Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Official Thread: Which Car(s) to Get?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
German whips only, Merc or Audi

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wanted to make an official thread on this… time to get a new car.

I’ll have to call my credit union and get a car loan. I can’t be car-less like this anymore.

For my main, my aim is to get a car that I can drive to hell and back. I want to drive out of town and back every single weekend, and just have many adventures. Mainly for game lol. I need a car that I can beat into the ground, essentially. I’m still establishing myself financially, so it’ll be a used car. I think it’s smarter to buy used cars anyways, because cars are depreciating assets. I don’t need some super fancy car.

But, I have no clue what to get tbh. I used to drive a 2009 Chevy Malibu. I thought maybe a 2012-2018 Honda Accord could be good for my purposes.

I also want to have a beater car, preferably one that I can buy outright. This way, when my car eventually breaks down, I’m not completely crippled while I work on getting a new one.

Just wanted to know what I should get, which ones I should target. There are so many options.
Lot of people will tell you Toyota, but they are overpriced with sh1tty interiors

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lot of people will tell you Toyota, but they are overpriced with sh1tty interiors
Everyone wants to buy Toyotas and Hondas; you have to pay a mileage premium of about 25-30% over comparable cars at the same price

tightgrp

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am familiar with Scotty Kilmer but not the other guys. I like Kilmer. I think that Kilmer is a good guy to take someone from minimal car knowledge to at least intermediate level by regularly watching his videos.
He's enterataining but got a bit of clickbait lately. Has a few good videos but also several time wasters.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well worth it to have near zero maintenance issues.
Depends on the model. The Camry and SUVs are nice. Their trucks, Sienna, and Corolla are very uncomfortable . Many of them have a bad dashboard design flaw where you can't see the speedometer hardly on a sunny day. Then the Tacoma sits your feet up too high. That alone makes the Frontier a better option. Again, I like the Camry and SUVs though. Only issue I see with the Camry is bad sunglare on the radio screen.

The Ford F150 and Expedition are also reliable, but slightly less so than theirToyota counterparts. Most comfortable seats of any vehicle I've sat in though. The Explorer might have the most comfortable seat of any vehicle I sat in at a new car show this year, but they have problems lately.

Chevy right now is absolutely a no go. Silverado is plagued with issues.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got in contact with the credit union and have been approved for a loan. Have a list of used cars that I’d like to look at, will likely will go Honda.

I will say, I got to drive a 2021 Charger through my company the other day. Man, it’s nice!!! It makes me want to get one of them, even though that’s probably a poor financial decision:lol:
Depends on how long you plan to keep it. A friend of mine had one until a little over 100k miles. No issues. Then he traded expecting issues by 200k.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know, I know, being a Pinoy that is unacceptable of me. But I enjoyed it. It was a good change from my old Honda SUV. It alerted me a few times that the car in front of me drove off, when I was sitting at stoplights not paying any attention :lol:
A Garmin fash cam does the same stoplight alert

Reactions: BMX

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well worth it to have near zero maintenance issues.
I'd say barely worth it at this point, and there may be a time if these companies are strapped for cash, that they may decide to ride their reputation to a point where it becomes a bad deal.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Depends on the model. The Camry and SUVs are nice. Their trucks, Sienna, and Corolla are very uncomfortable . Many of them have a bad dashboard design flaw where you can't see the speedometer hardly on a sunny day. Then the Tacoma sits your feet up too high. That alone makes the Frontier a better option. Again, I like the Camry and SUVs though. Only issue I see with the Camry is bad sunglare on the radio screen.

The Ford F150 and Expedition are also reliable, but slightly less so than theirToyota counterparts. Most comfortable seats of any vehicle I've sat in though. The Explorer might have the most comfortable seat of any vehicle I sat in at a new car show this year, but they have problems lately.

Chevy right now is absolutely a no go. Silverado is plagued with issues.
I had 2 Camry's, an Accord and 2 CRVs.

Never really got into the trucks...don't like the RAV4 because they are too small

Reincarnated

Don Juan
Reaction score
My answer... Whatever you can buy in cash, aka no financing a vehicle. Personally I'm still rolling with a 2009 Honda Civic, will hit 200k miles this year, and I plan on another 50k.

I'm thinking Jeep Wrangler or Toyota Supra for my next vehicle (a few years away), and I'd definitely go used. Two very different cars, will probably go with the Wrangler because of snow, and can justify it a little more than doling out cash on an economy brand sports car.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had 2 Camry's, an Accord and 2 CRVs.

Never really got into the trucks...don't like the RAV4 because they are too small
What! my 2011 Rav 4 has some of the best storage in the back i've ever seen in a crossover. Put a whole sofa and some dressers in their the other day. Don't even bother borrowing my friends van for most stuff

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
What! my 2011 Rav 4 has some of the best storage in the back i've ever seen in a crossover. Put a whole sofa and some dressers in their the other day. Don't even bother borrowing my friends van for most stuff
It's smaller than a CRV interior wise.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's smaller than a CRV interior wise.
The older ones do seem to be smaller and i'm not all that familiar with newer models, both the modern rav4 and CRV don't appeal to me. They've gotten more and more pedestrian and chubby. Lost the fun sport factor

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The older ones do seem to be smaller and i'm not all that familiar with newer models, both the modern rav4 and CRV don't appeal to me. They've gotten more and more pedestrian and chubby. Lost the fun sport factor
Maybe, not sure on the new ones either...mine is a 2016. Sportiness isn't high on my list...low miles, a good deal after I haggle the hell out of the dealer and driving from point A to point B with as few maintenance issues as possible is my priority. Goal is to keep is 8-10 years to eliminate car payments for as long as possible.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My work colleagues were saying the Toyota Corolla might have too many miles… it’s at 168K.

Gonna keep my options open and research hard for the car. I’d like to be driving it before I leave for my vacation(which is on March 23.)