Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Official Thread: Which Car(s) to Get?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This will help out for sure.

I didn’t want to ask for more than 10% of my income for a loan since I was having trouble getting approved in the past. But now I’m almost wishing I had asked for a little bit more lol

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just get a car that is cheap to maintain and has good mileage. For 8,000 you won't get an impressive car to get you the ladies, but women prefer a Crown Victoria that rides to a Camaro sitting in your driveway waiting for new parts.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad this thread popped up. My 2014 Malibu is sitting on 225k miles and will need to be replaced soon. It's given me surprisingly few problems. "The 4 cylinders are bulletproof" - my 30 yr GM certified mechanic uncle.

I was going to buy another cadillac but my 2019 XTS has given me too many nuisance problems to want to buy another one. If I spend 60k on another car, it'll probably be a Tesla, Mercedes, BMW or a chevy/gmc truck.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
For me a car is nothing more than something to get you from point A to point B. I want it to be reliable, low maintenance and never end up in a situation where I am somewhere in the middle of nowhere and the car won't start, or driving on a long trip and the check engine light comes on and the car dies.

Which means, virtually all American made cars are out. They like adding a lot of style but not a lot of reliability for that style. Don't give me bells and whistles when you can't even get the basics down properly.

Looks are secondary to me, as long as it isn't trashed and looks decent that's good enough for me.

Cars depreciate in value, doesn't make sense to put a ton of money into one, unless it's one of those collectors items that can appreciate over time. Those aren't the ones you typically put a few 100,000 miles on tho.

Goal is to always get a low milage, used vehicle, bargain the hell out of the dealership, get the best price I can and then pay it off within 3-5 years and have no car payment for 5+ years.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I spent 3500 on my 2008 Buick allure, most have some common stock issues but once you get past those it's a great ride, also super quiet, easily the best purchase I've ever made, bought it at 135k and haven't looked back

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That Buick LeSabre is looking realllll nice right now.

I could do the Ford Crown Victoria too.

I’ve found some in the Nashville area. I don’t really want to overthink this… I’m going to go ahead and pay for the inspection and get the car so I can get back on the road ASAP.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just get a car that is cheap to maintain and has good mileage. For 8,000 you won't get an impressive car to get you the ladies, but women prefer a Crown Victoria that rides to a Camaro sitting in your driveway waiting for new parts.
Great analogy lol. I think from that video the Buick LeSabre would be a great fit. It’s perfect for someone who drives a lot and doesn’t want to put a ton of thought into repairs, which is basically where I’m at.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me a car is nothing more than something to get you from point A to point B. I want it to be reliable, low maintenance and never end up in a situation where I am somewhere in the middle of nowhere and the car won't start, or driving on a long trip and the check engine light comes on and the car dies.

Which means, virtually all American made cars are out. They like adding a lot of style but not a lot of reliability for that style. Don't give me bells and whistles when you can't even get the basics down properly.

Looks are secondary to me, as long as it isn't trashed and looks decent that's good enough for me.

Cars depreciate in value, doesn't make sense to put a ton of money into one, unless it's one of those collectors items that can appreciate over time. Those aren't the ones you typically put a few 100,000 miles on tho.

Goal is to always get a low milage, used vehicle, bargain the hell out of the dealership, get the best price I can and then pay it off within 3-5 years and have no car payment for 5+ years.
Exactly. Totally agree with you. The last thing I need to do is buy some fancy toy that I can’t afford.

I remember reading Bachelor Pad Economics a while back, and the author said that buying a super fancy expensive new car is one of the biggest financial mistakes that men make. He said that will torpedo your finances almost as much as choosing a degree in Gender Studies lol

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly. Totally agree with you. The last thing I need to do is buy some fancy toy that I can’t afford.

I remember reading Bachelor Pad Economics a while back, and the author said that buying a super fancy expensive new car is one of the biggest financial mistakes that men make. He said that will torpedo your finances almost as much as choosing a degree in Gender Studies lol
Part of how men pay for sex indirectly is through their cost of transportation. When men buy expensive brand cars, it is their hope that the expensive car either enables them to attract new women or retain the current woman in his life.

Aaron Clarey has often made the point that a simpler car + motorcycle could impress a woman more than an expensive brand car. The motorcycle can be done if there's enough spare income, but not necessary.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Part of how men pay for sex indirectly is through their cost of transportation. When men buy expensive brand cars, it is their hope that the expensive car either enables them to attract new women or retain the current woman in his life.

Aaron Clarey has often made the point that a simpler car + motorcycle could impress a woman more than an expensive brand car. The motorcycle can be done if there's enough spare income, but not necessary.
I agree with the part you mentioned about retention. That’s a good point to bring up for sure. In my social circles in the past, I’ve literally seen some women debate whether they should date a guy or not because only drives a Honda.”

On the flip side, I don’t think having a nice car is the end all be all and I feel like there’s a misconception that it will save you, even without game or what not. I remember one time meeting a guy who drove a McLaren iirc but he “couldn’t get laid to save his fvcking life.”

