Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So I bought the home gym. What workout regime to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Sucks. I would check all the other ones very carefully and also, can you at least obtain partial functionality of the machine without using that one bad pulley?
We checked the others and they look ok. It's like hard plastic. Its one of the major pulleys he said so you really need it.

Just ticked. Hopefully this last awhile or I have a very heavy paper weiggt in my garage.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's already partially assembled it, he's got a guy working on it, it's not feasible for him to disassemble the whole thing and ship it back. He's too far invested.

Additionally, look at the questions he's been asking. Like "How much weight should I use? 10 lbs.?"

He is such a rank beginner (and there's nothing wrong with that) that he'll get himself into less trouble with a machine than with free weights. He doesn't seem to have someone to guide him. If he has the heart for it, he will outgrow the machine and move to free weights. If not, he will get himself into far less trouble with this machine.

Not everyone has the spirit to invest themselves into serious body building. Some guys only have it in them to tone up. He's where he is now. Let's see how he does.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I registered the product and asked for them to send me out the pulleys. Typical stuff made in China.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a Marcy machine about 30 years ago and I got a lot of good use out of it. It was pretty solidly built back then.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I had a Marcy machine about 30 years ago and I got a lot of good use out of it. It was pretty solidly built back then.
This ones a golds gym. Same price range basically. The marcy ones had some bad reviews for being cheap made.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This ones a golds gym. Same price range basically. The marcy ones had some bad reviews for being cheap made.
The link you gave was to a Marcy machine. I have a Gold's Gym tower for pull ups and dips. Anyway, I understand wanting to be able to work out in the privacy of your own home, especially if you're a little small to start out with. I think the machine is fine if you add some other equipment with it.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
The link you gave was to a Marcy machine. I have a Gold's Gym tower for pull ups and dips. Anyway, I understand wanting to be able to work out in the privacy of your own home, especially if you're a little small to start out with. I think the machine is fine if you add some other equipment with it.
Must sent the wrong link. Anyway, all the machines in the price range similar. The club house has a similar machine but a bit more heavy duty. Hopefully they get that part to me soon. I have a treadmill and will buy a bike too. I also have dumbbells.

So what other equipment do you recommend?

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
There's plenty of uses with dumbbells, even with just those you can build a decent upper body.

Start off with those, build those shoulders of yours.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's plenty of uses with dumbbells, even with just those you can build a decent upper body.

Start off with those, build those shoulders of yours.
Shoulders are small muscles. He’s a skinny guy. I get OP is a beginner but that’s a waste of time. Bulk comes from legs, ass, and back. Novices should focus on those before anything else.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Shoulders are small muscles. He’s a skinny guy. I get OP is a beginner but that’s a waste of time. Bulk comes from legs, ass, and back. Novices should focus on those before anything else.
While that's true.

The idea is to get him into an exercise rhythm, dumbells would be useful in that regard.

Just to ease him in, he could start off with doing simple biceps curls, once he sees some results there, he's more then likely to proceed with other area's of his body.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what other equipment do you recommend?
Like others have said, a weight bench with barbell for sure, maybe a squat rack.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
So BG, have you tried using the dumbells?

Could you also share with us what work routine you did do and the time you're set aside to build up ur body?

Now think of all those 49 years old hotties salivating over ur rock hard arms and dreaming of being closer to you.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
So BG, have you tried using the dumbells?

Could you also share with us what work routine you did do and the time you're set aside to build up ur body?

Now think of all those 49 years old hotties salivating over ur rock hard arms and dreaming of being closer to you.
Haven't used them in awhile. I do daily cardio. I run about 6 to 8 miles 7days a week.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Haven't used them in awhile. I do daily cardio. I run about 6 to 8 miles 7days a week.
Okay, that's very good.

Is it hard for you do some simple bicep curls, whilst waiting for ur machine to be fully functional?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
THIS is the kind of athletic woman looks wise I like. Lean but in good shape. This is soccer hottie Morgan Brian.

The funny part is most on this forum when I posted her pic before only rated her HB6. I'm seriously not kidding. IMO she's Hb 8.5. I'd totally would destroy it.

On a paradise island, she wearing bikini... Hope I dream with that tonight! :p

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As I said I was buying a home gym as part of my Christmas. So Walmart had one for $200, on sale regular price $300 so I pulled the trigger. It's only 150lb weight stack but I'm not a huge guy and I don't want to be totally ripped guy, just lean muscle.

So like how many days a week would you use it? I do cardio everyday so I'm skinny as it is. An hour a day on the home gym like in the morning and cardio at night?

I'm barley 5-9 and about 125lbs. How many months would it take before I get some lean muscle on me? I also want to do more sit ups and push ups too.

Like, when I do get muscle should I post pics of it on OLD depending on dating app? Like POF I can see it, but would Match be a good idea? The older women on Match though on their profiles say shirtless pics a turn off.

Home gym is coming towards the end of the month.
Different from some answers here... Everything starts at some point. What is better? There is no way to define it... The thing is: do what you think you should do, and improve it during the time. If you like it, someday you change your equips or go to gym, hire a personal trainer, etc.

Some questions: how much effort and energy do you want to spend with this? Is it only to get strong and attract women? Are you up to make the sacrifices to achieve big goals? First thing is to define with clarity why you want that.

Sure that may be a lot of great tips in here and people with years of experience. But don't get stucked on it. Just start.

I bought some equips to my house... it was years of investment. I have some great/essential things (mixing weight trainning, pilates, body weight). As I was learning through the years, I created my own plan. And that is something that gives me much pleasure.

There is some heavy weight trainning techniques and some slow motion where the focus are on the movement. Both can give you some great results. But only you can define which kind of trainning do you like.

I used to spend a lot of time working hard on gym, until I injured my spine. Now I'm recovering and getting back. But I realize that I was spending so much energy on it. I have other goals that is more important than just work out. So I'm balancing it.

Btw, what I want to say is: get the tips here and start your path... then modify it the way you think it's good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.