Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Anyone here cheap?

Lynx nkaf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where do you guys learn this stuff? They don't teach it to us younger dudes growing up anymore. I've been wanting to learn about how to do all of this but I don't know how to learn. The internet and YouTube are great, but let's be honest here, you need some real hands-on practice with this type of stuff.

And honestly, it's not even about saving money, it's about just being a man. Knowing basic construction, plumbing, electrician-work/HVAC, and car maintenance is like knowing how to tie a tie for a man; it's one of those lost rites of passages that every man should know how to do, but doesn't nowadays. I've been wanting to learn about this stuff since I was 15 but I don't know where or who to learn from because everywhere you look, people say you should already know how to do this stuff and jobs always want someone who already has experience. My dad knows about all of this but he's too busy, so I can't learn from him. And technical schools are too costly and time consuming, plus I'm not looking to learn this stuff super in-depth as a skill/trade but just as a handyman so that I know how to handle myself.
I can share with you how I learned. You know I'm a mechanic, welder and builder(industrial/commercial)?
You also know I'm a girl and these are male-dominated trades/skills?

So you can conclude I fought and worked and hung on tooth and nail to gather skills?
Like, can you really envision how freaking hard it was to learn 'top secret' stuff?

If your mind is now open....

There are tricks.
'Tricks of the trade'

I can share two major tricks, two main things you absolutely must know.

Not in order of importance:

#1 "righty-tighty, lefty-loosy"
Almost all bolts tighten clockwise and loosen counterclockwise.

#2 All repair reasons are based on these three causes:

It's dirty, gunked up, clogged
Its loose, worn out, worn down
or
Something's missing(a part, a piece that rattled off or got knocked out)

Now, watch what may happen.
Some negging and attempts to knock me off my confidence in myself. When you lose that confidence, its like you don't believe in yourself that you can make or repair something.

Ever play billiards or pool with really good players in your stereotypical cool pool hall? The sheer amount of smack talk that occurs is all designed to throw you off your concentration and game.

I mean game-game.
You must maintain frame when building or repairing...you must believe you can do this thing!!!!

Like Eric of the South Main Auto youtube channel says "if I can do it, you can do it!"

This is only the very tippity-tip of the iceberg.

Once you gain confidence that you can do mechanical things your curiosity will explode. Its a world that's kept me company for DECADES.

I'm still learning!
That's the thing, there's 10s of thousands of skills like "righty-tighty, lefty-loosey"

I don't mind if you make fun of me. I've heard every freaking neg in the book.

I'm not making light of this, those two main things(which direction bolts come off and on and the principles to apply when you're approaching a repair) will already make you look like you know what you're doing.

Remember be the c0cky pool player who isn't swayed by negs.
(and those negs come a lot of the time from your own thoughts)

There's so much more.

Take things apart. Put them back together.

Go stand in the wrenches aisle at the store and just stare at all the choices-ask staff for help.
There's an underground world of mechanics/handy people/builders that will help with free advice if you're enthusiastic enough.

Don't give up and "stay dirty" like Eric the car guy youtube channel says.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Where do you guys learn this stuff? They don't teach it to us younger dudes growing up anymore. I've been wanting to learn about how to do all of this but I don't know how to learn. The internet and YouTube are great, but let's be honest here, you need some real hands-on practice with this type of stuff.

And honestly, it's not even about saving money, it's about just being a man. Knowing basic construction, plumbing, electrician-work/HVAC, and car maintenance is like knowing how to tie a tie for a man; it's one of those lost rites of passages that every man should know how to do, but doesn't nowadays. I've been wanting to learn about this stuff since I was 15 but I don't know where or who to learn from because everywhere you look, people say you should already know how to do this stuff and jobs always want someone who already has experience. My dad knows about all of this but he's too busy, so I can't learn from him. And technical schools are too costly and time consuming, plus I'm not looking to learn this stuff super in-depth as a skill/trade but just as a handyman so that I know how to handle myself.
I think the best you can do is offer to help a buddy or relative who is working on a project.

1. Is a friend working on a car?
2. Is a relative installing a new toilet?
3. Is your dad wiring up a new ceiling fan?

People have all kinds of projects going on. Any experienced person would love to have a helper. Even if you just watch and hand them tools, that's fine. Helpers don't really need experience. And you can ask them questions along the way.

Once you've seen something done a few times, you can probably do it yourself, or worst-case you can request that they be your helper/guide for YOUR project.

Spaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere where's it's none of your business
I can share with you how I learned. You know I'm a mechanic, welder and builder(industrial/commercial)?
You also know I'm a girl and these are male-dominated trades/skills?

