Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Jesse Pinkman's approach/field reports thread.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did a search on Google and there are Western wear stores in the area. I would not have expected that.

You do make a good point about rednecks in Florida. There are more rednecks in the northern parts of the state.
The Casey Anthonies extend pretty far down south actually

I can see Jesse doing well with the redneck girls.

PlatoPacks23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The environment has changed a lot since 2011 though. Nowadays, stores are dealing with more open robberies (ala San Francisco) in broad daylight and the security is more on point as a result. For example, one of my wings tried approaching in a Sephora where a lot of hot girls go into but as soon as he went in, the security were watching him because he is a dude and why are you in a freaking Sephora if you are a dude? Same with Victoria's Secrets and other high end fashion for women.

In Miami, we have a lot of super high end fashion stores but the hot girls are walking more into those catered specifically for female fashion or more leaning towards women. Whenever a guy walks in alone without being with a girlfriend or such, security does get a little paranoid.

While it is not NYC or San Francisco level, yet, Miami is noticing somewhat of an uptick in broad daylight robberies like the ones you see with CVS and pharmacy chains in those cities. Security is on high alert for that sort of stuff and yeah, if you are say a black dude who is dressed ghetto, it really doesn't help your case as much.

Also, if you screw up an approach in a store, it becomes a lot more obvious than doing so out in the day. If a girl is just not a fan of your approach, more people will see it and it will just be weird.
never have ever had an issue in a Sephora type store. lot of skin-care things there for guys.. I'm getting the sense you and your wings are just too damn obvious and scanning around without awareness.

Saying "security gets a little paranoid" is YOUR viewpoint. Did you ask them? Same non issue, just ****ing walk in and act as if you're looking for something lol.

Maybe it's your race (based on your race?)), which might be why you're feeling more paranoid.. Idk man this is just a lotttt of paranoia. I'd understand if in a small town, but Miami? lol

"if you screw up in a store it becomes obvious"... ok?? So you talked to a girl in a store and she rejected you or laughed. Big deal! These people don't care man, something's not adding up unless it's an age thing or something

PlatoPacks23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A guy could totally get away with being in Sephora. He could claim that he's looking for a gift for a sister, female cousin, or his mother. You could use that same excuse at Forever 21. Sephora and Forever 21 wouldn't be my first two choices about stores where I would approach.

I wouldn't do approaches in Victoria's Secret. That's one is a little too obvious.

In the indoor malls, I rarely saw security actually in the stores.

I never worried about that.

I have found mall approaching more difficult than grocery store approaching. I've found bookstore approaching mostly a miss too. I've been to both Barnes & Noble and a regional chain in my region. Barnes probably brings in better quality than the regional chain but if you linger long enough in a big enough bookstore, you'll be able to approach.

This is why it is best to only sparingly do mall approaches. If you repeatedly do the same stores over and over without buying, it becomes obvious. If you're only in a store once every 4-8 weeks for 30 minutes, no store employee is going to notice that, especially if you're doing it on a high foot traffic Saturday in a bigger indoor mall.

Most retail store managers don't worry about cold approachers that much because daygame is a small niche. Few men actually do it. Far more men are swiping on the apps than running daygame.

At least with grocery store approaches, most men are smart enough to buy some groceries when they do a grocery approach session. I always did that.
Yeah Sephora is nbd. I agree though Victoria Secret is not great mainly bc of the girl being "wtf" you doing in here, nothing to do w employees.

Grocery store is tougher imo esp. in smaller stores because everything is more cramped and you can't be as "loud".

PlatoPacks23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am actually quite shocked, usually when people go on a field report thread nitpicking, they are keyboard jockeys who have never done an approach themselves but try to sound like experts. You have impressed me, congratulations.

It is not as much as what I am doing but rather the fact that outside of the stores, I am more likely to run into higher volumes and more opportunities. In the store, I might have a set or two and do that but that is it. Plus, overtime, it becomes too obvious to a degree. For example, I have known guys who repeatedly went into certain stores week in and week out to run game and overtime, the staff noticed them as being that guy. On one occasion, the staff even called the guy out because they never buy anything but only go into the store to game.

IMO, if I owned a store that attracted hot girls to whatever it sold, I would hate it if some dudes came into it to only "cold approach" and never buy anything. Given that most dudes cannot even do game right and hit girls with the same "hi ur cute" direct opener, I would even find them creeping out my clients and scaring girls away which would piss me off. TBH, I don't really go into most stores (especially not week in and week out) if I don't have a plan to buy anything.

Staff these days, with open robberies on the rise, are looking around. Every time I have gone in, I notice the staff are there to greet you and most of the times due to people easily getting stuff online, stores are not as packed as they were back in the day so it is you, her, and maybe a handful of people. It becomes obvious unless you are very smooth about it and the staff are busy with something else.

I rather spend my time chasing girls on their way to stores because there are just more opportunities there.
Nah, I'm here because was looking for a board that talks about this but doesn't seem like many do lol. Might be on wrong board.

