Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations on Dallas' Scene

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't update this thread during October 2022 so I missed highlighting a key annual event every October in Dallas.

The Saturday on every Columbus Day weekend in Dallas is a big deal. It's the second Saturday during the State Fair of Texas. It's also when the annual football game between the University of Texas and the University of Oklahoma occurs. The University of Texas is located in Austin, TX (about 3 hours driving from Dallas) and the University of Oklahoma is located in Norman, OK (suburb of Oklahoma City, about 3 hours driving from Dallas) The University of Texas and University of Oklahoma have played their annual football game in the neutral, equidistant territory of Dallas at the Cotton Bowl on the Texas State Fairgrounds for the better part of 100 years. For more information, read the Wikipedia link about it below....

@Jesse Pinkman has pointed out that major collegiate and professional sports events have a way of messing up the vibe of cities/venues and serving as cocckblocks.

During the Red River Showdown weekend, the vibe in Dallas gets ruined by the throngs of University of Texas and University of Oklahoma football fans, many of whom come to Dallas from either Austin or Oklahoma City. In addition, all of the local area Texas and Oklahoma alumni get into the whole thing. The game typically starts at 11 AM on Saturday, so the Friday night before the game and the Saturday afternoon/night after the game are a gigantic mess in Dallas. Traffic is much worse in a lot of areas of Dallas, especially closer to Downtown Dallas. It gets more difficult to find parking close to venues in key nightlife areas of Dallas, such as Knox-Henderson, Lower Greenville, and Deep Ellum. Those areas aren't easy for parking even on typical Fridays and Saturdays, let alone the Red River Showdown weekend.

Even daygaming outdoors on the Saturday of the Red River Showdown game can be difficult. All the best outdoor daygaming venues are near Downtown Dallas and are either affected by a bad parking situation or football fans so focused on gameday that they aren't willing to engage in a 5 minute conversation that could lead to a date being offered. Indoor daygaming at a mall is a decent possibility that Saturday as the major malls in Dallas are far enough away from the Cotton Bowl and Downtown Dallas. Some grocery stores can even work that Saturday.

By Sunday (the day after the game), most of Dallas has gotten back to normal.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Red River Showdown weekend is now here with tomorrow's big college football game starting at 11 AM. I would prefer it if this game was not played in Dallas. This game needs to alternate between Norman, OK and Austin, TX, the home cities of the 2 universities.

College and professional sports have a way of ruining the vibes. Dallas will be overcrowded with a bunch of buffoon sports team supporters this weekend.

Play sports, don't watch them.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since we are in the midst of cuffing season, I thought I'd share my observations of cuffing season in Dallas. After this post, my next post is likely to cover Halloween in Dallas. I didn't cover that last year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cuffing season is a bit mild in Dallas. Dallas weather in October is some of the best weather during the entire year. A typical daytime high temperature in Dallas in October is 75-80 degrees Fahrenheit (24-27 Celsius). This is refreshing coming off of the summer months, where 95-104 degrees Fahrenheit (34-40 degrees Celsius) is a common high temperature range.

A lot of 20s-early 40s Dallas women are transplants who grew up in other areas, often areas that are outside of reasonable driving distance. These 20s-early 40s Dallas women can't easily bring home a man to meet their families in areas like Wisconsin or Pennsylvania. These women might cuff for their own purposes during the winter, but a cuffing season boyfriend isn't going to help them much for the family visits in places over 1,000 miles away (1,609+ kilometers). That fact does reduce their motivation to cuff a beta male. Many of these women with families over 1,000 miles away don't have strong ties to the Dallas area and likely don't have good enough local social circles to get a beta just to cuff for 3-5 months.

The story is a little bit different if you are a 20s-early 40s Dallas woman with roots in any of the following areas....
  • Austin and its outlying suburbs
  • Houston and its outlying suburbs
  • San Antonio and its outlying suburbs
  • Oklahoma City and its outlying suburbs
  • Any smaller Texas town within a 3-4 hour drive of Dallas
  • Local Dallas-Fort Worth area roots
These women would be more inclined to cuff because they can bring home betas to the family because the family is within 3-4 hours driving. Some of these women have social circles, some do not. The women from the first 5 bullet points are less likely to have strong social ties in this area, whereas women who grew up in Dallas-Fort Worth typically have stronger social ties in this area and can pull a beta from their social orbit.

In Dallas, very few women who grew up in this area ever use the swipe apps to find dates. They can usually find dates through their social circles since they have strong social ties. At worst, these women will resort to nightlife venues or possibly a co-ed sports league.

