"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Post-sex no contact

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2019
Messages
610
Reaction score
373
Age
39
I've seen dating coaches advocate never being the first to initiate contact after sex. The reasoning being the first person to contact cedes control. If the girl never contacts you after you simply never speak to her again.

Any opinion on this strategy?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Billtx49

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
5,989
Reaction score
5,410
Location
DFW
The sex itself isn’t that much of a deal changer from your usual post date recontact procedure. If anything, I would say a few days more time than your usual 5-7 day or whatever recontact time, but next to four day recontact time will probably signal thirsty horndog to her, then the ‘you just want me for sex’ b.s. may start.…
 
Joined
Jul 1, 2019
Messages
129
Reaction score
113
Age
46
Depends how good the sex was! Just kidding, I've done both. Don't agree. If you have her an academy award winning performance I wouldn't worry about contact after.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Suave88

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 23, 2019
Messages
710
Reaction score
271
Age
47
I've seen dating coaches advocate never being the first to initiate contact after sex. The reasoning being the first person to contact cedes control. If the girl never contacts you after you simply never speak to her again.

Any opinion on this strategy?
I am my own school. If I liked the sex and I am sure she liked me. You bet I will call her back. The time I wait depends. However, in my experience, I don't call, I just go see her.
 

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,150
Reaction score
5,056
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
To say that contacting someone is a forfeit of control is outright ridiculous, although still true for those who believe it is so and act in accordance with their silly beliefs. Example, a guy believes he will lose his control by contacting a woman, if he does so he will have ruined his own confidence and act in ways to give her all the control. He could have chosen to assert control at any point after that action, but didn't because he was deluded by his own false belief without recognizing it.

It's basic self sabotage. Easily preventable and who contacts who first is irrelevant when it's recognized that there's a choice for every passing moment, to assert oneself or voluntarily become a doormat.

We do this to ourselves and many don't see the deeper cause of failure, assuming it's something shallow like "it's because I reached out first".
 

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 7, 2012
Messages
5,509
Reaction score
5,683
I've seen dating coaches advocate never being the first to initiate contact after sex. The reasoning being the first person to contact cedes control. If the girl never contacts you after you simply never speak to her again.

Any opinion on this strategy?
Honestly, I think this is BS. Many women are insecure and might think that you not reaching out first is a sign that the sex was bad. And let's face, most of us guys have done that - going NC after sex because something turned us off.

At the end of the day, if she's into you, you will not "cede control" unless you do something stupid, like acting needy or insecure.
 

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 8, 2011
Messages
637
Reaction score
241
Location
Melbourne
In my experience, the first time I've slept with a girl, they've ALWAYS messaged me the next day.

It's only when sex is a consistent thing that they stop messaging me the next day.
 
Top