Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Out Solo?

noctorious

Don Juan
Reaction score
What's up fellas.

I want to head out tonight and tomorrow to practice game and put new found confidence into action. Maybe even get off with a girl in the club.

Problem is, none of my friends seem game. It seems a bit weird to go by myself.....maybe I should just say I lost my friends and go out later.

What do you guys think? I'm leaning on the indifferent end of the spectrum.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's up fellas.

I want to head out tonight and tomorrow to practice game and put new found confidence into action. Maybe even get off with a girl in the club.

Problem is, none of my friends seem game. It seems a bit weird to go by myself.....maybe I should just say I lost my friends and go out later.

I’ve done it over a decade ago. It’s not impossible but you need to get in with the bartenders it’s crucial. Post up at the bar and let live come to you.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
F0ck them. If you wanna go out, go out.

lgbs2004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was still single and wanted to pick up women, I went out alone.

The problem is if you don't feel comfortable clubbing it's better to choose another place to go.

I especially liked bars with live music. If I saw one or two girls sitting alone, it was very easy to strike up a conversation with them.

I exchanged glances with all the women around me and when one of them locked eyes with me, I approached.

Anyway, it all depends on your vibe and which places you choose to go.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never bothered me, and I've got girls this way. Go for it.

At a country dance club I used to frequent, I would run into women by themselves quite often which surprised me.

noctorious

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks fellas. I used to detest clubbing - and I mean detest - but I'm ok with it now. There's a couple of bars that are alright and decent pubs.

Thanks for the tip about bartenders. I've been practicing small talk with them as it happens haha.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks fellas. I used to detest clubbing - and I mean detest - but I'm ok with it now. There's a couple of bars that are alright and decent pubs.

Thanks for the tip about bartenders. I've been practicing small talk with them as it happens haha.
Nothing better than a hot bartender working as your wingman, literally.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was still single and wanted to pick up women, I went out alone.

The problem is if you don't feel comfortable clubbing it's better to choose another place to go.

I especially liked bars with live music. If I saw one or two girls sitting alone, it was very easy to strike up a conversation with them.

I exchanged glances with all the women around me and when one of them locked eyes with me, I approached.

Anyway, it all depends on your vibe and which places you choose to go.
OP this is really good advice. But try not to actively stare at women waiting for them to look at you. Be social and fun, don’t be that guy who is only interested in talks to women.

Also, go to a live music venue with music you actually like. Your success will improve considerably.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
What's up fellas.

Go out, have fun, sit at the bar and shoot the sh!t with the barrenders and wait for potential women to walk up next to you/sit next to you and chat them up in a friendly manner. Have no expectations. Include them in whatever convo you are having with whoever.

You'll be surprised what can happen with that sort of attitude and mentality.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

At a country dance club I used to frequent, I would run into women by themselves quite often which surprised me.
Country (music) girls are a trusting sort

This is a good idea if you can stand the music. New country sucks b@lls imo.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
solo is fine.
I agree that going out to nightlife venues solo is fine. I perceive that a lot of men are concerned about the concept of going out alone. In my experience of showing up to nightlife venues alone and doing approaches, it's not a big deal at all. Women will rarely call a man out on it. I was never called out on it. Venue selection and looking good in this are relevant.

In general, nightlife is geared towards groups. It's a better idea to go out with at least one other person. However, going out solo beats having a subpar or bad wing. There are many bad wings out there and some bad wings can still be decent friends.

Non-bar approaching is better suited for a man working solo. I would recommend to @noctorious to focus on non-bar approaching if he finds himself as a lone wolf often. It's interesting to me that @noctorious is only 25 and experiencing a lack of male friends wanting to go out with him. This is a more common problem for men after age 30. A typical 30+ man has friends who in one of the following phases....
  • Engaged/newly married but still childless
  • Married with infants/toddlers
  • Married with children in the K-12 grade phase
None of those guys want to go out much. When men have kids and their kids get to K-12 ages, divorce becomes more rampant and the newly divorced guys will want to go out to nightlife venues.

