Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you guys fear death?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Death is terrifying when trying to conceptualize because it's almost impossible for the human mind to grasp. But when you take a step back and look at it objectively, realize there is nothing to fear - because once you're dead the problem goes away. The process of dying certainly frightens me though, especially if its painful and ambigious as to whether you'll survive or not.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to... in my teens and early 20’s the world was amazing and possibilities are endless. The thought of leaving terrified me... at 40 things narrow and doors start to close. I am sure as I get older and older... friends will pass on, energy will fade, strength will decline and all that’s eventually left is the memories of what was.... so when that comes I will look forward to leaving my meat suit and progressing to my next story. Already there are so many souls I cannot wait to see again even if it might be brief. For now... making those memories to carry me thru my old Age is important.
You HAVE to make new memories! It never ends. Manage your heath. The past is the past.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't, and i'm atheist so don't see much point in thinking about it

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fear of death is very normal because it's implanted into our DNA. We are living organisms, and it's normal for living organisms to fear death.

However, it doesn't mean you cannot start using your will power and logic and rationality to start "training" your mind to make peace with the thought of death.

Reaction score
death is inevitable but I am a muslim so I don't believe that death is the end of everything. I fear old age when I won't be able to walk properly and my son will take care of me otherwise I will be an old man sleeping on street and begging people for money

Reaction score
In Tralfamadorian philosophy, when a person dies they only appear to die. They are alive in other moments in the past. They may be in bad condition upon the moment of death, but they are doing great in other moments.
that's based on your presupposition of timelines

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that's based on your presupposition of timelines
There is only one timeline presupposed and one is able to move along the timeline in either direction freely at will. All time points are observed simultaneously, like a range of mountains on the horizon. So when an Earthling is captured and taken to the planetary zoo, they are also still alive and happy at other points in their existence and so as captors, the Tralfamadorians don't feel any guilt.

Reaction score
There is only one timeline presupposed and one is able to move along the timeline in either direction freely at will. All time points are observed simultaneously, like a range of mountains on the horizon. So when an Earthling is captured and taken to the planetary zoo, they are also still alive and happy at other points in their existence and so as captors, the Tralfamadorians don't feel any guilt.
that's eternalism but I take the position of philosophical presentism

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm quite afraid of life actually. Kinda looking forward to the endless peace of the alternative option.
I live an entirely joyless existence. It sucks.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I fear dying slowly. I hope I have the courage to bow out at the right time. Like for everything there will be a plan and a backup plan.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should, I've seen that up close more than once and its not nice.
If I could choose how I go out it would be at 140mph on my motorbike.
Bang! Lights out! Finito!

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Observing my family elders over the years (4 grands and 3 great-grands still lived when i was young), i came to conclusion, the older you get, the less you worry about death. In some cases, people are even fed up enough at life, they look forward to death.

So, instead of worrying about death, you should think about how to make the next 30 years of your life count.

Decide what you consider to be a "worthy" life, write it down and focus on achieving it.
People only look forward to death because their life is miserable. I’m enjoying my time here and don’t want it to end.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In a nutshell... Yeah!

Zontyy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think I fear based on how I was raised and belief in that I will be resurrected and before my resurrection I'm conscience of nothing so it does not matter. The only thing I fear is for my child, he isn't a man yet and needs guidance only I can provide him. Once he is older and more self sufficient and less dependent then it really doesn't matter. Though I want to live as long as I can because I enjoy life.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope or at least not that much...what scares the **** out of me is getting old.

Losing strenght and potential while slowling becoming a dead weight for those around me.

Lets be honest, all those "men peak in their 50s" lines are pure bullsh1t, your 70s will suck and your 80s even more.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know someone who had a near death experience, saw the light, and had some sort of committee discussing their life. The funny thing is that this person argued with the committee to *not* go back. They wanted to stay dead because they could sense the light was way better. But the committee of whatever entities they were said no, it was not that person's time, and sent them back.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know someone who had a near death experience, saw the light, and had some sort of committee discussing their life. The funny thing is that this person argued with the committee to *not* go back. They wanted to stay dead because they could sense the light was way better. But the committee of whatever entities they were said no, it was not that person's time, and sent them back.
Interesting, most NDEs are pleasant and are described as "realer than real".

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope or at least not that much...what scares the **** out of me is getting old.

Losing strenght and potential while slowling becoming a dead weight for those around me.

Lets be honest, all those "men peak in their 50s" lines are pure bullsh1t, your 70s will suck and your 80s even more.
I m in 50s. Holding down a high pressure job in a major bank. Beat a tennis player in his 20s last night. On top of the Mrs as much as she can handle. I agree on 60s by then nobody wants you.