Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is the Night of January 1 The Easiest Day of the Year to Get Laid

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have always preferred going out on NYD as opposed to NYE, sit, read the paper, reflect on the previous year and watch football. Most people out on NYD are the ones who are up to starting the year afresh, and not wasted from the night before. Much more peaceful and sociable on NYD, where NYE is just a messy drunken cliché. I did meet a really nice girl once but had somewhere else to be and didn't act on it

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have always preferred going out on NYD as opposed to NYE, sit, read the paper, reflect on the previous year and watch football. Most people out on NYD are the ones who are up to starting the year afresh, and not wasted from the night before. Much more peaceful and sociable on NYD, where NYE is just a messy drunken cliché. I did meet a really nice girl once but had somewhere else to be and didn't act on it
The idea is that women who go out on the night of January 1 are horny, single, and motivated to meet new men to start off the year.

I tried going out on the night of January 1 in a couple of different years and didn't have a good time with it.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the bottom line is a guy needs to be a bit of a contrarian and not pick dates that are too stereotypically “popular/easy” for scoring. Otherwise, he’s headed for a couple’s (or worse) sausage fest.
It's so difficult to be a contrarian. I have a friend who swears by Halloween as being easy pickings for getting poontang. He's a married man who has become a major beta male. Before his current relationship that turned into a marriage, he was seducing a lot of poontang. He was able to do this because of his 6'4" height and he was in good shape before getting too complacent in his current relationship.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah Ive seen people bring their family and friends out during that night to bars. You run into a lot of talkative people, and a lot of out of town girls who are friendly. Tourists are always more open about things so there's less ***** shields.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's always a lot of friends going out then.
Ive seen people bring their family and friends out during that night to bars.
This could be a downside for a more serious seducer. Friend groups catching up on stuff for the Thanksgiving holiday might be less open to meeting new people than a typical night. This would make things even more difficult for a man rolling solo to the bars to get attention.

You run into a lot of talkative people, and a lot of out of town girls who are friendly. Tourists are always more open about things so there's less ***** shields.
Getting through the infamous 'Biatch Shields' and overall talkative/friendliness can be good.

Because of out-of-towners, do you think there's more openness to same night sex? It's possible there could be more one night stands on Thanksgiving Eve. Might not be worthwhile for a man seeking more than one night stand.

Friendliness is also not the same as intention for sex. It's best when women are going out with the intention of meeting men, either for same night sex or for an extended relationship.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This could be a downside for a more serious seducer. Friend groups catching up on stuff for the Thanksgiving holiday might be less open to meeting new people than a typical night. This would make things even more difficult for a man rolling solo to the bars to get attention.

Getting through the infamous 'Biatch Shields' and overall talkative/friendliness can be good.

Because of out-of-towners, do you think there's more openness to same night sex? It's possible there could be more one night stands on Thanksgiving Eve. Might not be worthwhile for a man seeking more than one night stand.

Friendliness is also not the same as intention for sex. It's best when women are going out with the intention of meeting men, either for same night sex or for an extended relationship.
Using my intuition, I would have to say no with a little bit of a yes. The reasoning is that if they do have a night stand with a guy, their only option is to just go to the other person's place. They arent going to invite you back to their own unless they are having an after party where she suspects to pull you secretly into her guest room. And if they decide to go back with the guy, that's signaling to her family that she's in town with that she's being a slut. The only safer option is her disappearing for a bit to the guy's car or another bar to make out, or do sex.

I'd be interested to hear of other men's experience in that kind of scenario of out of town family members being hosted out on the town. I suppose if the family member is known for being promiscuous, it's usually understood by the other members.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because of out-of-towners, do you think there's more openness to same night sex?
Probably less. Women worry about what their actions may look like to friends/family should they hook up with some random guy. Too much cahk blocking direct and indirect. For my friends and family Thanksgiving Eve was more about enjoying each other's company than hooking up with some stranger.

