Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Dallas' Scene

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought you said that area was scary
West Village (the northern end of Uptown) is not scary.

Uptown has gotten scarier since the mid-2010s. The bars off of McKinney Avenue have attracted sketchier elements and there have been some shootings on McKinney Avenue and on some side streets right off of McKinney.

Uptown still isn't nearly as bad as areas of Dallas south of Interstate 30. Those areas include Fair Park, Pleasant Grove, parts of Oak Cliff, etc. Most of these areas are majority Hispanic and Black.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cowboys Red River is inconveniently located as compared to a lot of other places in Dallas. If you go to Cowboys Red River, you're there for the whole night.
Cowboys Red River is a bit of a different bar in Dallas. It's known for being less pretentious than a lot of Dallas bars.

If you want to do well at Cowboys Red River, you'll need to know how to Country Western dance and wear Western attire.

It's a good place to pick up White women but away from the main bar areas of Dallas like Downtown, Uptown, Deep Ellum, Knox-Henderson, and Lower Greenville. It is isolated from most nightlife. There are some strip clubs near it and a couple of Latin clubs about a mile away.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cowboys Red River is a bit of a different bar in Dallas. It's known for being less pretentious than a lot of Dallas bars.

If you want to do well at Cowboys Red River, you'll need to know how to Country Western dance and wear Western attire.

It's a good place to pick up White women but away from the main bar areas of Dallas like Downtown, Uptown, Deep Ellum, Knox-Henderson, and Lower Greenville. It is isolated from most nightlife. There are some strip clubs near it and a couple of Latin clubs about a mile away.
Cowboys Red River, The highest concentration of hot girls Dallas has to offer.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cowboys Red River, The highest concentration of hot girls Dallas has to offer.
Cowboys Red River is a destination bar because it's not in a nightlife district. It's a bit off the beaten path. When people go out in Deep Ellum, Knox-Henderson, or Lower Greenville, they can go to multiple places in a night. That's not happening at Cowboys Red River.

There's some real importance in being able to Country Western dance there. Women can find guys who can dance and demonstrate higher value there. I don't think that place is worth going to without solid dance abilities and Western attire.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Once Sandbar Cantina opened in Dallas, when I wanted to play volleyball, I went there. Sandbar Cantina is much closer to Dallas.
Sandbar Cantina closed in May 2023. In Dallas, Sandbar Cantina was the hub of sand volleyball play during the 2010s.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dallas' most iconic building is Reunion Tower.

This is Reunion Tower....

The restaurant/bar inside Reunion Tower, a Wolfgang Puck restaurant, closed in the first few months of the pandemic in 2020.

A new restaurant/bar called Crown Block will open in its former space on Monday. It is already booked through some point in June.

I never ate at the Wolfgang Puck restaurant in Reunion Tower. I had a drink there at one event.

The Wolfgang Puck restaurant was a very common spot for couples to get engaged in Dallas. It is likely that will happen with Crown Block once it opens.

I checked on at this. It's now possible to get a table on the same day.

Probably a solid place to take a committed girlfriend but not ideal for an early stage date.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, Lounge 31 and Rattlesnake. Lol always good entertainment.
I have been to the Rattlesnake Bar at the Ritz Carlton in Dallas. It's not a great pickup spot. When I went once on a Saturday night, I was around 30 and most of that audience is 40+. Over the years, I have also been to a few organized events there, but none in many years. As @BadBoy89 says, only younger women matter and younger women aren't really at that bar. There are some more affluent 40 something women seeking 55+, older rich guys there. It can be entertaining people watching.

I've not been to Lounge 31 either. It's in Highland Park. Highland Park and University Park are richer, generally married. Might be good for people watching, doesn't sounds like an ideal place for approaches. It's a sushi restaurant. It's possible some unmarried couples might go on a dinner date there.

There are some interesting names on that list in terms of places.

Klyde Warren Park and Katy Trail can be decent daygame spots but every daygamer in Dallas already knows those spots. Both are game saturated. With that said, there aren't many daygamers in general as most men not comfortable starting interactions in a non-bar venue without alcohol.

Northpark Center and Galleria Dallas are malls and malls draw all walks of life. I've daygamed both of those malls over time. I like Northpark better for daygame because it is closer to the areas where more unmarried, childless, and younger people tend to live. If you want to find a boujee White 25-35 year old who is childless, that's more likely in Northpark than Galleria Dallas. Galleria Dallas is likely a better spot for approaching some Hispanic women but I wouldn't call it a hub of Hispanic women.

Galleria Dallas' ice skating rink on the bottom floor can be a decent date night idea if you are able to skate and if you're able to plan it on a night where it won't be overcrowded with families with children.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been to the Rattlesnake Bar at the Ritz Carlton in Dallas. It's not a great pickup spot. When I went once on a Saturday night, I was around 30 and most of that audience is 40+. Over the years, I have also been to a few organized events there, but none in many years. As @BadBoy89 says, only younger women matter and younger women aren't really at that bar. There are some more affluent 40 something women seeking 55+, older rich guys there. It can be entertaining people watching.

I've not been to Lounge 31 either. It's in Highland Park. Highland Park and University Park are richer, generally married. Might be good for people watching, doesn't sounds like an ideal place for approaches. It's a sushi restaurant. It's possible some unmarried couples might go on a dinner date there.

There are some interesting names on that list in terms of places.

Klyde Warren Park and Katy Trail can be decent daygame spots but every daygamer in Dallas already knows those spots. Both are game saturated. With that said, there aren't many daygamers in general as most men not comfortable starting interactions in a non-bar venue without alcohol.

Northpark Center and Galleria Dallas are malls and malls draw all walks of life. I've daygamed both of those malls over time. I like Northpark better for daygame because it is closer to the areas where more unmarried, childless, and younger people tend to live. If you want to find a boujee White 25-35 year old who is childless, that's more likely in Northpark than Galleria Dallas. Galleria Dallas is likely a better spot for approaching some Hispanic women but I wouldn't call it a hub of Hispanic women.

Galleria Dallas' ice skating rink on the bottom floor can be a decent date night idea if you are able to skate and if you're able to plan it on a night where it won't be overcrowded with families with children.
Lounge 31 is more restaurant on one side, and bar/lounge on the other. Lots of men with money and hot, younger women. But also attracts 30-45yo hot women.

I probably go to Rattlesnake at least once a month. They have live music now days. Plenty of 30-45yo females. My buddy and I have got a ton of numbers out of there over the years. In the last few weeks I got a number from a 35yo Asian HB8.5 and a 42yo HB7. The HB8.5 flaked, and I friendzoned the HB7(she is really cool but not hot enough). I've always had good success there.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lounge 31 is more restaurant on one side, and bar/lounge on the other. Lots of men with money and hot, younger women. But also attracts 30-45yo hot women.
I would not have known that. Thanks!

I probably go to Rattlesnake at least once a month. They have live music now days. Plenty of 30-45yo females. My buddy and I have got a ton of numbers out of there over the years. In the last few weeks I got a number from a 35yo Asian HB8.5 and a 42yo HB7. The HB8.5 flaked, and I friendzoned the HB7(she is really cool but not hot enough). I've always had good success there.
I was too young the last time I went to Rattlesnake at the Ritz on a weekend night. I was last there for a weekday happy hour type event about 5-6 years ago. I'm not a big fan of live music as noise levels might make conversation difficult. For instance, Gloria's in Addison on salsa dancing Friday and Saturday nights gets too loud for conversation. I'm probably more age appropriate now for Rattlesnake.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In Dallas, I have noticed something about more attractive than average, bougie/yuppie childless White women and the apartments they select as their place to call home.

More attractive than average, bougie/yuppie childless White women generally prefer to live in apartment complexes constructed in 1990 and beyond. A lot of these women think it is beneath them to live in an apartment from the 1980s or earlier.

These women I describe will go to greater lengths to live in newer complexes. These women will choose a 2 bedroom with a roommate and live in a 1990 or later built complex rather than live alone in an older complex.

I have observed that more average or below average looking women tend to live in the older apartment complexes.