I have rarely ever seen this happen. There were times I was out at nightlife venues and had the thought that I wished this would be reality.

SmoothHendrixPS2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What's up fellas.

Going out alone is empowering.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that going out to nightlife venues solo is fine. I perceive that a lot of men are concerned about the concept of going out alone. In my experience of showing up to nightlife venues alone and doing approaches, it's not a big deal at all. Women will rarely call a man out on it. I was never called out on it. Venue selection and looking good in this are relevant.

In general, nightlife is geared towards groups. It's a better idea to go out with at least one other person. However, going out solo beats having a subpar or bad wing. There are many bad wings out there and some bad wings can still be decent friends.

Non-bar approaching is better suited for a man working solo. I would recommend to @noctorious to focus on non-bar approaching if he finds himself as a lone wolf often. It's interesting to me that @noctorious is only 25 and experiencing a lack of male friends wanting to go out with him. This is a more common problem for men after age 30. A typical 30+ man has friends who in one of the following phases....
None of those guys want to go out much. When men have kids and their kids get to K-12 ages, divorce becomes more rampant and the newly divorced guys will want to go out to nightlife venues.

I have rarely ever seen this happen. There were times I was out at nightlife venues and had the thought that I wished this would be reality.
As I have to travel solo for work. I often don’t have a choice.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
What's up fellas.

I had a small moment between friend groups transitioning from my more rebellious, weed smoking, big spending player friends to a more modest group of college kids/friends who were just abou finished with college --where I went out alone and whatnot.. Made friends with the managers at a few places, bartenders, etc.. But I will 100% tell you that you will definitely feel like a loner at times.. and theres no way to avoid that.. But just know tons of guys go out alone and been doing it for years, some , decades. One of my best friends when we're not tearing sht up at the club, goes out alone to bars, clubs, concerts.. But heres the kicker, hes used to being independant , can dance crazy to latin music so he usually hits latin places alone and finds people to dance with all the time which is the perfect icebreaker for meeting women.

If you go out alone, choose places that are more sports/barsy because no one judges and u can easily just stare at the screen if theres no noe to talk to, or places that have pool tables, darts, shuffleboard or other fun stuff. or just go big and go to a club when theres a specific DJ or artist there.. no one will judge u since its basically a concert at that point.. club no one really notices the loner as much as bars.. just because its more dense

noctorious

Don Juan
Reaction score

Well, maybe it's just me but many of my friends live all over the place. I didn't go to secondary school in my local town, so that probably has something to do with it. The video games and staying at home during my teens probably didn't help either.

The friends group I am in is all men in their 30s. They're sound enough, but they have wives and kids and all the rest of it now.
Hopefully boxing will yield some new local friends.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, maybe it's just me but many of my friends live all over the place. I didn't go to secondary school in my local town, so that probably has something to do with it. The video games and staying at home during my teens probably didn't help either.

The friends group I am in is all men in their 30s. They're sound enough, but they have wives and kids and all the rest of it now.
Hopefully boxing will yield some new local friends.
Field report would be nice if you went out!

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another thing men take away from themselves.

Men used to go out alone all the time. Men had their favorite cafe and would form deep connections in bars and cafes. Meet their future wife there . Many bars and cafes are dying because men don't go out like they used to. Obviously this is due the economic situation, but also because men isolate themselves more. I see it all around me.

You can go out alone for whatever reason. Maybe you had a busy week and you wanna enjoy a drink and listen to some good music. That's it. Maybe you wanna play some pool. Like somebody already said, maybe you watch a game. By watching my favorite team on a weekly basis in the same cafe I managed to pull a waitress. By going out alone (to a party with music that's alien to me ) I ended up fecking with a women with a open relationship. And many more stories.

Go out and connect with people. Don't depend upon other people to have a good time. By the way , you say your friends " ain't game". Do you mean they are bad with women? Or they simply ain't down to go out? Because even if they are bad with women you can still take them with you.