Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I have cancer

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2008-08/05/content_8967371.htm

And very few people believed Linus Pauling, one of the greatest scientists of all time. He was bashed and discredited for his work, yet he knew it was right. And now it has finally been accepted, I think Pauling would be happy (he's dead now). I wonder whether he'll get any recognition for it, given that his identical work long ago was discredited...

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My heart sank when I read the title, and at your age too.

But dont worry. I'm sure your peak fitness level and impeccable mindset will blast through that cancer like a hot knife through butter!

Stay strong. :up:

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I send you my best wishes and my prayers. Stay strong and positive and you will beat it.

Cheers!

MightyMike

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear this mate, especially knowing that you and I are the same age. But like you've said, you have a high possibility of survival, and with a few prayers here and there, I'm sure you'll pull through.

Best wishes,
MM

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like I said Wolf, keep strong and put your faith in modern medicine. They can do some awesome things nowadays. You will come back stronger from this and life will be put in perspective. We're all rooting for you, and don't forget, the iron awaits when you return. :D

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meditation

Well, I've been banned from weights and all exercise. I have a lymph node pressing up against the main artery to my brain and the most hardcore thing I can do is masturbate lol.

I basically just sit at home eating and cooking(very healthy), computing, reading, listening to audio-books and learning to play harmonica. I don't like to go outside because everyone just stares at the lumps on my neck.

So if I can't exercise I want to learn to meditate. IronAddict seems to like it so it must have value. Anyone have any advice or experience with it?

Or any other cool hobbies that don't require anything physically demanding, or great books.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
take on online poker :)

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
take on online poker :)
Can you make any good money doing that?
I'd think it would make it hard to read a bluff, not being able to see your opponent and all.

JohnnyIrish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Learn to play the guitar too? :)

As for good books, I recommend Herman Hesse's steppenwolf. Highly psychological, gets the mind thinking.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Painting/drawing?

Meditation is good. I started off with Yoga Nidra which I think really helped me beast through my finals exams, and am trying to get into Zen training stuff. There are good threads and book recommendations on the Mind and Meditation section of ironaddicts if you haven't already read them.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
Can you make any good money doing that?
I'd think it would make it hard to read a bluff, not being able to see your opponent and all.
thats how i make a living

HandyAndy

Banned
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
Well, I've been banned from weights and all exercise. I have a lymph node pressing up against the main artery to my brain and the most hardcore thing I can do is masturbate lol.

I basically just sit at home eating and cooking(very healthy), computing, reading, listening to audio-books and learning to play harmonica. I don't like to go outside because everyone just stares at the lumps on my neck.

So if I can't exercise I want to learn to meditate. IronAddict seems to like it so it must have value. Anyone have any advice or experience with it?

Or any other cool hobbies that don't require anything physically demanding, or great books.
when are they going to take care of that?

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HandyAndy said:
when are they going to take care of that?
They can't really do anything about it, it's too close to facial nerves and they don't really want to take any more of them out because they form part of the immune system. The plan is that they will shrink once chemo starts, but at the moment the hospital is screwing me around and it may be over a week before I start.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After a biopsy of two lymph nodes above my colour bone I was diagnosed with stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma, the last stage. It has spread into one of my lungs which contains a tumour the size of half a fist. The doctors are still confident of total cure and I've been given 80% probability of it. But I will be on very strong chemo which contains Bleomycin that can cause long term lung damage. I'm trying to talk my doctors in to taking me off bleomycin (Lance Armstrong did this) but that could compromise my odds. Tough decision.

I started chemo last Monday. The first few days I went through an unbearable nausea which no drug could suppress. My hair is thinning, I've lost 5kg's and my sex drive is going. But I'm feeling ok now and I've been going for short bike rides and swimming.

Now that the nausea has subsided (I will be in for more of that soon) I have been quite happy just relaxing, reading, cooking, meditating and playing my harmonica. I'm in good spirits but how I long to get back under a barbell.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf bro...remember you should choose the best treatment plan.

short term pain for long term gain...YOUR LIFE!

I wish you the best man, it kills me to read about this and I think it reminds all of us here who waste their days away or ***** about women to grab their balls and go out to get it.

Again I wish you the best, and best wishes...stay strong!

rafell.carter

Reaction score
There is no way to answer your question satisfactorily. Lance Armstrong had testicular cancer and he ignored the lump and symptoms for quite some time. You need to be examined by a doctor to determine exactly what this is that you are dealing with. Anything that is uneven I would be concerned about. But, again no one here can answer this adequately as you need to be clinically examined.

Don't wait. If it turns out to be a malignancy the sooner its treated the better off you will be.

And, unfortunately I do know young men who have been diagnosed with testicular cancer. One is a 17 year old in high school and doing well with no evidence of disease, but the other relapsed while away at college, ignored symptoms, and recently died from metastatic spreading.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf, I've been following this from your first post. I'm very sorry to hear your latest development. Hang in there buddy and be strong as you can be. I'm not a praying type but I will definitely keep your recovery in my thoughts, and you will recover.

I've seen this happen before and it definitely throws your life into perspective, the person affected and those around them.

Those of us who have our supposed health need to keep at the forefront of our minds that health is a true gift and we should cling to it as tenaciously as we can. And that involves maintaining it. Even then, everything can be taken in the blink of an eye. I was in an accident 3 years ago and a half inch difference in circumstances could have taken my life or my mobility. I was in a coma for 4 days and just completely jacked up for 6 months...I've come back and I feel I'm in the best shape of my life. But we can never assume tomorrow will bring the same life we had today. Good luck.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That sucks dude. Make sure you keep your immune system up as much as possible. Going through Chemo will suck. It will tear your immune system apart. This means more room for getting sick since it wont be as strong. So yes, eat healthy, always wash your hands, and do what you can to stay strong.