Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Emotional eating weight gain

LTG71

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet and exercise are tried and true. Eat wholesome food and exercise everyday. Exercise doesn’t have to be crazy either. I tried keto and lost 10 lbs in a week, it was all water weight. Not on it now but it was a great eye opener to learn how much crap food is out there. Get educated on your food and start a basic exercise routine. The secret is once you start, your confidence builds and you start feeling and looking better. You have to learn self control with your eating and move your body.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) My "low carb" day is far higher than most keto people's...I don't go under 100g.

2) There is a big difference cycling back and forth over a week and doing something every day for months on end.

3) I never said I was against ketosis, I am against it being in it for months on end.

This would be like arguing that because I said I am against getting drunk every day I am totally against alcohol and shouldn't be having a drink a few times a week when I go out.
Ok I hear you. I am doing the same, I used keto to drop fat and lean down but because I’m working out 5-6x per week I quickly found myself burning out as I reached 16-15% bf and started seeing abs. I kind thought I needed -50g carbs to lean down to 12% bf but I realise my workouts are better now I eat some carbs (still only 70g-110g per day) and I’m still losing weight after the inital water weight gain a few weeks ago.

I think it works for sedentary fatter people but active slimmer people not so much.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is simply no time for these activities. Have a low pay full time job that is a tier or two above welfare, two elderly parents who are both not 100% (one going through a surgery), and there is no true downtime.
Oke. Good you are looking after your parents.

But who is looking after YOU?? You don't even have the luxury of having children who will look after you in 20, 30 years from now.

You try to tell me you don't have 15 minutes spare time to work on yourself? Remember, you "just" need a few months to get to a acceptable level( aka a tshirt fits decently). After that you can tone it down, but you won't because after 6 months you also changed your whole attitude and mindset.

Success is addictive AF.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/jjOnTDLQRHw

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/GI58iaVLbXE

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/B6bB8iTLRnY

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/Iln-Lx7e-6c

Here are a few before and after video shorts of men that chose to move beyond their perceived limitations and excuses.

@corrector
Take a look to see what is possible. The videos are only about a minute long.

Perhaps they’ll help you realize that you too are at choice. You too can choose to change. It is a choice. Only you can make it.

They did it. So can you!!
Thanks for the videos. Unfortunately, I do not know their personal situation which would have been more helpful rather than before and after.comparisons. These people require a massive time commitment to get to where they are.

Oke. Good you are looking after your parents.

But who is looking after YOU?? You don't even have the luxury of having children who will look after you in 20, 30 years from now.

You try to tell me you don't have 15 minutes spare time to work on yourself? Remember, you "just" need a few months to get to a acceptable level( aka a tshirt fits decently). After that you can tone it down, but you won't because after 6 months you also changed your whole attitude and mindset.

Success is addictive AF.
Tell me what I can do to change my life investing 15 mim per day? These changes require a huge amount of effort and an even larger amount of time. You are probably looking at at least a few hours per day during working time.

Having a job or having income is the most important thing over your other suggestions. Having kids means you go to jail on child support if you dont have a job or stable income. If you cant take care of kids now you better not have them!

Also there is no guarantees in life even with kids. I am one case where I still live with my folks. Other cases they may move on to their new family, or end up dead or in jail or kidnapped, depending on how their life goes, etc... Everyone has this ideal concept of life and while it may work with allot of people, it is never 100% foolproof.

Last edited:

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the videos. Unfortunately, I do not know their personal situation which would have been more helpful rather than before and after.comparisons. These people require a massive time commitment to get to where they are.

Tell me what I can do to change my life investing 15 mim per day? These changes require a huge amount of effort and an even larger amount of time. You are probably looking at at least a few hours per day during working time.

Having a job or having income is the most important thing over your other suggestions. Having kids means you go to jail on child support if you dont have a job or stable income. If you cant take care of kids now you better not have them!

Also there is no guarantees in life even with kids. I am one case where I still live with my folks. Other cases they may move on to their new family, or end up dead or in jail depending on how their life goes, etc... Everyone has this ideal concept of life and while it may work with allot of people, it is never 100% foolproof.
The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step...