So you can conclude I fought and worked and hung on tooth and nail to gather skills?
Like, can you really envision how freaking hard it was to learn 'top secret' stuff?

If your mind is now open....

There are tricks.
'Tricks of the trade'

I can share two major tricks, two main things you absolutely must know.

Not in order of importance:

#1 "righty-tighty, lefty-loosy"
Almost all bolts tighten clockwise and loosen counterclockwise.

#2 All repair reasons are based on these three causes:

It's dirty, gunked up, clogged
Its loose, worn out, worn down
or
Something's missing(a part, a piece that rattled off or got knocked out)

Now, watch what may happen.
Some negging and attempts to knock me off my confidence in myself. When you lose that confidence, its like you don't believe in yourself that you can make or repair something.

Ever play billiards or pool with really good players in your stereotypical cool pool hall? The sheer amount of smack talk that occurs is all designed to throw you off your concentration and game.

I mean game-game.
You must maintain frame when building or repairing...you must believe you can do this thing!!!!

Like Eric of the South Main Auto youtube channel says "if I can do it, you can do it!"

This is only the very tippity-tip of the iceberg.

Once you gain confidence that you can do mechanical things your curiosity will explode. Its a world that's kept me company for DECADES.

I'm still learning!
That's the thing, there's 10s of thousands of skills like "righty-tighty, lefty-loosey"

I don't mind if you make fun of me. I've heard every freaking neg in the book.

I'm not making light of this, those two main things(which direction bolts come off and on and the principles to apply when you're approaching a repair) will already make you look like you know what you're doing.

Remember be the c0cky pool player who isn't swayed by negs.
(and those negs come a lot of the time from your own thoughts)

There's so much more.

Take things apart. Put them back together.

Go stand in the wrenches aisle at the store and just stare at all the choices-ask staff for help.
There's an underground world of mechanics/handy people/builders that will help with free advice if you're enthusiastic enough.

Don't give up and "stay dirty" like Eric the car guy youtube channel says.
The trade you learned should only be taken up by men when they're in their late teen to early 20's.

From there they should evolve and surpass that stage.

Remember = Men die for wealth just as birds die for food.

Jack12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember when I used to go playing pool alone to learn the mechanics behind the game it felt really weird. The thing I learned this period is to focus. I dont hear you I dont see you. You are invisible to me.

Must to admit this is not so socially normal behavior, but if it triggers someone's this is probably because he's not into making partnership with you

Zontyy

Don Juan
Reaction score
My dad was in the carpenter union for 20 years, he bought a rental property that needed work and I offered to help him, really I just wanted to learn basic skills. During that renovation, I learned how to run electric, install a panel, framing, drywall, install windows and doors. I think my dad really enjoyed it because he was pushing 70s at the time. He would show me how to do something then let me work and show me what I was doing wrong. I would meet him after work and then spent 2-3 hours everyday helping him in that home. One thing I did learn is that you need proper tools to do a job, half of the frustration is when you try to make something work without the proper tool. My father also insisted my first car be a junker so when it broke down or needed work I would learn how to take care of a vehicle

When I was extremely poor in my 20s, they have vocational schools and the county I live in would give grants and pay all the tuition to attend these schools which were after hours be it from my job or university. These vocational schools I learned automotive, changing wiper blades, oil, headlights, tires, brakes etc etc. I also learned some medical field stuff. I make too much money now to qualify but I would love to take a welding and hvac maybe even LPN if I could get it for free.

Some stuff, I picked up from my friends, I have a guy who is a plumber and I asked to tag along on his jobs to learn how to about that stuff. He loved the extra company and to show me how to fix that stuff.

Finally there is the internet with youtube and plenthora of communities where people want to help. I learned all about free-to-air satellite TV from youtube and online communities. If you try and probably get frustrated when it is not working but you can always ask people for help. Youtube taught me how to hotwire Jeep Cherokee's when my key broke back in the day. Right now I'm trying to self study some IT certifications. I also joined a language exchange group months back where I video chat arabic speakers practice my arabic while they practice their english. The big benefit of the language exchange group is you meet some pretty hot girls who then when you visit there country they love to be your guide and you already have a rapport with them.

Last edited:

"If you love women, you must read the SoSuave Guide to Women. It's fantastic!"

