I think it's good to build rapport(assuming rapport like you were talking about) but other than that yeah lol.

I think we're saying the same thing in different words.

Last edited:

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But why does it have to be a mask? Game is just a strategy when you think about it.

Yeah. Agree. Confidence is absolutely Paramount.

Ok I did want to hear what you think about this situation though. I'd be interested to hear what you think of this.

So a while back, I had a girl who was at like 90% interest. She was already talking about fvcking me over the phone. I was able to invite her straight over.

I had her in my bed. But then I was being a ch0de and was like "Man I like this chick. I want a relationship. I'm not even gonna fvck her. I'll just kiss her. Let's take it slow and steady."

I never heard from her again.

Maybe you see it a different way? But I see that as a lack of game. I was like "what the hell happened?" She liked me then she disappeared? My strategy was flawed imo. I had the confidence to talk to her, sext her, invite her over, all that.

I read some AMS after that. I made two mistakes.
1.) Getting attached to these hoez. Never do that.
2.) AMS said that if you don't sleep with a girl when you have the chance, there's a 90% chance you'll never see her again.

So then I adjusted my strategy/game and I saw different results.

Maybe you have a different idea? But at the end of the day we're both taking different roads to the same destination imo.

I'd be interested to see what you think though.
the point is you shouldn't have to remind yourself "hey AMS said getting attached to deez hoez is for cucks!".
to constantly remind yourself that while at the same time trying to seduce women is a terrible waste of energy.

i think that's what @stormrider means by game.

it's much more beneficial, and much more efficient to find clever ways to invest that energy 100% into your own growth and satisfaction. if you do this well you'll find yourself much more relaxed and comfortable in your life, which provides the natural confidence and positive attitude for attracting positive people and taking on challenging endeavors. if you're smart you'll pick coed hobbies and women will stumble through your life. the best relationships happen when you least expect them.

back to your OP. do you see any value in self deprecation? any at all? if not then ask yourself why you exercise it. who better to answer that question than you? who can dive deeper into your psyche than you? you need to focus inward and figure this out, not outward at women. if you can't master your own mind how can a woman expect you to master her body and range of emotions? you shouldn't be trying to convince her you can master her, you should simply embody self mastery and exude it like the boss you are.

as a man you determine what's valuable in your life. find yourself a mission you can be passionate about and love THAT. let the women try to break you up with that passion.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the point is you shouldn't have to remind yourself "hey AMS said getting attached to deez hoez is for cucks!".
to constantly remind yourself that while at the same time trying to seduce women is a terrible waste of energy.

i think that's what @stormrider means by game.

it's much more beneficial, and much more efficient to find clever ways to invest that energy 100% into your own growth and satisfaction. if you do this well you'll find yourself much more relaxed and comfortable in your life, which provides the natural confidence and positive attitude for attracting positive people and taking on challenging endeavors. if you're smart you'll pick coed hobbies and women will stumble through your life. the best relationships happen when you least expect them.

back to your OP. do you see any value in self deprecation? any at all? if not then ask yourself why you exercise it. who better to answer that question than you? who can dive deeper into your psyche than you? you need to focus inward and figure this out, not outward at women. if you can't master your own mind how can a woman expect you to master her body and range of emotions? you shouldn't be trying to convince her you can master her, you should simply embody self mastery and exude it like the boss you are.

as a man you determine what's valuable in your life. find yourself a mission you can be passionate about and love THAT. let the women try to break you up with that passion.
Ok when you explain it that way it makes a lot of sense. I could see that.

As for why I rag on myself... That goes super deep. I don't want to whine about my problems on the forum anymore. But it goes really deep.

I was thinking I should just ignore that and paper it over until I get some more results/success? But you're saying you need to work from the inside out?

As for my passion... Music and programming. Most definitely

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure it's been mentioned on this thread many times but never forget the true paradox. Yes you're in college and want to have plenty of apple pie. But if you focus on good grades being a normal social guy and your interests and just chat up girls wherever you encounter them you will get plenty without worrying about it much. As soon as you let a girl occupy your head space you have lost.

And frankly the college girls aren't young enough for you buddy. with what you know at a relatively early age when you finally settle down you should be aiming for 10 years younger