Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Quik's Workout Log

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything is still going fairly well. I'm in much better shape than I was a few months ago so this is good. Bf% is going down nicely, will be in 10-12% range in 3 months or so.

Lifts are going fine, struggling a little on the bench but who doesn't.

-

Reason I'm posting now is to say that as of yesterday, I'm taking 45g of fish oil per day. No no not in capsule form, I got it in liquid. So 3 tablespoons.

It's the first time I've gone over 10g/day, so I'm interested to see the results. I'll post said results in two or three weeks.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Note to self: Don't drink strong green tea before doing fasted morning cardio.

Had about 500mL of green tea first thing in the morning, before eating. Then I went out for a 30 minute walk. As soon as I left my place I felt sick for some reason...
About half way through the walk, I stopped and vomited on the grass beside the path. All I puked up was green tea :confused:.

Strange, I drink green tea all the time, first time I've ever felt sick--much less puked--from the stuff.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eh, so I'm allergic to Olive Oil!

The second I taste the stuff I get the gag reflex. I tried cooking some stuff in olive oil yesterday and I couldn't eat it(lamb chops btw). Every time I tasted the slightest bit of olive oil I'd be on the brink of puking.

Gonna give it a rest for a few weeks.

You guys use any other oils that have the same nutrition as EV olive oil?

edit:

After taking 30-45g of fish oil daily, the soreness after workouts goes away about twice as fast. Every so often I'd get a pimple or two on my face, those are gone as well. It's hard to attribute these things only to increasing my fish oil dose, but that's the only thing I've changed in the past few weeks.

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed there can be a wide variety of flavours with olive oil. Some are really strong, some are nearly flavourless.

A lot of olive oil isn't good for cooking btw. I can't remember the exact science of it all but the high heat does bad stuff and makes it unfit for consumption. The cold pressed variety is the only one for cooking I think. Apart from that, its generally good for putting over salad's extra. Sorry I couldn't articulate the above any better.

However, a very good oil for cooking and for general consumption is coconut oil. Here is a good video on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMJUdAyaVBY

It doesn't have the same fat makeup as olive oil, indeed it is very high in saturated fat, but we know that is a good thing...

If you pick some up, make sure it is organic virgin olive oil. Not the refined, deoderised crap.

Another great thing for cooking in is butter. People are slowly killing themselves with all the vegetable oils and margarines.

Quagmire

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quagmire911 said:
I've noticed there can be a wide variety of flavours with olive oil. Some are really strong, some are nearly flavourless.

A lot of olive oil isn't good for cooking btw. I can't remember the exact science of it all but the high heat does bad stuff and makes it unfit for consumption. The cold pressed variety is the only one for cooking I think. Apart from that, its generally good for putting over salad's extra. Sorry I couldn't articulate the above any better.

However, a very good oil for cooking and for general consumption is coconut oil. Here is a good video on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMJUdAyaVBY

It doesn't have the same fat makeup as olive oil, indeed it is very high in saturated fat, but we know that is a good thing...

If you pick some up, make sure it is organic virgin olive oil. Not the refined, deoderised crap.

Another great thing for cooking in is butter. People are slowly killing themselves with all the vegetable oils and margarines.

Quagmire
Aye I'm going on a mission this week to find coconut oil.

Most of my cooking these days is done on a george foreman. I know it takes some of the fat out of the meat, but with whole eggs/3-5tbsp of olive oil daily/red meat/butter/fish oil, I'm getting enough as is.

Still have to crack down on the discipline with this diet... cheat carbs are a little high in this stressful time, but I'm getting rid of them as we speak.

Cardio is a little lacking as well, ideally I want to get in 2 HIIT sessions, 1 aerobic session, and 5 long walks each week. Probably hitting a quarter of that right now which'll have to change.

Lifting is fine, I seriously doubt my numbers will stall anymore even with clean dieting.

I'm giving the 5/3/1 a try with EFFORT, so numbers will go up slow but steady.

--

On another note, I can make myself puke at will now... I tried waking up and drinking some green tea again before breakfast, and sure enough I started to feel sick, and 5 minutes later I was in the bathroom hurling up all the green tea into the sink.

If I was still in high school it would have made a great tool for faking being sick and not having to go. :D