Lookatu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
a. A mentor can be a parent/neighbor/(someone in social circle(church or other)). The old man that is retired close by.. Hey dude, can you show me how to change a wiper blade? beer is on me.
b. school; we used.. to have shop classes in school teaching this exact stuff.
c. just try.. Will not be good at it until doing it wrong several times. It is usually ok to screw something up that you never did before, it is one of the ways to learn.
These are all good suggestions. For me, I was into customizing cars when I was in HS and I wanted to have the most bad azz ride and to do that, I couldn't achieve it if I paid for parts AND labor. This got me to researching through books, online, friends, other mechanically inclined EXPERIENCED people.

First thing I recommend is spend $50-100 for basic mechanics tool set kit from Lowes/HD/Craftsman/Harbor Freight.

Second, start with the very basics, changing air filters, headlight bulbs, etc.

Third, Just like you learn stuff from these forums about females, start hanging out on a car forum that is specific to the car you own. Same as here, learn who seems experienced on there so you're only following the best and accurate advice. Supplement with other general automotive articles and youtube videos.

Fourth, If you have a little free time, go to car meets. Especially car meets that may be centered around the type of car you have. You can often meet enthusiasts that really know their stuff and willing to help you out. Either for free, beer, or a super cheap labor rate compared to the pros with official businesses.

Just doing basic maintenance stuff, especially if you have an older used car can save you quite a bit.

One word of advice: Do not try to learn or do something totally on your own that will endanger you or leave you stranded.
For example, if you screwed up on a brake job and you weren't able to stop at highway speeds.
Another example would be a timing belt job. If you forget to tighten something, it could get loose and leave you stranded on the road requiring tow charge and extensive engine damage potentially.

Also analyze what type of person you are. Not everyone is OCD or detail oriented. If you aren't detail oriented, it's best to just stick to the easier maintenance items.

Basically the same kinds of things apply to home remodel/reno's too. The neighborhood and the type of house I wanted would've been out of my budget if I bought one already 100%. Bought the cheapest beater house on the block and did my own work(father in-law was a contractor/electrician most of his life and mentored me) and immediately added $50k in equity within 6 mos that took me to do the work.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
The most important advice I’d give for any project:

1. Finish one step/task before starting the next one. If you get overly eager/impatient/rushed and jump to step two while step one is only partially complete, you risk forgetting something important or just plain F-ing it up.

Does a pilot or surgeon skip steps or jump ahead? Hell no. You shouldn’t either.

The other benefit of working one step at a time is you are able to give 100% of your focus to that task currently at hand.

TLDR: Do everything in a logical order, and don’t jump ahead or mix steps.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The biggest obstacle to working on anything is that the manufacturer often makes it difficult on purpose. I have a truck with an engine that seems to have been designed on the premise of making it impossible for an owner to change his own oil. The oil filter is so far up inside the engine that it requires a lift to raise the vehicle in order to access it. I was changing my own oil at age 16, but I don't even try with this truck. It's not worth the experience of having oil leak out because I couldn't tighten the filter enough.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's no wonder people who are poor gets poorer.

You condition ur own minds and when you act as such you become as such.
That's a really cute platitude.

I actually agree with Spaz. If I were frugal, I'd never travel around the world. That would make life not worth living given all of the great experiences I've accumulated and even women I've met from different countries.

Having traveled, I cannot imagine spending all of my life in one place. The world is a beautiful and magnificent creation. I believe if one wants to experience a full life (everyone should), one should see the world.

And because of my passion for traveling, this led me to focus on money and accumulating assets/wealth. Because of my desire to spend more on experiences, it motivated me to make more money.

What is the point of being frugal, saving money, living in one place, and retiring in said place? Do you imagine this is life? Or is it the life you were conditioned to believe? Work hard, save money, retire, then die.

For me, life is about experiencing a FULL LIFE.

Having covid-19 made me realize this EVEN MORE. I thought to myself "You know, even though I am only 36, I don't have any regrets. I feel like I've lived a full life. I've traveled to countless countries, slept with hundreds of women, have had sucessful businesses, was able to work in the public sector and help people in need. If I go now, I don't have any regrets."

But now that I've recovered from covid, I'm going to go for even more experiences. And that would require even more money.

On my deathbed, I realized money was just a form of freedom. It's not meant to be saved. Because you can die anytime. Money was meant to be spent on your passions while you are still alive on this Earth.

I spent $10,000 during my quarantine. I bought anything and everything that gave me joy.

Frugal people need to contemplate death. Then they will realize that all that saving might be for nothing. They could die at literally any moment. Life is all about having great experiences while you're still alive. And that requires spending money. And spending money requires making more money. And that leads to creativity and innovation to accumulate assets/wealth.
That's actually a much more nuanced point than what Spaz wrote. I can see the idea behind your post. Behind his? Not so much. You're going to have some idiot newbie go out and buy a Ford Mustang at 29% interest because "gotta spend money to make money bro".