Why do you think this is? I don't think this is a trend that translates to other cities. It happens in Dallas because the Dallas area has experienced a lot of growth since 1990. It would be more difficult for women to act like this in a more established city like New York City, because Manhattan doesn't have that many post-1990 complexes.

I have not noticed this trend with female Dallas area homeowners. My sample size on homeowners is smaller as I have tended to date more apartment renters than women in any other type of housing situation.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

In terms of looks, she's not a top tier Dallas woman as her stomach is a bit flabby.

She's 38 and does not appear to have a husband.

Likely a career oriented woman since she is a marketing executive and lives in a home valued at $1.6 million.

She likely has spent time in some of the bougie/yuppie bars in Dallas.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dallas.....cities you raise a family in, not game in. They are small, full of traditional people, cliquish, and stuck in their old ways in quite some ways. I feel for any man who has to game in [Dallas].....backwards atmosphere.
Parts of this statement are true about the Dallas area and parts of the statement are not true. It is a mediocre mating environment and can be quite a challenge.

I think it is fair assessment to say that the Dallas area has a reputation for being family oriented. The issue is in the details. It's not Dallas itself that is family oriented for most part. It's the suburbs of Dallas that are family oriented. It's mainly the suburbs north of Dallas like Plano, Frisco, McKinney, and Allen that revolve around families, though the close-in bubble suburbs of University Park and Highland Park are family-centric too. All of the suburbs that I mentioned draw in many transplants from other regions of the USA and even internationally. These suburbs are drawing in families, so the married couple met in another city. A couple moving to a suburb of Dallas and raising their family in some suburb of Dallas has almost no impact upon the mating scene in the Dallas area (especially Dallas itself), unless the couple gets divorced at some point.

In certain neighborhoods of Dallas proper, a person can go a decent amount of time without ever seeing a family with school aged children. Many people who live in Dallas end up moving to the suburbs of a family-centric Dallas proper neighborhood once they move in together/marry or have children close to entering kindergarten. This happens because most public schools in Dallas itself are bad. The most common path is to move to the suburbs but a few people choose one of the more family friendly neighborhoods in Dallas (Preston Hollow and Lakewood are examples) and send their children to private schools.

The cliquish-ness in Dallas is a bit overrated and I addressed the topic in the first post of this thread. I would be glad to re-address it here. A lot of transplants are coming to the area. That has weakened social circles and cliquish-ness. Because social circles tend to be weaker, people aren't closed off here. Stranger approaches are usually at least cordial and there isn't any hostility to outsiders, unlike some other areas of the USA. The rootless nature of a lot of transplanted to Dallas adults leads to a lot of app-based dating, which puts men in a more difficult position. The better play is to approach strangers and join in on whatever in-person events that you can attend.

The weak social circles do contribute to Dallas' pretentious reputation. Because a lot of people are meeting strangers, there are no consequences for bad behavior. When there's no attachment, women can be as superficial as they please.

With of all this said, there is some amount of cliquish-ness, and that's more common with the Dallas area natives. Getting into one of the social circles with Dallas natives with strong roots isn't that easy to do. Most transplanted adults to Dallas won't get into those or they will be on the fringes of them. Additionally, a lot of the Dallas natives who go to local high schools, then possibly go to some university within Texas (maybe even Southern Methodist or Texan Christian locally) and then settle in Dallas as adults tend to get married earlier in life, settle into the suburbs, and have children. Some of those people might be your co-workers but you won't be spending your leisure time with them.

Dallas itself isn't very traditional and isn't backwards. Traditionalism is associated with religion. Fewer younger adults are major adherents to a religion in Dallas itself, though religion is bigger in the suburbs. There's one megachurch (non-denominational Christian) in Dallas itself that has a sizable young adult group. The mainline Protestants and Catholics don't seem to be prevalent in younger adults. More of that part of the description would be applicable to Dallas suburbs, the fringes of DFW metro area, or even rural areas outside the metro area.

Dallas itself is a mediocre mating environment for many reasons but not all of the criticisms made in the quote above are applicable.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dallas is not that international of a city.
Quote comes from this post....

Yes and no.

Dallas is not an international tourist destination.