The time period between Thanksgiving and Christmas has always been the best time for me to pull girls out of bars that I had sex with that nite.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably less. Women worry about what their actions may look like to friends/family should they hook up with some random guy. Too much cahk blocking direct and indirect. For my friends and family Thanksgiving Eve was more about enjoying each other's company than hooking up with some stranger.
They arent going to invite you back to their own unless they are having an after party where she suspects to pull you secretly into her guest room. And if they decide to go back with the guy, that's signaling to her family that she's in town with that she's being a slut. The only safer option is her disappearing for a bit to the guy's car or another bar to make out, or do sex.
Getting to sex is likely to be more difficult on Thanksgiving Eve because its more social groups. The likelihood of penis blocking is high.

The time period between Thanksgiving and Christmas has always been the best time for me to pull girls out of bars that I had sex with that nite.

There is some wisdom out there that indicates that the period between November 15 and the night of January 1 or January 2 is a dead zone for finding new sexual options. It is interesting that you've done well in what seems to be a dead zone for many men.

I've had a more difficult time finding dates during the mid-November to end of year period, but finding first dates and having sex on first dates isn't the same as going for the same night sex at the bars.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This year, January 1 happens to fall on a Monday. This year will not be an ideal calendar setup for going out on the night of January 1. Tuesday, January 2 will be the first day back to work after some amount of a holiday break for many. It's not a good look to come into work tired after a late night at the bar on the first day of work after the new year. It's a challenge that can be worked around if a person has enough motivation to go try out this night for getting laid.

alicentjenner

Reaction score
I know but this year i am not very optimistic about getting laid, god forbid I think I'll be laid in office with work.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have never liked going out later into a weeknight and having to work the next day (either at home or in the office). It's a little easier to do this with working at home, but even performing a work at home white collar job requires sleep and concentration. That's what will happen on Tuesday, January 2 this year. I also don't think using a vacation/paid time off type day is a good thing to do this early in the calendar year. It's better to save those days for later in the calendar year.

It was so much easier to go out on weeknights and engage in nightlife when I was in college. Even if I had something like a 9 am or 10 am class the next day, a regular college class required less concentration and effort than a typical working day. The exception to that would be a day where there was an exam in a college class.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I doubt Christmas Day is a good day for doing day game approaches. Few men are going to have early stage dates (dates 1-3) on Christmas Day.
Is anyone doing approaches during the next 3 days (December 23-25)? Is anyone swiping actively? Is anyone going on a first or second date between now and December 31?

The last 2 weeks of the year are the biggest down period for meeting new women. This period is good for men in committed, extended relationships.

Many men without prospects might benefit from relaxing this week and re-charging to go hard starting the night of January 1 at the earliest, but definitely January 2-3.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is anyone doing approaches during the next 3 days (December 23-25)? Is anyone swiping actively? Is anyone going on a first or second date between now and December 31?

The last 2 weeks of the year are the biggest down period for meeting new women. This period is good for men in committed, extended relationships.

Many men without prospects might benefit from relaxing this week and re-charging to go hard starting the night of January 1 at the earliest, but definitely January 2-3.
I was meaning to update this thread. Yes, women are being far more receptive this week. Especially if you got the looks down. Talking being more talkative. Almost felt like I was in the UK for a second. I'll enjoy it while I can before they all close their legs back up after NYE.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's the easiest day of the year to catch Covid and get laid down by it.
This aged well. Its always amusing seeing the old remarks from people who've silently abandoned parroting the old narrative they were hypnotized by.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say the day before Thanksgiving, it's the biggest party day of the year.
I agree, one of my best nights was out on Thanksgiving Eve. NYE is just a bunch of drunk morons. The people who go out on Thanksgiving Eve are much more "normal" crowds.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll enjoy it while I can before they all close their legs back up after NYE.
Really? I thought women were motivated to meet new men in January after enduring a lousy, lonely holiday season.

Yes, women are being far more receptive this week.
Good for you for experiencing this! Nightlife venue approaching? Same night sex or setting up first dates?

NYE is just a bunch of drunk morons.
They are drunk morons and it's often couples centric.

It can be deflating to reach midnight and not have anyone to kiss, especially if many around you are kissing some significant other.

If a man wants to go out on NYE, he should know ahead of time who his midnight kiss is going to be.

Last edited: