Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So I bought the home gym. What workout regime to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Checked with the maker, and they said probably yet another 2 to 3 weeks before the part is back in stock. So it can be another month! This is BS. I want to get some muscle by summer. About to chuck this thing onto the street. I guess I will go ahead and order my stationary bike off amazon to go along with my treadmill. At least I have my treadmill to keep me slim.
Get a gym membership at a reputable chain near you. LA Fitness or Golds Gym are solid.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I will go ahead and order my stationary bike off amazon to go along with my treadmill. At least I have my treadmill to keep me slim.
For the price of a stationary bike you can get a nice weight bench and squat rack. Sounds like you're slim enough.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the manufacturer is unreasonable here. Therefore I would order another one, open the box neatly, get the pulley, close the box and return it. "Parts Missing".

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I think the manufacturer is unreasonable here. Therefore I would order another one, open the box neatly, get the pulley, close the box and return it. "Parts Missing".
It was from walmart. Not sure if they sell it directly but yea this is BS. And the pulley they sell out of warranty for 66 bucks ROFL. a hard plastic pulley. I added it up all the replacement parts for the machine they sell comes up to about 3 times the cost of it.

Golds Gym XRS 50 it is.

But how am I supposed to get fit now so I can post shirtless selfies? Women dig shirtless pics on profiles in the bathroom mirror.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But how am I supposed to get fit now so I can post shirtless selfies?
If your reason for working out was to post shirtless selfies, I'd just forget about working out. The world has enough shirtless selfies from dudes.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your reason for working out was to post shirtless selfies, I'd just forget about working out. The world has enough shirtless selfies from dudes.
Bad news. Allen and the mods have decided that starting July 1, all forum avatars must be a shirtless selfie. No exceptions. I hope biggoal gets his pulley soon! You guys had all better get to work. ;)

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the ladies here are going to take issue with the new rule, but like I said, no exceptions!

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bad news. Allen and the mods have decided that starting July 1, all forum avatars must be a shirtless selfie. No exceptions. I hope biggoal gets his pulley soon! You guys had all better get to work. ;)
you know if they want to see guys shirtless they could jsut look over the internet, or go to a beach

but the time I give for him to get hurt or forget about it is almost over and he didn't even start?

again the op would benefit a lot more from a gym, first he is green, so learning with someone would be the best, also he can meet more people there.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Well, wal-mart is 90 day return policy. If I don't have the part still when it gets closer to 90 days I will ship it back. I can ship it back freight but they will probably charge for it versus lugging the 300lb unit to a local Wal-Mart which won't be fun. If I do return it I will spend more on a better home machine than the Golds Gym one. Maybe spend $700 instead on better quality or even order one sold by Amazon which has better customer service.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would probably do that, take the loss, and move on. This is one of those things that just didn't work out, so you pay extra to eliminate the problem and move on to something better. Life dishes out a certain number of these scenarios to everybody, and

If you get a new gym, then of course you will inspect every single piece upon unpacking.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I would probably do that, take the loss, and move on. This is one of those things that just didn't work out, so you pay extra to eliminate the problem and move on to something better. Life dishes out a certain number of these scenarios to everybody, and

If you get a new gym, then of course you will inspect every single piece upon unpacking.
It was on sale for 200 regular 300 bucks so I guess that tells you something regarding quality level. Maybe also spending 600 or so for one with more weights on it would be good too so you dont outgrow it. This one only had 150lbs of weights. Problem is none of the retailers have these on display to see what the quality level is. ****s so didnt have it on display .

Sucks because I don't get the 90 dollar install refund and he couldn't put it together entirely anyway.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would look on Amazon and read reviews. However, sort the reviews by Date, instead of the default “Most helpful”.

You can get a pretty good idea of quality. decades ago I had a Marcy machine which was excellent, but a company’s quality can change pretty drastically in a few years, so current reviews will give you a fairly good idea of quality.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I would look on Amazon and read reviews. However, sort the reviews by Date, instead of the default “Most helpful”.

You can get a pretty good idea of quality. decades ago I had a Marcy machine which was excellent, but a company’s quality can change pretty drastically in a few years, so current reviews will give you a fairly good idea of quality.
The reviews for marcy was so so the newer ones. Amazon didnt directly sell it but places like ****s does. How long ago did you have the marcy?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell him to buy a weight bench, Smasher, he'll listen to you. :)
Maybe.
How do have a home gym without a weight bench?

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell him to buy a weight bench, Smasher, he'll listen to you. :)
Maybe.
How do have a home gym without a weight bench?
I still belive he will hurt himself with a somewhere safe machine, I magine he would kill himself with that one

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I still belive he will hurt himself with a somewhere safe machine, I magine he would kill himself with that one
How would I hurt myself with a basic machine if I start off using light weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.