Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I have cancer

AKA FLEX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry about your situation man, but you WILL beat this. Hodgkin's disease is VERY treatable and the fact that you're a weight lifter and an athlete will definitely be to your advantage.

You might know this already, but hockey player Mario Lemieux is a Hodgkins survivor, and he even came back and played a few seasons in the NHL after beating the disease.

Just keep your head up, stay strong, and it will be over before you know it.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think they really know the real causes of Hodgkin's? Viral, who knows? It does strike young people I knew a guy in high school Senior class who found out he had Hodgkin's just before graduation. He had a lump...usually in the groin or the armpit. He underwent treatment for a while, came out of it OK, went on to become a doctor. He missed the first year of college, but he used his experience to leap forward tremendously.

Good luck wolf, hang in there and be strong.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow that's heartbreaking man.

I wouldn't be worrying about your fitness, you can always get it back!

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What city do you live in?

I just moved out here and need someone to teach me how to surf :D

Bloke

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Best of luck Wolf.

Might not mean much, but I'm sure the whole community here is behind you.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
Thanks guys. Apparently the survival rate for lymphoma is about 90%, so I'm relying on my health to pull me through.

I just did a PR on the weekend and pulled 170kgs for 5 and all I can think about is once I go through Chemotherapy, it will be gone to nothing.
screw that, doing WHATEVER it takes to get through this is a billion times more impressive than some meaningless gym lift. Stay strong man.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wolf, five years from now this thread will be 500 pages long and more focused on your advice as a cancer survivor. But you have a lot of work to put in first. Good luck with everything.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
screw that, doing WHATEVER it takes to get through this is a billion times more impressive than some meaningless gym lift. Stay strong man.
Yeah I guess I don't really care about my deadlift now that I know how to use a gym, I can always start again.

When I get through this it will be because of doctors saving my life. There's nothing I can really do except eat well and stay positive.

I sent you a PM Quiksilver.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
determination is your first weapon of defense.
telling yourself and believing that you will not let cancer take you, is something you need to do daily.
telling yourself, i will not have cancer for long, will spark more hope inside yourself than just being silent about it.

start a blog and get your feelings out.
you can do that on your myspace page.

don't stop being you just because you have an illness.
perhaps it will go into remission very soon.

we are all here rooting for you wolf. please continue to let us know how you are doing by updating your thread.

our family will pray for you to over come this.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A good friend of mine had lymphoma and kicked its ass, so I've no doubt you will do the same, wolfy.

Keep us updated on your treatment.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

For a book to put you in a good outlook and fighting spirit. I recommend Lance Armstrongs It's not about the Bike. Great read.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn sorry to hear that man.

Glad to hear that yours has a good chance of recovery though.

Keep up the fight brother.

We are all in your corner if only symbolically.

And yeah definitely keep us updated on your progress.

PerfectCircle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hoping your whole experience is nothing more then a inconvenience. Best of luck at a fast and permanent recovery.

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im sorry man, i dont know how to help u. i just wanted to let u know that i wish u the best and u got people to talk to over here if ur ever feelin down

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This really makes you want to live your life to the fullest. One day you can wake up and find out you have cancer, etc.

You sound like you're being very proactive about it which is great! Fight hard and you'll pull through man.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe sometimes in life God calls upon us to fight for something. He sees strength, and tests it.

A lot of people go through life without much to fight for, but for those that get called upon...like you Wolf, you will discover a strength inside of you that nothing can take away.

When you beat this, you'll wake up each morning truly understanding, that today, is the first day of the rest of your life.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks so much everyone for your support, I even got an email from Warboss Alex which made my day.

Thanks for letting me vent a little, I can't tell anyone in real life except mum, they will just treat you like you're dying and look at you strangely when you laugh.

I will keep everyone up to date.