That's why I say 15 minutes. I can kill myself in that amount of time. Lets break it down:

-3 minutes jumping jacks
- 2 minutes burpees
-3 minute pushups challenge (or squads and/or shadow boxing if your upperbody is toast after the burpees )
-2 minutes abbs/core

Feck it this is 10 minutes. This will be though enough for a beginner and might take a full month to accomplish .

Life is fluid, that's why you gotta create amd stick to your rituals/routines
-

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

That's why I say 15 minutes. I can kill myself in that amount of time. Lets break it down:

-3 minutes jumping jacks
- 2 minutes burpees
-3 minute pushups challenge (or squads and/or shadow boxing if your upperbody is toast after the burpees )
-2 minutes abbs/core

Feck it this is 10 minutes. This will be though enough for a beginner and might take a full month to accomplish .

-
Even better for him...here is a 4 minute one that is super intense...I used to do this. OP, you said you have 15 minutes? You can do this 3 times a day. Stop with the excuses. You can easily get results with this.

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

-3 minutes jumping jacks
- 2 minutes burpees
-2 minutes abbs/core

-
Its a deal.

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If every minute playing on the interwebs was spent working out, I would look like Dolf Lundgren in Rocky!
I'm not saying you can't bang op, look at butterbean. If you only have 15-min spare every day of your life than
Maybe forget being ripped and just get to a healthy weight. Which also looks good.

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trying out noom now. First week. Weight is nasty still there, over 41.1% bf. Noom calorie allowance is between 2480 to 3220 calories per day and they group foods in green, yellow and orange depending on the caloric density. Paid $ 1.00 for a two week trial and am near the first week of this trial. So far I've gained about a few pounds of weight since I've started.

Some feedback from their "coaches" is that I should be taking in just 1500 calories per day if I'm sedentery. I got upset with them for misguiding me with the calories and causing the latest weight-gain. Bad direction so far. They don't have a function where I can lower the calories or make an adjustment, making the "green, yellow, and orange" groupings irrelevant since the reporting is off.

In terms of the summer season, the house I'm living in does not lend itself to inspired movements/exercise in and of itself as it's extremely messy and demotivating in and of itself. Outdoors has been rainy and not very encouraging and the set-up at home doesn't lend itself to enjoying outdoors either due to family obligations. In the past, I'd bike ride great trails, sometimes long trails up to 5-6 times per week. These days I have to fight to even try to get one trail in during the whole week. Some emotional eating happened before going to bed (had two waffles with maple syrup and a large almond brown rice crispy square) after getting in an argument at home with my mother.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Enter the judge. This is for your good as well as mine.

I'm trying to curb my emotional eating but it's really difficult.

Start small. I've been going through the ringer with family and my GF in the hospital seemingly every goddamn week. I haven't been right myself. But I gradually phase out the fast food. If you shave off 1 day of it out of a week, in almost 2 months you'll be cooking your own meals (recommended btw, it saves money. Unfortunately, so does the McDonald's app. )

I thought there supposed to be food shortgages coming in the new year, so I bought a bunch of crackers and what not.

Don't believe the hype.

Nothing happened yet, and some events at home precipated me to start eating this food and now I'm over 40% bf. Healthy chips, crackers (whole wheat) and arrowroot buiscuits.

I'm not going to ask about said events, but I feel for you. I hadn't had time to go to the gym since I'm pulling multiple 16-hour shifts. Sure it helped me get my investments up as well as my Lexus, but lately if I'm not working, I'm in the hospital by my GF's side. That anger alone makes me eat more pizza than I'd like. And I love her cooking, keeps me healthy and sane.

Planning to see a doctor next week but don't want to disclose too much information as to the emotional triggers to eating this type of foods, etc...

The doctor ain't gonna do sh*t except take money from you. Just be your own doctor. Use the money you would've spent there to get food for homecooked meals, if not profitable investments. The whole thing starts with the man in the mirror. If you need to ask about this stuff, ask your male friends. Female "friends" will only make this worse. As in listen, but deem you lower value...then end up with Tyrone. Life issues are a motherf**ker.

Has anyone have this problem before? How did you deal with emotional eating?

I'll be honest, I'm going through this now and I already told you why. But start somewhere, somehow, something, some what, some way. BUT START GODDAMMIT.
Read betwe- Make a plan of action that you can reasonably follow here. It might not be easy, but little-by-little, steps in the right direction, you can do this.

