Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Observations about college sex life from someone that went to a party school.

Reaction score
An Underrated Campus is University of Wisconsin in Madison. That school would've been nice to attend.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An Underrated Campus is University of Wisconsin in Madison. That school would've been nice to attend.
It's not underrated. University of Wisconsin is known as a fun place. It would be considered a party school. Your SEC school was as fun as Wisconsin.

Reaction score
It's not underrated. University of Wisconsin is known as a fun place. It would be considered a party school. Your SEC school was as fun as Wisconsin.
I felt like my SEC school was dominated by Greek Life to be considered a "party" "party" school. Yes, there were some non-affiliate parties but there was a night and day difference between someone that was a non-affiliate and someone in a fraternity. Not only that, but you had to be in a good frat too with prestige and influence over sororities. From my perspective of the Yankee Schools and non-SEC schools, they have fraternities, but it's not as exclusive. I see them as more similar to the ones you see on TV like Neighbors, Animal House, and etc. Think of SEC Greek Life as more like Country Clubs than anything.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I felt like my SEC school was dominated by Greek Life to be considered a "party" "party" school.
You make an excellent point. There are some "party" schools where Greek Life has an outsized influence on the party scene and some party schools where it does not. Do you know for a fact that Wisconsin wasn't a school where Greek Life ran the party scene?

Yes, there were some non-affiliate parties but there was a night and day difference between someone that was a non-affiliate and someone in a fraternity. Not only that, but you had to be in a good frat too with prestige and influence over sororities. From my perspective of the Yankee Schools and non-SEC schools, they have fraternities, but it's not as exclusive. I see them as more similar to the ones you see on TV like Neighbors, Animal House, and etc. Think of SEC Greek Life as more like Country Clubs than anything.
I think a college where parties are less dependent upon Greek Life is a better option. There is a more equitable social scene when a smaller percentage of student body participates in Greek Life.

I'm thinking the pandemic has probably slowed down both Greek Life parties and random off campus apartment parties.

Below are stats on Greek Life participation by universities.....

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two more articles....

As @Jesse Pinkman said at the beginning of the thread, most men going to these "Top 10 DTF colleges" and "50 Best Colleges to Get Laid" aren't actually getting laid. Most college men need to find an LTR to get laid.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think of SEC Greek Life as more like Country Clubs than anything.
I think that's a difficult comparison to make. If you go to country clubs, the audience is typically 35+. Greek Life is a bunch of 18-23 year olds. Now, it's possible that the 18-23 year olds are often the sons and daughters of the older, country club set.

From my perspective of the Yankee Schools and non-SEC schools, they have fraternities, but it's not as exclusive. I see them as more similar to the ones you see on TV like Neighbors, Animal House, and etc. Think of SEC Greek Life as more like Country Clubs than anything.
USC, UCLA, Arizona State, University of Arizona, University of Texas, and Texas A&M all have less Greek Life participation than the more traditional SEC schools. I don't consider Texas A&M a legitimate SEC school. Texas isn't SEC country.

The Greek Life participation rates at Texas Christian (TCU) and Southern Methodist (SMU) are ridiculously high and on par with the SEC schools.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Two more articles....

As @Jesse Pinkman said at the beginning of the thread, most men going to these "Top 10 DTF colleges" and "50 Best Colleges to Get Laid" aren't actually getting laid. Most college men need to find an LTR to get laid.
Most women at these schools will be acutely aware of the stereotype

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Most women at these schools will be acutely aware of the stereotype
I'd agree, @BillyPilgrim. I don't know if it changes anything. A lot of men in the past 30 years or so have chosen where to attend college based on the women and the sexual environment. I don't think women in the past 30 years or so have considered access to sex an important part of their decision making process, though I can imagine some of them thinking "hot guys" is important.

