Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Any 5ft8 Guys Doing Well With Woman?

Grinderman

Banned
Reaction score
Let's say you are 5' 11 but skinny or just chubby... Compared to 5' 8 but jacked muscular, who has the advantage with chicks?? Both have good game.
Whichever one SHE finds the most attractive. Women have different taste, there is no set standard answer. Beauty is subjective/in the eye of the beholder.

aloofgoof

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think height is unjustifiably a source of insecurity a lot of the time.

Yes, height matters to women. But a
quick glance around will reveal women date short and average height men too. Most women are fine with it so long as they are shorter than you.

Men who don’t act like it bothers them do exponentially better than those that do. This mindset applies to any shortcoming though, not just height. As far as being fit and muscular, it beats being overweight.

Last edited:

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men who don’t act like it bothers them do exponentially better than those that do. This mindset applies to any shortcoming though, not just height.
ironically i think the guys who believe looks don't matter do better than those who believe looks matter because then they would approach every girl with the same level of delusional confidence (eventually running into a girl who likes his looks/isn't repulsed by him) vs the guy who thinks looks matter will be more conservative in his approach (approach girls below his looks level. and fck up with girls above his looks level due to not thinking she's go for him cuz he's not good looking/tall enough for her).

this is why i say that "just be confident bro" is unironically very good advice.

Last edited:

TheProspect

Reaction score
My post is actually rather positive.. My height & muscular frame combined are actually working from me in regards to woman. I am doing quite well.

So do tell me where I am whining in my post? The only person coming across angry & emotionally triggered right now is... YOU!!
Since I've been on SoSuave I notice you talk about height a lot and maybe others have noticed too, and it gives them the impression you have some physical insecurities about your height and body, or at least some preoccupation with how it influences women's attraction.

Here are the titles of some threads you've created over the past few years (Yes I took 5 minutes to look them up lol):

“Are 5ft8 Guys Doing Well With Woman?”
“Muscles & A Good Beard Is The Way Forward?”
“How Important Is A Muscular Body?”
“Excellent Method To Increase Your Height”
“Do You Ever See Short Guys With Hot Girls?”
“Lean Muscular vs Big Muscular?”
“Height vs Muscle, Take A Pick?”
“Would You Try To Bang A Chick Taller Than You?”
“Tall & Skinny vs Short & Muscular?”

Just pointing this out because we've already had a few height-related threads in the last couple weeks.

Anyways, I'm a hair below 5'10 and I've never overtly been rejected due to my height. I'm sure it disqualifies me with some of the more taller women or the women with more stringent preferences.

At my height, and regarding how height affects women's perceptions, I also believe it's easier for average and below-average height men to game girls in-person (especially through social circle) versus OLD because you're able to demonstrate more desirable traits about yourself and are not disqualified as quickly for something like height.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My post is actually rather positive.. My height & muscular frame combined are actually working from me in regards to woman. I am doing quite well.

So do tell me where I am whining in my post? The only person coming across angry & emotionally triggered right now is... YOU!!
Yes, us tall men who get all the "lucky breaks" and don't have any problems.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friend that heights gets women easily

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
whoseever face she likes better. as characternote, said there's a cut off point. notice there's no 5'4" guy here saying, "yeah bro! I'm killing it"
2 od the biggest players I knew growing up were my best friend and his brother. Best friend was 5' 3" or 5' 4" and his brother was 5' 2"...

always had bad ass girlfriends and they would pick up women in the clubs left and right.

Someone asked them how they did it when they were so short and at a serious disadvantage and they looked at this dude like he had 3 eyes and 7 arms. The reason? They never considered it a problem and were so confident in themselves it was never a problem for the women either.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
5'8" 165 at my best when cutting. I would say well above average in terms of muscle but I never used roids.... It's easier to get that really full bodybuilder type look when you are short.
I am 5' 8" around 200 lbs right now. When I am in tremendous shape I am about 180-185 lbs thanks to my lower body being very well developed. In the winter sometimes I will be as high as 210 lbs. Honestly I have gotten some of my best results at around 200-205 lbs.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a friend who is about 5'7" I think..... Korean.... with a really think accent, he's in good shape a blackbelt in TKD, which is how we met. But he isn't buff... just fit. He does great with women. He just owns it and doesn't let it stop him.

I've told this story before when he and I were at a party and he was hitting on this tall attractive chick. Man... she said right there in front of the group we were with "I don't like Asian guys because they are too small... if you know what I mean." Without missing a beat, or showing any shock or upset or anything her just looked right at her and said. "Small c0cks are great, I'm not going to beat up your cervix, much easier to fit in your mouth, and since I'm Asian I eat lots of ginger which makes the cvm taste great, or so I am told." And then he just kept going... ignoring what happened and kept running his game.

It was hilarious... he totally caught her off guard, she spanked him down, and it don't phase him at all.

BTW... he went home with her.

Haha fukin love the confidence!

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s really all about how you carry yourself & your confidence.

Having an attractive face and being in shape are important. As you get older being in shape is more important.

But there are always outliers.

