Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

World cup 2022

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1-1 between Wales and the US.

England crushed Iran about 6-2.

I think England wrecks us in a match given how we played against Wales today, should have been 2-1 Wales.

We play England and probably get hammered worse than Pelosi's husband. Then we play Iran after a tie with Wales and a big loss against England. Oh man I am lucky to not be at that game given the politics involved between us and the Iranians along with the emotional intensity that comes with sports in general. Our fans, despite the US not being good at world football at all, get way too emotionally invested in the game and they hate us over in Iran.

That is going to be a crazy one given that we are going to lose to England by at least a few goals.
America can use some succes during the world cup tho, to popularize soccer. Look what just happened; a country with 3 million people managed to draw against a nation with 330 million people.

USA needs to produce 11 star players. Or 6. But that will ne hard of you see how the average American man looks at the game.

To even produce 6 star players you will need millions of kids playing the game DAILY and then get the best talents and move them to Europe.
USA encapsulated my gripes with the sport. No one gives a damn how much time you possess the bell if you don’t fvcking score! Too much cutesy shvt in the last third of the field and not enough shots. USA looks allergic to shooting. Put the goddam ball on net!!
They played pretty " modern" first half. Carefully trying to keep possessions, and slowly tire your opponent out. They just lack creativity in the midfield, and the defense is kinda sloppy.

1-0 up makes a team complacent . But yeah ,both teams made it an ugly match.

Last edited:

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
America can use some succes during the world cup tho, to popularize soccer. Look what just happened; a country with 3 million people managed to draw against a nation with 330 million people.

USA needs to produce 11 star players. Or 6. But that will ne hard of you see how the average American man looks at the game.

To even produce 6 star players you will need millions of kids playing the game DAILY and then get the best talents and mo e them to Europe.
Nah, world football is already the most popular sport in the world and growing more popular in the US every year. The newer generation is more international and appreciates the beautiful game. The love for the sport amongst Americans has only grown in previous decades. Now on to the discussion itself.

The US is surely trying to get good at World Football, you see more American players trying to play in the top Euro clubs like Juve and Chelsea. However, I think that this World Cup is going to be the same ole same ole. I could see the US squeaking out of this group although nothing is a given. However, I do not see us making it competitive against the likes of an England, Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Netherlands, and so forth.

I see our ceiling as being getting past the Round of 16 and then losing after that. However, after seeing the performance today, I won't be shocked if we get kicked out of group stage.

Pulisic is also a baby after watching today's match.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love Bill Burr and Andrew (something) jokes on the Men "Soccer" World Football...in short: finally a sport where US Women win more than the men, lol.

How come U-K has 2 teams? Whale, England.

Canada presence for the first time since the existence of the country!

go france

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How come U-K has 2 teams? Whale, England.
we have more than that, Scotland and Ireland aswell plus Northern Island

basically the other surrounding countries hate us, if you are english and end up on holiday with a scotsman. He will proceed to tell you about the Battle of Mclohpopppflon 1397AD where we slaughtered their wives and children.........

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow Argentina lost against Saudi Arabia! That's the first mayor upset this tournament.

I always say the underdog basically has the advantage the moment the game starts. 0-0 is a more then desirable result for the underdog. Add to that that nowedays most teams know how to put up a good defense, and the longer the game remains 0-0 the more they start to believe in a good outcome.

People made some good money betting on the game . The pressure on Messi and co will be unbearable. Two wins are mandatory now. I love it!

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Messi is 36 he won’t carry this country to a World Cup like maradonna did. I lost money on Argentina ffs they are useless. To be fair Saudi have a good defence even in qualifying.

I think Brazil or France will win, Brazil if they play Jesus and Martinelli with Neymar. Maybe England we have a strong team if we play 4 at the back, Netherlands looked weak against Senegal, who are unlucky not to have Mane. No real striker, Gakpo isn’t that great Depay and Begwijn are basic.

USA played well, Wales played poor, I think Wales make it out of the group just down to experience and football know-how, they looked much better second half (I had money on 2-1 Wales).

Agree with all vax sentiments, players and fans were collapsing left right and centre last year and early this year. You couldn’t watch a game without pause for medical assistance in the crowd.

“Died suddenly” movie came out last night, a good watch.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What country has the prettiest women?
I got Iran and Argentina so far. Honorable mention to Mexico. What do you guys think?

Edit: normally I also love Polish women.

Reactions: Von

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Messi is 36 he won’t carry this country to a World Cup like maradonna did. I lost money on Argentina ffs they are useless. To be fair Saudi have a good defence even in qualifying.

I think Brazil or France will win, Brazil if they play Jesus and Martinelli with Neymar. Maybe England we have a strong team if we play 4 at the back, Netherlands looked weak against Senegal, who are unlucky not to have Mane. No real striker, Gakpo isn’t that great Depay and Begwijn are basic.

USA played well, Wales played poor, I think Wales make it out of the group just down to experience and football know-how, they looked much better second half (I had money on 2-1 Wales).

Agree with all vax sentiments, players and fans were collapsing left right and centre last year and early this year. You couldn’t watch a game without pause for medical assistance in the crowd.

“Died suddenly” movie came out last night, a good watch.
Some nations use the world cup as a commercial window to expose national talent and thus increase the overall value of the national competition. Holland left some international experienced players at home for no reason, players like Djunama from villareal, or Summerfield from leads United, who scored multiple games in a row in the Premiere league.

