Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cleared it with the mods! A thread I’ve wanted to do for years. Post your real life picture let the community help fix your looks!(completely optiona)

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have reservations about posting images on line. However, there is too much positivity in this thread not to partake. This is me. Age 30. My biggest liability in dating has always been height and stature. I'm genetically short and skinny (5'7, 135 lbs pre-lifting). In these photos I'm 165 lbs.

View attachment 3535View attachment 3536
V neck is good, fit shows off arms and is fitted around waist same shirt with darker color would bring out skin tone and face.

Exposing forearms, losing the grin, and adding adornment be the next step but it all is about conveying identity.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gaining some muscle and roughening up your look a little will probably help YOU out tremendously. Don’t take it the wrong way, but you have an excessive happy-go-lucky look about you, like a goofy playful dog that just can’t wait for you to throw the ball.

Maybe fun, but not at all sexy.

I’m not saying dress up like white trash, but you need more of a rougher edge without question. Slick and stylish won’t work for you.

Hit the weights. Grow something on your face, even if just a goatee or a shadow. Faded jeans and a t-shirt. Old ball cap or something. Dirty up a little.

For you I would say aim for something like this:

View attachment 3551

You need something to contrast that look I talked about, because you’ll never get rid of it. It’s part of who you are. Contrast will make it work. But all on its own it will hold you back.
This look is congruent and conveys a sexy stereotype of edgy good ‘ol boy with badboy flavor. The dirty ball cap, gold-framed glasses brings out beard color and skin tone. The cowboy t-shirt with arm tattoo, being in a truck and the gaze into distance demonstrates that one doesn’t need brands for style.

For finer calibration, complimentary shirt color with the eyes and possibly a thin leather based bracelet

Last edited:

Read for FREE!

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve got those too.

View attachment 3642
Great pic, pulls one right into your eyes. Color highlight in the hair, the stubble, half-arm crossed and facial expression are all congruent. Masculine yet reserved, conveys a deeper mystery.
With this presentation, a woman would be excited to intuit a deeper you.
A deeper v-neck (possibly) and minimal adornment would be the only thing to finer calibrate.

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dont get me wrong, im very straight... but @Amante Silvestre is a fvcking hunk.
im super jealous and attracted, id nearly fvck you... fine Sir. [insert laughing face gif]

Bravo on your hard effort (no pun intended)

@Ohso-Phresh thanks for the subjective analysis

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had to google 360 waves. I know we're from different cultures etc etc but tbh it looks very strange to me

Beard will come after age 25. Androgens will also reshape your face and redistribute fat better

Same thing happened to me. I look way better at 31 than I did at 23
Yeah, in my culture 360 waves are awesome. They increase your looks/swag cause it basically shows that you take care of your hair. If you have waves, instant +1 to your looks. I know that cause when I have waves the girls always respond to me better. It's just the equivalent of having "good hair" I guess, and we all know you need good hair to get girls lol.

Some people take waves SUPER seriously. Like getting them 100% perfectly connected. To do that, you'd have to spend about an hour brushing your hair in the mirror each day. I'm always tired and stressed after school so I don't have the patience, I think mine are good enough rn to feel good about myself and fvck some b*tches. I just relax after school for like 45 minutes and brush my hair while watching TV. That's more than enough to get some pretty good 360 waves and it's sustainable.

Read for FREE!

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes it is possible man, i looked exactly like that when i was 18-19 then i discovered the gym.
Thanks lamath. The hardest part for me is keeping my nutrition clean when I'm stressed from school or at low sleep. But I know you have to keep the good nutrition going even then.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You might be heavy but looking at your body type you have all the tools to work with to get some really good results. While overweight, your body just hides it well. Even if you can't hardcore strength train due to school doesn't your school have a gym for students? If so even use the bike or treadmill a few times a week to at least get some of the weight off if you don't have time. Even if you just lost 15lbs I would think you'd still be able to get some dates. You're not obese, and with right clothing you'd be able to cover the fat up.
Thanks BG. I still lift. I'm cleaning my diet up and I try and sneak in some cardio sessions too.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly bro, the biggest thing is to just do it. You just gotta start, and stick with it even though it sucks. I just finished a meal of rice, chicken, and broccoli. No salt except on the chicken lol. If I ever need to cut, I just do a mini cut and don’t eat for a day or so. I don’t ever do this for pleasure.

