Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why is OLD the last couple years borderline unusable??

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s definitely worse than it was 2 years ago. I keep track of how much I’ve gotten laid and I only use OLD. Numbers aren’t even close these last 2 years. Something is up

I_have_BDE

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Back in the early 2000's OLD was a great way for introverts to find each other. Now, I can't be bothered with it.
I still wouldn't consider it great. My cousin tried OLD for a time because he was divorced. This was around 2003 or so. He was about 40 or so then but what you would consider a textbook Chad looks wise. 6ft, muscular, worked out and played roller hockey and has extrovert personality. Even he didn't do well I recall. One dates and that's it. In reality he easily IRL pulled in much younger women. When he was around 38ish had a 19 year old girlfriend. She turned into a druggy eventually though but was good looking. When he was in the marines when he was in his 20s he always pulled in tons of chicks. Also has a personality even at 60 and married again he still flirts with women at gatherings.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys don't use Bumble or Tinder. Hinge is the only app worth using.
It depends where, Tinder and Bumble are used everywhere, Hinge is mainly used in North-America, it's not as popular in Europe, from my experience, maybe it has changed.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends where, Tinder and Bumble are used everywhere, Hinge is mainly used in North-America, it's not as popular in Europe, from my experience, maybe it has changed.
Hinge is popular in the UK, my friend was using it in 2017 and getting dates (I wasn’t using OLD at the time). I have never used it myself.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back in the early 2000's OLD was a great way for introverts to find each other.
I still wouldn't consider it great. My cousin tried OLD for a time because he was divorced. This was around 2003 or so. He was about 40 or so then but what you would consider a textbook Chad looks wise. 6ft, muscular, worked out and played roller hockey and has extrovert personality. Even he didn't do well I recall. One dates and that's it. In reality he easily IRL pulled in much younger women. When he was around 38ish had a 19 year old girlfriend. She turned into a druggy eventually though but was good looking. When he was in the marines when he was in his 20s he always pulled in tons of chicks. Also has a personality even at 60 and married again he still flirts with women at gatherings.
The online dating websites in the early 2000s were likely better than the swipe apps today but still not great. I'm sure there are plenty of stories similar to the story of @I_have_BDE 's brother from that era. If that guy had a lot of "one date, no sex, no second date" type interactions dating websites at that time, then a lot more men were having that same issue.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Back in the early 2000's OLD was a great way for introverts to find each other. Now, I can't be bothered with it.
There was also less emphasis on looks. There was a time where noone could use a photo.

However. VR dating might be a solution since people use avatars and any compatibility would be pure and the looks would come later.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s definitely worse than it was 2 years ago. I keep track of how much I’ve gotten laid and I only use OLD. Numbers aren’t even close these last 2 years. Something is up
When you hang around this board allot then some of the bad luck will rub off on you too.

I_have_BDE

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There was also less emphasis on looks. There was a time where noone could use a photo.

However. VR dating might be a solution since people use avatars and any compatibility would be pure and the looks would come later.
Sounds like the personals you'd see in the newspapers before online dating. I wonder how that worked? Must been for real losers. Look at the personals, meet up and the women are fat.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like the personals you'd see in the newspapers before online dating. I wonder how that worked? Must been for real losers. Look at the personals, meet up and the women are fat.
Women are fat today too. In fact everyone is.complaining about that. Before it may be a shock and try other ways but today its a dry spell buster, if at that.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People getting laid just same as usual OP. What wrong with you, you are incel??

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Apps are just there to make money. They have to keep the money coming in to pay-off the shareholders. You cant run a society like this hence it is all going end. Ofcourse a capitalist enterprise like a dating app is not going to help anyone find happiness this is the most obvious contradiction.

It will probably get worse over time as these companies will have to keep making profits and they have big marketing expenses and such so they need to recoup that from the user base, keep them coming back and keep them on the apps, it is just all about money. Overtime only the trash women and then just the trash men will remain on these apps which will only be for hookups for the bottom end of society.

Ofcourse you cannot trust an app company with no expertise in community and civilization building to intermediate in something as important as social and interpersonal relationships because these things are the pillars of a functioning society and ti can only be done by those with the correct expertise.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Women are fat today too. In fact everyone is.complaining about that. Before it may be a shock and try other ways but today its a dry spell buster, if at that.
Yeah and guys ignore the fact that they themselves are slobs too.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I_have_BDE

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a part time job a couple nights a week I do in retail. So of course lots of younger people. I never see any of the ladies on the OLD sites who work there except for this one lady in her late 30s who's obese, and borderline Downs. She's been on the apps for years. Being she's borderline she has no bf of course. Otherwise none of the ladies use it. The younger ones you'd be shocked not all go for chads and many go for normal guys. They meet them in person or at school, not OLD crap.

I_have_BDE

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah and guys ignore the fact that they themselves are slobs too.
FAR more sloppy women than men though. I'm not saying all men skinny but less men seem obese or maybe they're just a tad husky unlike the women seem to outnumber men when it comes to being fat.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I think location is important.

FAR more sloppy women than men though. I'm not saying all men skinny but less men seem obese or maybe they're just a tad husky unlike the women seem to outnumber men when it comes to being fat.