"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

I'm just disappointed...

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 14, 2024
Messages
5,465
Reaction score
2,951
Age
37
Any of you guys feel that way?
Back in The 2000s, The OGs around me were emphatic: "Avoid mixing booze and sex with women you've just met.... It's remarkably easy for a gal to claim r-pe afterwards". The barbarically forgotten Asa Baber counseled men similarly in his Playboy column during The 80s

This isn't new, and while I support changing some aspects of our legal system which essentially remove the burden of proof off of the state, there will NEVER be a day where bedding drunk chicks at bars isn't a foolish move
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,078
Reaction score
1,712
Age
29
To add, I am in male/female support group once a week and a few of the guys stated they are now somewhat nervous about sexually escalating especially while drinking due to the Cornell 7 case.

Even when she consents! And also are more nervous cold approaching as well

It's lowered their trust and wouid simply rather avoid than to risk exactly what's happening in Cornell 7.

It's something they think about whereas prior to, they weren't concerned at all.

Any of you guys feel that way?
Tbh, I have no idea what the advice or takeaways would be to protect yourself and not end up in situations like this.
 

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
3,039
Reaction score
1,898
Age
42
Location
Florida
Any of you guys feel that way?
No. Finding the right woman is in the long term existential.

Tbh, I have no idea what the advice or takeaways would be to protect yourself and not end up in situations like this.
The only thing I can think of is just be a good judge of character.
 

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2017
Messages
4,078
Reaction score
1,712
Age
29
No. Finding the right woman is in the long term existential.



The only thing I can think of is just be a good judge of character.
I get what you’re saying, but check out how fast see switched up once she wasn’t invited to that party.

“Nothing was illegal, i luv u king” -> “You aren’t my friend, you’re covering your ass” -> rape charge.

I suppose you could say, you see who people really are when they don’t get what they want, when things are inconvenient for them, or they’re met with a boundary.
 

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2008
Messages
3,039
Reaction score
1,898
Age
42
Location
Florida
I get what you’re saying, but check out how fast see switched up once she wasn’t invited to that party.

“Nothing was illegal, i luv u king” -> “You aren’t my friend, you’re covering your ass” -> rape charge.

I suppose you could say, you see who people really are when they don’t get what they want, when things are inconvenient for them, or they’re met with a boundary.
Back when I had roommates, I used to leave a five dollar bill laying on a table, just to see if someone would take it.

I also believe that enforcing honest boundaries also acts as a filter for the kind of people you want to have around. Of course I wouldn't know what to tell you about passive aggressive people.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Top