Don't feed the trolls. Spaz is as right on things as the federal gov't. He's the only poster here who gives advice, but pots no proof or receipts. He claims to be a Mr. know it all with many businesses and lots of sexual experiences with men and women. For all we know he lives in a mud town somewhere in Asia. His knowledge of English so so good that he doesn't even know that Spaz means sane or mentally retarded.

Would you take advice from a mental retard?

You know who else lives a humble life, Warren Buffett, Mark Zuckerberg, and many more. Spaz needs medicine.

The way the dude writes casts serious doubts on him owning any kind of businesses.

Spaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

That's actually a much more nuanced point than what Spaz wrote. I can see the idea behind your post. Behind his? Not so much. You're going to have some idiot newbie go out and buy a Ford Mustang at 29% interest because "gotta spend money to make money bro".

The way the dude writes casts serious doubts on him owning any kind of businesses.
Just so you know, it's not a good idea to buy 2nd hand tires, even if the threads are not worn off, rubber has an expiry date, hint : it could explode whilst u r driving.

As to whether a man should buy 2nd hand spare parts or new parts, he should considered the age of his vehicle 1st, if its considered new, buy new and if its an old shiet buy 2nd hand.

Now before you go on talking abt the above and trying to disprove me, go talk to those that work in that line - then you'll know how naive you actually are your whole life.

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

My dad was so well rounded, that he must've had his own orbit. It seemed that way, anyway, sometimes. I became expert in a few very limited number of areas in which he wasn't an expert, but I lived most of my life believing there wasn't anything that man couldn't do...and there damned near wasn't.

I learned a fraction of what my dad knew about auto mechanics, carpentry, plumbing, and electrical work, because my dad always had a project going, and never paid another man to do anything he could do himself...and there were very few things he couldn't do himself. If he wasn't working, he was sleeping, and I never saw that man sleep. He went to bed after everyone else was asleep, and got out of bed before everyone else woke up.

Honestly, when I was a kid, he used to drive me a little crazy with his workaholism...because I was his favorite helper. So, if Dad was under the car, or on the roof, at midnight on a school night, or on a Saturday afternoon, so was I. In retrospect, I'm glad I was there, and not just because I learned a lot...because I really got to know my dad, by working with him...even if, at the time, I really wanted to be doing something else.

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The biggest obstacle to working on anything is that the manufacturer often makes it difficult on purpose. I have a truck with an engine that seems to have been designed on the premise of making it impossible for an owner to change his own oil. The oil filter is so far up inside the engine that it requires a lift to raise the vehicle in order to access it. I was changing my own oil at age 16, but I don't even try with this truck. It's not worth the experience of having oil leak out because I couldn't tighten the filter enough.
Yeah, ever since the 80s, even Detroit started making cars that you need to have hands like a 12 year old Korean girl to work on. If you want to work on your own car, and be able to do everything yourself, without a professional garage of specialized tools, and computer diagnostics, buy something made in Detroit before 1975.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, ever since the 80s, even Detroit started making cars that you need to have hands like a 12 year old Korean girl to work on. If you want to work on your own car, and be able to do everything yourself, without a professional garage of specialized tools, and computer diagnostics, by something made in Detroit before 1975.
Speaking of, it bears mention on a frugality thread that if you buy a husqvarna or john deere product at a big box store like Lowe's, it is actually an imposter, sold by its own company to pimp out a quality name on a subpar product. The real stuff is what the dealership sells. The big box mowers and small engine equipment are made so that they cannot easily be serviced or repaired. They are throwaways just like the other junk, despite the branding.

Craig Dates

Don Juan
Reaction score

He's a guy who acts that he knows it all from Asia. Nothing wrong with people from Asia, but one cannot given guidance based on experience from outside W.E. or the U.S. As for his non-business advice, well, my feelings on that have already been stated.

Don't confuse humility with frugality. These guys quarantine on their own private islands. They are completely isolated from the world.

Rich people swim in their 90 foot pools and drink pina colada while the rest of the world deals with the coronavirus and violent protests.

If a world war were to break out, they all have underground bunkers.

Money allows you to live in your own world.