There are two things though that may help, but like I said, you gotta do the work in the first and in nutrition too. Firstly, don’t do a standard diet/cut where you just eat less calories throughout the day. Eat less calories, yes, but make sure to eat them all at once. You preserve muscle 4x more when you are losing weight via fasting than if you lose weight via standard methods. Plus, you'll actually feel full when you finally do eat since eating an actual meal is more filling than little bits teasing you throughout the day.

Secondly, don’t eat for several hours after you work out. This is because of the ‘afterburn effect’. 2-3 hours after a workout, your testosterone levels rise like hell. I’d probably go at least 4 hours after without eating just to maximize the effect, but that’s just me. You might actually feel it where you suddenly feel super hot and irritable lol. You might blame it on being hungry, but it’s really not lol. Unfortunately though, this tip requires you to work out earlier on the day.

You’re also not gonna be gaining muscle in this way. You might actually lose some strength in the process too. It’s just that you’ll lose a disproportionate amount of fat in the process so I’d say it’s worth it.
~~~
As a side note, I think you’d look better in those larger diamond studs, like cubic zirconia ones I guess. But that’s just me. I personally don’t wear any jewelry at all so take it as you will.

You could fix it within 6 months if you really grind, maybe even less than that if you’re really motivated. David Goggins lost 106 lbs in 3 months so I think you can definitely do it within that time frame really.

You gotta get contacts bro, otherwise you’ll be more like a Steve Urkel than a sophisticated Tyrone lol. I sucked with mine at first too, but we all learn. Takes some people 4 hours on their first try to put them in and take them out at first, but we all get used to it.
Thanks for the info bro. That definitely helps out. I'll give this diet stuff that you're talking about a spin.

As long as I can squat 225 for reps that's enough strength for me. My priority numero uno fitness wise is getting this fat off me, while looking decently aesthetic.

Yeah I've read his book. Goggins is so amazing. I learned a lot from him. To be real with you, I pretty much need to do a whole life transformation like Goggins did. I have ten months instead of three: but I'm not training 24/7 like he did. So I need to eat healthy and overhaul basically everything.

Like I was saying earlier, it gets hard for me to eat healthy when I'm crunched for time at school, or have to stay up late for something. First, time management. But I've circumvented this by having healthier snacks. Whenever I have to stay up late to study and what have you not, I snack on vegetables instead of potato chips. Cause I'll have to sleep eventually. And that way I'm not accruing a junk food debt.

I'll try out the contacts again. This is gonna be rough haha

Read for FREE!

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can tell by your frame you will put on muscle easily.. start running full court basketball 3-4 days a week. Doesn’t matter if you are good, hustle on every play to get that weight down.

I’ve used it myself, and watched a kid drop 40 lbs in 2 months just playing ball.
Look up starting strength 5 x 5. Do that as well I believe it’s 3-4 days a week all compounds. Best beginner workout out there, simple and effective.

That looks like baby fat, we gotta get that off.
You are correct. I actually put on muscle pretty dang easily for whatever reason. I've noticed that since high school.

Do you prefer Stronglifts 5x5 or Starting Strength? I've done Stronglifts 5x5. Most I've ever squatted is 315 for reps. I'm not quite that strong now though.

Wait you can lose fat that fast??? There was one summer I lost a ton of weight just by eating better and doing soccer drills with my friends all day, plus running/conditioning.

If you can lose fat that fast I definitely need to get on that. That would make me so content within a year.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are correct. I actually put on muscle pretty dang easily for whatever reason. I've noticed that since high school.

Do you prefer Stronglifts 5x5 or Starting Strength? I've done Stronglifts 5x5. Most I've ever squatted is 315 for reps. I'm not quite that strong now though.

Wait you can lose fat that fast??? There was one summer I lost a ton of weight just by eating better and doing soccer drills with my friends all day, plus running/conditioning.

If you can lose fat that fast I definitely need to get on that. That would make me so content within a year.
