Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Dallas' Scene

Apone

Don Juan
Reaction score
I lived in Dallas from 2015 to 2018. I didn't get it. I'm from the Northeast and have a vibe/edge that didn't click with whatever type of weird perpetual fratboy/sorority culture exists there. Dallas is literally LA without all the good things about LA (beaches, hiking, scenery, weather). It's also hot as **** in the summer, comparable to Vegas/Phoenix.

I lived Downtown and Deep Ellum and Uptown were probably at their peak during that time and that's where I mostly hung out. Logistics was a problem. A lot of girls who partied in Dallas lived in Plano or even further out. Driving an hour or more for dates is insane - very few people I met in any social circle lived in central neighborhoods. Downtown was pretty dead then (and based on your comments, still seems dead), and the few other walkable, urban neighborhoods like Lower Greenville and Bishop Arts didn't seem to have a critical mass of people on the weekends. Maybe that's changed.

I also found people boring af there. Usually 9 to 5 corporate drones using their money to show off a BMW and a nice watch to impress women. Then there are the natives that get married really young (which is fine), but doesn't make for an exciting city for a transplant. Very few people living outside of the lines there..The vibe and personality of the city just didn't work for me and I got the **** out as soon as the opportunity arose.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like the feedback @Apone . You had some good observations and some were relatable to me as someone who was a transplant to Dallas. I arrived in Dallas in my late 20s.

I lived in Dallas from 2015 to 2018. I didn't get it. I'm from the Northeast and have a vibe/edge that didn't click with whatever type of weird perpetual fratboy/sorority culture exists there. Dallas is literally LA without all the good things about LA (beaches, hiking, scenery, weather). It's also hot as **** in the summer, comparable to Vegas/Phoenix.
If there's a critique on Dallas' culture, it is that it is rather cookie cutter. You saw this later in your observation as you didn't think too many people lived outside the lines. I can see how someone who might be a bit edgy from the Northeast wouldn't like Dallas.

I have lived in Phoenix (and also started a thread about Phoenix's scene too). Phoenix and Dallas are both miserable in summer. It really doesn't matter which one is worse. Most people's lifestyle's will be the same trying to get through a summer in either Phoenix or Dallas.

Air conditioning and pool parties are both relevant in both cities.

I lived Downtown and Deep Ellum and Uptown were probably at their peak during that time and that's where I mostly hung out. Logistics was a problem. A lot of girls who partied in Dallas lived in Plano or even further out. Driving an hour or more for dates is insane - very few people I met in any social circle lived in central neighborhoods. Downtown was pretty dead then (and based on your comments, still seems dead), and the few other walkable, urban neighborhoods like Lower Greenville and Bishop Arts didn't seem to have a critical mass of people on the weekends. Maybe that's changed.
I am guessing you did more nightlife venue approaching than daygame approaching based on your feedback. In the 2015-2018 years when I went out, I don't recall meeting a lot of Plano/Frisco people at Dallas nightlife venues. Most Plano/Frisco people are people in families who have no interest in going out in Dallas. How were you meeting Plano/Frisco type people in Downtown/Deep Ellum/Uptown? I could see Uptown as a maybe in that era for drawing in some suburb people. Uptown started to decline around 2016. Since you left in 2018, Uptown has had a lot more shootings.

I have primarily met people in central neighborhoods as I have lived in central neighborhoods. Not sure how that happened to you.

I think you have a good point about Lower Greenville venues on weekends. It was true in 2015-2018 and still true since you left. I think Lower Greenville venues are better for first dates than for actual pickup. I think it is possible to do weekend approaching on Lower Greenville. Things close earlier on Lower Greenville though. Lower Greenville is an area I like in general.

I don't like Bishop Arts.

I don't think Downtown Dallas has changed that much since you left. It's not a great weekend nightlife spot.

Deep Ellum was rising in 2016-2018 as Uptown was falling in 2016-2018. I don't like either too much now.

