Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Pook Theory

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,070
Reaction score
1,706
Age
29
the book of pook was great but only because it teaches you good inner game, you need no magic tricks to get a woman, you only need an abundace mentality, a bit of confidence and know how to keep a conversation (dress and look good for extra points of course), it's a numbers game so you must approach, it doesn't matter where just do it
if someone is failing at getting women it's just because he is missing one of the three points that i mentioned earlier, believe me you don't need a new "book of pook".
however, if someone wants books to read, the books that i found most useful these days are roosh's books (game, daybang, bang), to any newbie out there this will be enough (don't read more than that, reading more would be mental masturbation).
Roosh's books are gold. They've really helped me out.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
Only right answer. Times where I felt pathetic I went to OLD. Times where I felt dominant and in control OLD felt pathetic and for weak people without balls to cultivate influence or take action in the real world
The rain born in the sky and dies on land, what's in between is its entire life.

We shouldn't look at the sky nor the ground, we should be watching the rain fall - watching its entire life.
 

Joji

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2017
Messages
82
Reaction score
16
Age
27
Maybe this post turned out to be a pook appreciation post. I would love to hear what pook has to say on todays conditions really.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
3,028
Reaction score
1,890
Age
42
Location
Florida
I've noticed that the quality of women has dropped since the early 2000's. Dating and sex has become a lot more competitive for men and society has become a lot more hypergamous after about 2012-ish.

Pook's concepts still generally apply, and the so called principles that were formulated back in those days have been tested. I think it is still possible that the best days for men, and western civilization can still be ahead of us. I am constantly working on it and I have an idea.
 

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
3,028
Reaction score
1,890
Age
42
Location
Florida
I don't know, but I feel like the material i've read definitely doesn't work lol (even new stuff is all basically re-hased versions of old school game theory)

Back then, it sounds like people were able to go up too a random girl, and even if she wasn't remotely attracted to him, he was able to 'game' her into wanting him within an hour with his disqualifcation lines and his negs and his stories etc etc

That certainly doesn't seem to be the case anymore! Even all successful infields from 'pros' that I watch are on clear 'yes girls'. Nobody is converting girls from no to yes. Did it EVER really work like that, though? Who knows.

Also what the other poster said when he linked to that youtube vid of the guy talking about how people seem to go out simply to socialise in their groups and don't want to be approached/chat with randoms. That's the strong vibe I get here in the UK, even at night. You seem to start on such an uphill battle, and it's like pulling teeth trying too even hook a girl. All of the theory doesn't seem to hold any weight in real life
The overall quality of character has declined and women do not feel beholden to men like they used to be. So that stuff does not work anymore. The only thing you can do out-compete other men, or to outsmart the competition.
 

Scars

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
2,127
Reaction score
1,003
Age
36
Location
Phoenix
I've been re-"reading" this the last couple of days, and a lot of the same principles still apply.

Back when I read this years ago they didn't even have an audio version.. man you guys are lucky.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,748
Reaction score
9,939
I always thought Pook's writing came across as very adolescent. My impression was that he was a high school student when he wrote it. But I guess he was in college, apparently? He makes several references to being in class.
 

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
I always thought Pook's writing came across as very adolescent. My impression was that he was a high school student when he wrote it. But I guess he was in college, apparently? He makes several references to being in class.
He had a classical, tongue-in-cheek writing style, complete with a fair amount of bad grammar. But IMO, that style conveyed the universality of the principles he espoused. Within the vehicle of his writing style are golden principles that are indeed universal in scope. You are correct that he was in college at the time.
 
Top