Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pook Theory

Joji

Don Juan
Reaction score
In the modern age of MANkind what would Pooks view be like today as of February 1st, 2020? What would his advice be to the generation of young men in an ever evolving society in this new age?

I truly wonder like many others if he will come back to guide the new generation of young men like myself. I always thought, what would a new Book Of Pook 2.0 look like. Please feel free to share your thoughts. I really do hope Pook returns with his new take on the world.

Joji

Don Juan
Reaction score
The environment has changed, but the concepts are the same. No sense in recreating the wheel.
Pook was active most around 2000's I definitely agree that the times have changed and require a better wheel than the wooden wheel that was appropriate for that time. Mindsets are completely different now compared to then.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Au contraire It’s time to rewrite many of the rules, it’s a different time than the days of Pook. I’m trying to rewrite the books but I need more visionaries who recognize the changes ..
Agreed, smart phones and social media alone changed much of the modern dating landscape.

If anyone still thinks it's the same then they need a serious reality check.

Joji

Don Juan
Reaction score
Au contraire It’s time to rewrite many of the rules, it’s a different time than the days of Pook. I’m trying to rewrite the books but I need more visionaries who recognize the changes ..
I would love to see what's in the works! May I ask you for a DM?

Joji

Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed, smart phones and social media alone changed much of the modern dating landscape.

Exactly!

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

A lot of guys on this forum still give the same antiquated advice that doesn’t even apply anymore. Leads me to believe

a.) a lot of guys on this forum are posers and don’t get girls

b.) people just don’t want to evolve with the times and will get left behind.

I’m 30 and been hanging around here since 18-19 so ive watched things evolve. I’m caught in the middle of two eras.

]
I would love to see what's in the works! May I ask you for a DM?
Read my recent threads. I get tons of blow back by guys who are stuck in the old ways.

Joji

Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of guys on this forum still give the same antiquated advice that doesn’t even apply anymore. Leads me to believe

a.) a lot of guys on this forum are posers

Read my recent threads. I get tons of blow back by guys who are stuck in the old ways.
Sounds good thanks I'll be sure to check it out! But **** I give a lot of credit to Pook and Brad80 (I believe his name was on here) they taught me a lot and I just built and still am applying what I learn.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed, smart phones and social media alone changed much of the modern dating landscape
Here's a big difference I see: Back then, guys complained that girls only wanted the top guys. Now, guys complain that girls only want the top guys, but they blame it on social media.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brad80 (I believe his name was on here)
Yeah Brad got banned and then his account and all the posts on it deleted. He kinda did it on purpose cuz he needed an excuse to finally leave this place, but yeah the dude was definitely a beast tbh. I remember him talking about how he and his girlfriend always had threesomes with other women and got her to like it and to bring the girls in herself lol, and that she was a model. But it wasn’t even fake cuz you could just tell by the way he wrote that he was legit. I couldn’t understand how he did it at the time but now I do lol.

As to your post—a lot of what Pook says is still relevant for today. The inner stuff relating to WHY girls say the stuff they do, and the dynamics about the whole nice guy vs jerk, that type of stuff was seriously top notch. I still don’t think anyone today can compete with that. He promoted inner game to all hell to literally cure yourself, and for that, no one can take away. He changed the manosphere forever. Seriously, people from every other website that talk about self-improvement and how to pick up chicks, anything even remotely related to redpill, all of these guys tell everyone to read the Book of Pook.

I still do wish that he could come back and renew everything though. Not necessarily the inner stuff, cuz that **** is timeless tbh, but some of the other things, and other stuff he’s learned. Maybe yeah, expand/add to the inmer stuff. The LGBT movement took off and it’s effect was unprecedented, #MeToo went nuts and criminalized all men for being alive, and never before had we actually begun talking about getting with religious girls as the only options for marriage, only to realize that they ended up being all the same in the end. I’d like to see him describe the mechanisms at play behind all of this stuff, and what else causes people to become trannies or homosexuals and whatnot. And whether marriage is worth it or whatever. I mean he’ll probably say no, but yeah. I’m also curious as to his take on Muslim women, and compared to the states vs immigrants too.

He had a blog—Pook’s Mill. It should still be up. He stopped posting in 2008 I believe. Prolly bc of the crash. Would be cool to hear his take on how that had an effect on gender dynamics. Along with the rise of incels/blackpill/LMS. Dating apps too. And maybe his thoughts on the data that shows that since 2008, more men are going sexless while women have remained relatively unaffected. And also whether it’s true that young people are having less sex than previous generations, or if it’s just young men that are skewing it while women are still the same.

Granted, I’ve gotten to the point now where I could probably disagree with Pook now, so it’s not like it’s too important. But getting a veteran’s perspective on things is definitely a plus. I always notice that the people who’ve been here since before 2008/2009 tend to have better and more insightful material, and look at things from a different perspective.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a big difference I see: Back then, guys complained that girls only wanted the top guys. Now, guys complain that girls only want the top guys, but they blame it on social media.
Instead of becoming a top guy themselves. Self improvement is still the number one key, that hasn’t changed.
Here are two that are outdated:

First contact: It used to be the rule that when you get a girls number, you call after a couple days to set up a date. Date set, no more contact till day of date. It was also said that “real men” call a girl, texting is for puss*es.

This no longer works. For one, texting is so much more prevalent now it’s not even socially acceptable to call someone, unless it’s urgent.
You wouldn’t know that unless you actually had social skills. Secondly, you are guaranteeing a flake setting a date with a new girl a week in advance and not texting her once prior to.

Home Plate.
It used to be perfectly normal for a girl to put out around the 3rd or 4th date. That was a standard progression.

Girls feel 100x more sexually liberated from 15 years ago. 3 dates is absurd for any woman under 30 besides a few ethnic groups from certain cultures. Sex by 2nd date should be the new standard.

Last edited:

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Love this topic so I'll ad my 2 cents.

Big fan of Pook and I do think his ideas are relevant, as they talk about internal game rather then external game and/or the medium of communication where game occurs (Social Media, Tinder etc)

Social Media has changed the landscape of dating, so has Tinder, but I still believe that the biological urges of women to find a competent (define that however you want) male is still the goal, especially with women who are in that 25-30 year bracket, who are desperate to settle down so they can have kids. Yeah ok, our society has changed a lot in a century, but not enough to unwind generations of evolution.

First contact: It used to be the rule that when you get a girls number, you call after a couple days to set up a date. Date set, no more contact till day of date. It was also said that “real men” call a girl, texting is for puss*es.

This no longer works. For one, texting is so much more prevalent now it’s not even socially acceptable to call someone, unless it’s urgent.
You wouldn’t know that unless you actually had social skills. Secondly, you are guaranteeing a flake setting a date with a new girl a week in advance and not texting her once prior to.
The call vs text argument was such a dumb argument over the years. Why cant we both be good at both and use the one that works best for the female, this forum has always been plagued with pointless arguments like that.

Though I know older women ( 25 +) who do like it when men call.

Home Plate. It used to be perfectly normal for a girl to put out around the 3rd or 4th date. That was a standard progression.

Girls feel 100x more sexually liberated from 15 years ago. 3 dates is absurd for any woman under 30 besides a few ethnic groups from certain cultures. Sex by 2nd date should be the new standard.
Respectfully disagree here. I'd argue women have always been sexual creatures and it's only been the rise of feminism and women liberation ideology that has made more socially acceptable for women to act more sexual in public. Society used to say 3 dates then sex, but I think it's a load of crap. People will fvck when they wanna fvck and they have the opportunity too.

A ho always gonna ho

Some people will blame the world before they start to blame themselves.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm if you stay busy you're not really going to overthink messaging. Probably will just happen as it happens.

I'm in the touch as early and often as you can camp so sex happens as soon as the girl feels comfortable.

As long as you're approaching multiple women first date 4th date whatever it all just comes out in the wash.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the modern age of MANkind what would Pooks view be like today as of February 1st, 2020? What would his advice be to the generation of young men in an ever evolving society in this new age?

I truly wonder like many others if he will come back to guide the new generation of young men like myself. I always thought, what would a new Book Of Pook 2.0 look like. Please feel free to share your thoughts. I really do hope Pook returns with his new take on the world.
Not here. Probably married.

Dalrock quit. Most guys do. Nobody's in it for life.

teacha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
can anyone list the stuff from Pook that’s outdated?

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Things have changed... but human nature hasn't. Pook is more about philosophy than advice... But I do think it's a good idea to go though it and see if new things can be gleaned based on current reality. It's been a few years since I've read it, so I'll take a look and see if there is anything worthy of updating, and post it on this thread.

Pook tries to explain reality. Questions like... "Why being nice doesn't work?"... Answer: Women see this as weak manipulation. "How did my relationship chick moved on so fast?" Answer: She's been leaving for a long time, you just didn't notice. "Why a woman will only see you as a friend?" Answer: Because you act like a friend.

I really wouldn't change any of the Book of Pook lessons, adding more would really just be redundant... and Pook really doesn't tell you what to do... mostly because Lesson 9: Actually contradicts any actionable advice. There is no size fits all for any particular man for any particular woman. Anytime you make 'rules' for yourself, you will automatically be less attractive to some women. It is true that you can shape your behavior so that you will attract most women... ut being attractive to 'most women' isn't really going to make you happy. If you twist yourself into a pretzel trying to please someone, you end up making yourself miserable.

Last edited:

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much Pook discussed the club scene but that seems mostly dead as a pickup thing other than in Vegas/Mykonos/Ibiza or whatnot. Maybe NYC and Miami. The club isn't the meat market it used to be.
I decided to stop clubbing when I was 19-20 or so (entry @18 here). Even back then I felt that the club was anything but a relaxed environment to meet new people, even if you didn't mind that it was a c0ckfest it was haughty, contrived and cliquey. Nothing at all like a house party.

That was 7-9 years ago. But the last time I was in a club was on a boat a couple years ago or so because my siblings wanted to go. I wanted to pay attention to how the club scene might have changed since I'd went. I don't think I saw a single person interacting with people other than the clique they came with. No one left the boat with anyone but their clique. There was as far as I ever saw, zero interaction between men and women (although a girl did start to flirt with me a little who I later found out was a single mom and looked like a different person without her cosmetics). It was really bizarre when you consider this is supposedly a "social avenue", but not beyond what I had expected.

You always had to actually enjoy clubbing itself to get results there, but today the clique aspect of it may also at its zenith. I saw a video the other day of an australian guy who commented on clubs with the same observation I've made. I found it again and timestamped his comment here:

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't Pook (allegedly) become so swole that women became terrified of him and never approached him? He might have his own gravitational pull by now.

texting is so much more prevalent now it’s not even socially acceptable to call someone, unless it’s urgent.
That's a bit of an exaggeration, but it's kind of like dropping in on someone unannounced lol. I've always thought the thing about texting was that some guys are good at it, and some guys aren't. If you're good at it, you can use it as a tool to attract. If you're not, then you're better off minimizing it.

By the way, when I was younger we used to drop in unannounced on each other all the time. If I wanted to talk to someone, I'd just go to their house and knock on the door. I always did hate the telephone. I mean those were people that we already knew, at least fairly well. But you get to a certain age and you don't want people just showing up at your door, it's annoying. You kind of lose that "pack" mentality, or at least we introverts do. I don't know how it is with the kids today.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

By texting all the time all you're doing is attracting a different set of girls, specifically the ones that need more reassurance and rapport building. It's like being at a concert and following a girl around while she checks out other guys until she settles for you. It works often, you get laid, and there's really nothing wrong with it IF you're fine with putting in the extra work. Good for getting the lay count up and it can lead to FWB, STR, and LTR.

But there's also nothing wrong with going to the show, dancing with her, not following her around, and leaving empty handed while the clingy guy leaves with her IF you truly DGAF because you're meeting women all the time anyway.

If you're sour about leaving empty handed then either be Mr. Cling or focus on inner game and creating a more abundant life so you DGAF. The important thing is to be decisive and know what you want.

Personally I strive for the latter. I've been the clingy guy and it leads to tons of lays, but I noticed it saps a lot of my time/attention and ultimately distracts me from the things that will really improve my life(my hustle, my skills, my body, my mind). When those things improve not only do I get attention from more girls, I get attention from higher and higher caliber girls. To me that's way more valuable than putting things off to get laid asap. And I think after enough lays and sex on demand most smart guys come to this realization.

And if a girl likes you it doesn't matter if you call or text, doesn't matter how old she is. To think you have to walk some fine line just to get some is distracting you from the real answer, more inner game(or playing the numbers if you're Mr. Fuuckboi). When you have abundance you don't read into things so much.

The hierarchy goes:
1. Guys that sacrifice pusssy for inner gains(abundance)
2. Guys that sacrifice inner gains for pusssy(Mr. Cling, fuuckboi)
3. Guys that squander both and become the backdrop(incel)