Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Greatest Advice to Myself. [Signing off]

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do your cardio AFTER strength training seriously. You don’t want to start your strength training already worn out, at least that is if you care more about strength than cardio. Hit the weights, then rest however long you need and go cardio. To be honest, ideal way is to do cardio on the days between your strength training but don’t overdo it since you’ll be cutting. Listen to your body. You’ll naturally lose some progress you’ve made in the strength department because of the cut. Don’t worry about this. You will lift less weight but look way better.
I agree with that you mean, it's just that starting cardio worn out is something I know I won't be able to follow through.

Maybe I could make a habit of just doing cardio and then switch the order later.

Thanks for the suggestion.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best weight loss I've ever had (and the only weight loss I ever do any more) is:
1. Walking, not harder cardio. 10k to 12k steps per day. And keep in mind, my main athletic hobby is running, but running burns a lot of glycogen instead of fat and it increases your appetite and makes it harder to determine proper caloric requirements, plus your body tends to crave food harder. If I need to lose weight, I walk. If I'm at a good weight, I run because I enjoy it.
2. A diet that has all the three macros in a fairly good balance (with fat being there but on the lower end), but you eat every 3 hours (3 meals a day, 1 snack between each meal). And the key here is high fiber which keeps you full. Snacks should have at least 5g fiber, meals should have at least 10g. Snacks are around 150 cals, meals are around 400 cals. Those calorie counts are for someone who isn't lifting hard though so you would have to adjust as needed but I find I can do well with no lifting, but walking 12k steps a day on 1500 cals and not feel hungry or tired. There is an adjustment period where I might feel tired and hungry for up to a week at first but it goes away after that.
3. No alcohol

I've never done keto before so can't compare it to the above. I know people who have and who have done well on it but they were insanely strict. Like no cheating ever. Most people do keto cheat and then wonder why it isn't working.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best weight loss I've ever had (and the only weight loss I ever do any more) is:
1. Walking, not harder cardio. 10k to 12k steps per day. And keep in mind, my main athletic hobby is running, but running burns a lot of glycogen instead of fat and it increases your appetite and makes it harder to determine proper caloric requirements, plus your body tends to crave food harder. If I need to lose weight, I walk. If I'm at a good weight, I run because I enjoy it.
2. A diet that has all the three macros in a fairly good balance (with fat being there but on the lower end), but you eat every 3 hours (3 meals a day, 1 snack between each meal). And the key here is high fiber which keeps you full. Snacks should have at least 5g fiber, meals should have at least 10g. Snacks are around 150 cals, meals are around 400 cals. Those calorie counts are for someone who isn't lifting hard though so you would have to adjust as needed but I find I can do well with no lifting, but walking 12k steps a day on 1500 cals and not feel hungry or tired. There is an adjustment period where I might feel tired and hungry for up to a week at first but it goes away after that.
3. No alcohol

I've never done keto before so can't compare it to the above. I know people who have and who have done well on it but they were insanely strict. Like no cheating ever. Most people do keto cheat and then wonder why it isn't working.
Thank you for this.
The calorie meal split up is amazing, paired with 12k steps a day with a 1500 total kcal intake seems perfect.

I just feel like hard cardio has the benefit of making me more invested in following my diet.

Around 600-700 calories burnt at the treadmill itself is a great goal.

Apart from this I'm not that bad at running full half/full marathons so running comes naturally and I'm well adjusted.

Ive just gained a lot of weight very quickly due to the bulk and now I need to go on a short intense cut + a long maintenance phase.

I'll incorporate these things. First things first, gotta get a food weighing scale and a shortcut to myfitnesspal

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't tried myfitnesspal but I have used the Carb Manager app on my phone and really liked it. It's mostly for people doing keto, but works just as well for any/all other diets. The food database is great and you can add your own custom foods or meals in there. Shows you at a glance where you are on your calories and macros each day etc. You can also scan barcodes with your phone in the app to import the nutrition data automatically. Good luck with your cut!

TheProspect

Reaction score
One hour of HIIT quite frankly is not sustainable after gaining as much weight as you did (both mentally motivation wise, and physically in regards to your joints). Not to mention one hour of HIIT is completely unnecessary for pretty much anyone.

