Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Advice on female (or male) tenant in my home

Attendee2459

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello everyone! New here.

I’d love to hear your opinions on my thoughts regarding my search for a new tenant in my spare bedroom. For context, I’m a ~30 year old single male earning decent money, great physique (<12% body fat, 6 pack, gym 6x a week). I’m at a very happy place in my life - physically, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally. I’m very wary of disrupting what I’ve got going. I’m striving for excellence and continuing to learn and develop as a man.

I live alone in a very desirable, small 2 bedroom apartment in a great location. My previous (first and only) tenant was an older, attractive, successful lady who had her own life and her own boyfriend. For an entire year I kept to myself. We spoke very little and we didn’t cross lives. I wanted it this way to avoid complications/feelings for one another. It was quite easy because both of us were so busy. I was always out of the house either at work, with friends or at the gym. I’m very strict with what I allow in my home - strictly no overnight guests and the tenant must tell me if they want to invite guests over during the day. This worked out well with this girl. This also doesn’t impact the demand of my apartment, I still have plenty of responses to my advertisements.

I count myself lucky with my previous tenant, she was older and had a boyfriend. I physically and emotionally removed myself from her as much as possible. I even kept my friends away from her. I wanted to avoid a situation where a friend could have a relationship with my tenant. I didn’t consider these things when I initially accepted her into my home. I learnt the things I know today regarding male/female dynamics over time.

Had she have been a younger, attractive, single girl then I think my life would have played out differently. It would have been too easily to fall into sex/having a relationship. I honestly cannot picture any situation where this would have led to a positive outcome. Happy to challenge anybody that disagrees on this point.

Frustratingly, the male part of my brain still wants to live with a hot single girl over a boring guy or older lady. I’m getting applications from literal models who want to live with me. I own a beautiful apartment and I’m very open with my profile. They don’t just see the apartment, they see pictures/videos of me too (my instagram).

What do you think? Given what I’ve described, who do you think is the ideal tenant? What would you do in my situation? Would love to hear the stories of anybody who has experienced something similar in their lives before.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Last edited:

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Never have a female tenant in your home unless you want listen to other guys fvcking her.
I made that mistake once in the past and never again. It will only cause you troubles.
Damn, bro. Sorry about that. Couldnt he push for a "no guests" thing

Attendee2459

Don Juan
Reaction score
Making me seriously consider getting a guy in now. But I should have highlighted "I’m very strict with what I allow in my home - strictly no overnight guests and the tenant must tell me if they want to invite guests over during the day." in my post

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are you really asking here? You've answered your own question.

I did have a female tenant, she was a friend, we ended up banging and things got messy - I posted several threads about her in 2018/19.

I only did it to help her out as she was buying a house and didn't want to commit to a lease/contract plus she was hot and I wanted to bang her. She stayed about 6 months. Never again.

My spare bedroom holds my drumkit, 2 wardrobes of clothes, shoes, suits, home office, a spare bed which I've let friends crash in from time to time, and general storage. I would NEVER give up my freedom and space for some chump change.

You say it's a small apartment so I'm surprised you stayed away from this woman for a whole year, but if she was ugly I can understand it. Surely in a small apartment, you want all your own space, you can entertain women without a care in the world. Walk around naked, play loud music, host drinks/parties. Walk around on the phone talking sh!t, taking a **** with the door open. Taking a sh!t/shower whenever you want, more space for food in the fridge/freezer. Having a tenant, regardless of gender and hotness, impedes your dating life and comfortability, having a roommate, that's gay as fvck bro you're 30 years old and earning decent money.

The only reason to do it is for the money.

Attendee2459

Don Juan
Reaction score
What are you really asking here? You've answered your own question.

I did have a female tenant, she was a friend, we ended up banging and things got messy - I posted several threads about her in 2018/19.

I only did it to help her out as she was buying a house and didn't want to commit to a lease/contract plus she was hot and I wanted to bang her. She stayed about 6 months. Never again.

My spare bedroom holds my drumkit, 2 wardrobes of clothes, shoes, suits, home office, a spare bed which I've let friends crash in from time to time, and general storage. I would NEVER give up my freedom and space for some chump change.

You say it's a small apartment so I'm surprised you stayed away from this woman for a whole year, but if she was ugly I can understand it. Surely in a small apartment, you want all your own space, you can entertain women without a care in the world. Walk around naked, play loud music, host drinks/parties. Walk around on the phone talking sh!t, taking a **** with the door open. Taking a sh!t/shower whenever you want, more space for food in the fridge/freezer. Having a tenant, regardless of gender and hotness, impedes your dating life and comfortability, having a roommate, that's gay as fvck bro you're 30 years old and earning decent money.

The only reason to do it is for the money.
Thanks, you're spot on - it's money. I'm doing well, but (because it's a desirable place) the extra income is quite significant. I have in a way answered my own question, but hearing from others like yourself really helps me decide whether or not it's worth it again. I haven't got men around my life that are as switched on as those like yourself on this forum. Unfortunately my friends don't see what I see, they still think it'd be fun to get a hot girl in.

She wasn't ugly - far from it. I genuinely didn't stay in the house much at all. I almost used my own place like a hotel (just coming home to sleep). I've had the space to myself for the past ~2 months now and I absolutely love it, I can't lie.

