Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Would a girl I met once 2 years ago remember me?

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went on a double date so to speak 2 years ago. The outing lasted about 2 hours.

I started talking to this girl again under a different persona and she wants to meet me.

I'm thinking of growing out some facial hair and maybe having a different hair style. Do you think she'd remember me?

We met only one time ever 2 years ago...

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it was a 10-15 minute cold approach 2 years ago, you'd safely be forgotten by most women. There's a decent chance she'll remember a 2 hour date from 2 years ago. 2 hours is a long time. While she probably won't remember a lot of the specifics of the date, she'll remember the general feeling at the end of the 2 hours.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it was a 10-15 minute cold approach 2 years ago, you'd safely be forgotten by most women. There's a decent chance she'll remember a 2 hour date from 2 years ago. 2 hours is a long time. While she probably won't remember a lot of the specifics of the date, she'll remember the general feeling at the end of the 2 hours.
Yeah so just to clarify, it was a double date sort of thing. Me and my girl, and someone I know and his girl (who is my target). They have since broke up..

So yeah we were together for about 2 hours, but it wasn't an individual date type thing.

You think she will remember?

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You had better have a reply handy for when she remembers you. Like "I was hoping you'd remember me". Because
If you show up in a trench coat with a beard wearing dark sunglasses, could be construed as Mega Creepy!

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You had better have a reply handy for when she remembers you. Like "I was hoping you'd remember me". Because
If you show up in a trench coat with a beard wearing dark sunglasses, could be construed as Mega Creepy!
Haha. Yeah I mean I would deny the hell out of it. If there was a good chance she'd remember me I wouldn't go through with it. That is what I'm trying to assess.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah so just to clarify, it was a double date sort of thing. Me and my girl, and someone I know and his girl (who is my target). They have since broke up..

So yeah we were together for about 2 hours, but it wasn't an individual date type thing.
So you want to hit on the ex-girlfriend of some acquaintance of yours?

Not a good idea.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I find her attractive. They are done. What's the problem?
1. The "someone you know" will be pisssed at you for going after his ex. It's probably going to sever that relationship. You'd better hope that man is a low level acquaintance and not one of your close friends or even a 2nd tier friend.

2. There's no guarantee that this woman will find you attractive.

3. You're approaching her through an internet dating website or swipe app. It'd be one thing if you ran into her in some real life manner, like at the grocery store. Getting her number at a grocery store or out in public somewhere would be more understandable than doing this through the use of some sort of technology.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. The "someone you know" will be pisssed at you for going after his ex. It's probably going to sever that relationship. You'd better hope that man is a low level acquaintance and not one of your close friends or even a 2nd tier friend.

2. There's no guarantee that this woman will find you attractive.

3. You're approaching her through an internet dating website or swipe app. It'd be one thing if you ran into her in some real life manner, like at the grocery store. Getting her number at a grocery store or out in public somewhere would be more understandable than doing this through the use of some sort of technology.
I appreciate the response, all valid points.

1. He is not a close friend. He would never find out though. They don't keep in touch at all and are in different states.

2. Yes, you are absolutely right that she may not find me attractive. She actually is into guys that have facial hair and I'm clean shaven. So I figured I'd try growing facial hair to see if it gives me a shot while also disguising me a bit.

3. So it all comes down to whether she'd remember me or not. If she doesn't remember me then the current narrative fits. If she does the worst that could happen is she finds out who my wifey is and tells her. I'd hope the chances of her doing that are low but that's why I want to see the probability of her remembering me.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be prepared for the "You look familiar" line. People often remain in our subconscious for a long time. I recommend saying "we must have known each other in a past life. Perhaps we were lovers then, or not and this is our chance to reconnect?"

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be prepared for the "You look familiar" line. People often remain in our subconscious for a long time. I recommend saying "we must have known each other in a past life. Perhaps we were lovers then, or not and this is our chance to reconnect?"
Yeah I was anticipating that.. that's a response... What do you think the chances are she'll remember me and the event? All we did they day was sit at a table and talk over drinks.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at it this way...If she DOES remember you and still agreed to go out, consider it to be in the PLUS column and just go with it. Don't bring it up unless she does. it could be in your favor... oh "Rey, i thought you were SOOOO CUTE...."

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at it this way...If she DOES remember you and still agreed to go out, consider it to be in the PLUS column and just go with it. Don't bring it up unless she does. it could be in your favor... oh "Rey, i thought you were SOOOO CUTE...."
She definitely thinks this is a whole new persona she is talking to. If she did remember me she'll remember I was engaged and could dig..

It probably isn't worth the hassle but I being able to pull something like this off would make me smile.

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not just be direct? Even if you were to pull it off, the whole "pretending we've never met" thing just seems a bit too try-hard, considering your 2 hours with her in the past probably isn't even relevant to what's happening right now.

If she finds out that you've known her all this time, she might put you in some kind of borderline catfishing/creep category.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not just be direct? Even if you were to pull it off, the whole "pretending we've never met" thing just seems a bit too try-hard, considering your 2 hours with her in the past probably isn't even relevant to what's happening right now.

If she finds out that you've known her all this time, she might put you in some kind of borderline catfishing/creep category.
Because I've been with someone else for years lol

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oddly enough I've had women I didn't even date and met once remember me after two years, so I asked them out but no date
Interesting.. this is actual proof of potential probability.

What was the scenario you met them in and then later asked them out years later?

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there's a high chance she'll remember. For example, I don't even really know you or met you in person, but I think I vaguely remember in a thread years ago that you've mentioned your username stands for your real name backwards.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there's a high chance she'll remember. For example, I don't even really know you or met you in person, but I think I vaguely remember in a thread years ago that you've mentioned your username stands for your real name backwards.
That's remembering something you read versus physical rememberance though..