The more typical Dallas woman dating online had a nomadic childhood and/or early adulthood before moving to Dallas. She might also have been a regional area woman (Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, or small town Texas). The long distance transplants (1,000+ miles) are also common. The women I just described are also the women that a man is also most likely to randomly approach at either nightlife venues or in standard daygame venues.

During the absolute dead zone of finding new prospects to date (November 15-January 1), women with local Dallas-Fort Worth area roots are the best women to date. Family visits are not going to get in the way of seeing them, unlike the women with regional roots who have to travel to see family or women with roots 1,000+ miles away. Those women don't have as much availability to show up on dates during the first few weeks of a relationship due to holiday obligations. Scheduling with them is a nightmare and not worth doing, so it's better to wait until January 2 when the holiday stuff has died down. I have daygamed outdoors the day before and Fri-Sun after Thanksgiving and gotten dates with some of these women with local roots.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't posted on this thread in a while. I'm going to profile some Dallas area venues in detail over time on this thread. I'm going to start with a nightlife venue called Happiest Hour here. The website is below and I made a quote about it earlier on this thread in January 2023. I visited once in 2023 after making that quote.

The Dallas Mavericks (pro basketball team) and Dallas Stars (pro hockey team) play at American Airlines Center

There's a bar that's about a 5 minute walk from American Airlines Center. When the Mavericks or Stars have a home game, this bar draws in a decent crowd after the game. Additionally, the bar does well when there are concerts at American Airlines Center. Between the Mavericks, the Stars, and concerts, there are typically enough events for this bar to almost always do well. I've also seen it do well on nights with no events at American Airlines Center. I've been there to do pickup (all pre-pandemic). It's a solid place but can be pretentious as many places are in Dallas.
Happiest Hour describes itself as Dallas' premier entertainment destination in the "About Us" section of its website. While that might be a bit of an exaggeration, it does have a strong reputation within Dallas. The bar opened in 2015 during a time when the Uptown neighborhood was still considered the top nightlife area of Dallas. Happiest Hour is located in an area known as Victory Park, which is on the edge of Uptown.

Near Happiest Hour, the Uptown neighborhood declined in the mid to late 2010s era as I've mentioned on this thread before. Happiest Hour has stayed strong despite the decline in the Uptown neighborhood in the mid to late 2010s and a global pandemic in the early 2020s.

Happiest Hour is known as the place to go after a Mavericks game, Stars game, or concert at American Airlines Center. However, the bar does plenty well if there's not a game or concert going on. Mavericks games, Stars games, and concerts all typically let out around 10:30 PM - 11 PM so it can sometimes take a little while for the place to get going.

During the daytime, there's a downstairs area with some tables for dining, a downstairs bar, and a downstairs outdoor patio. Prior to about 8-9 PM most days, Happiest Hour could be considered more of a restaurant and a dining option. I've never had the food at Happiest Hour but I'd guess it is good enough. At the prices they charge for food, the food better be good. Later into the night, the downstairs bar area can be decent for approaches but is usually not where the action is at any time. The outdoor downstairs patio has a mixture of some room for standing and talking to people and usually a longer table good for larger groups of friends. It's possible to do approaches there but still not the best place. However, it is a better outdoor patio than the Katy Trail Ice House, a venue with all long tables outside. The long tables at Katy Trail Ice House are good for friends socializing but not meeting new people. I will review that venue at some point.

The upstairs area is usually where the action is at Happiest Hour. Upstairs at Happiest Hour is an indoor/outdoor bar and a rooftop patio. For a good portion of the year (think mid-May to mid-October), the upstairs, rooftop patio is not pleasant while the sun is out. Even summer nights after dark can be a bit unpleasant on the rooftop patio but there are misting devices that do cool it down a little bit up there during the warmer months. I wouldn't recommend Happiest Hour's rooftop patio during the day in the warmer months, but it is can be okay during daylight in the cooler months. If the outdoor temperature is at least 60 degrees during the night time hours, the upstairs bar can draw a bit of a crowd and provide opportunities for approaching.

Now, you might be wondering what the crowd of people is like at Happiest Hour. It depends. Happiest Hour does draw in some people wearing Mavericks and Stars jerseys after games, but those people tend to congregate downstairs. Upstairs at Happiest Hour draws in more of an upscale crowd in more trendy attire. A lot of people upstairs at Happiest Hour are looking to see others and be seen. There's some desire for people to socialize up there and there is a bit of a douchebag element and pretentious elements on the upstairs patio at Happiest Hour.

Should You Go to Happiest Hour?

