Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Will a Rolex Get You Laid? Will a Rolex Help You Get a Longer Term Girlfriend?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Rolex is one of the most prestigious brands. To get a Rolex time piece, expect to spend more than $8,000.

While there are other watch brands, Rolex is the one most well known.

If a man isn't getting laid and is struggling in swiping/approaching, how much difference will a ~$10,000 Rolex make in terms of attracting women initially? How much difference will it make in terms of obtaining a girlfriend?

I've never had a Rolex. I was gifted a better than average watch at college graduation but not comparable to Rolex. That watch has never gotten me any female attention. This is a watch that retailed at over $1,000 in the mid-2000s. A Rolex in the mid-2000s was at least $6,000-$7,000 for the sake of comparison.

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are putting yourself out there and being assertive then yes.
The Rolex Romeos in that NY Post article from 2013 thought they were putting themselves out there and being assertive.

The first guy, the 53 year old surgeon, likely perceived he needed an $80,000 Cartier brand time piece because he wasn't getting enough attention based on his surgeon job alone. His goal was to have a girlfriend.

It's difficult for me to determine how much a Rolex would make a difference for a guy who goes out and approaches strangers or a guy who swipes like a maniac on at least 2 apps and sets up some first dates. Will that Rolex on his Bumble/Hinge first date get him laid more X% percentage more often or get him second dates X% more often?

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the UK, owning a Rolex is likely to make you a victim of diversity at knifepoint.
Plenty of people getting jacked for their bling in London, especially footballer types.
Would just attract gold diggers and thieves. I'd rather wear a £12 Casio digital watch.
Then again, I'm not a jewellery kind of guy unless said jewellery goes through my body,
Titanium and surgical stainless steel are the best for this and ultimately worthless, I'm
100% certain nobody would want my black anodised c0ckring and captive ball earrings.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are certain types of girls that respond to high dollar watches. They hang out in upscale bars looking for easy targets. At best they are good for pump and dump.

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I do like a nice watch, and have a bit of a collection... But Rolex....
Just too much money for me - and if I had the money to splash 6k to 10k on a watch, it wouldn't be a Rolex - I'd get an IWC Flieger.

'Money-no object' I'd have a J-L-C Polaris as a 'daily', and an Patek-Philippe dress watch (a Calatrava)

My daily beater is a Laco 'Flieger', which I love - but cost less than a grand a few years ago - And I can wear it without fear of being robbed for it.
The only attention it gets from other people, are usually guys who know about watches.

Reaction score
The Rolex Romeos in that NY Post article from 2013 thought they were putting themselves out there and being assertive.

The first guy, the 53 year old surgeon, likely perceived he needed an $80,000 Cartier brand time piece because he wasn't getting enough attention based on his surgeon job alone. His goal was to have a girlfriend.

It's difficult for me to determine how much a Rolex would make a difference for a guy who goes out and approaches strangers or a guy who swipes like a maniac on at least 2 apps and sets up some first dates. Will that Rolex on his Bumble/Hinge first date get him laid more X% percentage more often or get him second dates X% more often?
Well he must suck because a 10k rolex would definitely benefit me in the dating game.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my thinking is everything helps. so a Rolex would. however, for most men, an $8k watch won’t make enough of a difference to be worth it.

espanish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There are certain types of girls that respond to high dollar watches. They hang out in upscale bars looking for easy targets. At best they are good for pump and dump.
this
if you want the type of woman who has done a nose job, injected garbage in her lips, and 50% of the words she uses is "like" then a rolex could help.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't worn a watch since I got one robbed at gunpoint when I was 17. And it wasn't a nice one either. Since then I just check the time on my phone.

There's no way I'd buy a rolex even if I was completely loaded. I have no desire to make myself a target for gold digging wh0res or armed robbers.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ll stick with my Apple Watch 6. I’m too cheap to even upgrade to an 8.lol

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By the time any dude should be able to comfortably afford Rolexes (being able to buy them casually like they're candy bars), it becomes irrelevant. Having a Rolex without also having a Rolls Royce is kind of like when guys have nice cars but live in sh1t apartments. You'll initially get the attention of women, but be sniffed out in due time.