5-20 minutes of HIIT is sufficient starting out. I would even just start at 5 minute HIIT post-lifting until it becomes routine and a habit to get in your cardio after the weights. Better yet, given what your goals appear to I’d recommend only strength training 3-4 times per week (realize it will be more maintaining the strength you already have as you begin to lose more weight), HIIT 2 times per week, and steady state cardio 3 times per week. Do the HIIT after the weights or on a separate day altogether — a cardio day consisting of a 5-15 minute HIIT session followed by 20-45 of steady state cardio would be a good habit to get into.

Also, you can burn a 1000 calories in about an hour on the stairmaster if you give a moderate effort. I do it because I’m not a big fan of running and it’s easier on the joints, not to mention great cardio and if you run also you’ll notice the improved endurance transfers quite well to running endurance. I used to end my gym workouts with the stairmaster by setting it to a 10 minute timer & to max speed and going 30 seconds on and 30 seconds off until 10 minute elapses. Try that, at your weight such HIIT will be easier on the joints and 10 minutes is a short time commitment for effective results. As your cardio gets better you can gradually increase the frequency you train HIIT and duration of each session.

Regarding your diet, the best “diet” is the one you can stick to. It has to become a lifestyle, not a method to lose weight. Or else you won’t sustain said diet.

Set manageable and sustainable goals to begin with. You can become more ambitious as you develop a reputation with yourself for following through and sticking to a plan.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for this :)
One hour of HIIT quite frankly is not sustainable after gaining as much weight as you did (both mentally motivation wise, and physically in regards to your joints). Not to mention one hour of HIIT is completely unnecessary for pretty much anyone.

5-20 minutes of HIIT is sufficient starting out. I would even just start at 5 minute HIIT post-lifting until it becomes routine and a habit to get in your cardio after the weights. Better yet, given what your goals appear to I’d recommend only strength training 3-4 times per week (realize it will be more maintaining the strength you already have as you begin to lose more weight), HIIT 2 times per week, and steady state cardio 3 times per week. Do the HIIT after the weights or on a separate day altogether — a cardio day consisting of a 5-15 minute HIIT session followed by 20-45 of steady state cardio would be a good habit to get into.

Also, you can burn a 1000 calories in about an hour on the stairmaster if you give a moderate effort. I do it because I’m not a big fan of running and it’s easier on the joints, not to mention great cardio and if you run also you’ll notice the improved endurance transfers quite well to running endurance. I used to end my gym workouts with the stairmaster by setting it to a 10 minute timer & to max speed and going 30 seconds on and 30 seconds off until 10 minute elapses. Try that, at your weight such HIIT will be easier on the joints and 10 minutes is a short time commitment for effective results. As your cardio gets better you can gradually increase the frequency you train HIIT and duration of each session.

Regarding your diet, the best “diet” is the one you can stick to. It has to become a lifestyle, not a method to lose weight. Or else you won’t sustain said diet.

Set manageable and sustainable goals to begin with. You can become more ambitious as you develop a reputation with yourself for following through and sticking to a plan.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, so after years of the above, I’ve reached a place in my life with my looks, fitness, social status, money, job etc that I am currently rotating like 10-15 plates right now.

I forget women I sleep with now, or plates that I might want to maintain.

The abundance has deteriorated my appreciation or the way I used to be excited about dating and hooking up in general.

I get more excitement out of my motivations of the day, my long term goals and my purpose.

Looking back in hindsight, I should’ve included development of my emotional quotient as well, which I seem to lack.

Reminding myself that I’m a compassionate caring and humble man, and come from that place helps with EQ.

Macadellic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently was pounding away and couldn’t think what city State I was in and who I was with.

I heard an
“Are you okay baby what’s wrong?”

Then I realized what day it was
What city state I was in and who I was with

Perhaps an emotional attachment with someone that deserves it is my next step to level up with.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am here with tough news.

I’m in a chaotic place in my life. I easily spin 5-15 plates a week, I have a good job.

I’m going through a difficult time w.r.t long term relationships.

I have been neglecting working out, eating healthy and focusing on my goals due to a long term relationship in the past two years.

I want to get back on the wagon. I know I can do this. It’s new years, let’s all do something we’ve been wanting to. Baby steps.