If you are a Dallas resident and a 90th percentile + guy, you have a fighting chance of success upstairs at Happiest Hour. Women are definitely seeking out that 90th percentile + guy upstairs at Happiest Hour. It's a lot like a real life version of Tinder, Bumble, or Hinge, with similar male-female ratios as a Bumble or Hinge (65% male). Because men tend to outnumber women at Happiest Hour both upstairs and downstairs, it can be a tough environment. Typical Dallas female pretentiousness upstairs makes it more difficult. No matter whether you are in the 65th percentile or 95th percentile, you're going to need to bring your A game in terms of charisma and personality to Happiest Hours. Looks and money will get you further at Happiest Hour upstairs than charisma/personality, especially money as drinks tend to be $10-$15+ per drink at Happiest Hour. However, it's possible to only get one drink all night, approach women, and not have an expensive night, especially if you drove yourself there (assuming you don't live within walking distance) or walked there (if you do live within walking distance). If you live within walking distance of Happiest Hour, you're paying $2,000+ per month for a one bedroom apartment and you might be able to afford more than one drink at Happiest Hour.

For guys still learning seduction, the learning curve is steep at Happiest Hour and I would recommend other nightlife venues before I would recommend Happiest Hour.

For men that do approaches at non-bar venues, a daygame session at a good daygame location in Dallas will be as fruitful, if not more fruitful than a night time visit to Happiest Hour. The only advantage of Happiest Hour would be the greater possibility of same night sex. Same day sex is quite rare in daygame.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't posted on this thread in a while. I'm going to profile some Dallas area venues in detail over time on this thread. I'm going to start with a nightlife venue called Happiest Hour here. The website is below and I made a quote about it earlier on this thread in January 2023. I visited once in 2023 after making that quote.

Happiest Hour describes itself as Dallas' premier entertainment destination in the "About Us" section of its website. While that might be a bit of an exaggeration, it does have a strong reputation within Dallas. The bar opened in 2015 during a time when the Uptown neighborhood was still considered the top nightlife area of Dallas. Happiest Hour is located in an area known as Victory Park, which is on the edge of Uptown.

Near Happiest Hour, the Uptown neighborhood declined in the mid to late 2010s era as I've mentioned on this thread before. Happiest Hour has stayed strong despite the decline in the Uptown neighborhood in the mid to late 2010s and a global pandemic in the early 2020s.

Happiest Hour is known as the place to go after a Mavericks game, Stars game, or concert at American Airlines Center. However, the bar does plenty well if there's not a game or concert going on. Mavericks games, Stars games, and concerts all typically let out around 10:30 PM - 11 PM so it can sometimes take a little while for the place to get going.

During the daytime, there's a downstairs area with some tables for dining, a downstairs bar, and a downstairs outdoor patio. Prior to about 8-9 PM most days, Happiest Hour could be considered more of a restaurant and a dining option. I've never had the food at Happiest Hour but I'd guess it is good enough. At the prices they charge for food, the food better be good. Later into the night, the downstairs bar area can be decent for approaches but is usually not where the action is at any time. The outdoor downstairs patio has a mixture of some room for standing and talking to people and usually a longer table good for larger groups of friends. It's possible to do approaches there but still not the best place. However, it is a better outdoor patio than the Katy Trail Ice House, a venue with all long tables outside. The long tables at Katy Trail Ice House are good for friends socializing but not meeting new people. I will review that venue at some point.

The upstairs area is usually where the action is at Happiest Hour. Upstairs at Happiest Hour is an indoor/outdoor bar and a rooftop patio. For a good portion of the year (think mid-May to mid-October), the upstairs, rooftop patio is not pleasant while the sun is out. Even summer nights after dark can be a bit unpleasant on the rooftop patio but there are misting devices that do cool it down a little bit up there during the warmer months. I wouldn't recommend Happiest Hour's rooftop patio during the day in the warmer months, but it is can be okay during daylight in the cooler months. If the outdoor temperature is at least 60 degrees during the night time hours, the upstairs bar can draw a bit of a crowd and provide opportunities for approaching.

Now, you might be wondering what the crowd of people is like at Happiest Hour. It depends. Happiest Hour does draw in some people wearing Mavericks and Stars jerseys after games, but those people tend to congregate downstairs. Upstairs at Happiest Hour draws in more of an upscale crowd in more trendy attire. A lot of people upstairs at Happiest Hour are looking to see others and be seen. There's some desire for people to socialize up there and there is a bit of a douchebag element and pretentious elements on the upstairs patio at Happiest Hour.

Should You Go to Happiest Hour?