BriBri

Don Juan
Reaction score
...like when guys have nice cars but live in sh1t apartments. You'll initially get the attention of women, but be sniffed out in due time.
This happens all the time in my 'neck of the woods'. Posers will pose :rolleyes:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you want the type of woman who has done a nose job, injected garbage in her lips, and 50% of the words she uses is "like" then a rolex could help.
You forgot to mention her tattoos or pets owned. She also might be a single mom.

I’ll stick with my Apple Watch 6. I’m too cheap to even upgrade to an 8.lol
Smart watches are really affecting the lower end of watch market. Time pieces that typically retail over $1,000 are not being tremendously affected by the smart watch since the $1,000+ market has different buying needs. A watch that currently retails at $1,000-$2,000 is a nice watch but considered a piece of junk compared to an $8,000-$20,000 Rolex.

my thinking is everything helps. so a Rolex would. however, for most men, an $8k watch won’t make enough of a difference to be worth it.
This is important, as there are often other factors at play. However, remember that one of Eliot Rodger's grievances was the fact he drove a reasonably new BMW 328 and was not getting girls to flock to him. He also wasn't doing approaches either. A BMW 3 Series costs more than a Rolex but Rolex has more prestige as a luxury brand in its category as compared to BMW's level of prestige in its category.

Yes, if you give a woman a Rolex she will **** you. She will also entertain at least a mid-term relationship (6-12 months). When relationship is over she will not return the watch. Better to buy a trip to Paris. The result will be the same but at least you’ll get a trip out of it.
This is not about gift giving. This is about owning and wearing a Rolex yourself. Your point is valid if you're planning to gift a Rolex to a woman, which I would not recommend.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the UK, owning a Rolex is likely to make you a victim of diversity at knifepoint.
Coming from some weirdo in the southwest UK, the middle of nowhere?

I've worn a Rolex in London, I live here. Most people wear fakes these days so less thieves steal watches unless like you say it's a celebrity type, and the robbing is only going to happen if you look like a victim (you), or if you are in the wrong area. Your passive racism and ignorance of my country irked me.

I bought a Submariner for £1500 years ago, from a hotel cleaner, I assume he stole it, did all the checks I could, weight, detailing etc and figured it was worth a punt.

I wore it for close to a year, felt good, got nice comments, people asked if it's fake, girls didn't seem to care too much, mostly men. I preferred my other less flashy non-Rolex chronographs and I sold the Submariner down the line for £9000.

At the time I didn't live a Rolex lifestyle I didn't own a property or even a car, so I didn't feel comfortable wearing it.

I may buy a nice watch, but being flashy really isn't in my nature.

My advice, is do not buy a watch to attract women as IME they don't care unless you have the lifestyle to go with it.

What I will say is these watching are an investment, the Hulk for example, I should have bought when I had the chance to get one cheap in 2018.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coming from some weirdo in the southwest UK, the middle of nowhere?
Born and bred in London mush, only I saw the light and got outta there.
I guarantee I'm more London than you'll ever be. Never been mugged,
beaten, robbed, stabbed or anything like it. A deep voice and a proper
London accent is like a shield of armour, none the less its turned into
a fvcking cesspool and I'm very glad to be out. Passive racism you say?
I say wide awake realism, your mileage might vary.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Born and bred in London mush, only I saw the light and got outta there.
I guarantee I'm more London than you'll ever be. Never been mugged,
beaten, robbed, stabbed or anything like it. A deep voice and a proper
London accent is like a shield of armour, none the less its turned into
a fvcking cesspool and I'm very glad to be out. Passive racism you say?
I say wide awake realism, your mileage might vary.
Well if you weren’t being racist and you’re “more London” than me you would know in the scum areas literally any race will rob you as long as they are poor. Have you seen Liverpool? No “diversity” comments needed you spanner. Enjoy Cornwall or Bristol or wherever you ran away to because you need grit and a bit about you to thrive in my city.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever you say mate, your 'hurtful' comments are funny to me.
I'm thriving just fine where I am, enough to not need to work. I grew up
in Dagenham, seen more scumbags than you've had hot dinners, a bloke
was kneecapped with a shotgun right outside my front door when I was a kid.
Your city my arse. :rofl: You should look at the papers fella, Ilford just up the
road from where I used to live saw a couple of murders recently. Couple of
'local' lads, Saydi Abu Sheikh and Zakariya Jeilani Mohamed. I'd sooner not
pay a premium to live amongst all that noise. 38 years in that part of the world
were quite enough for me.