Lack of money = living in the current zombie apocalypse.
I do not see Warren Buffett on a private island drinking pina coladas. He is paid $100k a year, but his security is very high because of his wealth; which is paid by the company he controls. On a personal level, he still lives in the house he bought in the 50's. Very modest and worth around half a million or so. A far cry from other billionaires.

stormrider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not see Warren Buffett on a private island drinking pina coladas. He is paid $100k a year, but his security is very high because of his wealth; which is paid by the company he controls. On a personal level, he still lives in the house he bought in the 50's. Very modest and worth around half a million or so. A far cry from other billionaires.
If the world were to blow up tomorrow and the economy were to reset itself, warren buffet would still be around to give tips on how to trade cows and chickens, I can assure you that. He won’t be part of the masses scrambling around looking for food and shelter. He’d end up writing a memoir on how he was instrumental in restarting the stock market from caveman conditions. Again, don’t confuse humility with frugality. Sure, he is living humbly. But if push comes to shove, he won’t be part of the zombie apocalypse. He’d be observing humans from afar the way we observe animals in a zoo.

If he were really frugal, he wouldn’t have lost millions in investments. That’s right, even warren buffet doesn’t bat 1.000 in the stock market. He’s made a lot of money for sure, but he’s probably lost more money than the combined net worth of sosuave members. You can’t achieve that with frugality.

He’s a big time spender on things he thinks will appreciate in value. This is how you spend money to make money. Buying assets. And a sh1t ton of them.

Last edited:

Put away your credit card.

You can now read our detailed guide to women and dating for free - Right Here!

Lynx nkaf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the world were to blow up tomorrow and the economy were to reset itself, warren buffet would still be around to give tips on how to trade cows and chickens, I can assure you that. He won’t be part of the masses scrambling around looking for food and shelter. He’d end up writing a memoir on how he was instrumental in restarting the stock market from caveman conditions. Again, don’t confuse humility with frugality. Sure, he is living humbly. But if push comes to shove, he won’t be part of the zombie apocalypse. He’d be observing humans from afar the way we observe animals in a zoo.

If he were really frugal, he wouldn’t have lost millions in investments. That’s right, even warren buffet doesn’t bat 1.000 in the stock market. He’s made a lot of money for sure, but he’s probably lost more money than the combined net worth of sosuave members. You can’t achieve that with frugality.

He’s a big time spender on things he thinks will appreciate in value. This is how you spend money to make money. Buying assets. And a sh1t ton of them.
I admire Mr. Buffett.

Spaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I've not explained properly why frugality isn't good vs spending right/more.

The most professional frugal man would be a begger, am I wrong?

The most professional spender would be a billionaire, am I wrong?

Now think of those 2 sentences and then think which path you should take because it leads to either one.

As for OP, I understand that he works multiple jobs, that means he's hard working, now he just needs to readjust his buying patterns, for example instead of buying multiple shoes for himself, he could buy multiple shoes to resell them at a higher price, start off with friends, because friends are capital.

By doing so he will inadvertently increase his social networking and thus create a sphere of influence that can only grow thus creating more value.

And that's only an example.

Always spend more but spend on the right things to create a profit to you and at times pamper yourself because it helps to psyche ur mind to earn more.

Men die for wealth just the same as birds die for food.

Craig Dates

Don Juan
Reaction score

No one is perfect. It, like most successful people, learn more from their failures than their successes. That is how they improve on their gift or craft.

Lynx nkaf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I've not explained properly why frugality isn't good vs spending right/more.

The most professional frugal man would be a begger, am I wrong?

The most professional spender would be a billionaire, am I wrong?

Now think of those 2 sentences and then think which path you should take because it leads to either one.

As for OP, I understand that he works multiple jobs, that means he's hard working, now he just needs to readjust his buying patterns, for example instead of buying multiple shoes for himself, he could buy multiple shoes to resell them at a higher price, start off with friends, because friends are capital.

By doing so he will inadvertently increase his social networking and thus create a sphere of influence that can only grow thus creating more value.

And that's only an example.

Always spend more but spend on the right things to create a profit to you and at times pamper yourself because it helps to psyche ur mind to earn more.

Men die for wealth just the same as birds die for food.
I'm developing that skill, to be spending "right".
And since you posted a few days ago some thread about always be searching to be making a profit, I've been brainstorming how to increase my income, but passively.

I thought of two products to invent that my workplace could use but I don't know how to set up manufacturing and distribution.
Distribution is probably most important to learn how to set up.

Spaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm developing that skill, to be spending "right".
And since you posted a few days ago some thread about always be searching to be making a profit, I've been brainstorming how to increase my income, but passively.

I thought of two products to invent that my workplace could use but I don't know how to set up manufacturing and distribution.
Distribution is probably most important to learn how to set up.
Distribution is easy in today's world. Just link up with any of courier service companies and they will send ur goods anywhere in the world, even up to timbaktu.