This thread is tending to focus on the sexual environment at schools that would be "Top 10 DTF colleges" and "50 Best Colleges to Get Laid". It's not supposed to be reflective of the sexual experience as schools like Brigham Young University or Baylor. I think it is interesting to point out that a lot of guys at so-called party colleges aren't getting laid much more than they would at schools that aren't associated with partying and getting laid, such as religious schools. In other words, the typical guy at University of Texas doesn't get to enjoy much more vagina than he'd enjoy going to Baylor, a more religious school. Baylor isn't even the strictest religious school out there, but it is reasonably strict.

European-DJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd agree, @BillyPilgrim. I don't know if it changes anything. A lot of men in the past 30 years or so have chosen where to attend college based on the women and the sexual environment. I don't think women in the past 30 years or so have considered access to sex an important part of their decision making process, though I can imagine some of them thinking "hot guys" is important.

This thread is tending to focus on the sexual environment at schools that would be "Top 10 DTF colleges" and "50 Best Colleges to Get Laid". It's not supposed to be reflective of the sexual experience as schools like Brigham Young University or Baylor. I think it is interesting to point out that a lot of guys at so-called party colleges aren't getting laid much more than they would at schools that aren't associated with partying and getting laid, such as religious schools. In other words, the typical guy at University of Texas doesn't get to enjoy much more vagina than he'd enjoy going to Baylor, a more religious school. Baylor isn't even the strictest religious school out there, but it is reasonably strict.
if anyone is picking an university based on probability of getting laid, I think they need to get their priorities straight.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that's a difficult comparison to make. If you go to country clubs, the audience is typically 35+. Greek Life is a bunch of 18-23 year olds. Now, it's possible that the 18-23 year olds are often the sons and daughters of the older, country club set.
I meant how similar they are in terms of vibe.

Reaction score
similar closed off atmosphere...The open greek atmosphere you see on Tik Tok and movies like Neighbors/Animal House contrast from the Greek Life in SEC schools. The Greek atmosphere was completely closed off from anyone not in a fraternity or sorority. Even during Rush, you had to be on a formal list to attend fraternity rush events. To get on this list you had to be referred by someone in the Fraternity or attend a summer rush event....so know someone lol. Your fraternity was mainly based on where you went to Private School/High School. There was also a dress attire to distinguish ourselves from Try hard independents that wanted to look like they were fratty. We only wore comfort color Greek event shirts and Vineyard Vines if we wanted to look nice at bars or tailgates. Also Block Letters were the biggest do NO NOs.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I meant how similar they are in terms of vibe.
similar closed off atmosphere...
When it is phrased it like that, the comparison is valid.

The open greek atmosphere you see on Tik Tok and movies like Neighbors/Animal House contrast from the Greek Life in SEC schools. The Greek atmosphere was completely closed off from anyone not in a fraternity or sorority. Even during Rush, you had to be on a formal list to attend fraternity rush events. To get on this list you had to be referred by someone in the Fraternity or attend a summer rush event....so know someone lol. Your fraternity was mainly based on where you went to Private School/High School.
Both @Jesse Pinkman and @Jake_Gyllenhaal69 went to long standing SEC schools, not fake SEC schools like Texas A&M or soon to be Texas and Oklahoma. The brand names of conferences are now getting meaningless with recent changes to the structures of college athletic conferences. Also, for non-athletes, college athletics is semi-irrelevant, other than sometimes affecting the environment at the school on a football or basketball game day. I am digressing.

During summer orientation prior to freshman year, I attended a Greek Life info session. I decided against formally rushing. I recall once in the first 2 weeks of my freshman year going to a party of a fraternity. I believe it was a lower tier fraternity at my "Hot Girl U" school. The frat guys I met in that fraternity were unimpressive so there's no way it was a top tier frat. Anyway, that party and maybe one other were the only frat parties I attended in college as someone who wasn't in Greek Life.

