Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Jesse Pinkman's approach/field reports thread.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are two supermarkets across the road from my workplace. I've cold approached lots of women in there. It's nice and convenient for me to skip over there on my break and spam.
However i have also cold approached some of the staff. I will be noticed more in the smaller supermarket. I will have to be elusive, goes without saying.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh I see what you’re saying. I should have separated the thoughts. Like, ‘and also, I’m reading your Miami thread’. The thoughts in Miami and the rest had no connection
So I am wasting Vitamin D then correct?

I guess. But in the meantime you’re wasting what your taking.I’m reading your Miami thread.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mall security never noticed me when I did mall approaches. I only did a few approaches per session on weekends, which were busy times. It's difficult to stand out in a mall on a weekend.
Depends on the size of the mall. If it is a smaller mall, it is easy to stick out. I have known guys who have been banned from malls in places like Aventura here because the owner specifically wants PUAs gone.
In terms of indoor malls, I have only done approaches in larger indoor malls. I've mostly done my approaches on weekends too. Most men will not be bothered by security so long as they aren't spam approaching. Another key is to not approach in the same store. A 1-2 hour approach session in a few different parts of the mall with 5 approaches or less will go unnoticed.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In terms of indoor malls, I have only done approaches in larger indoor malls. I've mostly done my approaches on weekends too. Most men will not be bothered by security so long as they aren't spam approaching. Another key is to not approach in the same store. A 1-2 hour approach session in a few different parts of the mall with 5 approaches or less will go unnoticed.
TBH, I never approach inside of the store. I always do it when a girl is on her way to a store or outside. Inside the store is too obvious.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TBH, I never approach inside of the store. I always do it when a girl is on her way to a store or outside. Inside the store is too obvious.
In Roosh's "Day Bang", the method that he teaches for mall approaching is done inside of the stores. He did provide analysis on which stores are best for younger women. "Day Bang" was published in 2011 so trends on stores might have changed. Also, the stores that someone would go to could differ for target markets. Roosh wrote "Day Bang" when he was in his early 30s and was interested in 20 somethings.

Inside of indoor malls, I have done approaches inside stores per the "Day Bang" method and in the general corridors between stores. In an outdoor mall, it would be done on outdoor walkways. It's possible to have success with both methods. An approacher could probably get away with lingering longer in an outdoor area or in an indoor corridor between stores.

If you are socially calibrated, you can get away with doing it either way. Lingering too long in one store is obvious in the mall, but possible in a strip mall type bookstore or a grocery store. In a multi-level Dillards, Macy's, or Nordstrom location, it would be possible to move around certain areas of that store and do approaches in various parts of the store. However, the big department stores aren't the best for the target market. Older, married women tend to be clientele of Dillards, Macy's, or Nordstrom.

PlatoPacks23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what are you doing that makes you so paranoid, dude? "inside the store is too obvious?" wtf

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In Roosh's "Day Bang", the method that he teaches for mall approaching is done inside of the stores. He did provide analysis on which stores are best for younger women. "Day Bang" was published in 2011 so trends on stores might have changed. Also, the stores that someone would go to could differ for target markets. Roosh wrote "Day Bang" when he was in his early 30s and was interested in 20 somethings.

Inside of indoor malls, I have done approaches inside stores per the "Day Bang" method and in the general corridors between stores. In an outdoor mall, it would be done on outdoor walkways. It's possible to have success with both methods. An approacher could probably get away with lingering longer in an outdoor area or in an indoor corridor between stores.

If you are socially calibrated, you can get away with doing it either way. Lingering too long in one store is obvious in the mall, but possible in a strip mall type bookstore or a grocery store. In a multi-level Dillards, Macy's, or Nordstrom location, it would be possible to move around certain areas of that store and do approaches in various parts of the store. However, the big department stores aren't the best for the target market. Older, married women tend to be clientele of Dillards, Macy's, or Nordstrom.
The environment has changed a lot since 2011 though. Nowadays, stores are dealing with more open robberies (ala San Francisco) in broad daylight and the security is more on point as a result. For example, one of my wings tried approaching in a Sephora where a lot of hot girls go into but as soon as he went in, the security were watching him because he is a dude and why are you in a freaking Sephora if you are a dude? Same with Victoria's Secrets and other high end fashion for women.

In Miami, we have a lot of super high end fashion stores but the hot girls are walking more into those catered specifically for female fashion or more leaning towards women. Whenever a guy walks in alone without being with a girlfriend or such, security does get a little paranoid.

While it is not NYC or San Francisco level, yet, Miami is noticing somewhat of an uptick in broad daylight robberies like the ones you see with CVS and pharmacy chains in those cities. Security is on high alert for that sort of stuff and yeah, if you are say a black dude who is dressed ghetto, it really doesn't help your case as much.