If you are a Dallas resident and a 90th percentile + guy, you have a fighting chance of success upstairs at Happiest Hour. Women are definitely seeking out that 90th percentile + guy upstairs at Happiest Hour. It's a lot like a real life version of Tinder, Bumble, or Hinge, with similar male-female ratios as a Bumble or Hinge (65% male). Because men tend to outnumber women at Happiest Hour both upstairs and downstairs, it can be a tough environment. Typical Dallas female pretentiousness upstairs makes it more difficult. No matter whether you are in the 65th percentile or 95th percentile, you're going to need to bring your A game in terms of charisma and personality to Happiest Hours. Looks and money will get you further at Happiest Hour upstairs than charisma/personality, especially money as drinks tend to be $10-$15+ per drink at Happiest Hour. However, it's possible to only get one drink all night, approach women, and not have an expensive night, especially if you drove yourself there (assuming you don't live within walking distance) or walked there (if you do live within walking distance). If you live within walking distance of Happiest Hour, you're paying $2,000+ per month for a one bedroom apartment and you might be able to afford more than one drink at Happiest Hour.

For guys still learning seduction, the learning curve is steep at Happiest Hour and I would recommend other nightlife venues before I would recommend Happiest Hour.

For men that do approaches at non-bar venues, a daygame session at a good daygame location in Dallas will be as fruitful, if not more fruitful than a night time visit to Happiest Hour. The only advantage of Happiest Hour would be the greater possibility of same night sex. Same day sex is quite rare in daygame.
I remember going to a "happy hour" a few times. MOG City. :mad:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember going to a "happy hour" a few times. MOG City. :mad:
Was this a happy hour in Dallas? It does not sound that it was.

In general, weeknight happy hours at bars are less competitive mating environments than late night Friday and Saturday nights at bars.

The energy is a little bit more subdued on a weeknight during the typical 5-8 PM type happy hour time frame. Women are a little bit more friendly and biatch shields are a little lower during the weeknight happy hours as compared to prime time on Friday nights and Saturday nights.

Starting around 7-8 PM on a weeknight is when a lot of swipe app daters bring in their early stage dates to bars. That can change the energy of a venue.

I'd rather try to develop a sexual option at a weeknight happy hour than late night Friday/Saturday night because of the lower competition. Weeknight happy hour interactions are also more likely to turn into actual dates whereas late night Friday/Saturday night is mostly an attempt for same night sex with very low probability of anything longer term. Later night weekdays at nightlife venues could be either same night sex or something longer term.

On Friday or Saturday nights at bars, so many beta males come out and tries to get their penises wet. The women know that they are going to be approached (mainly by less desirable betas) so they raise their biatch shields to limit the number of beta interactions they have. This puts a damper on the energy of every nightlife venue out there.

On a Sunday-Thursday night at 10:30 PM, there are fewer venue out there but the ones out there are more serious about meeting men. Thursday is the most active of those nights as some people will party more on a Thursday night if they are able to have a more relaxed day at work on Friday. Friday and Saturday nights are when the most amount of people try to go out. It brings out the worst crowds. Too many attention whorres on the female side and too many beta males with bad game on the male side.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Venue Review: Katy Trail Ice House and Katy Trail Ice House Outpost

Katy Trail Ice House

This post will mainly focus on the Katy Trail Ice House, which I mentioned above in the review of Happiest Hour.

The Katy Trail Ice House describes itself as an Austin style beer garden in Dallas. The phrase "Austin style" should be a warning that it will stink. Austin is the worst mating environment in all of Texas. Austin is an SJW/feminist hotbed and that has ruined the environment there.

The Katy Trail Ice House was a near instant success when it opened in March 2011. The Katy Trail runs through Uptown Dallas and Uptown was near its peak as a yuppie urban neighborhood in 2011. Even though the Katy Trail Ice House has done well as a business for 12+ years, that does not mean that it is a good place to attract and seduce women.

The biggest problem with the Katy Trail Ice House is its design. The majority of the square footage of the place is located in its outdoor patio area with long tables. The outdoor patio area is supposed to look awesome to passers by of the nearby Katy Trail, which is Dallas' most popular walking/jogging path. The Katy Trail Ice House is located right alongside the Katy Trail.

The outdoor patio area might be more awesome if it weren't just a bunch of long tables. The long tables are good for large social groups but quite bad for new people mingling. On the outdoor patio area, mostly everyone keeps to themselves with their pre-existing social group. The Katy Trail Ice House might facilitate a social circle introduction on the patio on a nice weather day or evening.

There is an indoor area at The Katy Trail Ice House. It is also mainly longer tables with mostly people sitting. Very little mingling between groups indoors as well. There's not much standing room either for walking around and talking.

While The Katy Trail Ice House is mostly known for beer, it is possible to get other drinks there. They serve liquor-based mixed drinks and wine too.