I agree on higher volume... just if I see someone I want to talk to go in a store I might go in rather than just wait and get in my head.

"If I owned a store".... I really get the sense you're just projecting a lot. I have noticed a couple stores with staff "Greeting you" when you go in which is annoying, but not the norm at all.

Idk man unless you've actually had issues in past this is a lot of hoopla over nothing. You're just talking.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Victoria Secret is not great mainly bc of the girl being "wtf" you doing in here, nothing to do w employees.
A man could get away with being in Victoria's Secret if he were shopping for his wife or girlfriend. If you have a wife or girlfriend, you're not going to need to do approaches in Victoria's Secret.

Grocery store is tougher imo esp. in smaller stores because everything is more cramped and you can't be as "loud".
This hasn't been my experience. I've found the grocery store to be easier for approaching than mall stores.

Which grocery chains have you found to be cramped? US based grocery chains are rarely cramped. Are you in either Europe or Asia? In the US, Kroger and Albertsons brand stores (see below) are rarely cramped and are typically designed with wide aisles. Whole Foods has wide aisles. I've perceived Trader Joe's as cramped. Sprouts is also a maybe for feeling cramped at the wrong hours.

Kroger brands: Kroger, Dillons, Harris Teeter, King Soopers/City Market (Colorado), Smith's, Fry's Food & Drug, Ralph's
Albertsons brands: Albertsons, ACME, Safeway, Tom Thumb, Randal's, Jewel Osco, Shaw's, Vons

PlatoPacks23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A man could get away with being in Victoria's Secret if he were shopping for his wife or girlfriend. If you have a wife or girlfriend, you're not going to need to do approaches in Victoria's Secret.

This hasn't been my experience. I've found the grocery store to be easier for approaching than mall stores.

Which grocery chains have you found to be cramped? US based grocery chains are rarely cramped. Are you in either Europe or Asia? In the US, Kroger and Albertsons brand stores (see below) are rarely cramped and are typically designed with wide aisles. Whole Foods has wide aisles. I've perceived Trader Joe's as cramped. Sprouts is also a maybe for feeling cramped at the wrong hours.

Kroger brands: Kroger, Dillons, Harris Teeter, King Soopers/City Market (Colorado), Smith's, Fry's Food & Drug, Ralph's
Albertsons brands: Albertsons, ACME, Safeway, Tom Thumb, Randal's, Jewel Osco, Shaw's, Vons
Trader Joe's are generally "cramped" for me, Sprouts is never busy imo.Whole Foods is big, but in general I just don't find them that busy. Or if they are on weekends, Im generally not going to day game.

Also not great once you're at a supermarket... what else are you doing after if it's not busy? Just not my style imo, prefer a more standard dayt-game where you can walk around

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader Joe's are generally "cramped" for me, Sprouts is never busy imo.Whole Foods is big, but in general I just don't find them that busy. Or if they are on weekends, Im generally not going to day game.
The cramped feeling is why I don't like Trader Joe's. I've been to a Sprouts before in a city where I don't reside and it was crowded. There are Sprouts locations in my city. The only Sprouts locations I've been to wasn't overly crowded but always seemed to have too few registers open and no self-checkout. Checkout was never efficient there.

Whole Foods can be a good spot for game. Years ago, it was a thing to go to Whole Foods to pick up women. There was internet chatter about it. In more recent times, I've heard far more chatter online about picking up women at Target. The Super Target locations are full grocery stores as well as general merchandise whereas a regular Target location might have limited grocery selection.

Also not great once you're at a supermarket... what else are you doing after if it's not busy? Just not my style imo, prefer a more standard dayt-game where you can walk around
Years ago, Roosh said that street game was the most difficult form of daygame out there. I tend to agree with that. Women are not very approachable on the street, in parks, and on paths due to earbuds. I have opened plenty of women outdoors, so it's not a huge barrier. I had practiced outdoor daygame even prior to the pandemic. During the worst of the pandemic, outdoor approaching was the only viable form of in-person game. Masking finally subsided enough in 2022 to make indoor daygame a reality again.

Both indoor retail game and outdoor forms of game have a lot of lingering involved to find approaches. Roosh had mentioned he'd spend hours in grocery stores to be successful. When doing grocery store game, I have capped my time in any individual grocery store to one hour. There were times where I did an hour in one store one day, then one more hour in a different grocery store within 2 days of the first session.

HEB and Publix are generally crowded
For those not familiar, HEB and Publix are regional grocery store chains, similar in format to a Kroger or Albertsons brand. Publix is mainly in the Southeast and Florida. About 65% of Publix's locations are in Florida.

HEB is a regional grocer in Texas and northern states of Mexico. In Texas, they are more concentrated in the San Antonio, Houston, and Austin markets. They have traditionally operated their main brand in Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) stopping in exurb/outskirt areas of DFW. This changed in 2022 when they opened locations in the big Dallas suburbs of Plano and Frisco.

HEB has operated their upscale Central Market sub-brand in Dallas and Fort Worth for years. Central Market would be best described as a mix of a Kroger/Albertsons type store and a Whole Foods.

