"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

It's 2021, and the height-shaming is reaching catatrosphic levels

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,678
Reaction score
5,125
A 6'1" guy is a great option for a 5'10" woman. She had a massive entitlement problem. I can't imagine the shiit she would give me in person for making an approach.
So what is a 5'5" guy a "great option" for? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
 

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,678
Reaction score
5,125
I have experienced rejection due to my 5'10" height. It is worse for the shorter men out there. Every man under 6'0" has to deal with it, especially on apps or websites (50+ crowd).
So now 50-something harridans demand 6'? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Oh, well, at least it's not 50-something crippled dwarves demanding them!

 
Last edited:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
12,678
Reaction score
5,125
saying something , and actually not dating you because of your height are totally 2 different things

sure , the shorter you are , the more the likelihood of being rejected because of this is increasing , but as a rule I would take the height thing as a sh1t test

It is a numbers game at the end of the day , if you have 10% of succeeding , you will still have 10 women out of 100
But those 10% will typically be the bottom-of-the-barrel 10%. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

SW15

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2020
Messages
15,423
Reaction score
12,522
So, you've walked up to a girl, opened her, and she flat-out said "sorry, you're too short?"

Could you describe exactly how the face-to-face height rejections happened, in the instances where you were rejected solely and exclusively for your lack of height, and no other factors? I'm really curious -- I'm your same height, and this has never happened to me, once, in my entire 36 years on this earth.
Women are rarely that direct.

I recall how one 5'8" woman put out an energy of disappointment when we met at a bar from a swipe app sourced date. We met on Hinge which lists height. When I hugged her at the beginning, she seemed totally unenthusiastic. That sort of energy made the first 15 minutes or so of that date rather uncomfortable. It turned out to be a one and done, though things got a little bit better after the first 15 minutes.

I've seen some evasiveness with in-person approaches from 5'8'-5'11" women likely because of my height, though it is never directly said.


So what is a 5'5" guy a "great option" for? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
4'11"-5'2" women. I've seen 5'1" and 5'2" women demand really tall men (6'0"+) and get away with it. I know one 5'5" guy around age 50 who's been a master seducer since his teens. Rarely have any of his interactions with women exceeded 6 months. I'm not sure if that is by design. He tends to end up with some crazy women.
 
Last edited:

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
866
Reaction score
1,323
Location
NJ/NYC
Women are rarely that direct.

I recall how one 5'8" woman put out an energy of disappointment she seemed totally unenthusiastic.

I've seen some evasiveness with in-person approaches from 5'8'-5'11" women likely because of my height
So in other words, it was largely speculation and a projection of a self-limiting belief about your “short stature” and not the actual, confirmed reason you came up short with these women.

I appreciate your answer because it was exactly what I knew it would be.
 

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 1, 2020
Messages
234
Reaction score
354
Location
-
I've never had girls shiit test me on my height (I'm 1m85, had to google it for you Americans, but that's 6'1'') but I've seen them do it to my 5'7'' friend lots of times and this has never stopped him, on the contrary. It's how he reacts to this shiit test which makes all the difference. His favorite line when girls tell him he is (too) short is "Yeah my dad was forcing me to play basketball and I hate that game, so I forced myself to stop growing. Best decision in my life". He always says it with a big smile on his face and the girls love it. It shows them he doesn't care about being short and he doesn't care they say he is too short for them. He takes the shiit test and laughs at it. Just don't let height stand in your way.

Women will always find something to test your frame if they know you're hitting on them. I get shiit tested for having grey hair for instance. I started getting grey when I was 23 yo. Shiit tests are usually a good thing. If she was completely not intestested she wouldn't even bother, unless she's just an evil person and most people aren't.
 
Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2020
Messages
15,423
Reaction score
12,522
So in other words, it was largely speculation and a projection of a self-limiting belief about your “short stature” and not the actual, confirmed reason you came up short with these women.

I appreciate your answer because it was exactly what I knew it would be.
On swipe apps, it has been direct though but I never met those people in person. People behave in the worst possible way when there are no consequnces for doing it.

The speculation about in-person stuff is likely true though. There may have also been some snide comments made over time that I can't remember. I've been in the whole mating/relationships environment for 21 years. I guarantee that I have been rejected due to my height and I guarantee some rude comments have been made about it. While I can't recall any specific instances, it has definitely happened.