Food is served too. It's not very sexual food. It is Texas barbecue, big sandwiches, and hamburgers/cheeseburgers. There are salads too.

The Katy Trail Ice House is mostly known for a decent night out with your existing social group. It's not a place for serious seducers.

Katy Trail Ice House Outpost

Based on the initial success of The Katy Trail Ice House in Dallas, the ownership group decided to put a 2nd Ice House location in the suburbs. While the original Ice House opened in 2011, the suburban location in Plano opened in 2013. I am amazed the suburban location has lasted 10+ years.

Initially, the suburban location brought in surburbanites that wanted to have a "cool Dallas experience" without actually going into Dallas. In Plano, there is no Katy Trail beside the Katy Trail Ice House. It is randomly plopped in some suburban strip mall location.

It does try to mimic the Dallas location with an outdoor patio. The indoor area is somewhat similar to Dallas. The long tables are present there too.

Now that the Outpost location has been open for a while, some of the people who used to spend time at the Dallas location 5-10 years ago now go to the Outpost location now they are married and possibly have children. Perhaps they hire a babysitter and get away there for a bit. It's a common thing for people in Dallas who form LTRs in Dallas to move to the north of Dallas suburbs (Plano, Frisco, McKinney, and Allen) either after moving in together as an unmarried couple, getting married and living together, or soon after their first child is born.

The Outpost crowd is a combination of married couples on date nights, social groups of mainly married people, and some divorced people looking for rebound sex/a new relationship. There's likely an occasional cougar out there looking for a younger guy or some single guy looking to have sex with a married couple.

It's generally a worse crowd than Dallas because it is located in a family-centric suburb.

There isn't much of a reason to go.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The outdoor patio area might be more awesome if it weren't just a bunch of long tables. The long tables are good for large social groups but quite bad for new people mingling.

There is an indoor area at The Katy Trail Ice House. It is also mainly longer tables with mostly people sitting. Very little mingling between groups indoors as well. There's not much standing room either for walking around and talking.
Yes, long beer-hall tables are terrible for pickup; they are only good for beer-bellied men to drink at.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was this a happy hour in Dallas? It does not sound that it was.

In general, weeknight happy hours at bars are less competitive mating environments than late night Friday and Saturday nights at bars.

The energy is a little bit more subdued on a weeknight during the typical 5-8 PM type happy hour time frame. Women are a little bit more friendly and biatch shields are a little lower during the weeknight happy hours as compared to prime time on Friday nights and Saturday nights.
No, it was not Dallas. The absolute worst was one place I popped into in Orange County, CA; I was the only one there that wasn't 6'2", and I think the folks there thought I was a Mexican working there. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I will agree to some extent about the biatch shields not being as strong; of course, this is probably due to the fact that a happy-hour tends to have older chicks.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, it was not Dallas. The absolute worst was one place I popped into in Orange County, CA; I was the only one there that wasn't 6'2", and I think the folks there thought I was a Mexican working there. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I will agree to some extent about the biatch shields not being as strong; of course, this is probably due to the fact that a happy-hour tends to have older chicks.
What would be your definition of older chicks? 27-39?

Yes, long beer-hall tables are terrible for pickup; they are only good for beer-bellied men to drink at.
When I have discussed the long tables at the Katy Trail Ice House with any male in Dallas who is at least somewhat game aware, they acknowledge that my point of view on it has merit.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of 40-something cougars too.
In the times that I have gone to happy hours in Dallas, I have rarely ever seen women 40+. When I have gone to happy hours, I have tended to go to happy hours that have typically featured a mid-20s to mid-30s crowd.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Venue Review: Katy Trail

Last time, I did venue reviews, I reviewed the Katy Trail Ice House, alongside the Katy Trail. Today, I'll cover The Katy Trail, which is Dallas' most popular walking/jogging path.

Because it is Dallas' most popular walking/jogging path, it is the #1 spot in Dallas for doing non-bar approaches. It is a daygame saturated spot. Every daygame guy in Dallas goes out to the Katy Trail to do approaches.

It is a long trail that is multiple miles long. Some parts of the trail are better for daygame than others. I've tried to focus my efforts on those parts of the trail.

There are some natural stopping points along the trail which are good for stopping women. That's where I make approaches. I focus on making good eye contact and getting receptive body language, which is not easy to do. Additionally, the vast majority of women on the Katy wear earbuds/headphones to actively discourage approaching. That's a real obstacle.

You will look like an azz clown if you do approaches on the trail like these 2-3 approaches on the Katy that I have linked below. Both are from the same video, I've linked at certain points to make it easier for you the viewer. My best advice for approaching on the Katy Trail is to make it look more natural than this. If you use those naturally occurring stopping points like I do for making approaches, it won't look as awkward and might be a little bit more successful.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Venue Review: White Rock Lake Trail

Alongside The Katy Trail, White Rock Lake Trail is the 2nd viable walking/jogging path in Dallas that is viable for approaching. White Rock has enough foot traffic to be viable.

When a man daygames both Katy and White Rock, he quickly notices that Katy Trail has far more attractive women on it than White Rock. This is because Katy is closer to Downtown and Uptown Dallas with plenty of 20s/30s unmarried women as residents. While White Rock Lake is still centrally located within Dallas, there are fewer unmarried, younger women out at White Rock because White Rok is further away from a lot of apartments with unmarried people. There are some apartments with unmarrieds near White Rock, but there are fewer apartment units closer to White Rock. Most housing near White Rock is single family housing which is usually owned by married couples.

White Rock Lake Trail is a circular 9.6 mile trail around a lake. There are some scenic views around White Rock Lake and the natural scenery is nicer than what you'd see at the Katy. However, there are more early 30s-early 50s women around White Rock Lake who are likely coupled/married.

At both White Rock and Katy, the majority of women will be wearing earbuds/headphones to discourage approaches.

It's more difficult to find some good spots for picking off women for natural looking approaches along the trail, but they exist.

It is possible to get some women from Southern Methodist University (SMU) in groups at White Rock. I've seen it before.

The primary reason to go to White Rock Lake to approach is to find a trail that is less saturated with other daygamers than Katy. The tradeoff for avoiding other daygamers is that there are fewer targets to approach.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Parking in Dallas

@CornbreadFed gave me the idea to do this post.

Dallas is a car-centric metropolitan area. Dallas has some public transportation in the form of buses (most Dallas residents don't use them) and a light rail system, but most people don't tend to use them.

The areas nearer to Downtown Dallas rarely offer much parking. This is true of venues in Downtown, Deep Ellum, Uptown, Knox-Henderson, and Lower Greenville. It's worst on Friday and Saturday nights. In Knox-Henderson and Lower Greenville, there are times where you can park in the nearby residential neighborhoods and walk to the bars. Using Uber/Lyft is generally a better idea if you are meeting someone for a date in Lower Greenville or Knox-Henderson. Lower Greenville venues are generally better for first dates than for nightlife approaches. It's still possible to do approaches in certain places in Lower Greenville.

Most venues in Dallas city limits north of Interstate 635 will have good enough parking. One of the exceptions to this is scheduling an ice skating date at Galleria Dallas. Galleria Dallas is a large mall in Dallas just north of Interstate 635. It has an ice rink in it and an ice skating date could be a decent date. It has to be done at the right time. Perhaps I will cover this in a Galleria Dallas venue review later.

The north of Dallas suburbs (also north of Interstate 635) have good parking. Shops of Legacy and Legacy West are commercialized centers in Plano with some acceptable date spots. There are also a couple of places in Addison that are good for dates and have good parking. I tend to do most of my dates in Dallas city limits in the neighborhoods nearer to Downtown Dallas though as I live in those neighborhoods as do most of the women I tend to date. The neighborhoods nearer to Downtown Dallas have higher concentrations of unmarried and childless people, so there are more dates that tend to be scheduled at venues with subpar parking.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From this post....

I go to Dallas once a year to visit my aunts - 2012 I did some daygame on university of Texas campus but I was a rookie back then and nothing amount to it although some interactions went well I think it was mainly for my English accent rather than anything else - seeing as I live in my aunt's house every time I go to Dallas I obviously have no logistics there - quality wise I wasn't too impressed in the malls in Dallas alot of fat people ( I know its a stereotypical complaint) Dubai mall for example would have way better quality. Dallas is a great place for family and raising kids but from a dating perspective I need to live there longer to understand it and actually experience a decent quantity of approaches and dates before I can confirm a proper conclusion. With any city unless you do a solid 100-200 sets its really hard to gage what's going on.
If you're referring to University of Texas at Dallas, then I can expand upon this. University of Texas at Dallas (UTD) is not in Dallas itself. UTD is in a suburb of Dallas called Richardson. It's a bland suburban campus with not much near it. It's a commuter type school. There might be some women on campus worth approaching for a UTD student. Southern Methodist University (SMU) is located in a Central Dallas type neighborhood a few miles north of Downtown Dallas. SMU is more of a typical college experience. SMU males hitting on SMU females on campus might amount to something. It's a typical college sex experience like what has been discussed on the college sex thread.

