Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Will a Rolex Get You Laid? Will a Rolex Help You Get a Longer Term Girlfriend?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me, the hierarchy would be Home > Car > Watch.
I agree with the hierarchy. I would put home furnishings and home electronics as a part of home. It's good to have a relatively modern TV set as the primary TV set. If a TV set gets too old but is still functional, it can be moved to another room if one's home is spacious enough. This is more difficult for the bachelor in a 1 bedroom apartment. An aging primary TV set can be moved to the bedroom, but it is less than ideal to have a TV set in the bedroom.

There are even fashion accessories that you can put ahead of a watch. Shoes for instance. You could get some Bruno Magli shoes for $300-$500 right now. A basic pre-owned steel Rolex (which won't be as effective as a gold Rolex) will run around $5,000 - $5,500 right now. Going to an upscale lounge with some Bruno Magli shoes, a solid dress shirt, and a nice pair of pants could be around $700. You could get some impressive clothes and shoes for nightlife venue game for the cost of one steel Rolex. That might even impress women more than solely the Rolex.

I don’t think it’s worth putting yourself into debt to get things to impress women.
I disagree. It depends how much debt.

Some men have two primary options in conventional dating. They can use possessions to attract women or they can go without sex. All men pay for sex indirectly in conventional dating.

If your looks are on point, you're less likely to need money game. Going from a 7 to an 8.5 on looks means you won't need to use money as much. A 7 is an above average looking guy and he'll still likely need to use money.

When a man reaches 35-40, it's more difficult to win purely on looks. Money does become more of a factor in middle age. Men can compete effectively on looks alone until about 35-40.

Starting in the 35-40 range, there are fewer men who can attract solely on looks. There are some 35+ archetypes that can compete on looks alone, but its rare and almost non-existent after 50.

Money ages better than looks.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a man has a Rolex, it needs to work in conjunction with other possessions. It needs to work with his home and car. The Rolex isn't as big of a priority as the home, its furnishings, and the car.
It's a fairly common thing for young people to get a cool car that they can't really afford. It would be stupid to get a Rolex if you can't really afford it. That said, I would think a cool car would get you laid faster than a watch. At least a cool car can be fun, and she can share in the fun because she gets to ride in it.

I remember once I had a 4x4 truck and it was struggling to get up a snowy ramp. I kicked the four wheel drive in, and it tore right up the ramp. The girl I had with me said "I think I just got wet".

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
There are even fashion accessories that you can put ahead of a watch. Shoes for instance. You could get some Bruno Magli shoes for $300-$500 right now.
pshaw Edgar Allens, Ferregamo, Tom Ford in the same vein, and ferchrissakes do NOT buy Ferregamo loafers, Jesus Christ…

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I remember once I had a 4x4 truck and it was struggling to get up a snowy ramp. I kicked the four wheel drive in, and it tore right up the ramp. The girl I had with me said "I think I just got wet".
Lmfao!

You could solve that with an AWD, (as the owner of a mudslinger 4x4 diesel and a car equipped with 4Matic,) depending on the type of date I’d choose which to take, but mostly would take the sedan.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would think a cool car would get you laid faster than a watch. At least a cool car can be fun, and she can share in the fun because she gets to ride in it.
I agree. The advantage of the Rolex is that you can take a Rolex into to a bar or non-bar venue and show it off in the initial approach. That's more difficult to do with a car, unless you happen to hold the car keys in your hand to show off a logo.

That seems great!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could solve that with an AWD, (as the owner of a mudslinger 4x4 diesel and a car equipped with 4Matic,) depending on the type of date I’d choose which to take, but mostly would take the sedan.
As I'm sure you know, RWD trucks are terrible to drive in slippery conditions, that's why you have to put weight back there if you have one. But I currently have a front wheel drive sedan, and I've never been stuck in it, it plows through snow like anything. Of course, our winters aren't as snowy as they used to be.

I agree. The advantage of the Rolex is that you can take a Rolex into to a bar or non-bar venue and show it off in the initial approach. That's more difficult to do with a car, unless you happen to hold the car keys in your hand to show off a logo.
Fair point.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the hierarchy. I would put home furnishings and home electronics as a part of home. It's good to have a relatively modern TV set as the primary TV set. If a TV set gets too old but is still functional, it can be moved to another room if one's home is spacious enough. This is more difficult for the bachelor in a 1 bedroom apartment. An aging primary TV set can be moved to the bedroom, but it is less than ideal to have a TV set in the bedroom.

There are even fashion accessories that you can put ahead of a watch. Shoes for instance. You could get some Bruno Magli shoes for $300-$500 right now. A basic pre-owned steel Rolex (which won't be as effective as a gold Rolex) will run around $5,000 - $5,500 right now. Going to an upscale lounge with some Bruno Magli shoes, a solid dress shirt, and a nice pair of pants could be around $700. You could get some impressive clothes and shoes for nightlife venue game for the cost of one steel Rolex. That might even impress women more than solely the Rolex.

I disagree. It depends how much debt.

Some men have two primary options in conventional dating. They can use possessions to attract women or they can go without sex. All men pay for sex indirectly in conventional dating.

If your looks are on point, you're less likely to need money game. Going from a 7 to an 8.5 on looks means you won't need to use money as much. A 7 is an above average looking guy and he'll still likely need to use money.

When a man reaches 35-40, it's more difficult to win purely on looks. Money does become more of a factor in middle age. Men can compete effectively on looks alone until about 35-40.

Starting in the 35-40 range, there are fewer men who can attract solely on looks. There are some 35+ archetypes that can compete on looks alone, but its rare and almost non-existent after 50.

Money ages better than looks.
I agree with the point about some men needing to use money. However, I want to clarify a bit on my point here…

I don’t think that leveraging debt to get women is a sustainable strategy. Yeah, you can get the nice car and luxury items, but at some point, you’re going to hit a point where your creditors demand you pay them back. You’re going to be stuck.

At that point, I think it would be better to just work really hard and have the money if that’s your strategy. And leave the assh0le creditors from hell out of it.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t think that leveraging debt to get women is a sustainable strategy. Yeah, you can get the nice car and luxury items, but at some point, you’re going to hit a point where your creditors demand you pay them back. You’re going to be stuck.

At that point, I think it would be better to just work really hard and have the money if that’s your strategy. And leave the assh0le creditors from hell out of it.
It is a good idea for a man to live within his means. Many people don't live within their means.

There are plenty of stories of men living beyond their means in an effort to attract, seduce, and retain some women. I have a quick example below.

One place where men live beyond their means to try to impress women is in Scottsdale, Arizona (suburb of Phoenix). Scottsdale men of multiple ages (typically ranging from 20s-50s) use this tactic with the commonly found shallow, materialistic women who spend time in Scottsdale (typically at night in the Old Town Scottsdale bars). In general, the Phoenix area doesn't have a lot of good corporate jobs so a lot of white collar men go into debt to look the part to impress women. When something happens, like a recession hits, these men are exposed as phonies quickly. Repo trucks were everywhere in Scottsdale in 2007-2009 when the Great Recession hit.

I want to be clear that this happens everywhere, not just Phoenix-Scottsdale. Scottsdale is the most shallow and image oriented place in Metro Phoenix. If anyone wants to talk about the Phoenix-Scottsdale specific parts of this, I've expanded upon it in the Phoenix Scene thread.

When men live beyond their means, they are buying a lot of stuff. A Rolex or other expensive watch may be a part of the look. Cars are commonly a part of overspending. Housing may be a part of overspending. Home furnishings too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
  1. Game is for getting vag.
  2. Money is for you, not for getting vag
  3. You is more valuable than random vag
Therefore In would say:
stocks,ETFs,bonds,rental units, businesses eg. Assets > home > car,rolex,boat and other liabilities.

Especially bad debt is something that really keeps you poor and you know it in your heart when you drive that brand new car you bought on credit.

And if you are into LTR:s this is good screening tool:

Chick that you get because of your liabilities is the wife that will keep you forever poor. No matter your income she wil make you waste it all.

..but the chick that thinks that your rental units are cool.. well thats a whole different story.. ;)

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
  1. Game is for getting vag.
  2. Money is for you, not for getting vag
  3. You is more valuable than random vag
Money is one component of Game. Game is any combination of looks, money, status, and personality.

Money can be used to acquire possessions to get vag in conventional dating.

Acquiring a Rolex can be considered a means of getting vag.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With so many replicas / copies / 'homages' of Rolex watches, most women will assume your Rolex is as fake as you are, unless you're willing and able to take her for a spin in your Lamborghini to your Mediterranean yacht.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
One place where men live beyond their means to try to impress women is in Scottsdale, Arizona (suburb of Phoenix). Scottsdale men of multiple ages (typically ranging from 20s-50s) use this tactic with the commonly found shallow, materialistic women who spend time in Scottsdale (typically at night in the Old Town Scottsdale bars).
The scene on the weekends at the W in Scottsdale about 7 years ago was absurd, guys valeting theirs h3's, and low-budget hoebillies rolling out of them...the pool scene was ridiculous. I usually stayed at W's when I traveled a lot, in most cities it is a great boutique hotel, the one in Scottsdale DEFINED kitsch. I relocated my stays to the Desert Ridge Marriot - 5 bars IN the resort - and a much better, and healthier pool scene.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the one in Scottsdale DEFINED kitsch.
That sounds very Scottsdale. The W Scottsdale is in Old Town Scottsdale, which is known for a lot of posturing.

Old Town Scottsdale guys are trying so hard to do whatever it takes to impress women. It's often some combination of money or fitness/muscle. There is a lot of phoniness and insecurity among men who go to places in Scottsdale.

