Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So I bought the home gym. What workout regime to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He is such a rank beginner (and there's nothing wrong with that) that he'll get himself into less trouble with a machine than with free weights. He doesn't seem to have someone to guide him. If he has the heart for it, he will outgrow the machine and move to free weights. If not, he will get himself into far less trouble with this machine.
True. He could get some serious injuries without proper guidance.

I learned the hard way why is important to do everything correct. How much weight has nothing to do with strength if not executed correctly.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weight training can cause neuromuscular / CNS stress to a completely different degree than steady state cardio.
Well, at least he's not fat.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread is pretty funny when you think about it.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't used them in awhile. I do daily cardio. I run about 6 to 8 miles 7days a week.
Can i ask you a question. Are you trolling, is this a wind up? You expect to gain muscle whilst training like an ethiopian long distance runner?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You expect to gain muscle whilst training like an ethiopian long distance runner.
I may have to switch to ethopian long distance style training, with the joint problems I've been having in the last few years. Plays havok with trying to lift. Getting older is not for the faint of heart. Fortunately, at my age I'm less concerned with building muscle than with simply trying to stay fit.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread is pretty funny when you think about it.
This thread is like the one half decent girl in calculus class asking for advice and all the geeks stumbling over each other trying to give her the best advice.

Cept everybody here is a dude...

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
So, the part is on back order, a simple pulley. So, can I just go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy a pulley or does it have to be the exact dimensions and size? This pulley is hard, cheap, solid plastic and dry rotted it appears.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are the dimensions of the pulley? Diameter and width. Also, what is the size of the hole in the middle? Does it have a brass bushing in it?

Why don't you post a picture here, and give us the dimensions. Maybe I can steer you to the correct pulley.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, where did you order the unit from? Amazon?

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
What are the dimensions of the pulley? Diameter and width. Also, what is the size of the hole in the middle? Does it have a brass bushing in it?

Why don't you post a picture here, and give us the dimensions. Maybe I can steer you to the correct pulley.
Just tried but got error saying file size too large. Later when I'm home ill try compressing it.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Funny while the part is on backorder I went to see how much ICON charges for the part out of warranty and they want 66 bucks for the pulley ROFL. What a ripoff for a cheap plastic pulley. Just replacing a few parts on the machine can add up to over the cost of the entire machine.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do Not go to Walmart now, you may catch that coronavirus. Nasty people go to Walmart. You could lose your life.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Do Not go to Walmart now, you may catch that coronavirus. Nasty people go to Walmart. You could lose your life.
LOL I do most of my grocery shopping there. Wal-Mart, Publix all the same in my town. All old farts and overweight old people. Especially Publix.

This is really p*ssing me off though. I want to start building muscle and I can't get a simple part. I mean I'm not loading a 300 something lb of equipment up to return to walmart which I ordered it from wal-mart.com

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL I do most of my grocery shopping there. Wal-Mart, Publix all the same in my town. All old farts and overweight old people. Especially Publix.

This is really p*ssing me off though. I want to start building muscle and I can't get a simple part. I mean I'm not loading a 300 something lb of equipment up to return to walmart which I ordered it from wal-mart.com
return it man, they pretty much take all returns are pretty liberal about it, you don't need no weights, just your body weight, you can get decently big, just maybe not as fast 0 kii look up youtube vids on HiiT and various others, a lot of free demonstrations all around that work

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
return it man, they pretty much take all returns are pretty liberal about it, you don't need no weights, just your body weight, you can get decently big, just maybe not as fast 0 kii look up youtube vids on HiiT and various others, a lot of free demonstrations all around that work
Not the returning part it's the loading all that crap up. I would see if the store would just exchange the part but they don't carry them in stock at the store.

Sucker is pretty damn heavy.

What about those resistance cables and small type machines and contraptions you see being sold?

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not the returning part it's the loading all that crap up. I would see if the store would just exchange the part but they don't carry them in stock at the store.

Sucker is pretty damn heavy.

What about those resistance cables and small type machines and contraptions you see being sold?
Join an MMA gym down thar in Floridah, you'll be shown all kinds of strengthening and conditioning exercises for cage fighting. You may even meet a fat chick who takes her anger out by punching the pads you hold as hard as she can knocking you over. I had one say, "I'm in your house!!!" I was like "wtf?" she was saying that I wasn't putting in enough effort I think to kick harder cause she'd just broken into my house? role-playing? Anyway, a lot of horny chicks were there when I went and of course "ice queens" and those that were shielded by the long-timers, they check you out at first, but after they see you can't fight for sh!t they ignore you. They're in the clique or in the "club." I'm like the fvck I just started and am outta shape for 10 years only ever cycling, fishing, working.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Checked with the maker, and they said probably yet another 2 to 3 weeks before the part is back in stock. So it can be another month! This is BS. I want to get some muscle by summer. About to chuck this thing onto the street. I guess I will go ahead and order my stationary bike off amazon to go along with my treadmill. At least I have my treadmill to keep me slim.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Checked with the maker, and they said probably yet another 2 to 3 weeks before the part is back in stock. So it can be another month! This is BS. I want to get some muscle by summer. About to chuck this thing onto the street. I guess I will go ahead and order my stationary bike off amazon to go along with my treadmill. At least I have my treadmill to keep me slim.
Hit the gym in the meantime?

Status
Not open for further replies.