Also, if you screw up an approach in a store, it becomes a lot more obvious than doing so out in the day. If a girl is just not a fan of your approach, more people will see it and it will just be weird.

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done pretty good, not amazing but seen results and gotten LTR's from it
I am actually quite shocked, usually when people go on a field report thread nitpicking, they are keyboard jockeys who have never done an approach themselves but try to sound like experts. You have impressed me, congratulations.

what are you doing that makes you so paranoid, dude? "inside the store is too obvious?" wtf
It is not as much as what I am doing but rather the fact that outside of the stores, I am more likely to run into higher volumes and more opportunities. In the store, I might have a set or two and do that but that is it. Plus, overtime, it becomes too obvious to a degree. For example, I have known guys who repeatedly went into certain stores week in and week out to run game and overtime, the staff noticed them as being that guy. On one occasion, the staff even called the guy out because they never buy anything but only go into the store to game.

IMO, if I owned a store that attracted hot girls to whatever it sold, I would hate it if some dudes came into it to only "cold approach" and never buy anything. Given that most dudes cannot even do game right and hit girls with the same "hi ur cute" direct opener, I would even find them creeping out my clients and scaring girls away which would piss me off. TBH, I don't really go into most stores (especially not week in and week out) if I don't have a plan to buy anything.

Staff these days, with open robberies on the rise, are looking around. Every time I have gone in, I notice the staff are there to greet you and most of the times due to people easily getting stuff online, stores are not as packed as they were back in the day so it is you, her, and maybe a handful of people. It becomes obvious unless you are very smooth about it and the staff are busy with something else.

I rather spend my time chasing girls on their way to stores because there are just more opportunities there.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask them to buy you lingerie Jesse, they've never heard that line before.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
one of my wings tried approaching in a Sephora where a lot of hot girls go into but as soon as he went in, the security were watching him because he is a dude and why are you in a freaking Sephora if you are a dude? Same with Victoria's Secrets and other high end fashion for women.

In Miami, we have a lot of super high end fashion stores but the hot girls are walking more into those catered specifically for female fashion or more leaning towards women. Whenever a guy walks in alone without being with a girlfriend or such, security does get a little paranoid.
A guy could totally get away with being in Sephora. He could claim that he's looking for a gift for a sister, female cousin, or his mother. You could use that same excuse at Forever 21. Sephora and Forever 21 wouldn't be my first two choices about stores where I would approach.

I wouldn't do approaches in Victoria's Secret. That's one is a little too obvious.

In the indoor malls, I rarely saw security actually in the stores.

if you screw up an approach in a store, it becomes a lot more obvious than doing so out in the day. If a girl is just not a fan of your approach, more people will see it and it will just be weird.
I never worried about that.

I have found mall approaching more difficult than grocery store approaching. I've found bookstore approaching mostly a miss too. I've been to both Barnes & Noble and a regional chain in my region. Barnes probably brings in better quality than the regional chain but if you linger long enough in a big enough bookstore, you'll be able to approach.

It is not as much as what I am doing but rather the fact that outside of the stores, I am more likely to run into higher volumes and more opportunities. In the store, I might have a set or two and do that but that is it. Plus, overtime, it becomes too obvious to a degree. For example, I have known guys who repeatedly went into certain stores week in and week out to run game and overtime, the staff noticed them as being that guy. On one occasion, the staff even called the guy out because they never buy anything but only go into the store to game.

IMO, if I owned a store that attracted hot girls to whatever it sold, I would hate it if some dudes came into it to only "cold approach" and never buy anything. Given that most dudes cannot even do game right and hit girls with the same "hi ur cute" direct opener, I would even find them creeping out my clients and scaring girls away which would piss me off. TBH, I don't really go into most stores (especially not week in and week out) if I don't have a plan to buy anything.
This is why it is best to only sparingly do mall approaches. If you repeatedly do the same stores over and over without buying, it becomes obvious. If you're only in a store once every 4-8 weeks for 30 minutes, no store employee is going to notice that, especially if you're doing it on a high foot traffic Saturday in a bigger indoor mall.

Most retail store managers don't worry about cold approachers that much because daygame is a small niche. Few men actually do it. Far more men are swiping on the apps than running daygame.

At least with grocery store approaches, most men are smart enough to buy some groceries when they do a grocery approach session. I always did that.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aren't there any Western Wear stores you can hit up Jesse?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Western wear in Miami? Western wear would make more sense in Texas and the Southwestern US.
You've got rednecks in florida though. You've got to try out Broward County at some point, no? Those bored anglo milfs might be easier than the catholic latinas or EE tourists,.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You've got rednecks in florida though. You've got to try out Broward County at some point, no? Those bored anglo milfs might be easier than the catholic latinas or EE tourists,.
I did a search on Google and there are Western wear stores in the area. I would not have expected that.

You do make a good point about rednecks in Florida. There are more rednecks in the northern parts of the state.