There are 2 malls in Dallas worth going to. If you didn't go to one of those two malls, then you're going to see a lot of suburban fat people. My sense is that you went to one of the crappier malls in the suburbs.

When people say that "Dallas is a great place for family and raising kids", they are usually referring to Dallas suburbs north of Interstate 635. There are some neighborhoods south of Interstate 635 that are decent for raising kids like Preston Hollow, Lakewood, M Street, and the Park Cities bubble. Most people that move to the Dallas area with kids go to the Collin County suburbs of Plano, Frisco, McKinney, or Allen. Even a lot of yuppie/bougie types who meet in Dallas itself eventually move to the Collin County suburbs once they get married and/or have kids. Most of the public schools in the City of Dallas are subpar. A lot of Preston Hollow, Lakewood, M Streets type people send their children to private schools to avoid the Dallas public schools. The Park Cities are their own separate school district.

When you say "from a dating perspective I need to live there longer to understand it and actually experience a decent quantity of approaches and dates before I can confirm a proper conclusion. With any city unless you do a solid 100-200 sets its really hard to gage what's going on.", this is all true. If you wanted to know Dallas' scene firsthand, you'd have to be going out in Central Dallas areas like Knox-Henderson, Uptown, Downtown, Deep Ellum, or Lower Greenville. The suburbs of Dallas and even the family friendly suburban neighborhoods in Dallas itself aren't at all like the areas of Dallas where unmarried people tend to spend time.

Isildur1

Don Juan
Reaction score
From this post....

If you're referring to University of Texas at Dallas, then I can expand upon this. University of Texas at Dallas (UTD) is not in Dallas itself. UTD is in a suburb of Dallas called Richardson. It's a bland suburban campus with not much near it. It's a commuter type school. There might be some women on campus worth approaching for a UTD student. Southern Methodist University (SMU) is located in a Central Dallas type neighborhood a few miles north of Downtown Dallas. SMU is more of a typical college experience. SMU males hitting on SMU females on campus might amount to something. It's a typical college sex experience like what has been discussed on the college sex thread.

There are 2 malls in Dallas worth going to. If you didn't go to one of those two malls, then you're going to see a lot of suburban fat people. My sense is that you went to one of the crappier malls in the suburbs.

When people say that "Dallas is a great place for family and raising kids", they are usually referring to Dallas suburbs north of Interstate 635. There are some neighborhoods south of Interstate 635 that are decent for raising kids like Preston Hollow, Lakewood, M Street, and the Park Cities bubble. Most people that move to the Dallas area with kids go to the Collin County suburbs of Plano, Frisco, McKinney, or Allen. Even a lot of yuppie/bougie types who meet in Dallas itself eventually move to the Collin County suburbs once they get married and/or have kids. Most of the public schools in the City of Dallas are subpar. A lot of Preston Hollow, Lakewood, M Streets type people send their children to private schools to avoid the Dallas public schools. The Park Cities are their own separate school district.

When you say "from a dating perspective I need to live there longer to understand it and actually experience a decent quantity of approaches and dates before I can confirm a proper conclusion. With any city unless you do a solid 100-200 sets its really hard to gage what's going on.", this is all true. If you wanted to know Dallas' scene firsthand, you'd have to be going out in Central Dallas areas like Knox-Henderson, Uptown, Downtown, Deep Ellum, or Lower Greenville. The suburbs of Dallas and even the family friendly suburban neighborhoods in Dallas itself aren't at all like the areas of Dallas where unmarried people tend to spend time.
yeah 3 of my Aunts live in Plano so pretty much most of my time on my 5 visits to Dallas have been in the Suburb areas - 2012 and 2014 I stayed in Allen then my Aunt sold her place there and bought a place in Plano - I used tinder there aged 21 and got a lot of matches from 18-19 year olds a chunk of African Americans and women of Vietnamese/Persian ancestry of course I never arranged to meet with any of them but interestingly I also matched with alot of single mum's between the ages of 25-30 as a 21 year old at the time I found it very strange and unlike London. I spent a couple of days in Austin and San Antonio I defiantly loved the vibe of Austin but foot flow was still low relative to London . Like I said when it comes to the US im a complete newbie im there just to see family I have no real understanding next year ill probably visit Milwaukee where my cousin lives, Beverly Hills where my uncle lives and Washington where I have another Aunt . San Fransisco I have to visit each year but that place was depressing as **** .

