Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you guys fear death?

Reaction score
I am terrified of death. The thought of not existing scares me unlike anything else.

Billtx49

Reaction score
I am terrified of death. The thought of not existing scares me unlike anything else.
Yes, fear is a very unpleasant emotion, but it’s rather irrational and childishly over emotional to fear a future life event that you have no control over, don’t you think ?

Men are basically rational individuals and don’t usually get distracted by emotional issues, but men that can’t control their own emotions are one of the main reasons why their women have to tell them to ‘man up’ and stop wasting her time…

Rational acceptance of a future event you have No control over is 100 times easier than 80 years of fear.

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m Christian too, so not really. I know I’m gonna have a good life. I have a good education and the beginning of a good job. I have a great girlfriend who might be my wife one day, might not, but I’m happy. I’m not planning on going anytime soon, but when I’m good and ready I’ll die, and that doesn’t bother me, as long as I left something on earth to be remembered. And I’m on my way to do just that. Live every day like you will die tomorrow, and you will never have any regrets.

Chamber36

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fact that we are going to die is exactly what motivates me to do things while I can.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
“Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily. Every day when one’s body and mind are at peace, one should meditate upon being ripped apart by arrows, rifles, spears and swords, being carried away by surging waves, being thrown into the midst of a great fire, being struck by lightning, being shaken to death by a great earthquake, falling from thousand-foot cliffs, dying of disease or committing seppuku at the death of one’s master. And every day without fail one should consider himself as dead”

I have been slacking on doing this myself, but when I was, I had a very calming effect take place.

Larry Lurex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Physical death doesn’t scare me.

I’m more worried about temporary discontinuity related to my work, although things would eventually pan out.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is absolutely no point in fearing death because there is nothing you can do about it. You will die, we will all die. Even if you managed to become immortal, the chances then become nearly certain that you would end up trapped in a place from which you could never escape from, like falling down a crack, buried under rubble, etc. I find the idea of being entombed for eternity far worse than being snuffed out in that entrapment.

When you do not exist, there is no experience of not existing. If you have ever been under general anesthetic, that is what it's like. There is no feeling of the passage of time and no dreaming. You simply are not present. You fall asleep and you wake up.

If eastern philosophy is to be believed, your separate/individual existence is an illusion to start with.

You MUST come to terms with your mortality, or live cowering in fear.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the time I don’t, but sometimes, seemingly at random, a soul-crushing dread of my future death descends upon me and it is crippling.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the time I don’t, but sometimes, seemingly at random, a soul-crushing dread of my future death descends upon me and it is crippling.
I would suggest looking into some kind of spiritual teachings like Buddhism or Stoicism. Both traditions focus on death and accepting it. The more you face fears, the less you fear them.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would suggest looking into some kind of spiritual teachings like Buddhism or Stoicism. Both traditions focus on death and accepting it. The more you face fears, the less you fear them.
I’m big into Buddhism and Hinduism. I have all of Alan Watts recordings. I’ve read power of now and achieved Nirvanna as well. But part of acceptance is accepting the organisms desire to survive and thrive imho.

I been into this stuff for over a decade and very spiritual.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We all die. I just want to die well. Knowing I did my best right up to that point for myself, my friends and my loved ones.
i have life insurance and I need to get a will in writing and recorded. Now that I have more assets than liabilities there is something to lose...

That will now be my June Goal. Write a will and setup a succession plan.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In Tralfamadorian philosophy, when a person dies they only appear to die. They are alive in other moments in the past. They may be in bad condition upon the moment of death, but they are doing great in other moments.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to fear death until I began extensively studying Bushido, the code that the Samurai used to live by, back in the day; they had a very concrete belief that how fast you were and how lethal you were, was a direct result of a lack of fear of death, when 2 samurai square off, the contest was not of blades, but mind, they tested each other, would not draw until the final seconds, perfectly content with dying... They were a vicious brand of warrior, measuring the sharpness of their blades by bodies, 1 body, 2 body, 3 body, 4 body blades, all in 1 stroke, they were surrounded by death, so the lack of fear was like a measure of the sharpness of their blade.

So no, I don't fear death, I don't wish to experience death, but because of that, I don't fear it

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to... in my teens and early 20’s the world was amazing and possibilities are endless. The thought of leaving terrified me... at 40 things narrow and doors start to close. I am sure as I get older and older... friends will pass on, energy will fade, strength will decline and all that’s eventually left is the memories of what was.... so when that comes I will look forward to leaving my meat suit and progressing to my next story. Already there are so many souls I cannot wait to see again even if it might be brief. For now... making those memories to carry me thru my old Age is important.

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Observing my family elders over the years (4 grands and 3 great-grands still lived when i was young), i came to conclusion, the older you get, the less you worry about death. In some cases, people are even fed up enough at life, they look forward to death.

So, instead of worrying about death, you should think about how to make the next 30 years of your life count.

Decide what you consider to be a "worthy" life, write it down and focus on achieving it.