fear of stds

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PIMP, I'm not advocating for anyone to jump out of a plane without a parachute. One of the reasons I was able to avoid contracting any STD in my 20's was because I was responsible and protected. However, you actually prove the point I was making; one way AFCs rationalize their lack of game is using a dodged bullet mentality with regards to STDs. Just by me saying that provokes a rash, binary response because it's a socially unassailable premise. It sounds like I'm promoting irresponsibility, when in fact all I'm doing is pointing out an uncomfortable rationalization.

I can also take this a step further and say that in reacting as strongly as most AFCs would to this, they do so from the premise that by their vehemence they hope to prove themselves (even in a semi-anonymous environment) as being more responsible than "other guys" in hopes to qualify themselves being more worthy of female intimacy.

theNEWDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would like to know the exact statistics of hiv in heterosexuals, i am trying to look up information.

theNEWDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for these stats and facts i am having a hard time reading the statistics on homosexuals versus heterosexuals, are the mass majority of people who contract aids homosexuals?

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
theNEWDJ said:
thanks for these stats and facts i am having a hard time reading the statistics on homosexuals versus heterosexuals, are the mass majority of people who contract aids homosexuals?
Men are more likely to get HIV from homosexual sex and women are more likely to get it from heterosexual sex. However, men are more likely to get HIV overall.

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A summary..
1. Always use condoms
2. Stay away from frats, party girls/drunken girls.
3. Look for intelligent, value oriented or professional girls.
4. ask about their sexual past before you do anything. If their answers seem shady and they are more than willing to have sex with you, then you might want to stay away.
5. if sex is what you want without the fear of stds lingering, then stay away from hook ups and instead try to stay in relationships.

anything else??

Reaction score
theNEWDJ said:
How do you guys go about protecting yourselfs?
I have a GLOCK 23 semi-aitomatic, in case the hos start trouble!!

amoka said:
Virgin can be shit load of diseases as well. You are not guaranteed to "Safe" by getting virgin.
This is an impossibility!!!!

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
if i were standing in a room, totally naked, no one would know that i had herpes unless i told them.
the guy i caught herpes from, didn't tell me he had it.
the condom did not prevent it the spread of it.

what else can i say?
WOW!!...you have herpes?!?! what a shocker! :nervous:

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
WOW!!...you have herpes?!?! what a shocker! :nervous:
I'M AS SURPRISED AS YOU ARE!!!!

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On a side note...

NEVER BELIEVE PEOPLE WHEN THEY SAY THAT BUMP ON THEIR UPPER LIP IS JUST A "COLD SORE", YOU CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COMMON COLD SORES AND HERPES SO BE CAREFUL...I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY...

COLD SORES = HERPES

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
On a side note...

NEVER BELIEVE PEOPLE WHEN THEY SAY THAT BUMP ON THEIR UPPER LIP IS JUST A "COLD SORE", YOU CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN COMMON COLD SORES AND HERPES SO BE CAREFUL...I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY...

COLD SORES = HERPES
thats because all cold sores all herpes and there are no cold sores that are not herpes. cold sores is a nice little pet name for herpes on the mouth.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-
-

PK's right.... "cold sore" IS herpes.

-
--

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
beastmaster79 said:
i think your a lot more likely to catch stds if you have a weak immune system. i mean people are exposed to diseases all the time but not everyone catches them.

does that make sense?
that makes no sense, stop spreading misinformation

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
thats because all cold sores all herpes and there are no cold sores that are not herpes. cold sores is a nice little pet name for herpes on the mouth.
i was under the impression that genital herpes and herpes of the mouth are not the same disease, ie if you have it in your mouth area doesn't mean you have the genital version as well. It s been a while since health class in HS so correct me if i'm wrong...

Regarding the "always use condoms advice", which i also give pple, it seems to me that no DJ who has had a lot of girls sticks to it religiously. Of course it s understandable in the case of a LTR, but i know a lot of guys who stray from it even during more casual sex. For me it s a judgement call "on the moment", which led to a few wrong decisions. What do you think? do you always follow your own advice on this?

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
drak_ool said:
i was under the impression that genital herpes and herpes of the mouth are not the same disease, ie if you have it in your mouth area doesn't mean you have the genital version as well. It s been a while since health class in HS so correct me if i'm wrong...

Regarding the "always use condoms advice", which i also give pple, it seems to me that no DJ who has had a lot of girls sticks to it religiously. Of course it s understandable in the case of a LTR, but i know a lot of guys who stray from it even during more casual sex. For me it s a judgement call "on the moment", which led to a few wrong decisions. What do you think? do you always follow your own advice on this?
There are multiple types of herpes, and the herpes you get on the mouth and on the genitals are two of those types. Type 1 is generally on the mouth, type 2 is generally on the genitals. However, either can be spread in either location. In other words, if a girl has a cold sore on her lips, it's probably best if she doesn't go down on you.