I also found people boring af there. Usually 9 to 5 corporate drones using their money to show off a BMW and a nice watch to impress women. Then there are the natives that get married really young (which is fine), but doesn't make for an exciting city for a transplant. Very few people living outside of the lines there..The vibe and personality of the city just didn't work for me and I got the **** out as soon as the opportunity arose.
This is mostly spot on. People move to Dallas for corporate jobs. As a result, Dallas does tend to attract corporate drones. Male Dallasites are competing in a tough dating market so they often try to flash cash to impress women. BMWs, Mercedes-Benzes, and Rolexes/other luxury watches are a thing here. That's because social circles are weaker here and people are meeting via swipe app, Instagram, nightlife, co-ed sports leagues, or maybe random daygame.

Women, especially transplanted White women, tend to be rather superficial here. Some of the native women who married earlier and live in the Park Cities/Preston Hollow tend to get breast implants and other cosmetic surgeries in their 30s/early 40s to keep up with the other women in the area and keep their husbands. Some might use their divorce settlement money from a rich beta to get breast implants and cosmetic surgery in their 30s/early 40s to attract a new man.

It's also a good point that the natives tend to get married earlier in life here. As a result, it's difficult for transplanted adults like us to ever break into the social circles of those who grew up in DFW. I've been here for 10+ years and never broken into those social circles.

Last edited:

Apone

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is relocation in the cards @SW15 ? There's a lot to be said for sticking it out and building a community out of nothing, but there's also a time to say it's not working and finding a place that's more transplant-friendly. Some places are great if you grow up there - Knoxville (where I also lived for a short period) is one of those places - but which aren't made for outsiders. Every city has a personality, and if that personality doesn't click with yours, everything you do is like swimming upstream.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is relocation in the cards @SW15 ?
I'm not planning to relocate right now. I have been in Dallas 10+ years. It's the corporate job environment that is a big part of why I've stayed. I rent so I can relocate more easily if needed.

There's a lot to be said for sticking it out and building a community out of nothing, but there's also a time to say it's not working and finding a place that's more transplant-friendly.
I have made friends well in Dallas. While I have made friends and kept many of them for a long time, I've never had a social circle in Dallas capable of introducing me to dates. In order to date in Dallas over the years, I've need to either use technology to arrange dates or approach strangers in-person.

Some places are great if you grow up there - Knoxville (where I also lived for a short period) is one of those places - but which aren't made for outsiders. Every city has a personality, and if that personality doesn't click with yours, everything you do is like swimming upstream.
Agree with this and your assessment of a place like Knoxville. Some cities are not great fits for certain people. I eventually reached that conclusion with Phoenix. Phoenix wasn't a great fit for what I needed in a city.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of girls who partied in Dallas lived in Plano or even further out
it seems like your average Dallas person lives in a suburb and not anywhere near downtown.

Knoxville (where I also lived for a short period) is one of those places - but which aren't made for outsiders.
Knoxville is a complete shvt hole the worst place I have ever lived in my life. It is basically a redneck cult city for a secondary football team that hasn’t been relevant since AOL was popping and they claim to always be back every year.

Finding your ideal city is going to have be finding a city with your vibe that makes you comfortable. TBH, Dallas and Phoenix seem like heavy commuter cities with nothing to do aside from concerts, sports, and drink at Hard Rock Cafe. Most of your women are going to be tied to social circles or crazy dog women. I am sorry, but I just don’t picture a single woman moving to Dallas or Phoenix on her own unless it is for employment or marriage purposes. Single women move to Nashville all of the time to find their purpose and they don’t have the same barriers as a career women or relationship woman would have.

I will make a city women topic soon lol.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it seems like your average Dallas person lives in a suburb and not anywhere near downtown.
The average Dallas area person is a married person with children living in a suburb or suburban-like neighborhood in Dallas city limits. They might also be a divorced person with children in a suburb. The Dallas area is geared a lot towards having children under age 18.

There are a number of Dallas neighborhoods near Downtown Dallas and slightly north of Downtown that have a high concentration of unmarried people and typically unmarried, childless people. I am in one of these neighborhoods and these are yuppie/bougie type Dallas neighborhoods.