I still had no problem finding alcohol and vagina at off campus apartment complex parties during college so it's not like being in a fraternity was absolutely necessary for me to get access to alcohol and vagina. I could make a point that being in Greek Life would have made it easier for me to get more extended to top tier looking women while in college. However, I think I could have offset that better by having stronger day game while walking around campus, in the student union while eating, or being more active in certain extracurricular clubs. If I had to do it over again in non-pandemic times, that's how I would do it. I didn't know much about non-off campus party approaching in those days. From 18-20, I was basically doing the 18-20 year olds version of night game bar approaching.

Reaction score
When it is phrased it like that, the comparison is valid.

Both @Jesse Pinkman and @Jake_Gyllenhaal69 went to long standing SEC schools, not fake SEC schools like Texas A&M or soon to be Texas and Oklahoma. The brand names of conferences are now getting meaningless with recent changes to the structures of college athletic conferences. Also, for non-athletes, college athletics is semi-irrelevant, other than sometimes affecting the environment at the school on a football or basketball game day. I am digressing.

During summer orientation prior to freshman year, I attended a Greek Life info session. I decided against formally rushing. I recall once in the first 2 weeks of my freshman year going to a party of a fraternity. I believe it was a lower tier fraternity at my "Hot Girl U" school. The frat guys I met in that fraternity were unimpressive so there's no way it was a top tier frat. Anyway, that party and maybe one other were the only frat parties I attended in college as someone who wasn't in Greek Life.

I still had no problem finding alcohol and vagina at off campus apartment complex parties during college so it's not like being in a fraternity was absolutely necessary for me to get access to alcohol and vagina. I could make a point that being in Greek Life would have made it easier for me to get more extended to top tier looking women while in college. However, I think I could have offset that better by having stronger day game while walking around campus, in the student union while eating, or being more active in certain extracurricular clubs. If I had to do it over again in non-pandemic times, that's how I would do it. I didn't know much about non-off campus party approaching in those days. From 18-20, I was basically doing the 18-20 year olds version of night game bar approaching.
If I was to do it all over again, I would've just straight up enlisted in the Air Force or Navy with my high ASVAB score for 4 years and come out hopefully mature enough to make a better decision career wise or officer if I can get a flight position. My dad was an officer, so it was either do that or nothing, but I do not think I would've enjoyed the military long term. Unless you are an athlete or Giga Chad, women suck ass to deal with in your early to mid-twenties regardless.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
similar closed off atmosphere...The open greek atmosphere you see on Tik Tok and movies like Neighbors/Animal House contrast from the Greek Life in SEC schools. The Greek atmosphere was completely closed off from anyone not in a fraternity or sorority. Even during Rush, you had to be on a formal list to attend fraternity rush events. To get on this list you had to be referred by someone in the Fraternity or attend a summer rush event....so know someone lol. Your fraternity was mainly based on where you went to Private School/High School. There was also a dress attire to distinguish ourselves from Try hard independents that wanted to look like they were fratty. We only wore comfort color Greek event shirts and Vineyard Vines if we wanted to look nice at bars or tailgates. Also Block Letters were the biggest do NO NOs.
This man Greeks! Preach it brotha preach it lol!

It makes me giggle when some inexperienced PUA online talks about how friendly and open frats are. What makes me cringe even more is when dudes who were never a part of that life end up somehow pedestalizing it. I was in an above average fraternity (not an old row big 3) and like maybe 5% of the guys in it were slayers if that.

The one group of men who had it the worst were legacies who looked like they did not belong. It's always the fatty from the frat who is the most rude and confrontational to outsiders. The fatty is the one who is looking around in despair as his better looking fit brothers occasionally hook up.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
College prestige matters the most if you are trying to get into a big bank on Wallstreet or one of the big 4 consulting firms, perhaps for law school and certain grad programs it matters too. However, if I was to go back in time and do college, I'd go to a respectable state school that is not in the south. Despite the hype the south gets on the college scene, I do think that the sex shaming culture, hardcore Bible Thumping, and socially conservative environment make it less than ideal for a college experience unless you get into an Old Row-tier fraternity but even that is overrated.

