Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Here is how you get a long term relationship that is fulfilling and has minimal drama

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here you go chica.

Thank you daddy. I'll look through it.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here you go chica.

It’s a bullshvt analysis because race isn’t fully disassociated from the socioeconomic conditions.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to bring things out by race, you’d have to compare per race the couples married at the same age in the same income bracket with the same educational attainment. These studies are so bad at isolating the variable in question

Example:
Household income of $100,000-200,000, both spouses with a 4 year degree or higher, with a large enough sample to compare (minimum number of couples say 1,000) that qualify.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
If human emotions can be tabulated and analysed, why do nerds generally remain incredibly stupid when it comes to interaction with other people?

Why do people still lose money in the stock exchange?

Normal people do not act rational, they base their decisions largely on emotions.

For example, plenty of people actually can't afford to buy the latest iPhone but would use their credit cards to purchase one and somehow endure not eating lunch for a few months just to pay off that debt.

Completely irrational but to them it's rational and worth it.

Stop discussing statistics and start learning how you can be greater then before.

Increase ur current skills and acquire new ones.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to bring things out by race, you’d have to compare per race the couples married at the same age in the same income bracket with the same educational attainment. These studies are so bad at isolating the variable in question

Example:
Household income of $100,000-200,000, both spouses with a 4 year degree or higher, with a large enough sample to compare (minimum number of couples say 1,000) that qualify.
One of the references Rick's study uses is this one, which says that "We also observe significant differences by race in the effects of key compositional factors on the risk of marital disruption, including age at marriage, education, premarital childbearing, and region of residence. Differences in population composition with respect to these characteristics, however, cannot alone explain the overall racial gap in disruption."

However, I found no actual control for ethnicity in Rick's study.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If human emotions can be tabulated and analysed, why do nerds generally remain incredibly stupid when it comes to interaction with other people?

Why do people still lose money in the stock exchange?

Normal people do not act rational, they base their decisions largely on emotions.

For example, plenty of people actually can't afford to buy the latest iPhone but would use their credit cards to purchase one and somehow endure not eating lunch for a few months just to pay off that debt.

Completely irrational but to them it's rational and worth it.

Stop discussing statistics and start learning how you can be greater then before.

Increase ur current skills and acquire new ones.
This is a horrible conflation of two things that have nothing to do with each other. A nerd doesn’t have to be in a 50 year successful marriage to perform an empirical analysis on marriage.

This is also a big fat straw man argument. An empirical analysis of marriage is not a tabulation of human emotion. Marriage =/= “human emotion”

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The odds of divorce are completely different depending on which demographics the couple fits into, to the point that it's practically irrelevant to group them all together into into one statistic and use it as a bludgeon.
Whaaaaat? How can that be? I know I've read on SoSuave that all women are alike to the point of practically being carbon copies of each other. They're just waiting for the right time to cuck you with some alpha before divorce-raping you.

Anyway, your point is valid. Doesn't really matter what the odds are though, if it happens to you.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
This is a horrible conflation of two things that have nothing to do with each other. A nerd doesn’t have to be in a 50 year successful marriage to perform an empirical analysis on marriage.

This is also a big fat straw man argument. An empirical analysis of marriage is not a tabulation of human emotion. Marriage =/= “human emotion”
This must be the famous default response ones gets from nerds with inferiority complex.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Spoken like someone who can’t rebut the truth.
Well there aren't any useless people in the world, only people who can't make good use of their circumstances.

Guess it makes sense to defer to databases as a coping mechanism.

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@cola OP post is pretty much how I got in a relationship 5 years ago lol

One thing I've learnt is always maintain the chasing.

It can be a pain and I miss my single days, but monogamy isn't so bad if you pick a good one.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
These crude rates are misleading at best. To get an accurate picture you have to break it down into a large multitude of demographics:

- Educational attainment
- Ethnicity (including whether both are the same ethnicity, and if not, which of the man and woman is what ethnicity; for example in America black man+white woman like my parents = higher risk of divorce than white+white, but white man+black woman = lower risk of divorce than white+white, and asians overall have the lowest risk of divorce)
- Income
- Age of marriage
- Age of first sexual activity (could only find this for women so far)
- Number of previous sexual partners (again only found a study that shows correlation for women so far)
- Religious attendance (this is also the one factor that lowers odds of cheating among both genders)
- Previous divorces (you did note this)
- Occupation (the divorce rates actually vary wildly by occupation)

The odds of divorce are completely different depending on which demographics the couple fits into, to the point that it's practically irrelevant to group them all together into into one statistic and use it as a bludgeon.

I haven't yet found a comprehensive regression analysis to begin sorting out which variables are more symptomatic of other variables and which are more causative (for example, the fact that higher education is associated with lower divorce may be because high education leads to higher income which is what really matters - or they may both matter, or other factors that lead to divorce may just be more concentrated in people with lower education), but I'm looking for it. Without a comprehensive regression analysis, even all of these demographic factors are just guesses in the dark too statistically speaking.
Well since money is usually a big reason for arguments and fights, it would reason people with better jobs/higher education get divorced at a lower rate but this is not always true.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My happiest married friends commonly have a joint acc with payments proportional to their income. Rest is their own money.

I suspect minor white nighting where hubby pays a bit more out of his money but overall seems ok.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Absolutely incredible guide, a lot of players only talk about getting dates but not enough talk about maintaing a relationship, the game doesn't end once she becomes your Girlfriend.

Lot of guys let red flags that come up early on in the relationship slide then wonder why it ended so badly. Always gotta be alert in a relationship

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
These crude rates are misleading at best. To get an accurate picture you have to break it down into a large multitude of demographics:

- Educational attainment
- Ethnicity (including whether both are the same ethnicity, and if not, which of the man and woman is what ethnicity; for example in America black man+white woman like my parents = higher risk of divorce than white+white, but white man+black woman = lower risk of divorce than white+white, and asians overall have the lowest risk of divorce)
- Income
- Age of marriage
- Age of first sexual activity (could only find this for women so far)
- Number of previous sexual partners (again only found a study that shows correlation for women so far)
- Religious attendance (this is also the one factor that lowers odds of cheating among both genders)
- Previous divorces (you did note this)
- Occupation (the divorce rates actually vary wildly by occupation)

I haven't yet found a comprehensive regression analysis to begin sorting out which variables are more symptomatic of other variables and which are more causative (for example, the fact that higher education is associated with lower divorce may be because high education leads to higher income which is what really matters - or they may both matter, or other factors that lead to divorce may just be more concentrated in people with lower education), but I'm looking for it. Without a comprehensive regression analysis, even all of these demographic factors are just guesses in the dark too statistically speaking.
didn't know that about religious attendance, good to know, makes sense

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, I would agree with this. I do not like the contract, that is all. It bothers me that some other entity (The State) has say over my assets which I earned myself; thus I recommend any person do this. My current GF is now hinting on marriage. I told her my stance, she then say well we better get this check out soon. Two days ago, I said, well, my attorney said we can have a private ceremony, just no State certificate. You'd still have to sign various documents and have your own legal representation. If you do not agree with this, I understand completely, you would have to make a choice. If it ends, it ends. Don't blame me, blame the State reps and the no-fault divorce rules. She backed down completely. I can always find another lady. However, I will be damed if I will allow myself to be thrown out of my own home and lose my assets due to some irrelevant piece of paper.
so every three or four months it seems she tries to pressure you again

RickTheToad

Reaction score
so every three or four months it seems she tries to pressure you again
She came in crying the other day because of this. I said, if you are going to cry, this isn't going to work. You need to stop it. I also said, point blank, if you are going to make me choose you or me, it will be me. Don't put me in that position, as you will not like the result. She dropped it so far. However, we shall see what happens.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She came in crying the other day because of this. I said, if you are going to cry, this isn't going to work. You need to stop it. I also said, point blank, if you are going to make me choose you or me, it will be me. Don't put me in that position, as you will not like the result. She dropped it so far. However, we shall see what happens.
It sounds to me that either of you are just buying time for the inevitable unfortunately. This desire of hers is always going to be burning inside her and she's going to need someone that can fulfill that eventually. And she knows it's not going to be you and she maybe just looking for a monkey branching opportunity to come along.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
It sounds to me that either of you are just buying time for the inevitable unfortunately. This desire of hers is always going to be burning inside her and she's going to need someone that can fulfill that eventually. And she knows it's not going to be you and she maybe just looking for a monkey branching opportunity to come along.
^this....try to get some more memories-do something fun so there's a happy adrenalin lasting impression.
Rockclimbing, go rent some dirtbikes, sailing. I always knew when relationships were about to wrap up and I wish we had gone out with a bang....end of schoolyear fieldtrip kind of feeling. Take pictures.