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3 of my Aunts live in Plano so pretty much most of my time on my 5 visits to Dallas have been in the Suburb areas - 2012 and 2014 I stayed in Allen then my Aunt sold her place there and bought a place in Plano - I used tinder there aged 21 and got a lot of matches from 18-19 year olds a chunk of African Americans and women of Vietnamese/Persian ancestry of course I never arranged to meet with any of them but interestingly I also matched with alot of single mum's between the ages of 25-30 as a 21 year old at the time
Plano and Allen are in Collin County. Collin County is about 20% Asian so matching with some East or South Asians on Tinder in Collin County wouldn't be unusual. Garland in Dallas County is known for a Vietnamese population.

Single moms can be anywhere around Dallas and the suburbs. Some lower end parts of Richardson, Garland, Irving, and Plano are known for single moms. Despite the fact that Plano is a quality suburb, there are some run down areas of Plano. Those are generally in the oldest areas of Plano. The less affluent parts of Dallas will also have some single moms.

There are some single moms in Preston Hollow, Lakewood, and the Park Cities, but it seems comparatively fewer. The single moms in those areas were divorced moms who hired an expensive divorce attorney to get them a good settlement from their richer, beta male businessman or doctor/dentist husband.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Venue Review: Galleria Dallas

Galleria Dallas is a large mall in Dallas just north of Interstate 635. It has an ice rink in it and an ice skating date could be a decent date. It has to be done at the right time. Perhaps I will cover this in a Galleria Dallas venue review later.
As promised, I'll go into some detail on picking up women at Galleria Dallas mall.

TLDR: Don't prioritize Galleria Dallas as a pickup venue, though there are worse spots for daygame in Dallas. The best option for Galleria Dallas is using the ice skating rink for an activity date at some point.

Galleria Dallas is likely the 2nd best mall option for pickup in the Dallas area. I might cover the best one at a later date.

It was opened in 1982 but is only experiencing minimal decay despite its age. There's a Westin branded hotel attached to the mall and Le Meridien has a hotel across from it. There are also some office towers near it with good tenants. Bachendorf's Jewelers is an authorized retailer of new Rolex watches. These are signs that it is a solid mall in an era when many malls are not doing well. During the holiday season, Galleria Dallas is home to the tallest indoor Christmas tree in the United States. It's worth seeing if you're around it.

The few signs of decay include Nordstrom's 2022 decision to reduce its square footage within the mall and the decision to close the mall at 8 PM weekdays ever since the pandemic hit as compared to 9 PM pre-pandemic. While the mall stores close at 8, the ice skating rink stays open beyond 8 PM, as it stayed open beyond 9 PM pre-pandemic.

There are enough stores to bring in attractive women. Nordstrom and Macy's will tend to bring in the married women of North Dallas and there are stores like H&M and Lululemon for bringing in women who want to be approached. Also, there are some decent Latinas at this mall.

The biggest problem with this mall is location. As it is a little bit north of the Central Dallas neighborhoods with a high concentration of unmarried and childless people, it doesn't necessarily draw in the Central Dallas audience. There are some unmarried people in North Dallas/Addison closer to this mall but the North Dallas/Addison singles scene is inferior to the singles scene in the Central Dallas neighborhoods. This mall is probably more convenient for mall approaching if you are in the North Dallas/Addison area but there's not much of a reason to go to it if you're living in a Central Dallas neighborhood. The only reason to go for approaching if you live in Central Dallas is for the greater number of Latinas up at Galleria and that's only applicable if you're into Latinas. The Latinas at the Galleria tend to be less trashy than Latinas at some other places.

The second biggest problem with this mall would be the parking structures. All the parking structures are a hot mess. Parking at Galleria Dallas is generally unpleasant. Parking is obviously at its worst during the holiday shopping season.

The ice skating rink on the lowest level can be a good date option. It's not a solid first date, but I could see it as a possible 2nd or 3rd date option. Maybe a good option too post-sex or for an established girlfriend. There's a Mi Cocina Tex-Mex location next to the ice rink so you're able to loosen up with a drink prior to getting on the ice. You could also do it the other way and have a drink after skating.

The best tip I can give about ice skating dates at Galleria Dallas would be to not do it during the Christmas season. While the Christmas tree is up, it is up in the middle of the ice rink and it reduces the space available to skate at a time when more people want to skate. Skating during November, December, and early January at Galleria Dallas is almost always going to be a miserable option.

Friday nights and weekends in general year round are also bad times to ice skate there too. Way too many families with children.

If you want to ice skate there, you want to do something like go on a Tuesday night in May. Pay attention to the public skating hours listed on the website before going. Weeknights will reduce the probability of families with screaming children or large groups.

If you're into ice skating in general, there are better ice skating rinks in Dallas than Galleria Dallas. Some people complain about the ice quality at Galleria Dallas in Google and Yelp reviews. I've not thought it was bad but I've avoided the most crowded times when I've done dates there.