If I suspect correctly we are both mesomorphs, which means we gain and lose weight easily.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shirt is too baggy in arms and around waist.
Depending on identity and sexy stereotype, marure men have the option of conveying youthfulness or stature and sophistication.

Fingers in pocket subcomms submissiveness. Better to have just the thumbs in or hands open and by the sides.
I didn't know that about the fingers. I have a really bad habit of keeping my hands in my pockets. Do you know why it subcomms that by chance?

Speaking of sexy stereotypes... the one I'm going for is sexy ripped nerd/sophisticated Tyrone. That sound like a decent one to you?

Read for FREE!

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I suspect correctly we are both mesomorphs, which means we gain and lose weight easily.
Completely fine by me. Out of all the body types that's the one I'd want.

I'm just gonna have to implement this stuff you said. Get this weight off me quickly like David Goggins did.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't know that about the fingers. I have a really bad habit of keeping my hands in my pockets. Do you know why it subcomms that by chance?

Speaking of sexy stereotypes... the one I'm going for is sexy ripped nerd/sophisticated Tyrone. That sound like a decent one to you?
Go to any event, look at wallflowers. Where do they keep their hands? Where do they hold their drinks?

As for sexy stereotype, I don’t know if a nerd can be sexy nor what a Tyrone is.

As for what is congruent with your identity, it really depends on your values and what you are calling in in your life.

What are the activities that give you pleasure (independent from women)?

What type of music do you listen to?

What is the world that you offer for a potential women that you let in to explore?

You can start with emotional values as well as a list of adjectives that you desire for people to describe you as.

Daydream, there are no wrong answers, only the limits of your imagination, your levels of resistance and your ability to allow.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As a general comment, bodybuilder is a type. It conveys primal masculinity, discipline, focus, persistence, perseverance, dedication and devotion.

And it is one-dimensional, to add more depth and breath explore movement arts.

A bodybuilder who is also a boxer, martial artist, yogi or dancer takes that attention to form and adds flow.

Most bodybuilders who are one-dimensional waddle, like a duck.

Read for FREE!

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score

And water weight. In the summer I always weigh a few lbs less due to sweating and just eating less when its hot.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So I’ve wanted to post this thread for literally years! But never knew if it would violate forum terms, I think it would solve a ton of problems on this forum.

I think some of us aren’t getting the results we want because your look needs a little tweaking, we are all diamonds in the rough.

So I invite anyone who is brave enough to post their real life picture and let us critique you in a friendly way.

The rules:
-No pictures with company logos or showing where you work

-No disrespect/bullying. We are helping each other, not here to make fun of each other.

-Feel free to blur a portion of the photo (eyes perhaps) to retain some anonymity.

and of course I’ll go first:
View attachment 3469
I know my beard looks a little messy, it’s usually neater.
Your skin tone is great even with the tats, if you are staying with gansta/hip hop, a different color wife-beater will bring this out. ie black, russet, sage or citrine

Your facial expression with sleepy/dreamy eyes is great as long as your eyes aren’t bloodshot. The Muslimish beard could get more edge with tasteful braid/bead/metallic thread in there somewhere - all depends on your identity and whether it adds more congruence.

Read for FREE!

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@Ohso-Phresh Bro, like who are you? Lmao
Someone’s whom been at it since probably before you were born.

I’m always improving, always growing, always learning,... maximizing effect via trim tabs (Bucky Fuller)

It’s either that or coasting. Coasting by default is downhill.

Fossilization of the mind is a real thing, lmao.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Playing a sport it will be fast. But it may come back as soon as the season is over. Weight training changed your body composition entirely.

Starting Strength is better than Stronglifts IMO, though they are very similar.