Hope this helps. Stay strong bro.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
@corrector

Baby steps bro, you have a lot going on, and you’re clearly a smart dude, so you can do this.

You’ve been offered good advice on this by many. A solution that works for you has to be in the myriad suggestions you’ve been offered.

Sometimes I get frustrated with you, I will 115% admit it, but it’s because I KNOW there are things you can do slowly to gain forward momentum towards the life I believe you want.

Even doing body weight excercises in a 8x8 space every morning is an improvement, if you’re consistent - every day - and don’t binge and eat crap you will begin to see changes which hopefully will move you forward.

Stay strong.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Diet and exercise are tried and true. Eat wholesome food and exercise everyday. Exercise doesn’t have to be crazy either. I tried keto and lost 10 lbs in a week, it was all water weight. Not on it now but it was a great eye opener to learn how much crap food is out there. Get educated on your food and start a basic exercise routine. The secret is once you start, your confidence builds and you start feeling and looking better. You have to learn self control with your eating and move your body.
A good amount was glycogen as well. Not a fan of keto but it makes the scale look nice initially.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
@corrector

Baby steps bro, you have a lot going on, and you’re clearly a smart dude, so you can do this.

You’ve been offered good advice on this by many. A solution that works for you has to be in the myriad suggestions you’ve been offered.

Sometimes I get frustrated with you, I will 115% admit it, but it’s because I KNOW there are things you can do slowly to gain forward momentum towards the life I believe you want.

Even doing body weight excercises in a 8x8 space every morning is an improvement, if you’re consistent - every day - and don’t binge and eat crap you will begin to see changes which hopefully will move you forward.

Stay strong.
At the end of the day sometimes a person has to reach their breaking point where they just are disgusted with themselves to the point they can't take it anymore.

It's different for every person. Mine came when I looked in the mirror one day and saw a beer belly protruding.

Until a person reaches that point it doesn't matter how easy it is or what advice they get. They will follow it for a little while and then go back to their old habits.

Not until they are more tired of their current situation than they are of easy to go back to bad habits will they change.

He hasn't reached that point yet. Maybe he will someday. Or maybe he won't. Some people never reach a point where they become so disgusted with themselves they will literally do anything to change it and be dead serious about it.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@corrector

Stay strong.
Good post. You've earned an "unignore" status.

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thought I would share some humor. So I find a sight that does BMI for old Males. Filling in height weight age and then gender "at birth" that's right, the ABCDEFG people have infiltrated the BMI charts.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weight loss to 39.9% body fat (below 40%) recorded on Sunday, September 17. 263 lbs recorded body-weight.

Using Noom diet. Was near 269 lbs earlier this month. Think the program is pointing to the right direction.

After a summer of three months of leave of absence from work, and prior to Noom, there was more out-of-control eating and despite having decent biking exercise, the weight just stayed stubbornly there. The Noom counter is predicting 245 lbs by the end of November.
Will continue to evaluate how this diet is going.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weight loss to 39.9% body fat (below 40%) recorded on Sunday, September 17. 263 lbs recorded body-weight.

Using Noom diet. Was near 269 lbs earlier this month. Think the program is pointing to the right direction.

After a summer of three months of leave of absence from work, and prior to Noom, there was more out-of-control eating and despite having decent biking exercise, the weight just stayed stubbornly there. The Noom counter is predicting 245 lbs by the end of November.
If you lost 6lbs in less than 3 weeks, you're doing fine. Are you weighing yourself daily to average weight fluctuations?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you lost 6lbs in less than 3 weeks, you're doing fine. Are you weighing yourself daily to average weight fluctuations?
Yes, its part of the program, except for treat days, which are earned after staying with the program for one week.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

It's a good start. Noom teaches you how to eat properly via nutrient dense foods with high water content.

I'd recommend adding walking 30 minutes a day upping it to 60 minutes a day at least 4-5x a week. Doesn't need to all be done at the same time, if you need to break it up into 3 or 4 shorter periods during the day that's fine.

That will help turbocharge your results. Walking is super effective for fat loss, especially when done consistently over time.