Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Going on a cruise with my ex

FMCSMT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man screw that, I know you make the big bucks but $1200 ain’t a drop in the bucket. He needs to go on that cruise and have fun, who has $1200 to waste?

If she would dare bring a dude back to their shared cabin she has 0 respect for him as a human being, no one would stoop that low..
“Man Overboard” comes to mind...j/s

As in the dude she brings back better be wearing a life jacket...all I’m sayin

FMCSMT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
With her family there she might not be as willing to stoop as low as bring another guy around. Perhaps Shes hopeful about them?
Kid is going to wonder how many dads does mom need to bring back to her room? Lol!!

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Correct he is almost certain to go, perhaps make a post about how well it went, and then write a follow up post a month later about how she’s gone dark and nothing is good anymore.

no offense to Robert, I think he knows this. But emotions are a funny thing and sometimes it’s best to let a man make his own mistakes.

lots of men are willing to settle. BEST CASE scenario is he doesn’t go and tells the b1tch to pound sand. Second best scenario is he gets back together with his ex who dumped him and is now with him because she couldon’t find anyone better to be with and is settling for him.

easy choice for me. 1200 is little sunk cost when it comes to self respect
The money is just one more reason to rationalize going.

We all do that.

FMCSMT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That actualy might be true, but id still question her motive.

He is playing right into her frame, not the best spot to be in
Depending on the correspondence, he can still control frame here. Maybe not easy, but doable. Just like the single mom in this story..

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps. But sharing a 230 sq. ft. room on a ship in the middle of the sea/ocean for days on end is a recipe for disaster.
If he is FVCKING her nightly it is not bad at all. I think to make sure, he shoud have her over for a drink BEFORE the trip. Because cvcking him on that trip will be a disaster.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If he is FVCKING her nightly it is not bad at all. I think to make sure, he shoud have her over for a drink BEFORE the trip. Because cvcking him on that trip will be a disaster.
You got a point there if it was to happen, but he just wrote a post telling us he does not think its gonna happen.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Easier said than done; a different lady on the cruise. This is not a singles cruise, it's a family cruise I believe. Not sure this will be possible; unless with single mom's.

FMCSMT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OP - how often in life are you going to run into a scenario like this? Never, again. Like you said.

You gotta go. Stuff gets weird then just leave, plenty to do. Get on that boat. If you bang, that’s a bonus to the bonus of the cruise...in your weird scenario...that is going to be awesome.

Have a close friend, similar situation, they went to Dominican Republic together, both banging new people at the time. They didn’t bang on the trip. She was hot! No kids. His new gal was good looking too and way better in bed.

Anyway, they had a good time. He got some sun. They are still friends. Weird.

I, personally, don’t believe in co-Ed friendships but it planned out for them I guess. I would have boned her for sure.

Just a tip, don’t get upset if you don’t bang. Indifference is going to be your friend on this trip.

Cheers!

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You got a point there if it was to happen, but he just wrote a post telling us he does not think its gonna happen.
He better make sure she wants to give him some puzzy, unless he has that much RESERVE in his swag and self image to allow this to go down without her wanting to fvck. Imagine that she did all that, got back from the trip and got some dude that didn't want to do nothing with her to hit it! smh, I don't want anyone here allowing that bullshyt.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Easier said than done; a different lady on the cruise. This is not a singles cruise, it's a family cruise I believe. Not sure this will be possible; unless with single mom's.
In the 230 sq ft room, the rest of the family should be in another room, right? If it's him in the ex in a room, and the kids and mom in law in another great. I think before the trip he should make sure he can hit it. Frame it like a player.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I will say my confidence is at a high level right now due to my working out over the last several months. My swagger is back, I was honestly beaten down from the whole “ljbf” out of nowhere. It’s highly unlikely I’ll ever see this girl again after this trip, I don’t see a scenario why I would see her after our return to be honest. My concern is to make sure I’m well over her by then because I don’t want to end up realizing I still have the feels and feeling like a Jack Ass on a boat for a week.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depending on the correspondence, he can still control frame here. Maybe not easy, but doable. Just like the single mom in this story..
Very unlikely
Keeping frame in such a situation is very hard, and the fact that he cant get things in his frame right now, is an indicator of things to come.