South of Downtown Dallas/Interstate 30 are primarily unsafe neighborhoods that are mainly Black and Hispanic. Bishop Arts is one of the few pockets south of Downtown that are passably safe. Bishop Arts is hipster-ish and funky. Kessler Park is a good neighborhood, but mainly marrieds/families. I try to avoid anything south of Interstate 30 in Dallas. Southern suburbs like DeSoto and Duncanville are a bit run down too. Few people consider the areas in Dallas city limits south of Downtown to be single life oriented.

itouchyou

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont mean to derail the thread but how is Houston compared to Dallas? My sister lives there currently. Dallas was very boring to me but Houston seems much more chaotic, ehich makes it interesting atleast

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how is Houston compared to Dallas? My sister lives there currently. Dallas was very boring to me but Houston seems much more chaotic, ehich makes it interesting atleast
I don't know Houston as well as I know Dallas, but I am able to give a general comparison.

Houston women tend to be less superficial and pretentious as compared to Dallas women. A Houston woman will have a generally better attitude. The offset to that is that Houston women aren't quite as good looking.

There are women who have lived in Houston as adults who relocate to Dallas. These women generally have better attitudes compared to the women who have been in Dallas longer. If a man can get a newly relocated to Dallas ex-Houston resident, it's likely to be a better experience from an attitude standpoint. After a few years in Dallas, eventually that ex-Houston resident woman who had a good attitude will eventually get the bad Dallas attitude.

Dallas can seem boring if you're in the wrong neighborhoods.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont mean to derail the thread but how is Houston compared to Dallas? My sister lives there currently. Dallas was very boring to me but Houston seems much more chaotic, ehich makes it interesting atleast
Houston has more diverse range of women and their women aren’t as snobby. The drawback is a lot of Houston women to be on the crazy/nutty side.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People in the Dallas area tend to get more anxious when temperatures plunge below 32 degrees Fahrenheit or 0 degrees Celsius.

What does this mean for the mating environment?

If you have a girlfriend or casual sex partner, she might not want to come over to your place. Her attitude is justifiable. You might not want to go over to her place if it involves driving. Dallas roads can get icy when temperatures fall below 32 degrees Fahrenheit and there is precipitation. This also affects pickup at the bars and non-bar daygame venues tend to thin out in a lot of cases. Grocery stores get a little bit more packed ahead of a cold front, especially a cold front with precipitation in the forecast. However, the women at the stores are less in the mood for conversation ahead of a storm. The grocery stores become like malls in December for Christmas shopping. There are frantic shoppers.

I have 2 links below. The first is a link about this weekend's upcoming cold front. The second is about a December 2013 ice storm. The ice storm hit on the morning of Friday, December 6, 2013. On Wednesday afternoon, December 4, the high temperature was 77 degrees Fahrenheit (25 Celsius). In about 30 hours time, the temperature dropped 45 degrees from the low 70s to the high 20s, which was cold enough for freezing rain (an ice storm). The ice made roads very dangerous and the city essentially shut down for a few days. There were also some bad power outages in that storm. I lost electricity in my apartment in the incident for about 12 hours, so I had no heat either.

The Texas power grid got more attention for failures in a February 2021 cold/snow snap. Read more below.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People freak about snow up in Tennessee and rain storms in Los Angeles. There’s always something wherever you go.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People freak about snow up in Tennessee and rain storms in Los Angeles. .
The Tennessee and Texas freak outs over snow are similar. Tennessee handles cold in general a little bit better than Texas because it is further north and generally colder.

Rain in Los Angeles can be a big deal if it causes mudslides.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brunch became quite a hot trend in Dallas by the time I had arrived in the city in the early 2010s. I've linked a few articles below about it.

In my social circle, before everyone started having children, there were even some brunch get togethers of 8+ people. It was an occasional thing of the childless couples in the group.

Even though I haven't been to brunch in my social circle in many years, it looks like it is still a thing in 2024 in Dallas.