I thought about getting a motorcycle but in the end o decided against it.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The motorcycle can be done if there's enough spare income, but not necessary.
In congested areas like the Randstad, the motorcycle is handier than a car. That's why I don't have a car.
Martyn with Brute Zuiderwoude..jpg

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the part you mentioned about retention. That’s a good point to bring up for sure. In my social circles in the past, I’ve literally seen some women debate whether they should date a guy or not because only drives a Honda.”
This is part of why men pay for sex indirectly with these purchases.

A Honda or Toyota will not get you laid. Neither will mostly other non-luxury brand from any country. With Chevrolet, it is possible a Camaro or Corvette could help you in getting laid. A Mustang might help in getting laid from Ford.

Some of the brands I mentioned above are good brands. Honda and Toyota have great reputations but you don't need to have a Honda or Toyota to have a good car.

On the flip side, I don’t think having a nice car is the end all be all and I feel like there’s a misconception that it will save you, even without game or what not. I remember one time meeting a guy who drove a McLaren iirc but he “couldn’t get laid to save his fvcking life.”
There are a few different tiers of luxury brands. I won't cover every brand but here a few brands.

BMW is supposed to stand for Brings Me Women. A BMW might help in getting laid, but there are far more luxurious and more expensive brands than a BMW.

Mercedes-Benz is comparable to BMW, but slightly more upscale.

Porsche is even more expensive for most models.

Ferrari/Lamborghini/McLaren are more expensive than Porsche.

An awesome car alone won't save you, and more guys try to get laid with cars in the BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Lexus type range.

I think the home is more important than the car for possessions for impressing women.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is part of why men pay for sex indirectly with these purchases.

A Honda or Toyota will not get you laid. Neither will mostly other non-luxury brand from any country. With Chevrolet, it is possible a Camaro or Corvette could help you in getting laid. A Mustang might help in getting laid from Ford.

Some of the brands I mentioned above are good brands. Honda and Toyota have great reputations but you don't need to have a Honda or Toyota to have a good car.

There are a few different tiers of luxury brands. I won't cover every brand but here a few brands.

BMW is supposed to stand for Brings Me Women. A BMW might help in getting laid, but there are far more luxurious and more expensive brands than a BMW.

Mercedes-Benz is comparable to BMW, but slightly more upscale.

Porsche is even more expensive for most models.

Ferrari/Lamborghini/McLaren are more expensive than Porsche.

An awesome car alone won't save you, and more guys try to get laid with cars in the BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Lexus type range.

I think the home is more important than the car for possessions for impressing women.
Brings Me Women :lol:

I do too. More important to have a decent place to bring her back to than a fancy ride.

I’m not gonna lie, I wanted to mention Elliot Rodger but that’s probably inappropriate and outside of the scope of this thread tbh.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Updates

Okay guys, this is starting to get good.

I did a sh*t-ton of research on some good cars for me. I’ve narrowed down the search to a couple of used Buick LeSabres at dealers near me.

I’ll be test driving one of them tomorrow. And I’ll be test driving one the day after that. The first one is in a small town near me. The second one is in Nashville.

Tbh, I’m a little bit annoyed that I didn’t ask for just *slightly* more on my loan. To be fair, I didn’t know if I would get approved or not so I wanted to keep my request very conservative. If I end up buying Car A, I’ve just slightly priced myself out. Meaning that I need to endure one more week of work while car-less and let my engineering check hit before I can buy this thing.

All I’m gonna do is go to the dealership, give her a test drive, and then take the car to get a third party inspection.

I’ll compare the two, and then I’ll purchase either on Saturday or the Thursday after that(when my engineering paycheck hits.) This assumes that both of the cars aren’t jacked up. But I’m assuming that both of them won’t be.

I’m not really going to overthink this… as long as the inspection is good and the miles aren’t too high(they aren’t) I’m just gonna go ahead and pull the trigger. The most important thing is that I’m on the road, like yesterday lol.

My Homework

I have literally no idea how car insurance works. I have to have a thorough understanding of that before I hit the dealership tomorrow. Dave Ramsey says I should have it BEFORE I drive off the lot.

Yes, it’s unacceptable for me to wreck another car. I’ll be driving like a grandpa, and I won’t get behind the wheel if I’m sleep deprived. But I still need to understand how insurance and deductibles work.

Also, I need to go over just a list of general things I need to do when buying a car.

Timeframe

I expect to have a car by this Saturday, or next Saturday at the very latest.

P.S.
Man, this engineering check is so critical to my success. I’ve joked/talked about quitting my job before, but I need to keep doing it so I can get paid and afford stuff like this. They’re lucky engineering pays well because it is driving me crazy, literally :rofl:

P.P.S./ I Didn’t Know Where Else to Post This

My side hustle has officially generated $3000 as of today. That’s fantastic. On top of that, I’m convinced that having that extra income let me get approved for the car loan where I got rejected in the past. I’m tempted to call it a victory and quit, but that extra income will let me move to a bigger city without going into more devt

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the dealer is reputable and has a mechanic department, you can probably skip the 3rd party inspection on the Lesabre. The engine at least should be good given it's a 3800.