I have had a female co-worker who was 5'1" and rejected everyone under 6'0". I doubt everyone she rejected was informed it was due to their height.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
866
Reaction score
1,323
Location
NJ/NYC
On swipe apps, it has been direct though but I never met those people in person. People behave in the worst possible way when there are no consequnces for doing it.

The speculation about in-person stuff is likely true though. There may have also been some snide comments made over time that I can't remember. I've been in the whole mating/relationships environment for 21 years. I guarantee that I have been rejected due to my height and I guarantee some rude comments have been made about it. While I can't recall any specific instances, it has definitely happened.

I have had a female co-worker who was 5'1" and rejected everyone under 6'0". I doubt everyone she rejected was informed it was due to their height.
How do you guarantee that you’ve experienced consistent, outright rudeness and rejection for your height? Seriously, are you actually 5’3?

At 5’10, 95% of this is in your head. The other 5% is from swipe apps where chicks are screening out hundreds of men based solely on pics and height. Get off the swipe apps.
 

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
866
Reaction score
1,323
Location
NJ/NYC
I have had a female co-worker who was 5'1" and rejected everyone under 6'0". I doubt everyone she rejected was informed it was due to their height.
Well then how do you know? She told you? You’ve personally witnessed every single instance of a 5’10 guy approaching her, her whipping out a measuring tape, and going “nope, sorry, you’re a really cute, attractive man but you’re 2 inches shy?”

Let me reiterate— this is a hang up you have, exacerbated by toxic internet media use, and it’s ridiculous because you’re not actually short.

Women are more attracted to tall men, yes, but a major reason why they’re not attracted to short men is because of the Napoleonic hang ups they have, which they then project onto all of their problems and failures, instead of owning and accepting themselves.
 

johntab67

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 26, 2014
Messages
20
Reaction score
1
I don't understand women who put height requirements in their profiles. Once they see your height in your profile they will swipe left anyhow. There is no chance they would ever match you so what is the point???
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
Well then how do you know? She told you? You’ve personally witnessed every single instance of a 5’10 guy approaching her, her whipping out a measuring tape, and going “nope, sorry, you’re a really cute, attractive man but you’re 2 inches shy?”

Let me reiterate— this is a hang up you have, exacerbated by toxic internet media use, and it’s ridiculous because you’re not actually short.

Women are more attracted to tall men, yes, but a major reason why they’re not attracted to short men is because of the Napoleonic hang ups they have, which they then project onto all of their problems and failures, instead of owning and accepting themselves.
Women have made backhanded comments to me about my height and I’m 5’10”. A girl I was dating even said “if I wear my heels am I going to be taller than you?” and I remember thinking “who fvcking cares?”. Looking back on it, she had the Hangup not me. So now when I’m rejected after a few dates I always assume it’s because the girl tried to like me but couldn’t get past that I’m 5’10”.
 

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
866
Reaction score
1,323
Location
NJ/NYC
Women have made backhanded comments to me about my height and I’m 5’10”. A girl I was dating even said “if I wear my heels am I going to be taller than you?” and I remember thinking “who fvcking cares?”. Looking back on it, she had the Hangup not me. So now when I’m rejected after a few dates I always assume it’s because the girl tried to like me but couldn’t get past that I’m 5’10”.
If she had an issue with your height, there probably wouldn’t have been more than one date, let alone a first date.

This is typical of people these days refusing ownership of their own locus of control, instead blaming external “unfair” factors. For instance, your personality, game, charm, style, overall aesthetic, played no role in women losing interest after a few dates. It was solely because you’re under 6ft.

I mean this in a positive, constructive way: your self-limiting beliefs are pathetic. Get that handled.
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
If she had an issue with your height, there probably wouldn’t have been more than one date, let alone a first date.

This is typical of people these days refusing ownership of their own locus of control, instead blaming external “unfair” factors. For instance, your personality, game, charm, style, overall aesthetic, played no role in women losing interest after a few dates. It was solely because you’re under 6ft.

I mean this in a positive, constructive way: your self-limiting beliefs are pathetic. Get that handled.
I’ve heard several women say flat out “he was perfect but I wish he was taller! I went out with him a few times hoping to be able to move past that but I just couldn’t!”. Just because you make it past one date doesn’t mean anything these days. Those other things might have played a part but she still raised the issue, I didn’t.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top