Divorced w 3
Master Don Juan
- Joined
- Nov 20, 2022
- Messages
- 3,864
- Reaction score
- 2,508
This is what Oneitis sounds like.
Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.
Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?
You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.
Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.
Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.
Running is fine, but start lifting weights otherwise you are burning as much muscle as fat.It has stuck for a long time - the anger really lasted 3 weeks, after that it became a necessary change for myself. It is still a habit, I'm out running 3 times per week at least, sometimes 4. Heck - I went through 3 pairs of running shoes in last 6 months. I started with walking about 80km weekly.
The route I take remains largely the same but now I do intervals of running and walking - no stopping until I reach the 5k mark at least.
This is still all new to me, but I am adapting to it well for someone who was overweight 6 months ago. I am doing it for myself and I did admit that it didn't start off that way and I also enjoy running now. She is still around, but I treat her like anyone else if I see her. I stopped auditioning for her the way I see it now.
She showed me very clearly she wants nothing to do with me when she ghosted me that one morning. Her presence never bothered me (even after that) but at the same time I will not be the one to break the ice.
That is what this week coming up is for - next 2 actually. Easing back into the gym routine. Running was purely for weight loss. I took my entire vacation at once and will use it to build a sustainable gym routine. I will still continue to run especially since I really do enjoy it now. And I am definitely back to my old self. Saw a girl check me out today and she was not shy about it at all, looked at me smiled, brushed her hair back, so I approached and started talking to her. Turns out she lives a few blocks away from me. I got her number, and we are going out on Saturday.Running is fine, but start lifting weights otherwise you are burning as much muscle as fat.
Well, I hate to tell you this but weight lifting is more effective for fat loss than running.That is what this week coming up is for - next 2 actually. Easing back into the gym routine. Running was purely for weight loss. I took my entire vacation at once and will use it to build a sustainable gym routine. I will still continue to run especially since I really do enjoy it now. And I am definitely back to my old self. Saw a girl check me out today and she was not shy about it at all, looked at me smiled, brushed her hair back, so I approached and started talking to her. Turns out she lives a few blocks away from me. I got her number, and we are going out on Saturday.That right there goes to one of the very first replies to this whole thread: When a woman is truly interested, she won't hide it or play hard to get, or provide ambiguous answers. She will just say yes.
I have a set of dumbbells at home too, pre-assembled with plates, but I only have 50lb total to work with. No bench at home, don't need it as I focus on arms and shoulders at home already.
You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.
Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.
Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.
Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.