My friend I’ve known 30 years is 52, 5’7” and frankly he’s gotten portly through the belly in recent years. He loves to cook, loves to enjoy life & entertain and he’s confident AF.

And I mean AS FVCK.

He has an attractive face but his personality and intelligence are rapier sharp, his acerbic wit is jaw dropping and he has slayed hot (really hot) women half his age ever since getting divorced the second time. He runs circles around taller fitter more handsome men...All. The. Time. He’s just ridiculously magnetic as a whole and he’s the best I’ve ever seen at “game”. His EQ is off the hook too so his social calibration is spot on.

He is not the most endowed guy in the whole world either, but like RangerMike’s friend he knows what he is working with and how to work it. No fvcks given. His first wife was a Penthouse centerfold...so he can pull like nobody’s business.

Of all my friends he always has the hottest women. Always.

I also know a 54 year old artist who is 5’ 7” and has a bit of dad bod but the thickest head of hair you can imagine with almost no gray. Maybe 20 silver hairs in his mane of brown hair. He is growing it out a la full on hippie surfer dude because he can. He wears sterling rings on every finger akin to Johnny Depp and he has the whole rebel bad boy vibe working. He has been handsome all his life & gets more dates than he knows what to do with...his strength is his IDGAF attitude.

Finally there’s my Italian tango instructor. He is very good looking. Very fit solid body. Moves elegantly and powerfully. Very masculine. He’s 5’7”. And he has a prominent birthmark on his face. I’m always taller than him in any pair of heels (I’m 5’6”). He has a twin brother who is also a dancer. Both these men are masculine to their core. The brother dates a beautiful professional dancer (also an instructor at the studio) and my instructor goes out with beautiful women. He’s 46 I think.

Attitude and confidence trump height. Really they can get you past lots of objections as several of the people I know described above demonstrate.

All of these men know without a doubt who they are. They never apologize for who they are. Every man has something unique which, if he capitalizes on it, will show him his purpose and what makes him special. When a man owns that quality, he radiates an attractiveness that is unique and powerful. And women who resonate with that are drawn in. It is more than the sum of the parts.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You must have some serious quad sweep. I have had decent size development at 180 but never really visible abs at that weight. I got damn near 200(didn't weigh but I had to be) during covid when the gyms closed).
I have to wear pants 2 sizes too big or they will literally rip at the seam on the outside of my leg or at the seam around my upper butt the first time I bend down....I have ruined a lot of pants in my days hahaha

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ahh team thunder thighs :)

FYI: certain brands carry athletic-fit sized pants you that you don't need to wear oversized pants

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m 5’10 and it goes in spurts with me. I’ll have success back to back to back and then go on a drought where I can’t have success if my life depended on it. Then I’ll go back to having success for awhile. When I did online dating I’d get TONS of matches but they’d rarely lead to anything more than a few chats here and there. Didn’t seem like they really wanted to meet up.

DSterlen

Don Juan
Reaction score
My cousin is 5'6", 120lbs skinny as a rail, no muscles whatsoever. BIG loud c*cky arrogant personality and he honestly does not give a f*ck what females think, say or do. Probably one of the loudest and often obnoxious people I know. He does just fine with the ladies, married a solid 8.5 who was 19 when he was 30. Got divorced, banged 40+ girls from Bumble/Tinder in the year after.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
I would not say that being under 6 is necessary a big barrier , but for sure the closer you are to 5 than to 6 , the more it will matter
What people have to realise is, being over 6 feet is a very small percentage of the population. The internet makes you think it's the average. Here in Sydney Australia I'm taller then most people i meet and I'm 5'9. It's even rarer to meet a taller girl which helps a lot.

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
5ft7.5 (175 cm) here, but I think my face is considered good looking (green eyes, symmetry etc)

If it weren't for the internet and dating apps, I would have never even thought about height as an issue. I have no doubt some women have rejected me due to that, but it was never apparent to me. Honestly growing up my only concern was that I wouldn't perform well at sports due to this limiting factor. But I've been always very good at basketball, so that helped.
The two hottest girls I've ever been with were of the same height as me, so taller with heels. Neither seemed to care. I think I talked about it with one of the two.

Having said that, I prefer to be taller than the girl.

Mister_Skinny_Jeanz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5'8" 165 at my best when cutting. I would say well above average in terms of muscle but I never used roids.... It's easier to get that really full bodybuilder type look when you are short.
yup , my brother is 5'7 and looks ****IN JACKED Only weights 130 bro but you would swear he like 200. when he gets up to 160 he looks like zeus

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My son is 5’8”. He’s trim, muscular & athletic. Fast as a whip. He loves to dress like something out of GQ, he’s socially adroit, masculine, confident and brash. He holds his own hanging with my friends, who all love him. He’s very good looking & girls dig him, although he’s in the second year long plus LTR of his life. He’s a cool young man. Lots of swagger and is respected among his peers. He is an accomplished saxophone player and is studying mechanical engineering at uni. He’s 18. If he’s done growing he’s cool, although all the men on both sides were 6ft plus except his dad at 5’11”. He’s probably gonna lose his hair, which sucks, but it is what it is. He works with what he’s given...which is a lot.