I'd go for an Ohio St, Wisconsin, Michigan, Florida St (technically the south but Florida is its own animal), or any big state school north of the Mason-Dixon that is not Penn St (because screw Penn St, hands down the most overcompensating guido school on the planet). Instead of rushing a fraternity, I would be trying to get in on the bar and restaurant scene by finding a job as soon as possible. You make money doing it for one and then you also meet a lot of people that way.

As I push closer to 21, I'd be eyeing those bartending gigs. Being a bartender in a college town gets you paid but it also gets you laid more than just about anything else in that area. I even think that in some college towns, older guys can do it. One of my friends in NYC went back to his Big 10 college town at 31 to bartend on weekends while working remote. I think that was a bit too much since I am like dude, you're 31!

However, if I was to do college, that is how I would do it.

You are better off picking a good major and then finding a social job in college, that will get you laid more than even joining a fraternity. I'd push any college kid to try and get that bartending job at one of the college bars, you'll likely be a bar back for a while since you are a guy but you will get to be right where the action is.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I was to do it all over again, I would've just straight up enlisted in the Air Force or Navy with my high ASVAB score for 4 years and come out hopefully mature enough to make a better decision career wise or officer if I can get a flight position. Unless you are an athlete or Giga Chad, women suck ass to deal with in your early to mid-twenties regardless.
That sounds like a good plan. I have thought about some alternate paths that might have served me better, such as trade school.

If you're 21-26 and dealing with 21-26 year old women, that's a royal pain in a lot of cases. That's the age range of the end of college and the first few years post college.

It makes me giggle when some inexperienced PUA online talks about how friendly and open frats are. What makes me cringe even more is when dudes who were never a part of that life end up somehow pedestalizing it. I was in an above average fraternity (not an old row big 3) and like maybe 5% of the guys in it were slayers if that.

The one group of men who had it the worst were legacies who looked like they did not belong. It's always the fatty from the frat who is the most rude and confrontational to outsiders. The fatty is the one who is looking around in despair as his better looking fit brothers occasionally hook up.
I think I made the right decision by not attempting to join a fraternity. It's likely that I wouldn't have gotten into one of the fraternities that were worth being in. @Jesse Pinkman was in a better than average fraternity and even most of those guys weren't slaying. Some probably settled for an ok girlfriend while in college and once that relationship ended shortly after college, those guys became vagina beggars on swipe apps and were wishing it was the old days at State College U.

College prestige matters the most if you are trying to get into a big bank on Wallstreet or one of the big 4 consulting firms, perhaps for law school and certain grad programs it matters too.
The title of this thread is about "party schools" and "Hot Girl U" type schools. Most of these "party schools" are not prestigious as a whole. It's possible for a "party school" to have a few well regarded majors. The guys in "party schools" in those well regarded majors aren't focusing on partying and having sex if they want to get into a certain highly regarded grad school program, a big Wall Street bank, or a big consulting firm. The guys on the grad school, Wall Street bank, or big consulting firm path are often likely going to non "party schools" for undergrad, such as an Ivy League school or an elite private university in the Northeast or Midwest.

However, if I was to go back in time and do college, I'd go to a respectable state school that is not in the south. Despite the hype the south gets on the college scene, I do think that the sex shaming culture, hardcore Bible Thumping, and socially conservative environment make it less than ideal for a college experience unless you get into an Old Row-tier fraternity but even that is overrated.

I'd go for an Ohio St, Wisconsin, Michigan, Florida St (technically the south but Florida is its own animal), or any big state school north of the Mason-Dixon that is not Penn St (because screw Penn St, hands down the most overcompensating guido school on the planet).
When you say north of Mason-Dixon line, that would eliminate the big Texas public schools. The big Texas universities have a different environment than the traditional SEC schools.

From this description, it seems like you would avoid Pac-12 Conference public schools too.