A lot of internationals fly through Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) as DFW is one of the busiest international airports in the world.

A lot of internationals do end up relocating to the Dallas area. For the last 10-20 years, East and South Asian immigrants have been moving to the Collin County suburbs of Plano, Frisco, McKinney, and Allen (mainly Plano-Frisco). These are usually immigrants with families who want decent public school systems. Collin County is about 20% Asian at this point.

Many Hispanic immigrants from Latin America end up in Dallas-Fort Worth, though DFW's Hispanic population has mainly Mexican ancestry.

The Dallas area is so populated that there's an immigrant community from most areas. It may not be a major one, but it is there.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The "Observations on Atlanta's Scene" thread got into a discussion about Atlanta vs. Nashville and the prevalence of bachelorette parties in Nashville's scene. As a result, I thought it would be useful to mention the effect (if any) about bachelorette parties on Dallas' scene.

In my 10+ years of living in Dallas, I have rarely ever seen bachelorette parties out in Dallas. Dallas is not a major destination for out of town bachelorette parties, unlike Las Vegas, Miami, or Nashville. There are bachelorette parties that happen in Dallas. When bachelorette parties happen in Dallas, it is typically a Dallas local woman, her local Dallas friends, and possibly her local Dallas sisters/cousins. It's a larger group, so it's typically a less approachable group and a group less serious about meeting women, as @CornbreadFed and @nicksaiz65 have alluded to in the Atlanta thread. In a better case scenario, getting a phone number could happen and it might turn into something useful for a local Dallas area man trying to arrange dates. If a man can hold the attention of a woman at a bar during a bachelorette party, that's an achievement not only in Dallas but also in other cities as well.

It's quite easy to avoid the presence of bachelorette parties in Dallas. No special precautions need to be taken in order to avoid them.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In Dallas, I have noticed something about more attractive than average, bougie/yuppie childless White women and the apartments they select as their place to call home.

More attractive than average, bougie/yuppie childless White women generally prefer to live in apartment complexes constructed in 1990 and beyond. A lot of these women think it is beneath them to live in an apartment from the 1980s or earlier.

These women I describe will go to greater lengths to live in newer complexes. These women will choose a 2 bedroom with a roommate and live in a 1990 or later built complex rather than live alone in an older complex.

I have observed that more average or below average looking women tend to live in the older apartment complexes.

Why do you think this is? I don't think this is a trend that translates to other cities. It happens in Dallas because the Dallas area has experienced a lot of growth since 1990. It would be more difficult for women to act like this in a more established city like New York City, because Manhattan doesn't have that many post-1990 complexes.

I have not noticed this trend with female Dallas area homeowners. My sample size on homeowners is smaller as I have tended to date more apartment renters than women in any other type of housing situation.
Not to derail the thread

Insteresting I've notived the same thing in Minneapolis. The yuppie women live downtown or Northeast Minneapolis there has been a lot of new contruction in the last 30 years. Another thing I've noticed the women that typically live in the city tend to be more promiscus ala Sex in the city lifestyle

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to derail the thread

Insteresting I've notived the same thing in Minneapolis. The yuppie women live downtown or Northeast Minneapolis there has been a lot of new contruction in the last 30 years. Another thing I've noticed the women that typically live in the city tend to be more promiscus ala Sex in the city lifestyle
That is cool that you've noticed the same thing in Minneapolis.

In Dallas, women who live in the central city neighborhoods tend to be more promiscuous and mimic the "Sex and the City" lifestyle. I dislike bringing up "Sex and the City" anymore because its original airing was from 1998-2004 and is becoming a bit outdated at this point. One of the 4 main characters was a Boomer and the other were early Gen X'ers.

@CornbreadFed mentioned MAA apartments in another thread. MAA is a well known brand in the Sun Belt.

MAA operates 36 different complexes in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Most of them are 1990 or newer construction. Not all MAA complexes are in the central city neighborhoods that tend to have women mimicking the "Sex and the City" lifestyles.

Alongside MAA, other brands offering similar type apartment housing in central city Dallas neighborhoods are Gables, Camden, Lincoln Property Company, and Windsor Communities.