Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is the Night of January 1 The Easiest Day of the Year to Get Laid

Reaction score
In my experience, this has the potential to be true. The two years that I went out on the night of January 1 to test Roosh's idea were both weekdays if I remember correctly. However, Roosh wrote...

" Sometimes New Year’s Day falls on a dud day like Monday, but in any decent city there is at least one bar that is active on any given night. Go to that bar and then thank me later. There’s nothing like starting the year off with a bang "

It is possible that I didn't go to the right bars in my city the years that I tried it out.

The holiday season is all about women and beta males. November 15-January 1 (day) is all about women, children, and betas in relationships and/or betas with families. Single, unattached men do not benefit at all during this 6 week period. Additionally, it becomes more difficult to find dates during this time, especially with swipe apps. Cold approaching is also less fruitful during this time. Before the pandemic, holiday private residence parties were worthwhile for social circle date finding. Much of that scene has been reduced the last 2 years.

and the beta males get so uppidty and confident that you can just tell they are using up all of that pent up energy on the world

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never go out on NYE... it's just a sh1t show.
Yes, NYE is a shiit show. That's not the question. NYE is the night of December 31. The night of January 1 is the next night. The hypothesis is that the people who go out on the night of January 1 (say January 1 at 9 PM) are more single and more motivated than average.

and the beta males get so uppidty and confident that you can just tell they are using up all of that pent up energy on the world
There is a certain smugness that a lot of married people have towards single, unattached people. Once they get divorced, they are in for a rude awakening in a lot of cases. Divorce is common, even with smug marrieds.

I have seen cases of smug marrieds getting divorced and re-married so quickly that you barely even knew they were single.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, NYE is a shiit show. That's not the question. NYE is the night of December 31. The night of January 1 is the next night. The hypothesis is that the people who go out on the night of January 1 (say January 1 at 9 PM) are more single and more motivated than average.
Maybe... but my point is that you should never go out and do something just because you think you are going to get laid. They might be motivated, but if you are not having fun then you will not be attractive. If you like being in crowds with lots of noise and drinking then absolutely go out and do it. You are having fun and people will be attracted to you because of your attitude.

I learned this about 20 years ago. In my 20's and early 30's I used to do REALLY well at clubs and parties. Then when I hit my mid-30's night clubs and drinking parties really wasn't fun for me anymore... but out of habit I kept going and I never was able to repeat my early success. Then one night I was in a club in Amsterdam (2000) I really didn't want to be there but went with friends and agreed to be the DD. So I just sat back and observed... you could tell the dudes that were just there to get laid... and the chicks were pretty much ignoring them. The dudes that were having fun had chicks all around them.

Women are a lot more intuitive than we are, and they can smell out this sh1t 10 times better than we do. A man's attitude is a lot more important than opportunity. Generally women that go to clubs and party are looking to hook up, so it's really not that hard to find someone as long as you look good and are having fun. Looking good and having opportunity are only a couple of factors... attitude drives behavior and that makes all the difference.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe... but my point is that you should never go out and do something just because you think you are going to get laid. They might be motivated, but if you are not having fun then you will not be attractive. If you like being in crowds with lots of noise and drinking then absolutely go out and do it. You are having fun and people will be attracted to you because of your attitude.

I learned this about 20 years ago. In my 20's and early 30's I used to do REALLY well at clubs and parties. Then when I hit my mid-30's night clubs and drinking parties really wasn't fun for me anymore... but out of habit I kept going and I never was able to repeat my early success. Then one night I was in a club in Amsterdam (2000) I really didn't want to be there but went with friends and agreed to be the DD. So I just sat back and observed... you could tell the dudes that were just there to get laid... and the chicks were pretty much ignoring them. The dudes that were having fun had chicks all around them.

Women are a lot more intuitive than we are, and they can smell out this sh1t 10 times better than we do. A man's attitude is a lot more important than opportunity. Generally women that go to clubs and party are looking to hook up, so it's really not that hard to find someone as long as you look good and are having fun. Looking good and having opportunity are only a couple of factors... attitude drives behavior and that makes all the difference.
Interesting. While I had some successes in bars/nightclubs, I have never really liked them. Even when I was 21, I tolerated them more than liking them. In my late 20s, I started to shift my pickup more towards non-bar venues during the day.

I disliked the late hours, crowds, and loudness more than the alcohol. A lot of venues simply aren't quiet enough to have a reasonable conversation. There was a time I also tried doing approaches at weeknight Happy Hours (roughly 5-8 PM). That was a little better.