Instead of rushing a fraternity, I would be trying to get in on the bar and restaurant scene by finding a job as soon as possible. You make money doing it for one and then you also meet a lot of people that way.

As I push closer to 21, I'd be eyeing those bartending gigs. Being a bartender in a college town gets you paid but it also gets you laid more than just about anything else in that area. I even think that in some college towns, older guys can do it. One of my friends in NYC went back to his Big 10 college town at 31 to bartend on weekends while working remote. I think that was a bit too much since I am like dude, you're 31!

You are better off picking a good major and then finding a social job in college, that will get you laid more than even joining a fraternity. I'd push any college kid to try and get that bartending job at one of the college bars, you'll likely be a bar back for a while since you are a guy but you will get to be right where the action is.
That makes a lot of sense. Based on this description, I do not feel bad about skipping fraternities. There wasn't a time where I had major regrets over skipping Greek Life. I think it's easy to overlook the bar/restaurant gigs and how much they can help.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd go for an Ohio St, Wisconsin, Michigan, Florida St (technically the south but Florida is its own animal), or any big state school north of the Mason-Dixon that is not Penn St (because screw Penn St, hands down the most overcompensating guido school on the planet). Instead of rushing a fraternity, I would be trying to get in on the bar and restaurant scene by finding a job as soon as possible. You make money doing it for one and then you also meet a lot of people that way.
id argue that the big 10 schools are the best universities overall. They all offer competitive agrees, they are in mostly medium to large cities while SEC schools are in towns instead of Vandy and now Texas, better party scenes, and overall prettier universities. SEC only gets the football credit, but they play scrub teams 5 games out of the year and most of them are overanked early on…cough cough Florida & A&M

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
id argue that the big 10 schools are the best universities overall. They all offer competitive agrees, they are in mostly medium to large cities while SEC schools are in towns instead of Vandy and now Texas, better party scenes, and overall prettier universities. SEC only gets the football credit, but they play scrub teams 5 games out of the year and most of them are overanked early on…cough cough Florida & A&M
In terms of academics, there's no way that a traditional Big 10 school can compete with an Ivy League school. That's ridiculous.

The downside of going to a school like Harvard, Yale, or Cornell is that you won't be having a lot of fun in undergrad. Those schools aren't known for being pusssy paradises. The women are not that good looking at some of the Ivies. Cornell has a bad reputation for women's looks. I linked an article below about Harvard students not having sex from 2015.

Those Ivies also have highly ranked graduate programs in Business, Law, and Medicine.

Of the legacy SEC schools, Vanderbilt has a really good academic reputation and is an expensive private school. It's a bit different in academics than schools like Florida, Kentucky, Alabama, and Auburn.

Reaction score
In terms of academics, there's no way that a traditional Big 10 school can compete with an Ivy League school. That's ridiculous.
Agree but a lot of big 10 schools do give you a solidly competitive degree with the right amount of partying. For example, a degree from Wisconsin will be able to out compete most schools except for the Ivy leagues obviously and give you a decent party life.

SEC you have Vanderbilt—Texas—-Florida and Georgia….The schools under it are meh and you were better off getting degree at a cheaper state school lol.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree but a lot of big 10 schools do give you a solidly competitive degree with the right amount of partying. For example, a degree from Wisconsin will be able to out compete most schools except for the Ivy leagues obviously and give you a decent party life.
The college experience will be a lot better at Wisconsin than Harvard.

SEC you have Vanderbilt—Texas—-Florida and Georgia….The schools under it are meh and you were better off getting degree at a cheaper state school lol.
You don't seem impressed at the academics at Texas A&M, Arkansas, South Carolina, Alabama, and Auburn. Many of those 5 schools I just listed would be part of the "Hot Girl U" categorization I've used. To you, the only legacy SEC schools with solid academics are Vanderbilt, Florida, and Georgia.

Additionally, I don't think you or @Jesse Pinkman have a lot of positive things to say about schools in the barely hanging on at the moment Pac 12 conference.