Thanks again, a lot to consider here your influence is bigger than you can imagine.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This goes back to "you don't eat where you s**t".

Your home is your sanctuary. A place of rest and mental peace. A space away from the constructs of life. Bringing someone that you can potentially feel physical/mental attraction will hinder that. Unless you have a high sense of self-control and discipline and set and bind to clear rules then it can work.

But let's be real, we are men. Given the chance, most of us will. So be honest with yourself.

PS: From personal experience, you'll be surprised how sometimes HB8+s can be right down disgusting at home. Messy, unclean, disrespectful, sloppy, etc. Don't be fooled by the look, at home they are a wreck sometimes.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, bro. Sorry about that. Couldnt he push for a "no guests" thing
Lol. While the cash was good for the rent she paid, it sucked donkey balls.
One night while I just was about to sleep I started to hear the sounds.. Go figure.. ha ha
I just didn't didn't think that far back then until it was too late. I was only like 20-21...

I had to cancel the lease and after that I only rented out the room the guys. Much better; some even became friends and we were out partying too pulling chicks.

The Diver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to rent my spare bedroom.
My rule was "No female tenant."

With Metoo, you could find yourself out of your own house if she fakes files sexual harassment against you: You'll find yourself out of your own home while she stays and have your place for herself. (it's pretty radical, but why take a chance? ( No female)
My neighbor rented out his spare bedroom to a female, thinking he was going to fvck her later on, just to kick her out a few months later.

Mostly I rented the room to a tourist male who stays in the area for a few months for working purposes (working visa) and usually has no friends (no unwanted friend visits).

The rent paid my mortgage.

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
This **** is scummy af.. If you're renting out property and thinking about sleeping with your tenants, you're a creep man. Never mix business with pleasure, or should i say perverted lust?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd consider selling your place OP. I don't know where you are, but in the US the housing market has peaked and the world economy isn't going to get any better.

Attendee2459

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would you want some random person living with you? You are 30 years old bro...this is just weird.
I don't want to live with anybody, it's money - maybe it's different where you live. Property prices are insane here and rooms are in high demand. Almost any room in any condition will have a long list of people wanting to pay to stay. It's even considered very normal to offer higher payment than the asking price.

Attendee2459

Don Juan
Reaction score
This **** is scummy af.. If you're renting out property and thinking about sleeping with your tenants, you're a creep man. Never mix business with pleasure, or should i say perverted lust?
Either you've misunderstood my post, I've misunderstood your reply or you don't understand how these things work. I'm not renting the place to try and sleep with people.

Attendee2459

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to rent my spare bedroom.
My rule was "No female tenant."

With Metoo, you could find yourself out of your own house if she fakes files sexual harassment against you: You'll find yourself out of your own home while she stays and have your place for herself. (it's pretty radical, but why take a chance? ( No female)
My neighbor rented out his spare bedroom to a female, thinking he was going to fvck her later on, just to kick her out a few months later.

Mostly I rented the room to a tourist male who stays in the area for a few months for working purposes (working visa) and usually has no friends (no unwanted friend visits).

The rent paid my mortgage.
Very good point. I'm going to interview a potential older, male tenant this weekend. Thanks!

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The second week my tenant brought some dude back without telling me. I didn't have a no-guest policy but I thought I would be warned beforehand out of common courtesy (how wrong I was). I came home after a night out about 8am to be greeted by a naked man pissing in my toilet. I can’t describe the anger and shock, considering I own the property and lived alone here for years and now some naked guy has banged my roommate and pissing in my toilet with no clothes on.

Nah bro I don't even let girlfriends move in with me, I worked hard for my own place, as an only child I also love my own time and space alone.

Just get a professional guy to move in, or even look at renting out both rooms for slightly above market and moving into your own place which they'll be paying for. Or use the money to save up for another deposit and buy a house and rent out the apartment. FYI I don't advise buying any property right now.

Attendee2459

Don Juan
Reaction score
The second week my tenant brought some dude back without telling me. I didn't have a no-guest policy but I thought I would be warned beforehand out of common courtesy (how wrong I was). I came home after a night out about 8am to be greeted by a naked man pissing in my toilet. I can’t describe the anger and shock, considering I own the property and lived alone here for years and now some naked guy has banged my roommate and pissing in my toilet with no clothes on.

Nah bro I don't even let girlfriends move in with me, I worked hard for my own place, as an only child I also love my own time and space alone.

Just get a professional guy to move in, or even look at renting out both rooms for slightly above market and moving into your own place which they'll be paying for. Or use the money to save up for another deposit and buy a house and rent out the apartment. FYI I don't advise buying any property right now.
Ah man this sounds like an absolute nightmare. It's the exact kind of situation that I don't need in my life.

100% agree, I don't let girlfriends live with me, I think that's even more headache than a stranger female tenant.

Interesting options you've highlighted here - will have a think and run the numbers to see if that's viable. Thanks.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I don't want to live with anybody, it's money - maybe it's different where you live. Property prices are insane here and rooms are in high demand. Almost any room in any condition will have a long list of people wanting to pay to stay. It's even considered very normal to offer higher payment than the asking price.
The first thing I would do is move to where there isn't normal.