The areas around Maya Dayclub, Bottled Blonde, El Hefe, Hi Fi, and Riot House are typical Scottsdale fake and kitsch. Both tourists and locals go to those places. In the late 1990s-2000s, that general area had similar fake and kitsch bars under different names.

It would be typical behavior for a guy to wear a Rolex to an Old Town Scottsdale nightlife venue and do everything he could to get women to notice his Rolex.

I relocated my stays to the Desert Ridge Marriot - 5 bars IN the resort - and a much better, and healthier pool scene.
Desert Ridge is North Phoenix and a little bit more subdued. Almost all Phoenix venues have a little bit less of the extreme fake and posturing behavior of Scottsdale.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I am too redneck to ever wear a Rolex. I can’t even say I would recognize one if I saw it.

Reaction score
Money is one component of Game. Game is any combination of looks, money, status, and personality.

Money can be used to acquire possessions to get vag in conventional dating.

Acquiring a Rolex can be considered a means of getting vag.
( I refer to the game as pu/seduction-, social- and psychological manipulation skills. Of course there are other things that increase your SMV as you mentioned. We could start another thread on this interesting topic.)

The first thing here is:

Spending money for liabilities to impress chicks is sad short term decision, because in longer term it keeps you poor. Which eventually makes yor SMV even lower than it is- > although really common phenomenon, this is stupid as fvck.

There's a trap of falling to provider frame instead of lover frame. With provider frame everything is more complicated and difficult. You get stupid waiting games and things like that. And from the get go you are labelled as low value guy who has to pay for vag instead of being a high value guy she wants to break all the rules to Fvck. So skip this afc/beta supplication -frame.

If you are wealthy and into LTR:s then it's even more critically important to careful with displaying that wealth. You might bag a gold digger with better game than you have -> your will be crushed.

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a trap of falling to provider frame instead of lover frame. With provider frame everything is more complicated and difficult. You get stupid waiting games and things like that. And from the get go you are labelled as low value guy who has to pay for vag instead of being a high value guy she wants to break all the rules to Fvck. So skip this afc/beta supplication -frame.
Be a sex machine, not an ATM. :cool:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spending money for liabilities to impress chicks is sad short term decision, because in longer term it keeps you poor. Which eventually makes yor SMV even lower than it is- > although really common phenomenon, this is stupid as fvck.

Men considering buying Rolexes and other status symbol type brands are usually at least middle class. These are middle class + guys with bachelor's degrees and white collar jobs who aren't satisfied with the results from their romantic interactions.

There are plenty of men willing to buy something like a Rolex, a BMW, or a Mercedes-Benz in order to improve results with women.

Owning some status symbol brands might turn a rejection into provider frame. While provider frame is a more difficult place, it is better than lacking attention at all and getting every in-person approach turn into a rejection. Provider frame > incel/borderline incel

If a man owns status symbol brands, then he's going to need at least mediocre social skills. Below average social skills will mean that the man will need even more money to offset the poor social skills.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is Rolex the name of a company? Any watch made by Rolex is a Rolex?

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With so many replicas / copies / 'homages' of Rolex watches, most women will assume your Rolex is as fake as you are, unless you're willing and able to take her for a spin in your Lamborghini to your Mediterranean yacht.
Depends on different factors

Generally speaking the Rolex is the last item you get, after the car crib ,clothes ect.

Its pointless to wear a Rolex while you live in a ghetto azz apartment, or you wear Walmart clothes that don't fit or drive a beat up car.

But if you look the part, a fake 400 dollar Rolex might definitely finish the job.

But yeah, before a man reaches that level he must still be SOMEWHAT financially stable/ well off..

Men considering buying Rolexes and other status symbol type brands are usually at least middle class. These are middle class + guys with bachelor's degrees and white collar jobs who aren't satisfied with the results from their romantic interactions.

There are plenty of men willing to buy something like a Rolex, a BMW, or a Mercedes-Benz in order to improve results with women.

Owning some status symbol brands might turn a rejection into provider frame. While provider frame is a more difficult place, it is better than lacking attention at all and getting every in-person approach turn into a rejection. Provider frame > incel/borderline incel

If a man owns status symbol brands, then he's going to need at least mediocre social skills. Below average social skills will mean that the man will need even more money to offset the poor social skills.
The problem is that these items WON'T magically give you more game. We can just look at the endless celebrities who get played.

And these are men with serious long money. The AFC only gets more AFC once he learns that the expensive items don't do shyte for him.

I think a broke man with confidence will always be ahead of an insecure man with expensive items. Ofcourse they can go hand in hand, but that's why "she" might still cheat on you with cool surfer, bar dude, bass player ect. ( alpha fuxx beta buxxx)

A man must find a place of peace where he is satisfied with himself regardless of what women think of him. The Rolex will just be a really short boost, and when such a man gets dumped for " the cool broke dude " his entire life/ believe system will collapse.