What times are you going to HEB/Central Market? I'm guessing you went to Publix when you lived in Nashville. What times did you typically go there?

Central Market has some crowded periods, but I've never felt as cramped in Central Market as I did in the past at Trader Joe's.

Reaction score
What times are you going to HEB/Central Market? I'm guessing you went to Publix when you lived in Nashville. What times did you typically go there?

Central Market has some crowded periods, but I've never felt as cramped in Central Market as I did in the past at Trader Joe's.
Im a grocery store sloot so I’m there like twice a day at any given time. The central market in Houston is the most crowded store even beating Trader Joe’s.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im a grocery store sloot so I’m there like twice a day at any given time. The central market in Houston is the most crowded store even beating Trader Joe’s.
How would you compare Central Market to Whole Foods or Sprouts, both in terms of pickup and the shopping experience? I perceive that these 3 stores target similar customers.

You are a grocery store sloot so you would know how to compare them well.

Reaction score
How would you compare Central Market to Whole Foods or Sprouts, both in terms of pickup and the shopping experience? I perceive that these 3 stores target similar customers.

You are a grocery store sloot so you would know how to compare them well.
Central Market mainly has couples and older women. If you are looking for a young women hot spot then Trader Joe’s is the clear winner. The sprouts near me is usually dead, idk how those stores stay open tbh. Whole Foods is a hit or miss, but Trader Joe’s wins more consistently.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What, no love for Food City??

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are looking for a young women hot spot then Trader Joe’s is the clear winner. Whole Foods is a hit or miss, but Trader Joe’s wins more consistently.
I have not done much at Trader Joe's over time. Interesting observation.

I feel the same way about Whole Foods. Whole Foods used to have a good reputation for pickup about 5-10 years ago, but I've not heard a lot in recent times about Whole Foods.

What, no love for Food City??
I think you are referring to the place in the link below.

Food City could be a good place to pick up Latinas in Arizona.

@Jesse Pinkman is in Miami. There are some grocery stores that would be good for Latinas in Miami.

Reaction score
I feel the same way about Whole Foods. Whole Foods used to have a good reputation for pickup about 5-10 years ago, but I've not heard a lot in recent times about Whole Foods.
Houston doesn’t have a vibrant dense urban area like most cities do so the Whole Foods are more spread out and fit for bougie soccer moms more so than young women. The mother ship store in Austin is probably the best one volume wise.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Houston doesn’t have a vibrant dense urban area like most cities do so the Whole Foods are more spread out and fit for bougie soccer moms more so than young women. The mother ship store in Austin is probably the best one volume wise.
Bougie soccer moms are a significant part of the Whole Foods customer base everywhere.

Younger, childless women (22-35) can be Whole Foods customers, but it's not a bigger part of their customer base.

I've mentioned before that Uptown Dallas (a dense urban area) was a neighborhood for bougie singles in the mid-2000s to mid-2010s before going downhill. During that time, Whole Foods built a location in Uptown Dallas as the first level of a residential building. It opened at the tail end of Uptown's good period. At the time it opened, it was probably the best Whole Foods location to find younger, childless women. In 2020, that Whole Foods location was rioted as a part of the George Floyd protests.

Only 1 of the 4 Central Market locations on the Dallas side of Dallas-Fort Worth (Dallas and Plano) is good for younger, childless women. 2 of the Dallas locations and the Plano location are mostly bougie soccer moms. Even the one good Central Market does have its fair share of soccer moms too. On the Fort Worth side, the Southlake location of Central Market would be filled with bougie soccer moms too.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just done 3 cold Approaches in supermarket. First one body language not interested after opener....so i left it

Second one...i actually forgot what happened...think she was on the phone so i left

Third one...had a nice chat with her for 4 minutes but she was married.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
went to central market and didn’t see any woman remotely hot inside. I did see an Asian milf in the parking lot though.
I am guessing that you went last night in the evening hours.

When someone does grocery store approaching at any store, it's necessary to be in the store for around 45-60 minutes in my experience to be able to find at least 1-2 receptive targets. The longer you stay in Central Market, the more likely it is that you will see at least one attractive woman inside the store. Central Market and Whole Foods might have the shortest duration it takes to see a hottie, where it would likely take longer at Walmart to see a hottie.

Central Market and Whole Foods do attract a fair amount of hot 30s/40s women, mainly of whom already have children. Some are childless.

A few months ago, I was in Central Market and I caught a glimpse of a very attractive woman wearing a tennis skirt. I positioned myself to be closer to her and then saw she had a toddler in her grocery cart. That was a disappointment.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah Sephora is nbd. I agree though Victoria Secret is not great mainly bc of the girl being "wtf" you doing in here, nothing to do w employees.

Not that I am flush with openers but at the grocery yesterday I got my lunch and half the high school was there. So I found the customer service register and skipped all those fvckers, turn to the girl behind me and just go, ‘I love cutting the line, feels like school again’ she laughed and I winked at her.

for me, any time I get a situational opportunity I can typically seize it and it works, but that’s me. Just an example.