Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

do you think the dating scene overall favors men?

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you google it, there are a ton of articles written within the last few years (mostly 2015 specifically) suggesting that dating heavily favors men these days

1. https://nypost.com/2015/08/25/hey-ladies-here-are-8-reasons-youre-single/

2. https://www.boston.com/culture/health/2014/02/14/dating-in-boston-is-a-mans-world

3. https://nypost.com/2016/07/20/these-guys-are-why-nycs-single-women-are-screwed/

4. http://www.businessinsider.com/why-the-dating-scene-favors-men-2015-9

5. https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...nt-the-problem-facing-singles-today-its-math/

6. https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-your-dating-life_us_55e07f99e4b0c818f6178e58

what are your thoughts on this subject fellow DJs, are you scoffing at BS? rejoicing and popping champagne at the buffet and triumph of men? totally apathetic?

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It favors you in the sense if you do things properly you stick put like a sore thumb from these lame ass dudes she runs into all day every day.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When 80% of men are invisible to you because of your deluded standards, it might seem that way.
yeah all of the articles are under the premise that women who go to college don't date men who don't lol

mrmuscles2

Banned
Reaction score
I cant understand how that can ever be true, statistics and articles aside ... its quite obvious in real life that unless a woman gives permission you dont approach her, talk to her, or escalate physically and emotionally, everything we as men do happens after getting permission from the woman we want , sure men are the gate keepers of relationships and we can easily promise women that then take it away if we want to .
however men are still expected to approach, be goal orienated, have good jobs, have money, a nice car, be the bread winner and basically have a set of skills/qualities that arent always easy to come by ... even if you do all the right things and have the looks and personality sometimes they just act crazy for ****s and giggles and guess what , its your fault not theirs

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The 3 articles I opened were only looking at college educated men/women. That doesn't tell the entire story and is a very flawed approach. The majority of the population doesn't have a college degree.

When a semi attractive girl can get on any dating site and have 50 messages from guys in 24hrs, the dating scene does not favor men.

When a mid 40's woman on faKebook has multiple guys of all ages pursuing her, the dating scene does not favor men.

When an attractive girl goes to a bar and gets hit on every time and doesn't even need to try or put herself out there, the dating scene does not favor men.

When a guy has to continuously put in effort to spin plates so the supply doesn't dry up and all a woman has to do is go to a bar or get an OLD account, the dating scene does not favor men.

When women start doing all of the pursing, paying for dates, acting less flakey then you might be able to convince me otherwise.

Last edited:

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The 3 articles I opened were only looking at college educated men/women. That doesn't tell the entire story and is a very flawed approach. The majority of the population doesn't have a college degree.
most of them do that, although I believe that the one about NYC points out that that city as a whole along with some others has more men than women even in the overall population

(source: https://www.citylab.com/equity/2015/02/where-in-the-us-are-there-more-single-men-than-women/385369/ )

so if the premise of the articles holds true, that more women than men = male favored dating and hookup culture, then a lot of us on the east coast have it made in general, even without college

When women start doing all of the pursing, paying for dates, acting less flakey then you might be able to convince me otherwise.
is that what men are actually demanding though? it sounds like a nicer world to live in but I think most guys would demand easy pvssy first and foremost

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The market favors VALUE. Always has, always will.

Dating has always been a self sorting type process. I think articles about the state of the whole market miss this entirely. The higher your value, male or female, the more options you have, period. Value comes from a multifactorial constellation of characteristics that include physical appearance (looks and body), intelligence, personality, emotional composition, character, ambition/wealth, etc. Value also factors in individual preferences, whether someone wants to date a partner of similar religious inclination or who has similar or complimentary life goals. These factors can vary widely.

People who are truly high value are not going to perceive any issue in the market no matter where they are because they are going to be in the sought after tier in ANY market.

But if you are looking to stack the deck in your favor? Nice graphic. Single guys are more in demand on the East Coast...Single gals are more in demand out West and on the west coast.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men are always jealous that women can get sex so easily, but easy sex is not what most women are after. They usually want commitment. I don't envy being in that position. It seems a lot harder to screen someone you don't know for LTR status and be able to predict how they will behave in the future than it is, for me at least, to find a horny girl and talk her out of her clothes. Imagine that you have to pick out a wife, but only get the 2-3 dates that a guy will tolerate without getting sex. That's the pressure on women.

"Dating" is a largely misunderstood and poorly executed concept. No one likes expensive, uncomfortable, job interview style dates. Women will let you think they do, just out of obligation, and probably put off sex longer because they think you won't respect them otherwise. But no one enjoys that process. I think if a woman enjoys being around me, then she should enjoy it largely regardless of what we are doing. If more guys had that attitude, the dating game would be more fun for both genders.

Red Legg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
most of them do that, although I believe that the one about NYC points out that that city as a whole along with some others has more men than women even in the overall population

(source: https://www.citylab.com/equity/2015/02/where-in-the-us-are-there-more-single-men-than-women/385369/ )

so if the premise of the articles holds true, that more women than men = male favored dating and hookup culture, then a lot of us on the east coast have it made in general, even without college

is that what men are actually demanding though? it sounds like a nicer world to live in but I think most guys would demand easy pvssy first and foremost
Look at all the faggot libtards in California on the map...what a sausage fest out there...:eek:

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

That map goes from 18-64, so of course it's gonna show more women. But about 1,06 more men are born than women. So we know that the younger you go, the more males there are gonna be. The only way you can explain that map in a peacetime country is if loads of women are moving east while loads of men move west and/or if the results are being skewed by age.

Men are always jealous that women can get sex so easily, but easy sex is not what most women are after. They usually want commitment. I don't envy being in that position. It seems a lot harder to screen someone you don't know for LTR status and be able to predict how they will behave in the future than it is, for me at least, to find a horny girl and talk her out of her clothes. Imagine that you have to pick out a wife, but only get the 2-3 dates that a guy will tolerate without getting sex. That's the pressure on women.
If that's "pressure", than what was the state they/society was supposedly in before? was that less pressure? if so, why'd they wanna change it? The answer is of course, because some days you want to keep the cake and some days you want to eat it. But you can't do both with any one cake. So some men become for eating, some men become for keeping. There's more to it than that, but that's the basics.

Last edited:

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
18-64 makes no point.

Lets find out a single 18-30 group and we will know what we are talking about.

More single females than single females in that age group? no way, not even in eastern europe anymore.

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dating in RL favours men, because most women don't approach and are conditioned to be reactionary. Women who approach, on the other hand, tend to get what they want.

But at the end of the day a good looking girl in RL will usually still have to wait until she's approached by someone she wants to date, which theoretically could take ages. Whereas a man with nuts can walk up to every girl he likes and stand a fair chance if he's reasonable looking and friendly.

On the other hand OLD is totally skewed towards women. It feels like the Matrix, that scene with the huge farms of humans plugged into the little pods. The women are the huge spindly machines going over these thousands of menand picking the human that most corresponds to their crazy high expectations, if anyone even meets those.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It favors you in the sense if you do things properly you stick put like a sore thumb from these lame ass dudes she runs into all day every day.
Agreed. It heavily favours men who know what they are doing.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only read the first article, but it seemed to be specific to the situation in New York. And the guy they were using as an example was the star of The Bachelor, which is a popular TV show among women. So he's a celebrity, who was chosen by producers because he was a handsome and eligible bachelor, of course he's going to be doing well. So that goes along with the idea that it favors guys who are good with women (for whatever reason).

The other thing that occurs to me is that desirable women (traditionally considered 18-24) can easily date guys from their own age group, or guys into their 40s. I would think that would make up for any numerical advantage that guys might have.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
99% of women are either ugly or fvcked up or both. Some guys have no standards, but for those who do there are very few viable options.

JALX95

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's almost entirely dependent on location.

The map showing the blue and pink circles is somewhat accurate but doesn't tell the whole story. For instance, if you are not completely poor living on a couch, then NYC is paradise. Washington DC on the other hand sucks regardless of how many more single women there are. The girls there simply aren't attractive. I'll go to new york just to hook up.

As for the comments about standards, I've always found that a lot of women's problems in dating, unlike men, are almost entirely brought upon by themselves. Every complaint I'll hear applies to what I just said. "Why can't I find a man who makes an effort", "Why does he think that beard looks good on him", "Why can't I find a man who can commit, etc." All these things can be rectified if women even slightly lower their standards. Every time I hear these cliche complaints about men, I realize what women truly mean is "Why can't I find a guy who commits, makes an effort, has a style I like, AND one I find super attractive and nice."

So overall, until women have more realistic standards, we will never know who the dating market truly favors

Urbanyst

Banned
Reaction score
The dating market favors anyone HIGH VALUE.

Women have a shorter window to be HIGH VALUE than men do. So in that way.. it favor men. Women are mostly f*cked once they lose their looks or youth. After men lose their looks they can use MONEY and STATUS to prolong their high value.

So..