I prefer cooking and eating at home. It is less expensive and I use better quality ingredients.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Venue Review: The Libertine Bar

The Libertine Bar is in Lower Greenville. Lower Greenville is my favorite nightlife area in Dallas at this point, though it hasn't always been.

One of the possible downsides of Lower Greenville is that a lot of venues don't stay open until 2 AM (standard closing time) at all times. The Libertine is only open until 2 AM on Friday and Saturday nights.

The Libertine has an outdoor patio area in front of it. When you enter Libertine, there's a bar to your left and restaurant table seating area to your right.

The indoor bar is quite long and will have spacious seating on most weeknights. It's a good place for hosting a 1st date. That's the best use for it.

It's a bit too laid back and relaxed for pickup, but possible on Friday and Saturday nights. With that said, there are better options for pickup in Lower Greenville those nights.

Drinks are good too.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Venue Review: Parliament

I wish I had been writing this venue review somewhere in the 2014-2019 era instead of 2024.

Parliament arrived to Dallas' Uptown scene in 2014, when Uptown was still thriving. It was eagerly anticipated when it opened (see first 2 links below). It quickly made a positive name for itself. Parliament has always served high quality coccktails and it brought in some of the best of Dallas' bougie population. Its weekday Happy Hour from 5-8 PM has always been reasonably priced. It used to offer a $5 Old Fashioned (now $6). It was always crowded on Friday and Saturday nights.

From 2014-2019, Parliament was the kind of place that was good for pickup later on Friday and Saturdays but yet acceptable for hosting a weeknight date (though not necessarily ideal for it).

Parliament is a small space with limited seating. This forces a lot of people to stand up and move around. Standing is good for socializing and starting approaches.

In 2024, Parliament does all the same things that it did in its 2014-2019. The problem is that Uptown started to change in the late 2010s and brought in less of the bougie element and more of the ghetto element. Prior to late 1990s, Uptown was a ghetto and then it gentrified, become the peak area for young bougie Dallasites from the early 2000s - mid 2010s. The late 2010s represented its return towards being more ghetto. There have been plenty of shootings in Uptown since 2016. In 2020, the Whole Foods in Uptown (opened 2015) was looted and damaged badly during the George Floyd protests. Uptown simply isn't safe anymore. As a result, I recommend Parliament still for its early evening Happy Hour with reasonably priced drinks like the $6 Old Fashioned but don't recommend late nights there anymore due to the changing nature of the neighborhood.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Venue Review: Gloria's Latin Cuisine

Gloria's is a Texas chain of Mexican & Salvadorian food with separate bar areas good enough for hosting an early stage date. A few locations are feasible for approaching/pickup on Friday/Saturday nights. It is well known as a restaurant so you'd need to specify drinks only if you don't want to do a meal date there.

Gloria's has 17 locations around Dallas-Fort Worth, 3 in the Houston area, 1 in Austin, and 1 in San Antonio. I don't think it has any room to grow in DFW anymore, so the future growth of the chain would come from the other Texas big cities.

This is a 4 in 1 venue review as it will cover the 3 locations in Central Dallas neighborhoods plus the one in suburban Addison because that's the best one for initial pickup and approaching. All 4 of these locations are long time locations as the newest of the 4 was opened in 2010. I have been on early stage dates at all 4 and done pickup at the Addison location.

The 2 closest locations to Downtown Dallas are both on a street called Lemmon Avenue. The two Lemmon locations are the best for dates. They are located at the following intersections that are only 1 mile apart and have managed to co-exist.

Lemmon & Cole
Lemmon & Douglas

Lemmon & Douglas existed first and then Lemmon & Cole was added when a mixed use building with 4 floors of residential apartments was opened in 2010. That Gloria's is on the street level and Floors 2-5 of that mid-rise mixed use building are apartment units.

Lemmon & Cole is considered the Uptown location whereas Lemmon & Douglas is just called Lemmon Avenue on the website. The best bit of advice to give when scheduling a date at one of the Gloria's locations off of Lemmon is to specify which one. Without doing so, it's possible to get mixed up on which one to go to.

