Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What weight of dumbbells do you guys recommend?

Reaction score
I was thinking of purchasing 2 dumbbells and they each weigh 30lbs. I am 6'1" and I weigh 215lbs

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best dumbells are ones that you can lift properly,with good form,while still being a bit of a test. As you progress,likely will be to light

Reaction score
The best dumbells are ones that you can lift properly,with good form,while still being a bit of a test. As you progress,likely will be to light
Do I need to increase the weight over time or can i have big muscles with just staying with the same weight?

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do I need to increase the weight over time or can i have big muscles with just staying with the same weight?
If you are new to the bodybuilding gig,ul make newbie gains fairly quickly,assuming you are doing structured exercises and eating well.Over time,ul need to lift heavier to get better,further results.However,thats not the only way,you can go slower,with lighter weights and super strict form...but in most cases if you want progress ul have to up the weights a touch,whilst not cheating.I do reccomend hitting the weights,there are no downsides and the discipline needed also is good for morale!

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do remember the old maxim tho,"you cant outrain a bad diet" For a long time,I thought,nonsense,but time has revealed that is a powerful truth,so accept it as such if you wanna be buff,take it from me

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I was thinking of purchasing 2 dumbbells and they each weigh 30lbs. I am 6'1" and I weigh 215lbs
You can't just get one pair. That would be pointless. You would be much better off buying a set of heavy, well made resistance bands...

Lightweight, portable and highly effective

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Search for these:

-Rogue Squat rack (The compact one is only $400)
-300 lb Fitness Gear weight set from Dvcks Sporting Goods ($300)

Best starter set.
I'd buy a set of high quality resistance bands instead of heavy equipment...far greater bang for your buck and highly portable as well. Might not be as effective but it's pretty close...95+% as effective.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with everyone saying adjustable... I have powerblocks.... they go to 90 but I believe you can get a kit that takes them up to 160

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always lift light with high reps when I'm using free weight, I watched my buddy jack his shoulder on a 100lb. Dumbbell.

I like to use the machines because I can max out without a spotter