Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Quik's Workout Log

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoa whoa whoa here...you guys talkin $hit about me? haha

FREAK?! I take that with pride :D

I am not on celltech lol

And I incline, not regular bench. But if you ladies would like, I'll join the fray and show you guys how it's done haha

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wasn't talking about celltech :D

And I hope you are not one of those guys that adds 50lbs or so from incline to flat. If so you don't qualify for the challenge! Maybe we could change it slightly though. Relative strength rather than weight on the bar, I prefer that anyway.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yup i did...thus the 'lol'

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great news!

I have a connection at the hospital so I was able to go in this morning and get an MRI done. One of my parents works in that department so I got the results right away.

The back sprain that I had starting back in november and then again in january has pretty much healed.

I was in to the athletic therapists office on saturday and had a heat treatment session. Right away the pain went away. It felt a little funny for the rest of the day, but when I woke up on sunday it felt fine again. Did some test stretching and I felt healthy. I already had the MRI thing scheduled, so I had that done this morning and structurally my back is fine :D

Apparently the pain I had recently was just a very tight muscle knot that formed near the back sprain.

Was pretty excited because this means I don't have to sit out for months and months again.

Got back in the gym tonight and did some simple movements with only the bar.

squats
deadlifts
bench
dips
military press
situps
triceps
biceps
lat. raises
pullups
chinups
and leg press

Everything felt fine today, whereas last week I could barely lean to one direction without pain and picking anything up off the ground was completely out of the question.

So, I'm working from the ground up now. Pretending I'm just starting to lift again for the first time. relearning squat/deadlift technique(using glutes). Don't expect any big numbers for awhile, but atleast things are starting to move in the right direction again.

peace

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent news! Just when you think things aren't any better it turns around in a flash!

I had this leg injury once. It just wouldn't go away. After two months I went to a physio, he did one heat session on it for about 5 minutes or so and a week later I was as good as new.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent news! Just when you think things aren't any better it turns around in a flash!
You're darn right it better!

--

Went to the gym again today, did another very light full body workout, worked all muscle groups like yesterday. I'm going to do this for the rest of the week, and possibly next week. No building weights up yet, hope the increased activity will strengthen whatever weakness my back still might have.

Did a lot of dumbbell work, stuff that I wasn't comfortable doing yesterday. Dumbbells make you lean to one side, and thats when I experienced pain in the past, so I stuck to mostly barbells and machines and bodyweight exercises yesterday. Moved on to dumbbells today, did most of the same exercises though.

Finished off with 5 minutes of moderate biking, 5 minutes on the elliptical, and 5 minutes on the treadmill.

Came home, had a quick whey shake + casein because it's night time.

Rinse, wash, repeat for wednesday!

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Full body workout with very little weight

-bench
-squats
-deads
-military press
-arnold press
-pullups
-chinups
-dips
-curls
-skullcrushers
-back hyperextensions
-GHRs
-crunches

--

in a week or two I should be ready to start adding weight to the bar. Still being careful with my back because while the ligament may have healed, the muscles are still relatively weak.

Even though I'm not lifting that much, it feels like I'm getting back into a groove here which is awesome.

--

today I ate:

1 steak
12 eggs
2 chicken breast
1 scoop of whey

~2 cups of oatmeal
~2 cups of veggies

and some other bits and pieces

-supps: 2 multi caps, 10 fish oil caps, 1 vitE cap.

--

I don't think I really need to eat that much until I start stacking cardio and workouts on the same day, or until I start to feel drained. Not bulking either, this is probably going to be cut cycle while increasing strength.

-
thursday is cardio day. Going to increase the time of the cardio and hopefully move it from 3:00pm to 8:00am

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Going to give this workout, courtesy of MM, a 3 month trial:

Mon - Chest and Triceps

BB Flat Bench Press x 4
DB Incline Bench Press x 4
Dips 5x5 [addition]
EZ BB Skull Crushers x 3
Tricep Pressdowns x 3

Tues - Back and Biceps

BB Bent Over Rows x 4
WG OH Chin Ups x 4
DB One-Arm Rows x 3
CG UH Pull Ups x 3
EZ BB Standing Curls x 3

Wed - Delts, Forearms and Calves

BB Military Press x 4
DB Lateral Raises x 4
DB Bent Over Raises x 3
BB F & R Wrist Curls x 3
BB Standing Calf Raises x 3

Fri - Triceps and Biceps

BB CG Bench Press x 4
BB Standing Curls x 4
CG Tricep Dips x 3
DB Alternate Curls x 3
DB One-Arm Ext x 3

Sat - Quads, Hams and Abs

BB Squats x 4
BB Stiff-Leg Deadlifts x 4
Seated Leg Press x 3
Seated Leg Curls x 3
Weighted Crunches x 3

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Mate I'd drop the decline flys and do 3 sets of chest dips instead then, no need to do both. I'd also replace wrist curls with reverse curls as well, better IMO. Also remember to do some drop sets for the summer pump. :)

MM

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aight, I'll get rid of the flys and see what I can do about the wrist curls.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What about subbing the leg curls for GHR's as well? I have seen Poliquin, Rippetoe and other reputable sources saying that leg curls aren't so great for hamstring development.

You best be eating like a horse on this ehhh Quik, if you have great recovery you may actually do well of off it.

How is everything btw?

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
What about subbing the leg curls for GHR's as well? I have seen Poliquin, Rippetoe and other reputable sources saying that leg curls aren't so great for hamstring development.

You best be eating like a horse on this ehhh Quik, if you have great recovery you may actually do well of off it.

How is everything btw?
I think he's going to cut on this program, might be a bad idea if he isn't used to training 5 days, but each to his own, good on him for giving it a go.

MM

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

How is everything btw?
Aye I'm going to be taking a conservative approach to eating. For this week I'm going to keep intake at around 2000kcals a day. If I feel tired by the weekend, bump to 2500kcals for the next week, and so on until I strike a balance where I'm not tired, yet not eating too much either.

Also, everything is just getting back into gear :) I've accepted that fully recovering from a serious injury is a process, and that there isn't suddenly a day where I'm "healed". I can still injure myself again if I be stupid, so recklessness is out of the question for awhile.

Getting stronger and injury-free is a road, and atleast I'm on it now :D There was a very dark couple of days a few weeks ago when I thought my recovery time and effort had been in vain, but now I have a better attitude toward working out. Not really taking anything for granted anymore, that's what a 4 month layoff will do to you :) Learn to appreciate the time you spend doing what you want, and really do your best to ensure that nothing bad happens. In this case it means really learning proper technique and training methods.

My balance has been improving a lot too. Bought a balance board a few weeks ago, as well as an athlete's approach to yoga book. Spending 5-10 minutes in the morning getting all my muscles loose helps.

Well, I'm off to the gym to start MMs routine. Not used to doing chest on a monday :D

--

And MM, I have been on a 5 day routine before, and even took on a 6-7 day split, if you look back deep enough in this workout log I have details on both. I'm hoping to be challenged by this program, and I look forward to that struggle ;)

cheers guys

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday April 7 2008

A. Flat bench x4

6x135
6x135
8x95
10x95

B. Incline bench x4

6x135
5x135 (f)
8x95
10x95

C. Dips x3

bw x 5
bw x 5
bw x 3 (f)

D. Skullcrushers x3

forget

E. Tricep Pulldowns x3

forget

--

First time using more weight than just a barbell by itself in months. Was impressed with myself actually. Sort of disappointed with my Dips, but hey it's a starting point and I'm doing all the right things now, so gains will come quickly!

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2000kcal? Bit heavy for that are you not? If you are trying to lose fat it would be better to start of a bit higher and lower from there. I was mid 170's and have lost a few pounds in the last 3-4 weeks eating around 3000kcal and watching carbs. The higher the calories you can lose fat on the better.

Read this:

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/g-flux.htm

Think that is the right one.

Don't know if you have read Warboss's "fat loss whilst still gaining muscle" thread either.

Remember that you are 19 as well and your metabolism will still be higher. Also if you are getting back into heavy weights that will help quite a bit. Certainly 200kcal on a workout day at your bw (180-190?) wouldn't be a good idea.

And I hope you remembered to warm up as outlined in the Iron Addict warm up thread. I think it was you that had too few warm up sets in that past. I apologize if it wasn't :D

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah...quag is right. I'm losing fat at 3500 cals a day on the WBA thread for fat loss. I'll have my two month results up at the end of the month. Two words---Morning cardio

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2000kcal? Bit heavy for that are you not? If you are trying to lose fat it would be better to start of a bit higher and lower from there. I was mid 170's and have lost a few pounds in the last 3-4 weeks eating around 3000kcal and watching carbs. The higher the calories you can lose fat on the better.

Read this:

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/...ion/g-flux.htm

Think that is the right one.

Don't know if you have read Warboss's "fat loss whilst still gaining muscle" thread either.

Remember that you are 19 as well and your metabolism will still be higher. Also if you are getting back into heavy weights that will help quite a bit. Certainly 200kcal on a workout day at your bw (180-190?) wouldn't be a good idea.

And I hope you remembered to warm up as outlined in the Iron Addict warm up thread. I think it was you that had too few warm up sets in that past. I apologize if it wasn't
Yeah I am a little big for 2000kcal, but I don't intend to keep it there at all, that's just a starting point.

My bodyfat is a little higher than it used to be, I'd estimate I'm around 16-17% right now, so for a week or two I should be able to get by on 2000-2500kcal, and by then it should be up just under 3000 for maintenance.

I'm trying to listen to my body this time around... If at the end of this week I find I'm hungrier than usual, I'll bump it up, but I really don't need the extra energy. I'm not lifting heavy by any means, still being careful with my back.

And yeah my warmups are pretty decent. I have a 10 minute bike ride/blade to get to the gym, and then I do a couple minutes on te elliptical and some dynamic stretches on the muscle groups im working that day.

warmup sets and pyramiding is pretty common sense for me now.. I just listen to my body and go by experience.

lol Quag, of course i read that warboss thread, I put it in there! :D

--

So yeah when I start lifting heavy I'll make sure my calories are high enough to facilitate some muscle growth... But for now I'm going with a "If you don't need it, don't eat it" approach.

For some reason I have a slow metabolism for my age, it's rather efficient. I was squatting 285 while eating chicken and green peppers all day, roughly 1800kcals.

I understand where you're coming from though, and if I start to fatigue or overtrain, I'll definitely learn from it and bump intake.

--

Fvck that morning cardio is a pain inthe ass to nail. Time to willpower through it till its habit baby.

--

edit: forgot to mention I did the tuesday and wednesday workouts. Felt fantastic! This is going to be a great spring/summer cycle :)

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm. Monitor stuff very carefully.

If it is a case of "not needing it" you'd be better to up the calories a bit and drop some carbs.

Good luck with training though, were still on for 275 I hope :D