Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

So I bought the home gym. What workout regime to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Makes sense, it's a bit of trial and error finding a good starting weight.
The key is being consistent. And it sounds like you are able to keep consistency with your cardio, so just apply the same here.
As for gains, just be patient, shouldn't take too long for you to notice some difference. As long as you don't expect to look like a roid freak.
How many hours each session should I use it?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't think in terms of hours. Develop a program where you exercise various muscle groups (biceps, triceps, pecs, etc.). Let the minutes take care of themselves while you concentrate on the results you want. Again, start nice and easy and you will find the appropriate weights and reps within a few session. Don't exercise the same muscles on consecutive days! Not sure if you know this, but your muscles need rest to recover in-between sessions. As an example, my sweet spot is 2 sessions per muscle group per week. That means for my personal physiology, I need a lot of rest between sessions. If I move to 3 a week, my results go down. For others, 3 a week is the sweet spot.

You will start to catch a rhythm. You should also research very basic workouts on similar machines as yours.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Don't think in terms of hours. Develop a program where you exercise various muscle groups (biceps, triceps, pecs, etc.). Let the minutes take care of themselves while you concentrate on the results you want. Again, start nice and easy and you will find the appropriate weights and reps within a few session. Don't exercise the same muscles on consecutive days! Not sure if you know this, but your muscles need rest to recover in-between sessions. As an example, my sweet spot is 2 sessions per muscle group per week. That means for my personal physiology, I need a lot of rest between sessions. If I move to 3 a week, my results go down. For others, 3 a week is the sweet spot.

You will start to catch a rhythm. You should also research very basic workouts on similar machines as yours.
It came with a chart, but it's pretty basic. I guess use youtube as well. The manual says work muscle to max capacity for muscle building and gradually increase the weight.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's good but again, remember not to overdo it for the first week or two. We don't want to see you get hurt and then have to lay off for a while. Better to err on the side of caution.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure if you know this, but your muscles need rest to recover in-between sessions. As an example, my sweet spot is 2 sessions per muscle group per week.
Yeah, it sounds counterintuitive, but it's a basic principle. You see better gains when you rest a muscle group at least a day. Some people rest a group for an entire week (they may have leg day once a week, for example).

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
That's good but again, remember not to overdo it for the first week or two. We don't want to see you get hurt and then have to lay off for a while. Better to err on the side of caution.
getting a bit nervous here now I'd hurt myself too easily at first.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No need to be nervous. Just be a little cautious and pay attention to your body's signals. It is natural to be a bit sore after starting workouts, but if you're in intense pain, you're pushing it too hard. Just back off on that particular exercise if that's the case.

I learned long ago that I didn't feel it when I was overdoing it. So I wouldn't know I overdid it till one or two days later. That's how I became proactive and cautious about it. That's all I'm saying. Good judgment for the first week or two is just getting your joints and muscles used to the movements. After a few sessions you won't need to be so cautious anymore and you will start to feel how much weight you should be using.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen to your body. Do a moderate amount the first day, add a few each additional time. There’s no formula. Each person is drastically different.

For example, if you haven’t been doing them at all, just do a few the first day. Maybe the same amount the next day. If you’re not super-sore, add a few the following day. Let your body’s reactions guide you. After a couple of weeks, you can start pushing yourself harder.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
The home gym model, Golds gym XRS 50 only has two exercises for abs. Do I need to to sit ups for those?

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Here is a small frame guy as well. So how do I get abs like he has? You need abs like that so you can post selfies of the abs on OLD.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Does the ab roller burn calories or just flatten the stomach muscles?

I've had a couple women I've talked to on OLD seem interested but they wanted more torso pics because they thought I was too skinny.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had a couple women I've talked to on OLD seem interested but they wanted more torso pics because they thought I was too skinny.
You kids today are living in a strange reality with OLD and all.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
She asked for more torso pics because she thought I wasn't built up enough. She was in good shape but even around her thighs had a little flab since she was 40 so she didn't have much room to talk. Did I take a shirtless selfie and send it to her? NO. NEXT.

Maybe men should flat out comment about a woman's weight then if they do this. Only makes it fair. Did I do the right thing by not sending more pics or should I've simped and sent her more pics?

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I said it before and will repeat it again, its a meat market,
people with already low self esteem, trying to sell they iamge with the best pic they can take, and most of cases, that mean the right lightining and makeup, so a 5 looks like a 8-9, plus there will be always more men then woman on said things, plus a real good woman wouldn't waste time here, if she do, you can try to guess how damaged she is.

and then we have op case....

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I said it before and will repeat it again, its a meat market,
people with already low self esteem, trying to sell they iamge with the best pic they can take, and most of cases, that mean the right lightining and makeup, so a 5 looks like a 8-9, plus there will be always more men then woman on said things, plus a real good woman wouldn't waste time here, if she do, you can try to guess how damaged she is.

and then we have op case....
OLD 10 years ago wasn't nearly as bad. A lot more decent women on there, less work to get replies, etc. Now very few decent women on it but more men.

heck, in the pic thread you have guys with muscle who look nearly liek Chad and are having problems getting traction on OLD.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
None. No sit ups. If you want abs you need to do explosive shvt. Squats or sprints.
So the sprints do like my 6 mile runs but do some high intensity fast sprints on the treadmill when I do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.