Parking is a little bit easier at the Lemmon & Douglas location because of an underground garage. That is offset by a cramped bar area with less good ambience. There's a Title Boxing location in the same building complex as the Lemmon & Douglas Gloria's so a male Title Boxing attendee might be persuasive enough to get an instantaneous date after a boxing/kickboxing class at that Gloria's location. This is somewhat improbable though as people will be sweaty after that class and possibly not in the mood for a nearly hour long date post class. In general, most dates at Lemmon & Douglas wouldn't be after a fitness class. It's a serviceable date location but probably better if you're getting a table for casual meal, either as an established couple or meeting a male friend.

Lemmon & Cole has the best ambience so I'd call that the best date venue. Parking can be a little challenging there so I'd recommend an Uber/Lyft there if you don't live within walking distance of it. As mentioned previously. that location is on the bottom level of a 5 story mixed use building with 4 stories of apartments. It's possible that a guy living in the apartments above Gloria's would schedule a date there. Another apartment building is across the street too.

The biggest problem is that Gloria's closes early on weeknights. It closes at 9 PM now. I think the 2 Lemmon locations used to close at 10 PM and Greenville has always closed at 9. That's a consideration when scheduling dates there.

Margaritas are now $12 and domestic/imported beers are $6. It's only open until 9 PM now on weekdays, so you'd want to start a date around 7 PM for sufficient time for completion. At the Lemmon/Cole location, an easy multi-venue date could be starting at Gloria's and then walk 2 block to Uptown Pub for a 2nd drink (more reasonable drink prices there as it is more dive-ish).

The Greenville Avenue location only makes sense for dates if Greenville Avenue happens to be a convenient meeting point based on where you and her live. The Gloria's location is near the border of Lower Greenville and Upper Greenville (discussed in Post #203 -- Mockingbird is the border). Greenville Avenue is most active for the St. Patrick's Day Parade (the Saturday closest to St. Patrick's Day and is covered in Posts #187-189 and Posts #195-206). For the other 364 days of the year, Lower and Upper Greenville are a decent singles scene and I might need to mention that in another post. The Gloria's location on Greenville has difficult parking and not much else near it. It's an ok venue under the right circumstances.

The Greenville Avenue and the Lemmon Avenue locations aren't recommended for initial pickup.

The Addison location works well for initial pickup on Friday and Saturday nights because around 10-10:30 PM, tables are removed and it becomes a salsa music/salsa dancing nightclub with a live band/DJ, starting at 11 PM. From 11 PM - 2 AM, it's a typical loud nightclub environment. It brings in a good Hispanic/Latina crowd and it's likely one of the best places to meet classier, non-ghetto Latinas. If you can salsa dance and are into classier Latinas, that's a great option for you. For White males looking to meet Hispanic/Latina women at salsa nights at Gloria's Addison, I recommend salsa dancing ability at a reasonably high level + Spanish language proficiency at a higher level (closer to fluency). Gloria's Addison gets real noisy inside with the band/music so moving women from indoors to outdoors is needed to have an actual conversation.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Venue Review: Gloria's Latin Cuisine

Gloria's is a Texas chain of Mexican & Salvadorian food with separate bar areas good enough for hosting an early stage date. A few locations are feasible for approaching/pickup on Friday/Saturday nights. It is well known as a restaurant so you'd need to specify drinks only if you don't want to do a meal date there.

Gloria's has 17 locations around Dallas-Fort Worth, 3 in the Houston area, 1 in Austin, and 1 in San Antonio. I don't think it has any room to grow in DFW anymore, so the future growth of the chain would come from the other Texas big cities.

This is a 4 in 1 venue review as it will cover the 3 locations in Central Dallas neighborhoods plus the one in suburban Addison because that's the best one for initial pickup and approaching. All 4 of these locations are long time locations as the newest of the 4 was opened in 2010. I have been on early stage dates at all 4 and done pickup at the Addison location.