I also never had a good wingman. My closest friend winged for me one night not long after he proposed to his girlfriend. He was an atrocious wing.

My more introverted personality is better suited for non-bar approaching.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe tonight if in large cities, buy typically nye signals the end of the expensive festive season and most go out xmas parties and nye if they're going to get smashed/party, meaning 1st Jan is usually absolutely dead out in town and typically is quiter than rest of the year for the whole of January and even February ime.

Maybe that means good for pickups as less rowdy groups to contend with?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe that means good for pickups as less rowdy groups to contend with?
Large groups of women demonstrate a non-seriousness of looking to meet men. I have strongly believed in never approaching female groups of more than 3. I like female groups of 2, especially when I am approaching alone at bars.

Non-bar approaching often has isolation built in, which is why I prefer it as a bit of a lone wolf, introverted sigma male. I'm much more likely to find a woman away from her friends at a grocery store, a park/walking path, the gym/a fitness class, etc.

Only one way to find out
I was disappointed that on the years I tried to go out on the night of Jan. 1 that I didn't get any traction.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i usually air the new year shenanigans the night never lives up to the hype and it can get desperate out quickly as most chicks will have parties or guys to go to

Club / bar game has by far been my most successful route to pu$$y over the years usually in the summer months girls just seem to be constantly wearing next to nothing and up for a good time

The problem is as you get older the crowd gets younger .....i was out in a small local club 2 weeks before Christmas i don't think there was 1 person over the age of about 22 in there , i am only 29 but felt 39

Still came close to bagging a very hot little 19 yo but her friend was wary of me and c0ck blocked

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reaction score
i usually air the new year shenanigans the night never lives up to the hype and it can get desperate out quickly as most chicks will have parties or guys to go to

Club / bar game has by far been my most successful route to pu$$y over the years usually in the summer months girls just seem to be constantly wearing next to nothing and up for a good time

The problem is as you get older the crowd gets younger .....i was out in a small local club 2 weeks before Christmas i don't think there was 1 person over the age of about 22 in there , i am only 29 but felt 39

Still came close to bagging a very hot little 19 yo but her friend was wary of me and c0ck blocked
Clubs are for young women and rich men plain and simple

Reaction score
I'm not rich and done most damage when i barely had two pennies to rub together
Idk how it is in the UK but in the US, most clubs charge men 20 minimum dollars to get in, the dance for is a sausage fest and most of the women are in private rooms with bottle service.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Idk how it is in the UK but in the US, most clubs charge men 20 minimum dollars to get in, the dance for is a sausage fest and most of the women are in private rooms with bottle service.
Tbf i think we are getting clubs confused with bars .... in the UK theres not many "clubs" as in dancing super clubs that i think you are referring to

In the UK we have mainly have bars that have small dance floors and lounge / seating areas usually they are not that big but there are lots of them and often they are chains so all follow the same formats across citys

I agree its always mega difficult to pull women on a crowded dance floor everyones pushing and shoving , people are sweaty, its usually a c0ck fest and girls freinds are usually mega protective over them

If you get the option ALWAYS choose to sit down with them

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier, I tested out Roosh's idea that the night of January 1 was the easiest night of the year to get laid. I didn't have good experiences those two times I tested it. Things were dead those nights. These tests were years before the pandemic too.

Halloween is a bit overrated and overhyped as an easy night to get laid. Too much attention whoring and not actual whoring.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NYE is further down the list for me.
Halloween would be my top holiday. Reason being women reason that it is their alter ego and Guys can pick a costume that gives off a more sexual /rugged vibe than their everyday wardrobe.
I'm also going to suggest Super Bowl Sunday since you have 1) day drinking 2) Party atmosphere 3) multiple locations to go
Uh, when a man puts on a costume for a "sexual/rugged" vibe, he looks like this: :rolleyes:

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the past I have had randos make out with me and even hooked up a few times on a couple of new years eve / new years.

Wasn't every year but it happened a number of years. On that day and Halloween you can get some action if you are at the right places.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Halloween you can get some action if you are at the right places.
What have been some of the right places for you for Halloween? I would think private residence parties are way better than bars/nightclubs for Halloween events. Less attention whoring at private residence parties and smaller groups. Big groups of girls are usually less serious about meeting men. That's why bachelorette party groups are generally overhyped as nightlife getting laid prospects.