I dont think many ppl could do better in his place either.

Hopefully Robert can see that going might make him feel good for a short while, but it will only make things worst afterward.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I will say my confidence is at a high level right now due to my working out over the last several months. My swagger is back, I was honestly beaten down from the whole “ljbf” out of nowhere. It’s highly unlikely I’ll ever see this girl again after this trip, I don’t see a scenario why I would see her after our return to be honest. My concern is to make sure I’m well over her by then because I don’t want to end up realizing I still have the feels and feeling like a Jack Ass on a boat for a week.
I'm really looking after your best interest here.......

That post still look like rationalizing to me.

You realize that the confidence you have right now will turn to **** if your not over her. It might also take alot more time to get it back after the trip if things turn bad

051AV

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You ain't going to find much poon tang if its a Disney cruise, if it was an ordinary cruise I would say go and have fun you could sneak off and enjoy yourself with other people. I'd probably bite the bullet and take the loss and not go.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn that’s some expensive dignity. I’ll never make plans with another woman, I’ve learned my lesson on this. I don’t care if it’s my fiance and she wants to plan our honeymoon. Nope.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a situation you brought forth to yourself (perhaps unconsciously) to give yourself an opportunity to transcend to the next level. You even made sure it was an expensive lesson so that it will be forever imprinted into your memory. There is a price to pay for not being your best self. And for you, that price is $1,200.

You created all of it so that you may transcend all of it.
Well you’re right but I didn’t agree to this after only dating for a few months. That would have been utterly stupid. We’d also taken several mini vacations together so I figured I didn’t have anything to lose. I was wrong. Like I said, she got what she wanted by breaking up with me.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The mosaic goes much deeper. Whatever lack you have within, you will unconsciously create a situation that will expose that lack so that you may fix it.

It could have very well been the case that you started exhibiting supplicating behavior early on that would eventually lead to being dumped, and during those early moments of supplication, you unconsciously created a situation for yourself in the future to transcend the chinks in your armor.

Look back into your entire life history and you will see this to be true. Every chink in your armor gets met with pain. And pain purifies. This process keeps continuing until every inch of you is healed.

Most of the time, the person is completely unconscious of the healing process. They think some outside force is happening to them. They think they are some victim to circumstances.

But there are no victims and there are no accidents. Everything that has happened to you was for your own greater good. And this is another such situation. Embrace it fully. Let the full force of the lesson sink in.

Only when the lesson fully sinks in will your karma completely dissolve and you are able to turn the page.
Good words.

Words don’t teach though, only life experience teaches.

Whatever the decision, may the OP win with his choices.

If it were me, I’d treat the expense as a bargain of a tuition, while communicating early to her of my intention. It gives her time to mock it up and if she really wanted you to go, would pursue you to change your mind.

Either way, you take your power back and win.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dose of tough love here:

I can't even believe OP made a post about this.

I would gladly PAY/LOSE $1200 to avoid the awkwardness and humiliation of being dragged on a cruise with an ex that dumped me and to make it worse, LJBF'd me months earlier. This OP is almost too surreal to be real, but every year a couple of these, "My ex and I are going on vacation together, bla bla bla" cringe-worthy posts pop up.

Damn, it's probably my genetic make-up and DNA but NO WAY in F*UCK would I go. My dignity, pride, self esteem, and self worth are worth A LOT more than $1200 or $1600 or whatever. Money lost and lesson learned and the dumb b*itch NEVER hears from me again. Period. End of story.

I can't even begin to count how many negative scenarios OP will encounter on this trip. A week's worth of awkwardness, measuring words, side-stepping issues, dealing with an ex--AND her family, etc, etc. Better hope no one from China, S Korea and now Italy board that boat coughing too.

And all you guys who are saying, "Yeah, but he'll probably get some p*ussy are part of the problem--because you're acting like slaves to the p*ussy, like it's the be all end all. This just in...IT's NOT

I am honestly blown away that "men" act like this and would even entertain the idea of going on a cruise under these circumstances. But, that's just me.