The 2 closest locations to Downtown Dallas are both on a street called Lemmon Avenue. The two Lemmon locations are the best for dates. They are located at the following intersections that are only 1 mile apart and have managed to co-exist.

Lemmon & Cole
Lemmon & Douglas

Lemmon & Douglas existed first and then Lemmon & Cole was added when a mixed use building with 4 floors of residential apartments was opened in 2010. That Gloria's is on the street level and Floors 2-5 of that mid-rise mixed use building are apartment units.

Lemmon & Cole is considered the Uptown location whereas Lemmon & Douglas is just called Lemmon Avenue on the website. The best bit of advice to give when scheduling a date at one of the Gloria's locations off of Lemmon is to specify which one. Without doing so, it's possible to get mixed up on which one to go to.

Parking is a little bit easier at the Lemmon & Douglas location because of an underground garage. That is offset by a cramped bar area with less good ambience. There's a Title Boxing location in the same building complex as the Lemmon & Douglas Gloria's so a male Title Boxing attendee might be persuasive enough to get an instantaneous date after a boxing/kickboxing class at that Gloria's location. This is somewhat improbable though as people will be sweaty after that class and possibly not in the mood for a nearly hour long date post class. In general, most dates at Lemmon & Douglas wouldn't be after a fitness class. It's a serviceable date location but probably better if you're getting a table for casual meal, either as an established couple or meeting a male friend.

Lemmon & Cole has the best ambience so I'd call that the best date venue. Parking can be a little challenging there so I'd recommend an Uber/Lyft there if you don't live within walking distance of it. As mentioned previously. that location is on the bottom level of a 5 story mixed use building with 4 stories of apartments. It's possible that a guy living in the apartments above Gloria's would schedule a date there. Another apartment building is across the street too.

The biggest problem is that Gloria's closes early on weeknights. It closes at 9 PM now. I think the 2 Lemmon locations used to close at 10 PM and Greenville has always closed at 9. That's a consideration when scheduling dates there.

Margaritas are now $12 and domestic/imported beers are $6. It's only open until 9 PM now on weekdays, so you'd want to start a date around 7 PM for sufficient time for completion. At the Lemmon/Cole location, an easy multi-venue date could be starting at Gloria's and then walk 2 block to Uptown Pub for a 2nd drink (more reasonable drink prices there as it is more dive-ish).

The Greenville Avenue location only makes sense for dates if Greenville Avenue happens to be a convenient meeting point based on where you and her live. The Gloria's location is near the border of Lower Greenville and Upper Greenville (discussed in Post #203 -- Mockingbird is the border). Greenville Avenue is most active for the St. Patrick's Day Parade (the Saturday closest to St. Patrick's Day and is covered in Posts #187-189 and Posts #195-206). For the other 364 days of the year, Lower and Upper Greenville are a decent singles scene and I might need to mention that in another post. The Gloria's location on Greenville has difficult parking and not much else near it. It's an ok venue under the right circumstances.

The Greenville Avenue and the Lemmon Avenue locations aren't recommended for initial pickup.

The Addison location works well for initial pickup on Friday and Saturday nights because around 10-10:30 PM, tables are removed and it becomes a salsa music/salsa dancing nightclub with a live band/DJ, starting at 11 PM. From 11 PM - 2 AM, it's a typical loud nightclub environment. It brings in a good Hispanic/Latina crowd and it's likely one of the best places to meet classier, non-ghetto Latinas. If you can salsa dance and are into classier Latinas, that's a great option for you. For White males looking to meet Hispanic/Latina women at salsa nights at Gloria's Addison, I recommend salsa dancing ability at a reasonably high level + Spanish language proficiency at a higher level (closer to fluency). Gloria's Addison gets real noisy inside with the band/music so moving women from indoors to outdoors is needed to have an actual conversation.

