Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is Oneitis. Define.

salinechow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Given my recent posts I thought this would be a good exercise for all.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where even thinking of her literally makes your heart weak and goosebumps down your spine. Only one girl I ever encountered in my life did this to me. Where at one point you would be willing to give up everything to be with her.....hooking up with other women is like nothing compared to being with her...just a side distraction that doesn't really help.

Consider it your kryptonite. But you shoukd enjoy conquering the desire to be with them in order to get stronger...unless they are good for you ofcourse.

Builds true character and inner game.

My other game sucks...can't outtalk your average pua guy or frst guy for that matter....but my inner game is strong because of personal trials tribulations, rejections, enduring pain....conquering severe life/mental threatening insomnia and panic attacks... Martial arts....divorce and last but not least conquering my oneitis.

Last edited:

logicallefty

Reaction score
Oneitus is where one woman has enough control over you in whatever way that you act in ways that negatively alter your thought processes, actions, decisions, motivations, judgement, etc. regarding other women you may be able to be with.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have a girlfriend you have oneitis

It's usually the opposite.... You quickly get sick.of your gf...
Oneitis is that unicorn so to speak you never completely got.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rainbows, unicorns, and puppy dogs, thats what oneitis is made of. I kid! I kid!

I think oneitis is obsessing, idealizing and fantasizing in a highly unrealistic way. I'm guilty on all counts! I need to kill it, dead! It's stupid! LOL!!!

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The chick you keep obsessing about that you've posted about in 5 seperate threads and refuse to act like a man and walk away from a woman who is playing games with you and has ZERO sexual interest in you.

That's the perfect definition.

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oneitis is the mental projection of an idealized conception onto one girl who hasn't demonstrated thoroughly that she could possibly live up to that ideal, often to the exclusion of pursuing other, more tangible options--and to the exclusion of any evidence--behaviors, facts, etc.--that could possibly paint her in a less favorable light.

It usually leads to inaction--such an illusion require distance to sustain itself--and severe male hamsterization. I.e., Oh, she's not emotionally unavailable, she's just shy. Since she's shy, she probably hasn't been with many guys. She isn't responding to my texts because she just needs me to prove myself. She's not insecure and controlling--she's just been hurt in the past, etc.

Serenity

Reaction score
Oneitis is used to describe a man who focuses and pursues only one woman without her having the same interest for him, it's thus considered negative. However if she's got the same interest it's usually not defined as oneitis.

Oneitis is the same as infatuation, she's on your mind, you imagine being with her and have elevated feelings for her. Oneitis in particular is when a man fantasizes instead of acting on his feelings, he remains trapped and usually crashes horribly when the high subsides. It's exactly like a drug, feels good but is eventually very bad for you.

Xeon21

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oneitis is used to describe a man who focuses and pursues only one woman without her having the same interest for him, it's thus considered negative. However if she's got the same interest it's usually not defined as oneitis.

Oneitis is the same as infatuation, she's on your mind, you imagine being with her and have elevated feelings for her. Oneitis in particular is when a man fantasizes instead of acting on his feelings, he remains trapped and usually crashes horribly when the high subsides. It's exactly like a drug, feels good but is eventually very bad for you.
I've suffered from that before, and let me tell you that like you said, it isn't fun at all after that high wears off. There was a girl that I loved back in high school, and it continued on for so long, those feelings kept going even after that woman got married several years ago as I wasn't phased by it. Then it died down for awhile but those feelings immediately reignited when I saw her in a department store last year and we talked for awhile. It took me quite a few months but they're back under control again, plus my mother helped pound some sense into my head when she informed me that even if that girl did get divorced (which was what I was hoping for at one time as I can tell she isn't all that happy currently by what she does), I didn't need all that extra baggage that would come with her. I still think of her occasionally, but nowhere near how I used to.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
I would break it down in 2 ways:

(1) when the girl is good looking and is the only one who finds you attractive. You have to stick with this girl because you don't know how to get any other girl to find you attractive. You do anything to make it work with her.
(2) when the girl is good looking and you think (not her) that your personalities and interests match up very well. She understands you and is your soul mate. You do anything to make it work with her.

Oneitis only occurs when the girl is good looking and in shape. Who has oneitis to a girl 15 lbs overweight with glasses and bad clothes?

raider87

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's usually an infatuation of a girl you barely know. A girl that may have shown interest but you got stuck in your head, overanalysed everything and failed to act. Your gut instinct tells you to make a move but your mind is filled with self doubt from bs social conditioning so you sort of just freeze and stall until she loses all interest.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oneitis occurs when a man perceives a woman to be so unlike others, he sees her as extraordinary, an exception among women and he places her on a pedestal. In doing so, he elevates her above himself, he makes her the prize rather than himself. He makes her, his focus, rather than himself and his own life.

This pedistalized woman is also perceived to be out of his reach. She has a boyfriend, the man's love/attraction is unreciprocated, distance is the 'issue' or the man is still waiting for the right circumstances to approach her, or the pedestal is just 'too high' to overcome in his insecure view. The idea that she can't be had (yet) further fuels his focus and his desire for her even more.

As his desire increases, the more significant and special she becomes in his mind. The more significant and special she appears in his mind, the more he desires her and thus the cycle goes (until reality hits.)

Last edited: