Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Emotional eating weight gain

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fact we are talking about eggs as the problem instead of the fact this man is at 38% Bodyfat and likely has been eating processed crap for 90% of his diet for years and years that has caused this issue is actually mind blowing to me.
Eggs aren’t his problem; they just aren’t going to help.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Eggs aren’t his problem; they just aren’t going to help.
If he is replacing processed crap with eggs I am pretty sure they would actually...

And he could always do what I do, eat 2 eggs and then just use egg whites for the rest, like I make an 8 egg omelette with a bunch of veggies in it but only 2 are whole eggs and the other 6 just the whites.

obelisk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Been eating like trash and drinking for 4 days. Owning it here publicly. Eating clean and lifting heavy today.

Sick of falling off the wagon.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Been eating like trash and drinking for 4 days. Owning it here publicly. Eating clean and lifting heavy today.

Sick of falling off the wagon.
If you are going to fall off the wagon get it all out of your system in one day. It will help minimize the damage

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was some small progress with the diet through noam. I went below 260 lbs (258 lbs) and was below 40% bf (ie 38.4% bf).

I got bored waiting for dad to pick me up from a train station, and ordered a pizza from a kiosk while waiting and ate 60% of a small Artizan pizza for $ 12. It took near a month of hard work and diet to even get to this weight and feel I just wrecked everything by a stupid decision made on an impulse because I was too impatient to wait another 1-2 min for my dad to come by.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
There was some small progress with the diet through noam. I went below 260 lbs (258 lbs) and was below 40% bf (ie 38.4% bf).

I got bored waiting for dad to pick me up from a train station, and ordered a pizza from a kiosk while waiting and ate 60% of a small Artizan pizza for $ 12. It took near a month of hard work and diet to even get to this weight and feel I just wrecked everything by a stupid decision made on an impulse because I was too impatient to wait another 1-2 min for my dad to come by.
How much weight have you lost and in what timeframe?

OK, it happens. So what?

Tomorrow is a new day and you can reset. It's not a big deal.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How much weight have you lost and in what timeframe?

OK, it happens. So what?

Tomorrow is a new day and you can reset. It's not a big deal.
The weight-high for the last couple of months was 269 lbs, and it went as low as 256.4 lbs recently, then it went back up to 258.4 lbs and has been stubbornly there for the past couple of days. Tomorrow could have been the day to have seen that plateau broken, but instead I might see a disappointing weight gain over the 260 lbs mark again. Portion control went out the window when I was holding a hot gooey pizza with cheese melted all over the place.

The target weight is 245 lbs. I have elevated cholesterol levels from the last blood test, but not high enough for threshold high cholesterol.
I'm taking 2 garlic pills each day for the cholesterol and am totally abstaining (whenever I can) from red meats.

Of course tomorrow is a new day, but I'm just worried for my daily weigh-in what I'm going to see on that scale. It would probably take a few weeks for my system to get back into order (ie water retention and carb processing, etc...) and low calories over the next while.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The weight-high for the last couple of months was 269 lbs, and it went as low as 256.4 lbs recently, then it went back up to 258.4 lbs and has been stubbornly there for the past couple of days. Tomorrow could have been the day to have seen that plateau broken, but instead I might see a disappointing weight gain over the 260 lbs mark again. Portion control went out the window when I was holding a hot gooey pizza with cheese melted all over the place.

The target weight is 245 lbs. I have elevated cholesterol levels from the last blood test, but not high enough for threshold high cholesterol.
I'm taking 2 garlic pills each day for the cholesterol and am totally abstaining (whenever I can) from red meats.

Of course tomorrow is a new day, but I'm just worried for my daily weigh-in what I'm going to see on that scale. It would probably take a few weeks for my system to get back into order (ie water retention and carb processing, etc...) and low calories over the next while.
OK, so you fell off the wagon one day. It's not that big of a deal. It's going to happen from time to time.

The key is to not let one day turn into two days turn into a week and then a month.

245 is a good start but if you are starting at 40% bodyfat, your target should likely be under 200 lbs. That's just reality.

IMHO, it should not take 2 weeks to recover from 1 day. If it does, that should be a clear signal you need to make some changes to what you are doing.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Are you exercising at all? Any strength training?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you exercising at all? Any strength training?
The exercise that was mentioned earlier is being focused on. (ie any exercise involved going to work, returning from work, j-walking across a busy street on the look-out for cops and cars, walking to the washroom/cafeteria which are on opposite ends of the building and making it back before break/lunch time is over, etc.... I don't have that much "free-time" (ie at times I had to go to work full of sh1t because I didn't have time to use the washroom before leaving, etc....) so I know there was advice about trying to wedge in 10-15 minutes for a high intensity work-out. However, dealing with my elderly mother, this full-time job, and just other issues in this home sometimes doesn't leave any breathing space at all.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The exercise that was mentioned earlier is being focused on. (ie any exercise involved going to work, returning from work, j-walking across a busy street on the look-out for cops and cars, walking to the washroom/cafeteria which are on opposite ends of the building and making it back before break/lunch time is over, etc.... I don't have that much "free-time" (ie at times I had to go to work full of sh1t because I didn't have time to use the washroom before leaving, etc....) so I know there was advice about trying to wedge in 10-15 minutes for a high intensity work-out. However, dealing with my elderly mother, this full-time job, and just other issues in this home sometimes doesn't leave any breathing space at all.
Honestly, I think you'd probably do well on a 5:2 fasting plan where you simply don't eat for 24 hours at a time. Highly effective and will help you in some other ways as well, especially with focus at work and with food choices.

You don't have to worry about having food ready and what you are eating the 2 days you are drinking water.

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just weighed myself on the scale this morning and see that I lost another pound. Apparently the pizza did not result in any dramatic weight gain like I thought it would, and in fact, the plateau of 258.2 lbs was actually broken for the best.

This week may present its own challenges. There is an Open House today, where a visiting mortgage agent might bring over some Timbits (ie twenty small donut holes), and the owners of the house usually leave some sweet things behind. I've managed those by not eating all of them right away and exercising some aggressive portion control to keep the calories in line, especially with those type of foods (ie who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?).

In a couple of days will be Halloween, and there will be an office Potluck. I'm bringing over healthy vegetable platter with humas type of dipping sauce. But it's possible that other people might bring in some unhealthy snacks but might be tantilizing. However, once that is past, it should be clear sailing towards the weight loss goal.

Now, I know @BackInTheGame78 mentioned that 245lbs is great as a starting goal but had recomended 200 lbs. However, aggressive weight loss will result in bone decalcification and loss of bone mass which could increase the risk of fracturing and also I could start looking like emaciated rather than healthy (ie people might start suggesting I eat some more food rather than saying I look hot, etc...). I think if I reach 245 lbs, I should check the bf % then, and then choose on a strategy of exercise and muscle mass gain vs losing more fat-weight.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Just weighed myself on the scale this morning and see that I lost another pound. Apparently the pizza did not result in any dramatic weight gain like I thought it would, and in fact, the plateau of 258.2 lbs was actually broken for the best.

This week may present its own challenges. There is an Open House today, where a visiting mortgage agent might bring over some Timbits (ie twenty small donut holes), and the owners of the house usually leave some sweet things behind. I've managed those by not eating all of them right away and exercising some aggressive portion control to keep the calories in line, especially with those type of foods (ie who says you can't have your cake and eat it too?).

In a couple of days will be Halloween, and there will be an office Potluck. I'm bringing over healthy vegetable platter with humas type of dipping sauce. But it's possible that other people might bring in some unhealthy snacks but might be tantilizing. However, once that is past, it should be clear sailing towards the weight loss goal.

Now, I know @BackInTheGame78 mentioned that 245lbs is great as a starting goal but had recomended 200 lbs. However, aggressive weight loss will result in bone decalcification and loss of bone mass which could increase the risk of fracturing and also I could start looking like emaciated rather than healthy (ie people might start suggesting I eat some more food rather than saying I look hot, etc...). I think if I reach 245 lbs, I should check the bf % then, and then choose on a strategy of exercise and muscle mass gain vs losing more fat-weight.
No it doesn't. That is nonsense. There is no difference between rapid weight loss and any other way of losing weight when done properly. This is junk science you are quoting.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aggressive weight loss will result in bone decalcification and loss of bone mass
Dude, unless you're hypogondal - this probably isn't a concern.

The REAL concern that I see is the rest of the "If X then Y then Z... so I can't".

What is your weekly weight trend looking like?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

The REAL concern that I see is the rest of the "If X then Y then Z... so I can't".

It's almost like he is coming up with anything he can think of to try and make himself believe he shouldn't do it because he doesnt want to put that amount of work in and a measly 20 lbs when you are like 85 is overweight is a much easier goal.

Not saying losing 20 lbs isn't good, it is. Just that it's the absolute easiest weight to lose since your body will freely give that up without question and before your metabolic rate slows and it starts trying to hold onto weight or create a set point for itself.

IMO, I don't think OP really wants it enough and the weight is likely going to come back on within a few months if that doesn't change. This is not the type of stuff a person who really is determined to get in shape and lose weight says.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The weight is trending in the right direction. Lost 12 lbs from peak high weight 2 months ago.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The weight is trending in the right direction. Lost 12 lbs from peak high weight 2 months ago.
Good. Now stop being so hard up about day to day fluctuations... you're killing your progress by doing so.

While you're at it, there's a book that you might find beneficial to read... The Body Fat Solution by Tom Venuto. You've got some internal beliefs about food that really need to change.

This is not the type of stuff a person who really is determined to get in shape and lose weight says.
This is normal @corrector , just understand that by saying these things and defending these beliefs - you're setting yourself up for failure. These are the things that people say when they want to excuse their fat@ss behavior, and continue too be too fat. I've said much of this myself, but all it did was hurt me. You don't have to respond to this, just recognize that this is ultimately harmful to your own goals. Whether you lose the weight or not is 100% irrelevant to me.