A good friend of mine was a regular at Gloria's in Addison during Salsa dancing 5-10yrs back. He was successful with those girls and they were just like you said...classier, non-ghetto latina's. He was a white guy that knew Spanish.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A good friend of mine was a regular at Gloria's in Addison during Salsa dancing 5-10yrs back. He was successful with those girls and they were just like you said...classier, non-ghetto latina's. He was a white guy that knew Spanish.
Gloria's in Addison is the best way for a White male or even a Hispanic male without a good social circle to meet classier, non-ghetto Hispanic/Latina women. It's a real convenience to know there's a decent place to meet non-ghetto Hispanic women.

In going to Gloria's in Addison, the types of Hispanic women there are women who don't have a lot of tattoos or baby daddies. Many of them are going to be English/Spanish bilingual. Most will have either bachelor's degrees or a good trade certification (medical assistant, dental hygienist, paralegal types).

At Gloria's, Hispanic guys are going to have an easier time with the Hispanic women. For the White guys who want to pursue Hispanic women, I recommend both above average salsa dancing skills and strong Spanish language skills. The White man should be Spanish fluent or near fluent. Your friend at least at the Spanish language skills going for him.

Some of the other places in Dallas to pursue Hispanic women can be sketchy or ghetto. Escapade 2001 and Escapade 2009 are 2 nightclubs near Interstate 35 and Northwest Highway with a lot of Hispanic women. This is a sketchy area near Harry Hines Boulevard, a magnet of seedy motels and crime. It's not very safe. There's always the daygame option of approaching Hispanic women in various Fiesta Mart or El Rancho Supermercado locations. Some of those locations are sketchy even during the day. White guys are going to need to be Spanish fluent for daygame in those grocery stores.

Having Gloria's as an alternative to that is great.

Dallas and Phoenix seem like heavy commuter cities with nothing to do aside from concerts, sports, and drink at Hard Rock Café. Most of your women are going to be tied to social circles or crazy dog women. I am sorry, but I just don’t picture a single woman moving to Dallas or Phoenix on her own unless it is for employment or marriage purposes.
In Dallas, there are people who fall into the pattern of being commuters who go to national chain bars/restaurants, spectator sports, and concerts at the 2 biggest venues in the region (American Airlines Center or at The Pavilion in Fair Park).

A lot of those people I described don't live near Downtown Dallas in the centrally-located, singles dense neighborhoods. Those are often people living north of Interstate 635 going towards Plano and Frisco. However, there are NPC's like that in the centrally-located, singles dense neighborhoods.

If a woman moves to Dallas as an unattached woman between ages 22-35, she's often moving to Dallas for employment purposes. Dallas has a base of good, white collar type corporate employment.

There are plenty of transplanted women in Dallas who moved here for a job and also own 1-2 dogs. They can commonly be found on the Big 3 swipe apps (Tinder, Bumble, and Hinge) and some bougie places in centrally-located neighborhoods.

In general, social circles are weaker in Dallas because Dallas is very transplant heavy. Some social circles of mainly transplants do form in Dallas but they are weaker than social circles of mainly local area natives. I covered social circles in Post #1 in this thread and will put a quote from Post #1 down below.

Because there are so many transplants, social circles here are weaker. That has consequences.

Because social circles tend to be weaker, people aren't closed off here. Stranger approaches are usually at least cordial and there isn't any hostility to outsiders, unlike some other areas of the USA. The rootless nature of a lot of transplanted to Dallas adults leads to a lot of app-based dating, which puts men in a more difficult position. The better play is to approach strangers and join in on whatever in-person events that you can attend.

The weak social circles do contribute to Dallas' pretentious reputation. Because a lot of people are meeting strangers, there are no consequences for bad behavior. When there's no attachment, women can be as superficial as they please.

Getting into one of the social circles with Dallas natives with strong roots isn't that easy to do. It's a lot like getting into a top fraternity at a university. Most transplanted adults to Dallas won't get into those or they will be on the fringes of them.

There are a lot of apartments in Dallas with transplants in their 20s and 30s so that'll help with finding friends. They probably won't help you with finding dates though if you're pleasant to women in your building/complex, they might introduce you to their friends/acquaintances who don't live in the same building/complex.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A shame. I had my taste of hispanics, but Im not really fond of them. Otherwise, I would be eating good here in Dallas.