Poland has a Serie B players in the starting 11 ffs. Shows that the champions league is like 5 levels above the world cup, but the WC experience stays unique in his own way.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Argentina losing to Saudi Arabia was honestly inexcusable...

Outshoot them 15-3, possession 70-30 in their favor, 3 goals disallowed in the first 35 minutes due to being offsides, one from VAR...

Just a terrible result for them.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Some nations use the world cup as a commercial window to expose national talent and thus increase the overall value of the national competition. Holland left some international experienced players at home for no reason, players like Djunama from villareal, or Summerfield from leads United, who scored multiple games in a row in the Premiere league.

Poland has a Serie B players in the starting 11 ffs. Shows that the champions league is like 5 levels above the world cup, but the WC experience stays unique in his own way.
With such a short time frame of play, sometimes chemistry and fit together simply beats talent.

There isn't much time to find that type of chemistry, you only are guaranteed 3 games. Not like a league team where you can work on developing it over the course of a long season.

Also potential of needing different types of players for different roles instead of the same type of players that might not fit into a role they could need to play at some point.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Summerville had a good few games, and looks a good player, but his current form came out of nowhere and he's never been capped at Senior level, I don't think Louis van Gaal really had time to assess him. He's one for the future.

Poland are a weak team now only Lewa, Szczesny and Krychowiak are any good (imo).

Teams do put more effort into WC games, more passion and heart. Look at Saudi Arabia's defence this morning, incredible scenes.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also love Polish women.
One came to work at a warehouse with me in the Uk, around 2 years back. So soft and feminine, with a real 1940s figure on her. positive behind the eyes aswell, used to giggle to everything. I get aroused thinking about her

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Japan smash and grab on Germany.

Canada currently dominating Belgium, t Canada looks like winning. Canada should escape the group, Davies looks like a man possessed. Can't believe Junior Hoilett is still kicking ball.

Just as I post this Batshuayi scores against the run of play, still backing Canada.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Japan smash and grab on Germany.

Canada currently dominating Belgium, t Canada looks like winning. Canada should escape the group, Davies looks like a man possessed. Can't believe Junior Hoilett is still kicking ball.

Just as I post this Batshuayi scores against the run of play, still backing Canada.
Canada surprised me! Looks like Belgium is playing in the white shirts ffs.

I already gave a honorable mention to Japan, and not without reason. Annoying team to face like you guys said they somehow get better playing for the National Team.

Spain was just way too much for Costa Rica. History repeats; the Spanish folks have no mercy for anything coming from south America lol.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me and you agreeing on something, that's a first. I played American Football in high school and from an area that produces a lot of Division 1 + NFL Talent. The average football player has such awful cardio and that they cannot run around for more than 20 minutes. Football itself is 70% commercial breaks anyways. Even a friend of mines who does MMA, including with UFC pros in some training camps, says that soccer tends to produce a lot of MMA talent as well due to the balance it teaches you. Did you know guys like Conor McGregor, Anderson Silva, and even Khabib were soccer players before they were killing it in the UFC? However, they were not good enough to go pro.

However, the Americans that clown on soccer are dying out. It is most Boomers and try-hard small town/suburban edgelords that couldn't get a college scholarship for their sport (or got one for a D3 school). Real recognize real and a lot of the best in the NFL and the NBA look up to soccer stars like Ronaldo and Messi. Soccer is catching on BIG TIME in the USA. Even in Atlanta, the movement behind Atlanta United was unreal and the whole city at one point cared about them more than they did the Falcons.
It's a travesty that the USA is so pi33poor in soccer. For the 2018 World Cup, all they had to do was beat Trinidad to make it to the tournament, and they couldn't do it :oops:. So far in 2022, they barely escaped with a tie against Wales.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What country has the prettiest women?
From my experience, based purely on aesthetics alone....The Balkans, Eastern Europe, and South America lay waste to the competition. Chile, Colombia, Venezuela, Argentina, and Uruguay have a lot of hot girls amongst the Latinas.

Poland dominates Eastern Europe but I love Hungarian and Czech girls a lot, they pull that black hair and lighter eyes look off like fire.

However, I am glad that Italy got eliminated from this World Cup, don't have to see butter faces in the crowd anymore.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a travesty that the USA is so pi33poor in soccer. For the 2018 World Cup, all they had to do was beat Trinidad to make it to the tournament, and they couldn't do it :oops:. So far in 2022, they barely escaped with a tie against Wales.
Well ,Canada ffs gave yall the right example today..technically they lack a lot of qualities, but man, their work rate is off the chain! 3 decent forward players combined with 7(minus keeper) hard working players = problems for the frontrunner.

Canada gained a few fans today. Belgium by the way is washed up. Meunier, alderwereld, vertonghen, witzel , all players who were really promising, but didn't deliver. Only KDB and Courtous are real top players. Talent wise they are always dangerous. When everything clicks they might surprise every team. But today , if it was a boxing match with a jury score, Canada won.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lolz how is soccer better than the Special Olympics? If you're going to restrict your limbs, I'd at least want to use my hands. Just sayin'...lolz

Again, soccer is only the world's most popular sport because the rest of the world is either poor or full of puzzies.

It is a testament to the power of (bad) tradition. To be fair it probably does have a place as a niche sport. Some dudes like to kick I guess.

Last edited: