Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Are there any supplements that actually work for old age?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you guys have any supplement that you take that gives you energy or helps you feel less aches or makes you feel younger or helps with anxiety? I wanna take something that im actually gonna feel a real difference.
Get in the gym like your life depends upon it. Your body will compesate by revving up and providing energy, test and gettin stronger. The blood and fluid circulation takes care of the aches. Your anxiety and stress will be reduced greatly as you realize a fully competant physical presense within yourself.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vit D. Magnesium Citrate. CoQ10. Turmeric. NAC. Those are my powerful ones I'm taking. I don't have too much experience with probiotics for the most part but I was reliant on Solgar's digestive enzymes when I lived in Europe. I still use them back here in the states but nowhere near as frequent (Vitamin Shoppe brand not Solgar tho).

ERB

Don Juan
Reaction score
The best supplement I ever had, if it can be called one, was fasting. My life is just better when I fast and not by a little, it makes a huge difference.

Fasting will even remove the negative effects of arthritis, like I could play sports without stretching if I'm fasting, I would never even consider doing that to my joints otherwise.
OP this is great information. Look up Siim Land on YouTube, he has tons of information there and books on fasting.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you guys have any supplement that you take that gives you energy or helps you feel less aches or makes you feel younger or helps with anxiety? I wanna take something that im actually gonna feel a real difference.
Everyone on here has already recommended good stuff. I didn't see Ashwaganda recommended yet for anxiety. The stuff works pretty good and has no known side effects.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vitamin D ( over 80% are deficient )
Omega 3 fish capsules ( if you do not eat fish )
Collagen + q10 + hyaluronic acid ( for joints , skin , etc )
By "q10", I presume you mean CQ-10. When I was a young buck, I remember old fart colleagues saying how physicians were taking it for themselves, so I started to take it (100 mg daily). At age 51, I had a stress test that gave me a METS score of 12, which is like that of a 30 year-old.

• Wow
Reactions: BMX

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
+1 for sure, magnesium glycinate is also one of the best forms of magnesium because it's the least likely to cause GI issues with high doses, its very bioavailable, and glycine has some interesting effects of its own as an amino acid. I used to only take that at night to help me sleep but i've been taking 2g-3g of it throughout the day and it makes me feel relaxed yet sharp.
Pork skins is a great source of glycine:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By "q10", I presume you mean CQ-10. When I was a young buck, I remember old fart colleagues saying how physicians were taking it for themselves, so I started to take it (100 mg daily). At age 51, I had a stress test that gave me a METS score of 12, which is like that of a 30 year-old.
CoQ10 is interesting for heart health and seems to do a lot of different things in the body...**** is expensive as hell though.

Pork skins is a great source of glycine:
Wouldn't have guessed that, gives me a good reason to go back to them. Perfect keto snack with french onion dip.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMX

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vitamin C very regularly. Multiple times per day if you can remember.

Vitamin E (do lots of research first). And make sure you take the d-alpha version. Don't take dl-alpha. I take 400 IU every few days.

Vitamin B-complex once a day.

Fish oil. Never skip your fish oil ever.

Zinc once a day. I've been doing about 50mg non-elemental each day. It's good for the older gents who might start experiencing prostate issues as it shrinks it.

Vitamin D3 and Calcium together. But do research on D3. Lots of people are deficient but you can have too much. As far as Calcium, take more Vitamin C when you take Calcium to burn away any excess.

Magnesium. I take a weak form of magnesium that doesn't absorb well at 500mg per night. Will upgrade when I can. Makes a big difference in my sleep quality from what I've experienced so far.

Not a supplement but GREEN TEA has way too many good properties to not use daily and regularly. Anti-cancerous, improves positive effects of fasting if you fast, fixes a few skin-related problems over time, and a bunch of other things.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 57, young women cannot believe it when they find out, say I can pass for 40 or younger easily. Salt n pepper hair is only giveaway. No wrinkles, smooth clear skin. I look and feel better than in my 30s.

In no particular order, not medical advice!

Started drinking at least a quart of chilled midgrade gunpowder green tea daily several years ago, brewed in large batches concentrated then diluted into pitchers, excellent results.

Broccoli Sprouts 100x the sulforophane as regular broccoli, google or youtube it, I cup a day, very easy to grow, really tasty once taste is acquired.

More eggs, brown organic, nothing makes me feel better. Eat 12 or more a week.

Lots of green vegetables, broad variety, not all one type.

1 tsp ginger, tumeric, cinnamon, cocoa, sprinkle black pepper, all organic, not heat processed, 2 tsp psyllium fiber, preworkout scoop with citrulline and creatine, half scoop of whey or pea protein.

Low carb and especially cutting out processed carbs. Huge difference in well being and aches/pains. Once weaned off that stuff, you wont want it any more.

Intermittent fasting, google/youtube autophagy 2016 nobel prize.

Hormesis, "that which doesn't kill me makes me stronger." Get cold, hot, outside, exercise, lift reduce reliance on climate control moderate controlled sun.

Reduce alcohol drastically, may be the key thing. I can tell a huge difference when drinking very sparingly or not at all.

Morning drink, few drops of peppermint oil, 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar, several tbsp pure aloe juice, fresh squeezed juice of one whole lemon in chilled, not iced, 24oz or so of green tea.

Moderate/low caffeine.

Eat dirt, human hunter gather body needs to eat dirt. Clean dirt is diatomaceous earth (silica), "dirt" cheap at 10 bucks for 2 pounds. Eat a teaspoon in water periodically during the day. Take it alone cause messes with nutrient and supplement absorption.

Electrolytes. Manage them actively. Use clean salt freely if frequently active and sweating, and take potassium tabs 90mg during the day at intervals.

Restricted sitting.

Fresh, preferably home grown herbs, cilantro, basil, thyme, rosemary, etc. Cilantro for example leeches toxins and metals from body, eat it every day and sprinkle all herbs on everything. Can do away with sugary sauces, salad dressings, get sweetness from tiny dribble of honey.

Limited fresh fruits daily, two pieces or so. My favorites are grapefruit, kiwi, apple, cantaloupe, pineapple. Avoid very high sugar fruits.

Stretching and mix of weights, body weight exercises, higher heart rate exercise but not full on HIIT.

Last edited:

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not trying to be argumentative here, but Omega-3 supplements are a waste of money.

Thanks to the Standard American Diet, people's Omega 6 levels are way, way too high. Reduce the amount of fried, processed foods in your diet, and the levels will start to naturally come down.

This is the supplement industry's genius marketing strategy at work.
Completely agree... unless you are on a strict vegan diet (no meat products of any kind) you are not going to need Omega-3 supplements.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Other than @dasein advice on eating dirt and moderate caffeine consumption, this is pretty much what I do. Coffee is my only real vice. Like him I'm in my mid 50s, and I am oft confused by someone in their early 40s.

The only other piece of advice I will give to look younger is to quit drinking alcohol if you can, that stuff ages you like nothing else, and NEVER have more than a couple of drinks a day and only at social events. I don't even keep that stuff in my house accept for a bottle of white wine, a bottle of red wine, and a six pack of IPA that I have around for guests.

Also, STAY OUT OF THE SUN, unless you are using a high SPF sunscreen. The sun will age you like NOTHING else.

One more thing.. quit smoking dope, or consuming ANY tobacco products. These things constrict your veins and disrupts the flow of blood to your skin... over time this will age your skin.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Eating real foods without processed junk in it, drinking plenty of water every day and working out and exercising are the answers to what you want, not some miracle supplement.

Just like the song in Rocky...

There's no easy way out... there's no shortcut home...