Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I have cancer

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep it really sucks, just got the news today. I'll have to undergo kemo soon.

I'm frantically researching everything I can on fighting it ATM.

So far I'm trying to keep my body alkaline by eating cr@p loads of veggies.
WPC is also supposed to be good. Broccoli, antioxidants. I'm just going to sleep, eat and train light. I've also quit school to ease a bit of stress.

Any other alternate therapies that I'm missing? Or anyone have any experience?

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll get through it, just make sure the doctors act quickly. What the health system does is process you and see that you DO have cancer but it's not an emergency.. Then when it is an emergency, it's too late.

Sounds like you're doing the right stuff, stay positive dude! at least you're fit and healthy so your body will be able to do its job.

:up:

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Apparently the survival rate for lymphoma is about 90%, so I'm relying on my health to pull me through.

I just did a PR on the weekend and pulled 170kgs for 5 and all I can think about is once I go through Chemotherapy, it will be gone to nothing.

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Spinach is one of the most alkaline foods going

Last edited:

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy ****ing **** dude. My heart dropped when I read the title of this thread.

I am very sorry to hear that and I hope you get better quickly.

I would think your strength should return quickly once you are all better and everything, due to muscle memory, right?

On another note, this really puts my "problems" into perspective...

BeyondCharm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey buddy, you have all my best wishes and sympathies for a speedy 100% healthy recovery! Remember you can always count on us and even moreso can always count on yourself to push yourself through any obstacle, even this one.

Secondly, people often give up in life because they "thought" they couldn't go further when they still had more in them. So take that weight trianing "givinig it all" mentality into dealing with this and you'll come out a champ!

02hero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really know what to say mate, apart from stay positive and I'm sure you'll come through and beat this.
Good luck to you and yours at this time, I wish you all the best.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
**** man...keep the board updated, keep your head up mate, you'll get through it :)

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn dude...that's horrible. Good luck and stay positive man!

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im so sorry man, stay positive and do the right stuff
keep us up to date on how its going
hopefully you will get through it mate
best wishes

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll come out of this a better man than all of us.
Good luck!

Desert Rose

Don Juan
Reaction score
That is harsh, drink lots and lots of green tea! Also, a detox diet could really help too, I lost ten pounds of toxins when I did mine and it was only for 7 days!!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tough luck man, although any situation could always be worse. Your good health and young age are what will pull you through.

Do you know what type of lymphoma it is?

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Tough luck man, although any situation could always be worse. Your good health and young age are what will pull you through.

Do you know what type of lymphoma it is?
Thanks everyone, I haven't told anyone about this yet so I just felt like I needed to tell someone.

I'm not depressed or overly upset because so far I've had the privilege to live a healthy life up until now. When I see people in wheel chairs or people with mental problems at the hospital I feel like I'm lucky. I'm going to use this time to get good at surfing, learn an instrument and reed lots of books.

I have hodgkins lymphoma.

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
Hey I read about hodgkins lymphoma, 90% survival rate if treated early, when are you undergoing radiation or chemo?

Hopefully not radiation, it really messed my uncle up who unfortunately isnt here anymore, and now my aunt went through it and shes worst than she used to be, but her cancer is fatal :(. Sorry I dont want to scare you, keep us updated, good luck and be strong k?

jahidi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
I just did a PR on the weekend and pulled 170kgs for 5 and all I can think about is once I go through Chemotherapy, it will be gone to nothing.
But at the same time, had you not trained and stayed healthy, the cancer would probably hit you harder...

This is horrible but stay positive man, you're right that the survival rate is really high. Hope you get through it quickly.